Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Birth of a Deity: Turn 17, Multitudinous Failures of Words  (Read 23494 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 14, It's A Good Week For Revelation
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2014, 10:33:39 am »

"It's locked! I need a lockpick or a prybar over here!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:25 am »

"It's locked! I need a lockpick or a prybar over here!"

"Well, get over here, then!"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2014, 10:59:52 am »

Go back to the cart.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2014, 11:26:12 am »

Go back to the cart.

You step out of the house and walk over to Reen, who throws you a prybar. It flies over your head and embeds itself in a nearby rotten roof.

"Whoops!" she says as she hears the crash.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »

Carefully prod the prybar with my wooden pole to make it fall without bringing down the entire house. If successful, pick it up.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2014, 02:28:27 pm »

Carefully prod the prybar with my wooden pole to make it fall without bringing down the entire house. If successful, pick it up.

You grab the wooden pole, confident that it seems to be the tool for the job. Lifting it, you huff as you start moving toward the house you seek.

Your aim is... a little off. Rather than hit the prybar itself, you manage to embed the pole into the crumbling facade of the house. But this, you decide, cannot be allowed to deter you. Unable to quite pull the pole out, you simply wrench it as near an adjacent half-rotten wall as you can, resting part of it atop the remains of another support beam. And then, gently as a feather, you slam your foot down on your end of the pole, slightly delighted as the leverage you have obtained is enough to get the pole right out of that jam it seems to have gotten into. Along with the prybar, which plummets down to the ground in front of the house. And no needless damage was caused! Well, you think, anyway. Depends on what you count as needless damage.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »

"Well, then, I guess I shall be leaving. Could you perhaps give me directions to a nearby homestead, so I may ask for refuge? Thank you, fine sirs. I understand why you must not let me in."

If they give me directions, head to wherever they directed me to.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »

Go pry open that magical, mystical trapdoor to parts unknown.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2014, 07:17:56 am »

This, thought Derek, clearly requires furious gesticulation! He stared meaningfully at Sweetie, and then at the strange foreigners, and commenced waving his hands in the air as nudely as he could.

”Karse! Nakedness is the essential foundation of man and woman’s ideal of the purity of the spirit! Feck! Karse! Perhaps,” he continued, ”Perhaps you would join us in our quest for Holy Nudity!”

Derek mimed removing invisible clothes from his body, and throwing them to the floor before trampling them underfoot. Recalling that he was only mildly intoxicated, he then summoned a small fireball on the floor, jumping back so as not to burn his feet.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

"Yes, this place does seem rather wonderful. I have a few questions, though, if you would be so kind as to indulge my curiosity. This place is rather dark, is this simply to keep with the gnomish traditions or is there another reason? Secondly, is everyone here human? And lastly, could you tell me more about this gnome god?"

Edwin says, and sips his tea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »

"Yes, this place does seem rather wonderful. I have a few questions, though, if you would be so kind as to indulge my curiosity. This place is rather dark, is this simply to keep with the gnomish traditions or is there another reason? Secondly, is everyone here human? And lastly, could you tell me more about this gnome god?"

Edwin says, and sips his tea.

"We can't light fires. The place is made of wood, and also very cramped. Result - extremely flammable at times. No open flames allowed. And yes, we are all human. There is one orc in Gpin. Tralug, I think. And the gnome god is a great god. He is the stone and the path, and we walk upon him every day, and he gives us continued life, and rarely do we leave his whereabouts for long. Only to get food and goods. I am the one who has left longest at a time in all of Pkrin."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »

"And, does this god have any rules? Commandements? Interaction with beyond the road and the safety?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2014, 04:58:52 pm »

"And, does this god have any rules? Commandements? Interaction with beyond the road and the safety?"

"No. The gnome god is benevolent, and lonely. Our presence brings it happiness, and it demands nothing else. We keep it pretty and presentable as well, though it has not asked. We feel it is a good thing to do, as it helps others find it and keep it company. And for our kindness, it helps us through making the path inviolate and peaceful, you see?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 15, Bellstaran Hospitality
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2014, 05:22:46 am »

Turn 15, Bellstaran Hospitality

Pilner, woefully confused, opts to keep on walking, since he probably had a good reason to do so in the first place, fugue state or not. After about thirty minutes of walking along this lonely road, he has gained a wealth of information. Firstly, ahead of him is a town by the name of Hinsen, which he thinks he's actually heard of - a southern town, not too far from the mountains.

Mountains! He's supposed to find mountains, this much he knows. A specific mountain! One shaped like a knobby gravestone where God could very safely engrave Its words. Somebody in the mountains will probably know where that is, Pilner thinks. And the vision told him that he's supposed to be there as soon as possible, or something of that nature. That settles that problem! So, on to the mountains! Or Hinsen, or whatever.

Hinsen is reached promptly, much to Pilner's satisfaction - it takes but a day for him to do so. It looks rather nice, given the circumstances - a prosperous, sizable outpost in the far south, frequented by traders to a degree almost comparable with Bellstarae. It is a place well-known for several things - its crafts of gold and jewelry, created from materials obtained in the mountains, its rather exorbitant festivals involving quite a lot of said crafts as well as wine created from grapes obtained from nearby rolling hills, held to be mediocre, but eminently drinkable in this day and age, and its reasonably rich quintet of families who pretty much run the place jointly.

Jim, deciding to let the fine people of Bellstarae reject him if they feel that being this way is entirely necessary, asks the guards if they don't know any homesteads he could potentially petition for help.

"Well, then, I guess I shall be leaving. Could you perhaps give me directions to a nearby homestead, so I may ask for refuge? Thank you, fine sirs. I understand why you must not let me in."

"Oh, quite," one of the guards replies. "The Tavell widow's place is just down the road, and she's always good for Bellstaran hospitality!"

"Though you may want to wash yourself before she'll respect your wit and charm, of course. But anywho, scoot already. You're boring me."

"I'm sure he means well. He can't help it if he smells offensively and radiates malevolence with his presence," the other guard points out.

Jim can take this no longer, and takes the lads' advice, going over to the Tavell household just down the road - not a hundred meters away from the gate, it seems. No wonder the guards are so familiar with it. It's a fairly well-kept house, and Jim thinks that whoever lives in there, presumably the Tavell widow, must be at least a little affluent. He can observe a rather nicely tilled garden outside the house, which slightly towers over that of the rest of the nearby buildings aside from the city walls, and a single light at one of the top floor windows.

Emilia, intrigued by the looting prospects the trapdoor offers, takes the prybar and gets to work on it, attempting to force open whatever locking mechanism is at work here. It takes her a moment of prying to realize that it's probably a latch that's locking it from the inside, and that there is no way she's going to get it open by just prying it open.

So, resorting to the next best thing, she just slams the prybar into the wooden planks forming the body of the trapdoor until the rotten things collapse inward, leaving a sizable hole. And from there Emilia puts her hand in through the hole, undoes the rather sophisticated and durable latch, and notices that now there is a dark hole below her. Perhaps she needs a light of some kind.

Derek, excited for his communication with these people, begins waving his arms nudely at them while he jabbers religiously.

"Karse! Nakedness is the essential foundation of man and woman’s ideal of the purity of the spirit! Feck! Karse! Perhaps," he continues, "Perhaps you would join us in our quest for Holy Nudity!"

He pantomimes throwing his nonexistent clothes to the ground, trampling them, and finally throwing a very small spark from his hand at the hypothetical pile of clothing, presuming that it catches on fire in his own mind. The three strangers laugh, say something to Sweetie which she purses her lips at, and then move on in unison. Sweetie rattles off something at their backs (and the hooded man's front), but they don't seem to care that much.

"Yeesh, these Gershfolk sure are being rude!" Ehran observes, having stayed quite silent during the exchange. Sweetie smiles at him.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of a Deity: Turn 15, Bellstaran Hospitality
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:22 am »

Go outside, and clean/open the windows/shutters of the basement. ((Assuming the architect who designed the house wasn't a complete idiot, I'm not actually going to need a light source.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21