Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher  (Read 27775 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

How do you turn on nanofortress because I am going to try my first nanofort?

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:19 am »

Masterwork v6.1
Windows 7 home premium (updated regularly)
Intel i3 @2.53GHz
3GB ram

From a fresh reboot, the MW gui has a load time of 2-10 minutes from the time the exe is opened. The splash screen often appears after about a minute.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I'm curious about how much load time varies. Many of the MW version 4x GUIs had the same issue.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »

About 10 seconds

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:17 am »

Bit of a necro, but could the GUI be updated to show the version of Masterwork it is running/intended for? Either in the About button, or as small text under "work" of "Masterwork * Dwarf Fortress" in the top right.

With the frequent updates (presuming such an update frequency will happen again) it is sometimes difficult to keep track of versioning, particularly if you're like me and go weeks or months between new forts.

Obviously it's not really that big of an issue, since I can figure it out easily from the folder name, and in the worst case I can just download it again. However, it would still be nice to have that information clearly evident in the GUI.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:22 am »

Bit of a necro, but could the GUI be updated to show the version of Masterwork it is running/intended for? Either in the About button, or as small text under "work" of "Masterwork * Dwarf Fortress" in the top right.

With the frequent updates (presuming such an update frequency will happen again) it is sometimes difficult to keep track of versioning, particularly if you're like me and go weeks or months between new forts.

Obviously it's not really that big of an issue, since I can figure it out easily from the folder name, and in the worst case I can just download it again. However, it would still be nice to have that information clearly evident in the GUI.
the about button shows the version (at least in the more recent versions)
Edit: nevermind..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:55:01 am by splinterz »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:32 am »

I downloaded 6.2 today and the About button only said "2.6.0.0." I assume this is the GUI's version, not the Masterwork version (otherwise perhaps the numbers were just transposed).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:29 am »

I downloaded 6.2 today and the About button only said "2.6.0.0." I assume this is the GUI's version, not the Masterwork version (otherwise perhaps the numbers were just transposed).
sorry, i misread your post and thought you meant the GUI version. to be safe though, stick with the GUI that's released with masterwork updates. i'm not sure what your process would be that you'd be concerned about which GUI you're using as it's normally packaged with the masterwork release..

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2015, 09:55:25 am »

I mean for the GUI to indicate the version of masterwork it was packaged with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

Let's bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

What do you want to have in the new GUI? Open for suggestions, now or never.  :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2015, 05:17:51 pm »

Let's bring the relevant threads back to the first page... *bump

What do you want to have in the new GUI? Open for suggestions, now or never.  :P

I want to make a PyLNP-based version ;)

That's a longer-term thing though, and after the Qt gui version is standard. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »

I mentioned this in another thread since I wasn't aware the GUI thread existed (It wasn't on the first page): I'd like the ability to either have overrides be tileset specific, or swappable through the GUI.  As things stand currently, my tileset uses a lot over TWBT overrides, but the current GUI won't do anything with them.  The only option right now is to move them manually.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2015, 11:06:18 am »

It would be excellent if you find a way to allow us to disable meat, leather and bones from being generic. It is, quite honestly, one of the only things about Masterwork I don't like.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 11:44:54 am »

It would be excellent if you find a way to allow us to disable meat, leather and bones from being generic. It is, quite honestly, one of the only things about Masterwork I don't like.

There's a reason it doesn't toggle, though, it's one of the hardest things to separate out.  Not saying that Meph will never do it, but I dunno. 

edit
It also would make it very hard to have things like leathers that are tough or soft, and every reaction that requires tough or lamellar leather would have to be reconsidered or scrapped.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:47:09 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2015, 09:07:28 pm »

Smake, the new mod is set up that this will be optional. All that's missing is a button in the GUI. I just have to get around writing all the correct tags and sending splinterz a list. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2015, 11:46:53 pm »

Smake, the new mod is set up that this will be optional. All that's missing is a button in the GUI. I just have to get around writing all the correct tags and sending splinterz a list. ;)

I think you mentioned this once before, which is probably why my todo list has this cryptic note "figure out what Meph is doing with leather and whether warcrafter/fletcher is still OK, probably not" :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9