Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher  (Read 27729 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 06:13:50 am »

also Meph, the 'reset to defaults' for world gen and your default profiles won't work without having copies of the files as *.original

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 06:38:20 am »

that did it, but the checkbox was off originally and on fixes it lol
tried it twice
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 07:00:02 am »

So I add into the folder: Settings\Profiles a copy of Default Settings.JSON and just call it Default Settings.original ? If so, then consider it done. :)

Tested the new razing/digging invaders button, works. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:07 am »

that did it, but the checkbox was off originally and on fixes it lol
tried it twice
sorry that's what i meant, on should work, but off should break it when creating a new profile. anyway should be fixed in 2.3.0.3

So I add into the folder: Settings\Profiles a copy of Default Settings.JSON and just call it Default Settings.original ? If so, then consider it done. :)

Tested the new razing/digging invaders button, works. :)
yep that's all you need. also make the same copy for world_gen.txt -> world_gen.original if you want that functionality as well on the world gen tab. the last build (2.3.0.3) should fix that profile issue as well, if you haven't tried it.

additionally you should update the masterwork.settings file in the dwarf fortress folder.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:17:45 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:28 am »

All done. Thanks for the hint with the last file in the DF folder, I would have missed that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 12:00:51 am »

just tried out 5.01 - awesome (the pc I'm using I can't elevate on so this is great - it looks like everything is running now)

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »

Didn't realize this was still being updated.  The settings stuff looks great, but there are no buttons/menus/etc at the top of the screen.  I saw the earlier post about hovering over that area of the screen to find the theme and choosing something new.  The hovering worked and made tooltips show, but pressing on the theme item causes a crash.  Something about can't find a resource.   ???

Unhandled exception has occurred ...  Could not load file or assembly "System Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, ...  or one of its dependencies"

Is the 7z file completely self contained?  If not, what does it rely on?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 05:04:03 am »

Didn't realize this was still being updated.  The settings stuff looks great, but there are no buttons/menus/etc at the top of the screen.  I saw the earlier post about hovering over that area of the screen to find the theme and choosing something new.  The hovering worked and made tooltips show, but pressing on the theme item causes a crash.  Something about can't find a resource.   ???

Unhandled exception has occurred ...  Could not load file or assembly "System Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, ...  or one of its dependencies"

everything required is in the zip file, excluding .NET framework 4.0. ensure that you've got that, and you should be all set.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

everything required is in the zip file, excluding .NET framework 4.0. ensure that you've got that, and you should be all set.
Much better, thanks.  It would be good to list that near the download link in the main thread.  Or if it is listed make it more prominent.
Don't know if it's possible to check this type of dependency at startup, and fail sooner with a user friendly message?   ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 11:27:03 am »

I can add it to the release thread, next to the notice for 7-zip.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »

Much better, thanks.  It would be good to list that near the download link in the main thread.  Or if it is listed make it more prominent.
Don't know if it's possible to check this type of dependency at startup, and fail sooner with a user friendly message?   ;)
oh believe me, if there was an easy way to let users know when they ran the app that .net 4.0 was required i would have done it. this problem/error has come up quite a few times :)

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 02:04:54 pm »

currently downloading ... have a stupid question : can I use my old Masterwork 4j savegame with version 5.02? hmmm maybe wrong thread...?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:07:16 pm by ancient_vampire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »

Updates are never safe compatible.

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 02:28:54 pm »

damn , it was such a lovely embark site

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 02:30:06 pm »

Then continue to play it. Just because a new version is out, that doesnt mean that the old one has gotten worse. It like buying an iphone5 while having an iphone4. It doesnt get worse, just because something better exist. ^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9