Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher  (Read 27806 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: ☼GUI☼ - Everything about the Launcher
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 07:48:20 pm »

I am using a fresh windows 7 I got from the shop today on my Asus G55V. Just had it repaired by the company after a disk drive failure (thank god for the Asus 1 year no questions asked warranty).

I ran it as an Admin, and it had the same problem.

I'm not sure if it is up to date. I'll do a quick reset, cause it says some updates are queued to go, maybe that will work.

Edit: There WERE some updates that needed to be done, and on of them was .NET-Framework. It fixed my issue once I updated and restarted. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:50:46 pm by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:17 am »

Nice. :) Good to know that it works now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 11:16:07 pm »

- A DFHACK section/tab, which toggles entries in the dfhack.init.
Toggling dwarfmonitor, siege-engine-control, rendermax, digginginvaders, workflow, quicksave and the like. Its a bit superfluous, but I think many people simply dont know about the dfhack scripts that they are missing out on. If there is a nice, graphic tab that says: Quicksave is enabled, press 'Q' ingame, then more people will use it. Same for the others. They will be like: "What the heck is X?" and try it out. And seeing the hotkeys now and then doesnt hurt either.

I would love a dfhack tab for the Starter Pack launcher...  but I have no idea what I'm doing.  Is there a chance that some code is reusable, or even that I can get someone to adopt the damn thing?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »

I have seen the source code behind both (the LNP and the current MDF GUI) and the parts are not really reusable. That being said, I did offer you a while ago to help you with it... on reddit I think?

Its not difficult to do. You take the part of the code you have that replaces the [AQUIFER] with !AQUIFER! and use it on the dfhack.init. Same thing for the population cap, you can copy the textbox and the code to accept/change numbers.

Have you seen the Onload.init and the dwarves/points script I have in the mod? People can change the embark size group and embark points from the GUI.

Splinterz is working on the GUI of the mod, he improved it so far that I do not fully understand the code behind it anymore. I dont know how busy he is, but if you want to make any larger changes on your UI, ask him. With smaller changes I can help. As could deon, who used the same launcher as you and me as a basis for his Genesis Mod Loader.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 03:22:44 am »

I think it would help if you guys added a mirror or link to the DFHack readme to the in-game help pages listing all the stuff that you can do in DFHack. 

I was super confused when I downloaded v5.07 yesterday and couldn't find the EE and nano buttons in the utilities list - it was only after reading through this particular discussion that I found out that Splinterz offhandedly commented that they were in DFHack anyway, so they could be removed from the GUI.

EE and nanofortress for instance, are not anywhere on the DFHack Quicksheet included with the game, but they are popularly used.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:35:44 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 02:11:55 pm »

Someone posted this in the dwarf thread:

Its indeed the separate tilesets. Splinterz said that the GUI changes all files in all sets...  could you please post this in the GUI thread, because thats a bug he might want to look at.

The plants are actually the last files that are in multiple sets, all the rest I merged. Plants are a lot of work though, but if they are still a source of issues like that, I might sit down 1-2 days and merge them.
this issue was unique to the ironhand tileset. it's happening because the plant_standard file in the graphics pack has both the harder farming 'on' and 'off' GROWDUR in the file, so the GUI determined incorrectly that harder farming was already 'off' when it really wasn't.

the exe has been patched with a fix (right click, save as), but you can fix it yourself by checking the plant_standard file in the ironhand graphics raws and ensure all the GROWDUR tags have the same value to start with.

I downloaded the masterwork.exe but when I run it this happens. Something about root element missing in user.config from AppData\local\...

Sirow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 03:48:31 am »

Can't wait for Masterworks to update to the latest (v5) of dfhack and stonesense with overlay feature. :)
(Although sprites will probably be missing, but well, can't have everything :D)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 05:19:16 am »

Splinterz, I found a small issue with the embark profiles: If you save a new profile you make yourself, it will add it to the embark.txt in data/init, overwriting all the disabled profiles. So if you have dwarves active and the embark profiles of all other races are disabled with !NO_whatver!, then they get deleted if you create a new embark profile yourself.

There is no fix that the GUI could offer, because its DF itself that does this, but the GUI could get a "restore to default" option for the embark profiles. I dont know if that is already included in the profiles you make in the GUI, but it would certainly come in handy if someone suddenly finds out he has next to no embark profiles left in data/init.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 05:36:04 am »

Splinterz, I found a small issue with the embark profiles: If you save a new profile you make yourself, it will add it to the embark.txt in data/init, overwriting all the disabled profiles. So if you have dwarves active and the embark profiles of all other races are disabled with !NO_whatver!, then they get deleted if you create a new embark profile yourself.

There is no fix that the GUI could offer, because its DF itself that does this, but the GUI could get a "restore to default" option for the embark profiles. I dont know if that is already included in the profiles you make in the GUI, but it would certainly come in handy if someone suddenly finds out he has next to no embark profiles left in data/init.
you mean you'd like the profiles to also save the current embark profiles, or that you'd like to be able to restore the embark profiles packaged with masterwork like we've done with the packaged profiles and world gen, or both?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 07:16:13 am »

If a backup of the embark profiles could be saved somewhere, and reapplied if people load the default profile, that would be great. Currently the tags would get set back to default, but that doesnt help, if DF deleted all the disabled entries from the file already.

Its very minor, I only noticed it while doing human embark profiles. I never got a report from a player about it either.

restore the embark profiles packaged with masterwork
This.

profiles to also save the current embark profiles
This not.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2014, 04:21:19 am »

Can I change my population cap mid-fort?  My FPS is holding up surprisingly well, but I need more marksdwarves.  If I just quit out, adjust the value on the launcher, and go back in, will it work?
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:46 am »

yes.

phillosopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »

I have a question about the adventure ticks in the GUI, if I am not using that mode at all would it save me any resources to tick them off at all? Also I would love to use the absolute default MW tiles and colors, basically play the game how you guys have envisioned it. So in the tileset drop down which one should I default to as there are three MW tilesets?

EDIT: Also what does the macro thing mean and do?

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2014, 01:41:19 am »

I turned Simplified Meat off (so that I would have different animal types presumably) and it still only gives me just "animal meat"..

Other than that, Im loving the new launcher :D Ooh, maybe a pink-hued theme might be nice :D
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2014, 01:50:23 am »

I turned Simplified Meat off (so that I would have different animal types presumably) and it still only gives me just "animal meat"..

Other than that, Im loving the new launcher :D Ooh, maybe a pink-hued theme might be nice :D
it only merges lung, liver, brain, etc into "meat", it doesnt make meat "creature-meat". ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9