Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)  (Read 15113 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »

As the name implies, Uroruralir is a succession fortress using my mod, Blood for Armok. If you haven't seen it, check it out as the link is in my sig.

If this were a regular succession fort, I'd be worried about being a soldier.
But imps are hardcore.

Introduction

After the goblins released the demons, everything went to shit. The demons are exceedingly violent and unbeatable in combat. Any nation that goes up against them is doomed to destruction. Most nations have managed to keep the peace with them, but the animal men, without the ability to make treaties, are all but wiped out. They throw themselves against the demons, sacrificing tens of thousands for only a few hundred. But there is hope. The demons, unable to stand the surface, die exactly a hundred years after they emerge. They also murder each other frequently, proving that the only thing that can kill a demon is another demon.

This fortress is being founded as the last bastion of impkind against the demon scourge. May it never fall.

"Flame, are we there yet?"
"Actually, yes. The coastline matches the map's image."
"Finally!"

Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)

Starting Seven

Turns and impings are being accepted.
Overseers: (done, playing now, skipped)
1. TheFlame52 1 2 3
2. FallenAngel 1 2
3. Rendell 1 2 3 4
4. Gamedragon 1
5. TheFlame52 1 2 3
6. Fallenangel (short turn) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7. Gamedragon
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:42:53 am by TheFlame52 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Urorurilar, Imp Fortress (Blood for Armok)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »

Hey, may I be the mechanic?
I'm considering taking a turn; I might want to make my own (I will need to get my personal unnamed mod refined and balanced; the fallen are FAR too hardcore, tougher than the strongest demon). Either way, this seems like it'll be quite fun. I want to see where this goes; the inevitable tantrum spiral will be much more fiery than usual.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:18:31 pm »

Can I have a go?
And may I please be imped as Ritia Bowelwebs?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:28:09 pm »

I just realized that there's only one girl on the team.
That must have been an awkward meeting.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 04:28:55 pm »

Imped and added to the turn list!

FallenAngel: Oh so firey.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »

I would like a turn. Requesting Imp, Rator Rampartchurches sounds good.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:18:20 pm »

Expedition leader's log

1st Granite
We've finally arrived! Oudim and I begin digging out the upper part of the fort, the farms and food stockpile. I also ordered Rusri and Ritiri to chop down some trees.

8th Granite
While digging the main stairwell, we struck some chalk. Good to know we'll be able to make steel here. Also, a giant mosquito is wandering around, but it seems peaceful. Best not to do anything to piss it off.

12th Granite
I've learned that Rendell and Rusri have gotten engaged. That was quick, we haven't been here two weeks.

16th Granite
I designated the stockpile for food, causing everyone to bring in the food and seeds. I also marked out four 5x5 farming plots, two outdoor and two indoor. In addition, I desiganted the mining of farming workshops, belowground workshops, a hospital, our bedrooms, an office for the overseer, and a dining hall.

22nd Granite
Oudim went fishing in a pond but didn't catch anything. I also put the cats in the food stockpile to catch any vermin there.

23rd Granite
The two indoor farm plots were constructed, so I ordered what crops were to be planted at what time of year. I also ordered the wagon to be deconstructed.

2nd Slate
A second giant mosquito has joined the first. Oudim and I continue to dig.

7th Slate
The bedrooms, office, and hospital are finished being dug out. I ordered the building of two bags in the hospital to hold the medical supplies. I also designated a refuse stockpile.

13th Slate
While I wasn't looking, some idiot threw a few fireballs at one of the giant mosquitoes and set the whole surface on fire! We rushed to get all the flammable supplies underground. We left the anvil and phoenix leather quivers outside.

17th Slate
While our supplies were saved, the horses were engulfed by the fire. Miraculously, one survived with all the fat melted off her body. She must be half singe deer! I also discovered that it was Rendell who started the fire, the jerk.

25th Slate
The fire finally burned itself out. Before doing so, it killed our two dogs and several wild cavies. The first fire in an impish fort is a big event, but I didn't expect it so early. This does not bode well.

26th Slate
We finally got the belowground workshops dug out, so I ordered the construction of a mason's workshop, carpenter's workshop, two craftsman's workshops, a jeweler's workshop, and a mechanic's workshop.

28th Slate
The workshops are mostly done. I order the construction of 7 beds and 8 doors.

10th Felsite
The farmer's workshop spaces are dug out, as well as the refuse stockpile. The doors to the refuse stockpile and our bedrooms are placed. I designate the beds as ours. Finally, somewhere to sleep besides the floor!

12th Felsite
I designate a still, kitchen, butchery, tannery, fishery, and farmer's workshop. I also designate a large room to be dug out as our wood stockpile.

13th Felsite
I order 8 more beds for the hospital, as well as 6 tables for operating tables and traction benches. I also order some mechanisms and a statue to put in the middle of the hospital.

14th Felsite
The first crops are being harvested, sweet pods. I also tell what crops should be plated in the above-ground farm plots.

17th Felsite
Gamedragon has been unhappy at not doing anything but haul, so I tell him to make as many rock crafts as he can. Yessir, he says.

20th Felsite
Rusri tells me we only had enough wood for 5 out of 8 beds. Apparently the wood we harvested earlier got burnt up in the fire. I designate more trees for cutting.

27th Felsite
I order 3 tables to be turned into traction benches. I also designate a clothier's workshop and a loom for when we start needing clothing.

1st Hematite
It starts raining, which is surprising because this is supposed to be a desert. We really could have used it during the fire.

5th Hematite
I take a break. I'm long overdue, considering since we've arrived I've only stopped digging to eat, drink, sleep, and order people around.

7th Hematite
The wood stockpile gets finished so people start taking in wood between other jobs. Now our wood will be safe from fires. I tell Rusri to build those last three beds. Gamedragon also goes on break.

15th Hematite
Everyone is taking breaks. Nothing is really happening.

25th Hematite
Migrants! Finally! A brewer, a fish dissector, a fisherman, a farmer, a farmer/engineer, and a baby reindeer. They are all married but two have dead spouses. Nothing particularly useful, but more workers are always welcome. The engineer gets told to be a mechanic and the fish dissector and farmer get told to plant seeds.

6th Malachite
Goddammit, one of our cats adopted the goddamned fish dissector. Oudim and I start digging out more bedrooms for the new guys. I order 10 more beds.

14th Malachite
I noticed that all the stuff for the hospital was done, so I ordered it built. I also order 7 cabinets for our rooms.
((OOC: We now have a fully stocked hospital in the first summer. The best part is, this is fairly par for the course of my forts.))

18th Malachite
I order 5 of the 10 beds built. I also order some drinks brewed as we are running low.

25th Malachite
Rador, the brewer, tells me we don't have enough barrels to brew all the drinks I wanted him to. I order 5 large pots made. I also order 5 tables and chairs made for the dining hall.

2nd Galena
The other cat adopted that fish dissector. Grrrr. Somebody yelled that we didn't have a water source, but we have around 50 units of booze, so what does it matter?

6th Galena
I ordered the rope reeds, pig tails, and quarry bushes to be processed.

12th Galena
I ordered on table and chair to be built in the office, for the future overseer's use. I also ordered the other 5 beds to be built.

21st Galena
I ordered the plant fiber thred to be woven into cloth. I also ordered some rock blocks to be made so that we can floor over the above-ground farm.

24th Galena
I ordered the first four tables and chairs built in our dining hall. Hopefully now people will stop eating in the office.

1st Limestone
I ordered the construction of part of the roof to the outdoor farm.

8th Limestone
I ordered some more drinks brewed. I also ordered more of the roof to be built.

20th Limestone
I ordered a bunch more trees cut down. That'll keep eveyone busy for a while.

((OOC: I completely forgot to take any screenshots. Maybe next update will have a few.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:43:06 pm by TheFlame52 »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »

Oops! I forgot to ask for a turn as well as an imping.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 06:19:03 pm »

17th Slate
While our supplies were saved, the horses were engulfed by the fire. Miraculously, one survived with all the fat melted off her body. She must be half singe deer! I also discovered that it was Rendell who started the fire, the jerk.

25th Slate
The fire finally burned itself out. Before doing so, it killed our two dogs and several wild cavies. The first fire in an impish fort is a big event

I would just like to say, as resident butcher I was only trying my best to ensure a low fat diet after the celebrations of our first fire festival, and that I no way claim responsibility for the death of those tasty poor dogs.   

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 07:42:44 pm »

26th Limestone
Oudim and I start digging out more bedrooms for future migrants. I also order 10 more beds.

2nd Sandstone
I struck sardonyx. That's the first gemstone we've found at this fort.

4th Sandstone
Migrants! A woodcrafter/fish dissector, a ranger/smith, a beekeeper, and a gemcutter. Also a keet came.

7th Sandstone
We struck citrine and I told Gamedragon to start cutting that sardonyx.

9th Sandstone
Evidently the ranger went hunting and set the surface on fire again. I feel like this is going to be a common occurrence. I pasture the keet and reindeer calf in the wood stockpile so they don't die. I also noticed that the blocks are done being made so I designated the rest of the roof to be built. There is one block left over.

10th Sandstone
The ranger complains about his kill burning up. Rusri and Ritiri are true imps and keep cutting down trees in the midst of the blaze.

13th Sandstone
It begins raining, putting out the fire!

17th Sandstone
I order 5 more tables and chairs. Also, our hunter is still out there chucking fireballs. He managed to hit a stork in the leg with a crossbow bolt, though.

21st Sandstone
Rusri stops cutting down trees and starts making beds.

22nd Sandstone
It stops raining. Miulo, the ranger, immediately sets a stork on fire. The surface is on fire again.

25th Sandstone
I order the plants to be processed again.

3rd Timber
Miulo brings back his first kill, a stork! We have meat again!

9th Timber
A giant tick decides that imp goo would taste good and subsequently gets set on fire.

14th Timber
The caravan arrives! We don't have a depot yet! I order one built right away.

17th Timber
The liaison tries to meet with me but I tell him to wait until I'm finished with the depot.

21st Timber
I order the reindeer calf butchered because it looks hungry. I also order those beds from a while ago built.

25th Timber
I appoint the beekeeper as speaker because she isn't going to be doing any of that anytime soon.

28th Timber
The depot is built! The speaker is told to stand there and everyone else is to bring crafts to the depot.

29th Timber
THAT IS A LOT OF CRAFTS GAMEDRAGON

2nd Moonstone
The traders arrive and unload their goods.

6th Moonstone
GAMEDRAGON STOP MAKING EVEN MORE CRAFTS

8th Moonstone
I tell the speaker to trade for seeds, meat, plaster, and animals. He does, but they don't have any seeds. The only animal they had was a bull, which I order to be slaughtered.

((OOC: I just realized I have no idea what to screenshot. What do you guys want to see?))

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »

Funny stuff, progress, etc.
I want to know what state you leave the fort in and how it got there, really.
Basically take pictures of whatever happens unless it's extremely boring.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 09:31:07 pm »

((OOC: I just realized I have no idea what to screenshot. What do you guys want to see?))

Just give us a look at the fortress In general, such as note worthy things that appear or that you decide to construct (such as fine displays of personal corruption, like building your grand overseers room out of rare and valuable materials, thats always a favourite). 

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I agree with Rendell in reference to screenshots.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nice, you should do a rendition of our imps setting the surface on fire!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 08:22:02 am »

But I'm not the overseer, I'm the expedition leader. Someone else can build their room out of solid gold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12