Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 128775 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2019, 09:16:20 pm »

Edit:   
As for movies I have seen recently: They're all D-tier absolute trash so nothing to really talk about there.
What kind of "D-tier absolute trash"? Is that like, B-movies but a bit further down the alphabet?
Yeah. B-movies are low budget but potentially enjoyable and sometimes well known. I've been watching absolute garbage you've never heard of like Winterskin (terrible-in-unenjoyable-way horror movie) and Jungle Master (stiff Chinese-made CGI children's film).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2019, 10:20:24 pm »

Sounds sick. I'll have to watch those sometime.
Have you seen The Law of Violence, Killer Nerd and Hansel and Gretel Get Baked? Some of the most irredeemable bad films I've seen.
Actually I should add a disclaimer, The Law of Violence is only for the truly masochistic. Watch at thy own peril.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 11, 2019, 10:55:40 pm »

Yeah. B-movies are low budget but potentially enjoyable and sometimes well known. I've been watching absolute garbage you've never heard of like Winterskin (terrible-in-unenjoyable-way horror movie) and Jungle Master (stiff Chinese-made CGI children's film).
These look almost half-competently made. What letter is a Neil Breen movie then?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 11, 2019, 11:05:02 pm »

These look almost half-competently made. What letter is a Neil Breen movie then?

A letter which encompasses all human knowledge and experience. A letter too perfect for this awful human world. A letter which will save all of humanity. That. Is a Neil Breen letter.

NBK is like my roommates favorite movie of all time. I mean it's about serial killers, it's not going to be a pleasant movie in the final analysis. Just like Blue Velvet isn't a pleasant movie to sit through.

I've never had any real desire to rewatch NBK, and I've deliberately rewatched American History X. So it's not like being shocked and/or depressed is something I can't appreciate. I think what gets me about NBK is the way their relationship is portrayed, how loopy and obsessed they are. It gives this sort of sad, almost idiot quality to everything that happens. NBK really feels like a product of its time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 11, 2019, 11:21:22 pm »

Come for the gratuitous violence, stay for the sappy romance.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:51 pm »

Sounds sick. I'll have to watch those sometime.
Have you seen The Law of Violence, Killer Nerd and Hansel and Gretel Get Baked? Some of the most irredeemable bad films I've seen.
Actually I should add a disclaimer, The Law of Violence is only for the truly masochistic. Watch at thy own peril.
I have not, though Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters is actually pretty good all things considered. I should clarify that I don't seek out completely bad movies on purpose, my tastes just tend towards bottom feeding.

Speaking of which, if you like bad movies consider Independence Day: Resurgence. I probably don't need to tell you that a twenty year later sequel to a cheesy movie is bad, but I found it both impressively terrible and, unlike most awful movies I'm familiar with, absolutely made of money for the privilege.

Not familiar with him, but I suspect at the depths you're talking about the laws of man fail and entirely new scales of measurement are required.

A letter which encompasses all human knowledge and experience. A letter too perfect for this awful human world. A letter which will save all of humanity. That. Is a Neil Breen letter.
Or this, yeah. A transcendent letter, never before seen by this sinful world, which only coincidentally looks like somebody tried to write an N over a B and screwed it up somehow.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2019, 02:44:53 am »

Speaking of good bad movies, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter! The full movie is also uploaded on youtube.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 12, 2019, 05:29:40 am »

Edit:   
As for movies I have seen recently: They're all D-tier absolute trash so nothing to really talk about there.
What kind of "D-tier absolute trash"? Is that like, B-movies but a bit further down the alphabet?

I found out about R.O.T.O.R recently. The z-grade Terminator/Robocop knock-off. Worth seeing. Also: Hobgoblins for the worst-made Gremlins / Critters type knock off ever.

R.O.T.OR (1987) trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgDQKkHbtY

Hobgoblins (1988) trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fhewrzBRM
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:34:57 am by Reelya »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 12, 2019, 08:32:57 am »

...It's almost like it was planned...
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 12, 2019, 09:31:13 am »

Gotta be honest. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that they retconned "Uh, Meeeoooowww?"
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 12, 2019, 09:44:22 am »

So, I watched El Camino.
It... didn't exactly reinvent the wheel, but I was pretty stoked to see some more of my favourite character. Won't say any more than that, since I can't be bothered carefully sorting any spoilers into a spoiler compartment right now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 12, 2019, 10:18:28 am »

...It's almost like it was planned...
It the "New Coke" conspiracy all over again!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 12, 2019, 10:38:29 am »

So, I watched El Camino.
It... didn't exactly reinvent the wheel, but I was pretty stoked to see some more of my favourite character. Won't say any more than that, since I can't be bothered carefully sorting any spoilers into a spoiler compartment right now.

As much as I liked Breaking Bad, I just couldn't bring myself to watch El camino past the first 20-30 minutes.... Maybe I quitted it too soon and it got better as the story progressed but up to that point it was just so damn boring.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2019, 10:42:15 am »

I'm impressed.  The movie will still suck, but now its margin for error is even smaller since they remade the whole thing.

I finally watched goodfellas.  It was good, fellas.

I havent seen natural born killers, but a while back i watched the sadist on a cheap horror DVD pack I got at the flea market, based on the same crime spree.  Was expecting hilarious schlock, starring arch hall junior of Eegah! fame, and was disappointed to find it was really good.  Felt very prototypical of the hostage thriller genre, emphasis on how the protagonists fail to seize on opportunities, the classic 'cops show up' stakes-raising fakeout, and arch hall jr is really good as a demented creep

El Camino is also good
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95