Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 95

Author Topic: The Movie Discussion Thread!  (Read 128791 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Movie Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1200 on: February 17, 2022, 10:26:07 pm »

Bad roseheart! No watching English language remakes! Even when they're alright. It only encourages Hollywood to make more.

Well, I loved the original Suicide Squad with Will Smith, so I eat up corporate shill products with abandon.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1201 on: February 23, 2022, 01:00:59 am »

Cat Burglar / Netflix interactive animation

Couldn't get past the first question. And it had nothing to do with paying attention. Just bizarre trivia like the name of an Australian candy. What a disappointment.

Animation was solid, just dumb questions. Make the question about the cartoon!

Why the F was JJ put in-charge of Star Trek/Wars?

His filmography is basically empty. He like made Mission Impossible III (71% rotten tomatoes), then crawled into a hole and came out to make his spin the biggest nerd scifi icons. They both feel like I am watching a commercial for those franchises.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 05:25:06 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 01, 2022, 02:29:06 pm »

Bruce Willis to lose out on opportunity to win award.

(I mean, some may say that his medical condition would be potentially 'performance enhancing', in this category. It could virtually guarantee him a win, right?)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 02, 2022, 05:11:50 am »

I saw the Death of Stalin the other day. I couldn't recommend it more, it was very fun.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 02, 2022, 07:14:14 am »

All hail chad Zhukov. Just don't take the film as an accurate representation of history.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 02, 2022, 07:35:34 am »

All hail chad Zhukov. Just don't take the film as an accurate representation of history.

lol of course not it's not like I've already called three friends and explained how much I learned about history from it...
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 03, 2022, 01:32:47 pm »

BTW, while we're here everything ...oh, ok, maybe 75%[1]..? of what I know about Russia definitely came from this extremely comprehensive biographical treatment.

[1] The rest is something to do with the dolls, probably.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 05, 2022, 01:44:47 am »

I saw the Death of Stalin the other day. I couldn't recommend it more, it was very fun.

Jason Isaacs is very funny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 29, 2022, 06:28:35 pm »

The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent is a pretty damn good movie. One of those pieces that clearly shows that Nic Cage is a damn good actor if he's used properly. The fact that it has Nic Cage playing Nic Cage is just an added cherry on top. And beyond that, it's a really well constructed little thing with many layers of self-awareness and associated comedy. So if you're looking for a good movie and happen to like some of mister Cages work this is a pretty easy recommendation.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 29, 2022, 07:38:47 pm »

Nicolas Cage is a good actor in whatever he does. He might do weird shit, but he does weird shit good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 29, 2022, 09:28:07 pm »

Bad roseheart! No watching English language remakes! Even when they're alright. It only encourages Hollywood to make more.

Well, I loved the original Suicide Squad with Will Smith, so I eat up corporate shill products with abandon.
Yeah me too.  I guess it wasn't up to the Marvel Universe, but the MCU had some flops.  I thought the original SS Suicide Squad was fine and entertaining!

I also thought Man of Steel was kinda cool

There are *good* movies still being made.  I'm struggling to remember which, though. 
Probably because I see most of them on my mom's Hulu account rather than my Netflix.

Jokes aside, I need to find someone and take them to the cinema.  Maybe it's bad, and we find our own fun.  Or it's good, and we enjoy that!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 30, 2022, 02:48:19 am »

Anyone seen The Green Knight? A treat for all you Arthurian nerds and generally a wonderful film. In an unsettling, fable-like, ethereal way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1212 on: May 18, 2022, 04:12:58 am »

Nicolas Cage is a good actor in whatever he does. He might do weird shit, but he does weird shit good.
Lord of War is damn good serious cage. Mandy is damn good cage cage. Willy's Wonderland is just Nicholas Cage in Five Nights at Freddys and is what you would expect, in all the best ways.

Anyone seen The Green Knight? A treat for all you Arthurian nerds and generally a wonderful film. In an unsettling, fable-like, ethereal way.
I am so gutted I missed the movie screening for Gawain. The first Arthurian movie that is just Arthurian, no; "What if King Arthur was a samurai"
"What if King Arthur was antifa"
"What if King Arthur was afghan war"
"What if King Arthur was time travel"
"What if King Arthur was furry"
 Just; what if King Arthur?
And I missed it. Got to stream it with my friends one of these days. Gawain is my favourite boy too

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 18, 2022, 06:03:22 am »

Stream it, boyo. It good.

Lord of War is damn good serious cage. Mandy is damn good cage cage. Willy's Wonderland is just Nicholas Cage in Five Nights at Freddys and is what you would expect, in all the best ways.
What is Nick Cage in Pig? Anti-cage cage?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1214 on: May 18, 2022, 06:27:40 am »

What is Nick Cage in Pig? Anti-cage cage?
Cage Pig in the Big City
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 95