Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Rougelike  (Read 5268 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Rougelike
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

Alright. Khan: the barman, a merry old dwarf, fills a shale mug with ale from his large stone pot, and hands it to you. A quick swig reveals it's some of the best ale you've ever had.

Starn: the bartender responds with "Oh, it's great! Did ye hear about the Tournament of Oaths? It's being held in the dwarven stronghold-city of Trazskysa. The Dwarven-King himself is attending!"

Jase: you spin the☼ coin down the table to the barkeep in a rather fancy manner, and he slides you a lay pewter goblet of ale. It is a pretty fine ale.

Rihcorawat: you toss the barkeep a coin, and he runs over and hands you a cup of mead, by the looks of it, a birchen one.

* Rihcorawat  has been ecstatic lately. He has had a truly legendary drink lately.

Meanwhile, the argument going on at the other table worsens audibly, with the swordself shouting "RUDE BAUBLES" even louder.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

blazing glory

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »

((I'll regret this.))

KEEP YOUR RUDE BAUBLES TO YOURSELF!

Now bartender,tell be about this Tournament.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »

Anyone want a free hat?
"Hats are fun!"

"Barkeep! Do you have pink lemonade?"

((Quick question: Do I have a limited number of scroos or a limited amount of sol'daar?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »

Name: Adrian
Race: Human
Class: Whizard
Character Description: LONG, TAN, HANDSOME
Color: Tan
Skills: Strength: 0 Skill: 1 Smarts: 2

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

First Ahngellia: The barman informs you "No, sorry, me lass. We do have fermented strawberries in back, however."

Starn: You yell at the elf. [1. Oh dear.]

* The Swordself has gone berserk!

The elf yells something along the lines of "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIMMAKILLTHEDWARFKINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABECAUSEI'MREALLYANGRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". His screaming attracts two more elves, a female elf in a golden dress and a burly-looking elf with a goatee, who then look at you and the dwarf angrily. The elf continues yelling.
"I...WILL KILL...THE KING...OF THE...DWARVES...FOR THEIR TRANSGRESSIONS..." He then punches the dwarf at the table, the human at the table, both of the arm-wrestling guys at the other table, and the bartender before running away screaming, his companions close behind.

That was a harsh roll, man. (Luckily, it set up the quest easily.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

blazing glory

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 06:54:34 pm »

((What exactly happened there?))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 06:56:52 pm »

((An elf with anger issues was pushed over the limit, punched out everybody in the bar, and ran off swearing to kill the Dwarven-king. Fun stuff, really.))

blazing glory

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »

Oooookay,bartender! Tell me about the state of the realm it's been a while since I paid attention.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 06:59:40 pm »

((That sounds more like the results of a 6 than a 1.))

"That sounds yummy! Can I have some please?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »

The bartender is unconscious.

blazing glory

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 07:11:56 pm »

((Stupid bartender,he hasn't given me my quest yet!))

Shake the bartender awake.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »

[6]The bartender wakes up, and, panicking, punches you in the solar plexus. He then tells you, "Oh... oh no... that was one skilled elf there. If the king... oh no... you cannot let him do that! You must warn the Dwarven-King!" before passing back out.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 07:19:27 pm »

"Gadzooks! We must hurry and save the King before it is too late, brave companions."

blazing glory

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

While Rihcorawat is talking rush outside the bar and try to see the elf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »

"Alright, let's save the king! I'll get the strawberries later! ...Where's the dwarven king? I've never been to his house."
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4