Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Bug] New 5x3 workshops are not working after years  (Read 1059 times)

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Bug] New 5x3 workshops are not working after years
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:14:27 am »

This is the first time I've had this problem. But in my current fort after a few years I noticed the new brewery wouldn't craft any new brews. Only booze to water and making fuel. That it is. It kept saying there was no non-rotten food accessible. Then about 5 years later I start working with my archelogist. To prep it I made a storeroom holding about 40 relics, rough chests, and ruins. Then I started. It did one relic which gave 4 rusty iron/steel items. Then a rough chest gave me Magma(nothing happened, its just an item that says magma). Now it cannot detect any of the other items, it can only do the excavate 5 stones.

Is this a common bug? Not sure what I did to cause it.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug] New 5x3 workshops are not working after years
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:21:01 am »

The magma issue I've not seen before. Sounds like something broke in your tileset/install. If you altered the raws, or changed tilesets without generating a new world, this is a likely symptom of it.

As for the excavate 5 stones, I've had that issue in the past myself and is part of my 'mega list of issues' I am soon to post. I've found this bug finicky, as some embarks - it will work. Some embarks - it simply won't. I especially notice this with relics, etc, discovered via the 'excavate 5 stone' process. Any relic made by it, is unusable by the functions in the arch shops.

~ Have you 'cut' the chests, etc? If so, that makes them useless.

~ Have you deconstructed and reconstructed the shops to see if it clears out the bugged item and fixes it?

~ Were your relics, etc, naturally dug up - or created via excavate 5 stones process?

I'm trying to nail this bug down myself, so if you can give input you can help me narrow it down. :)

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:49 am »

I dug them up and I've never done excavate 5 stones before yet. I tried deconstructing the brewery but it didn't fix it. I rebuilt a new archeologists. No change. I didn't do the trading from fine goods either. Neither of these bugs are game breaking, but it does suck some of the fun out of it. I have to rely on the distillery which makes random drinks and now the relic ruins chests are useless now.

One thing I noticed was that I had weather shut off in masterwork before. Then I turned it on and restarted masterwork but to no avail.
I have been constantly using the Apothecary, researcher, alchemist, shrine of armok, the trade license buildings, tailor shop, Fletcher, and furniture shops and they all work great. And they have worked in other worlds...

Now that I think about it, the main thing I am doing different this game... is playing with a pregen world settings. The magic one with a circle in the center with a donut ocean. Maybe that is to cause?

PS I did not cut them.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 09:21:22 pm »

Since forts get complicated quick a few years in are you doing anything each time you play like setting up stockpile orders or making burrows? Maybe randomly rebuild them around the fort. See if it'll work anywhere else.

It could also be some sort of bug with bins are barrels. As your fort stabalized and you built up large amounts of bins or barrels the bug may not be showing up until you get to this point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:21 am »

Sounds exactly like burrows-bug (see known bug section in the manual)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:34:31 pm »

Ah the only time I use a burrow is one that keeps all my nonfighting dwarves inside out of danger(But I only activate it for civs during invaders/sieges). But I do have specific stockpiles. Such as 1 for cavewheat/sweetpods 1 for pig tail and 1 for prepared food, then another for everything else. I never tried just getting rid of stockpiles and going back to generics. Will try that if the bug occurs again. Thank you for the replies, and thank you meph for the great mod.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »

Oh yea burrow bug is an vanilla annoyance we just have to live with.  Try to make a habit when you start a game of making one giant burrow from corner to corner and top to bottom of the map, then never use that burrow.  Should eliminate the burrow bug for the life of that fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »

Oh yea burrow bug is an vanilla annoyance we just have to live with.  Try to make a habit when you start a game of making one giant burrow from corner to corner and top to bottom of the map, then never use that burrow.  Should eliminate the burrow bug for the life of that fort.
I should add that to the known-bugs section as a fix. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »

I had tried your burrow everything idea and still ran into this issue, then I noticed it occurred after I made a new food stockpile which included everything of plants which was set to give to main stockpile. I removed the extra one and the issue went away and I was able to brew.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:14:39 pm by Netr0 »