Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Masterwork Flowcharts  (Read 3888 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Flowcharts
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 10:08:00 am »

FYI I've been asking for a flowchart for years

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

FYI I've been asking for a flowchart for years
Years would have been enough time to make at least one yourself. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 10:19:17 am »

Fair enough

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:48 am »

So...  I think I've found a program that does what I want.  I may need to find a free alternative, though, in the next 30 days, so if anyone knows one, let me know.

Anyways, having mucked about with it I now have a flowchart showing how one makes a pick.  Of course, I've not even though about steel or other alloys yet, or the more esoteric ways of getting charcoal, or correct usage of goblinite.  And the manufacture of glass and ceramic pots are just stubs for now.  And I've not even covered how to build the workshops.  But I did laugh maniacally at one point, causing one of my housemates to judge me and my life choices.

So:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, with a bit of luck I think I can group stuff, such as fuel production, so that it can remain minimised for those of us who know very well how to get coal, thank you very much, or opened again for those same people when they're trapped underground by a siege and the caravans aren't coming, and there's no coal left.

EDIT:  Well, that didn't work.  Does anyone know a program that produces a similar output, but where I can ideally click a little button on each box to tell the program to stop drawing all of the lines going into it, or similar?

2nd EDIT:  Found a way to make the flowchart look less terrifying.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:00:30 pm by Innocent Dave »
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

RaijinKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »

You might try MS Visio for very professional flow charts, or rff. I literally got an account just to post this, and offer my services. I'll definately make flowcharts for succubi, as soon as the manual is updated (for my personal use, but willing to share). Also willing to make for any other races, if someone has a great need. Will take some time as I am an avid student with a fairly difficult course, however, but it WILL happen.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

for free chart programs look at dia: http://dia-installer.de/index.html.en
and yEd: http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html

have used both, and i think i have a slight preference for yEd, but both are free and featured

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »

a simple step by step guide for the beginning would probably do.
still i like the flowcharts

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »

I would LOVE a flowchart something like : if you want to outfit a squad with homemade firearms you need to have researched foo and bar, to make foo you need to have researched baz and made blah in a whosit shoppe.  I've not managed anything more complicated than coin mints and magma forgery.  I still have no idea what is all required to make guns.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »

Chemist and Toolmaker. Chemist makes blackpowder, Toolmaker makes the flint-locks. Gunsmith assembles them. Tada, guns. Can be done first year, if you bring the right stuff at embark.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]