Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soo Ive got a friendly megabeast cyclopes roaming around  (Read 1564 times)

UristMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soo Ive got a friendly megabeast cyclopes roaming around
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »

So a little while ago a massive one eyed behemoth (etc etc) wandered onto my map. I mobilized my military, etc, but he wouldnt attack anything. I looked at the unit screen to find him and I saw:

Razvergis Godlinggoshdunoxtyec Bermt Scruk, Deity (Friendly)
Then on view,
Razbergis Wallcosts the Door of Seals
King

I don't see him on my noble screen, so I don't think he's a long lost friend of Cacame's, but I am not sure what to do with him.

He it totally friendly, parting it up with dwarves right now, but unfortunately he kept the building destroyer tag, so Im losing doors and armor stands fast. If he gets to my magmastack we might have a problem. Any ideas? I posted this in masterwork because it may be mod specific, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Now he isn't even destroying buildings, hes seems pretty content to just hang out in my dining room waterfall.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:05:50 pm by UristMcUrist »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Soo Ive got a friendly megabeast cyclopes roaming around
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

I think he's a human diplomat. They do that sometimes. Appoint monsters as ambassadors, that is. He's probably impersonating a deity to rule their civilization. He might have a meeting with your leader at some point if he is. If he isn't...

Think of ways to weaponize him.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UristMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »

That might make some sense, can human diplomats even come in late autumn though? I met with there ambassador a few months ago.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 10:52:51 pm »

It might not be from the same human civ that you have been trading with. IT might be a 2nd human civ that is a little bit further away.

UristMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

You were close, after checking through the other civs, I found out that he is in fact the King of a nearby gnome civlization! Working on weaponizing him, just hoping he doesnt go beserk or something in the middle of my dining hall in the meantime

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:38:42 am »

You were close, after checking through the other civs, I found out that he is in fact the King of a nearby gnome civlization!

I didn't know gnomes did that... That's really weird. Not sure which ethics and such gnomes have, but being taken over by demons and such didn't seem like it'd be in there.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 03:24:18 am »

In the mod, any civ, even yours, can chose to worship any megabeast. A dragon could be the dwarven king, or a Chimera did convince the kobolds that its a god.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

Gnomes befriend Cyclopes
Cyclopes runs for political power
Gnomes now have a big one eye King that steps on elves that try to push their boundaries and a huge nature being.
Wonder if he's a Druid King or a Clockwork King,
Imagine how big his Gnome hat is, or wonder if he has a second mechanical Eye so he has 2 eyes that one might shoot lazers out of?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

irrationalmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 01:01:47 am »

I've had a similar situation. I got the boxed message "THE DIETY RIITA HAS COME. A GIANT AS TALL AS THE MOUNTAINS IT WAS NAMED FOR, WITH LEGS THE SIZE OF LARGE TREES AND ARMS RESEMBLING SLIGHTLY SMALLER ONES. ITS SUNKEN EYES, THOUGH SHOWING LITTLE INTELLIGENCE, REVEAL UNRESTRAINED HOSTILITY TOWARDS ANYTHING THAT MAY BE CONSIDERED FOOD, NO MATTER THE SIZE!"

So yeah. I didn't have much of a military (this was in maybe the second year of my fort) and I did what any sensible person would do: panic, pull all my drawbridges up, and wait. Oh, and start making crossbows. Lots and lots of crossbows.

I had those buggy traders on my map (maybe 5 of the stupid things) that appear with migrants and block the flow of migrants sitting out there, and I gleefully thought "Oh, they're gonna die!" but Riita never attacked them. Eventually I checked my units screen and saw she was friendly and cautiously lowered a drawbridge. She walked right in, and has been perched in my living quarters ever since.

I happened to check the Frost Giant Civilization and she is listed as a leader of the frost giants (there is one warlord--not her, and a titan which is her). She's been chilling out for the past 3 or so years my fort has been running. Doesn't do anything, doesn't say anything. Just stands there in the same spot.

I have no idea what will happen when the frost giants start ambushing my dwarves or if they will with their leader camped out in my fort.

It's so friggin' weird.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 03:30:18 am »

Welcome to Dwarf fortress *insert witty (dwarfy) picture here as a guide*