Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Domesticating EVERYTHING: possible or no?  (Read 1133 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Domesticating EVERYTHING: possible or no?
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:54 am »

If, say, I start a fort in a Joyous Wilds forest biome, and then domesticate everything that biome has to offer, then abandoned that fort and started a new one in an Untamed Wilds desert, would I be able to purchase from the mountainhome the species I'd previously domesticated in the prior fort? Would I have to have sold them members of said species? Or is this just not possible and all I'd get to show for it is a full list of "Domesticated" in the animal training experience screen?
くコ:彡

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Domesticating EVERYTHING: possible or no?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:07:50 am »

No. Currently no species become domesticated.
Probably Toady fixes this with his next version history stuff.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:15 am »

I'm confused. If no new animals become domesticated for your culture, what is happening when your liaison arrives, meets with you, and leaves with knowledge of the creature you tamed, increasing your civ's knowledge of them?

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:18 am »

It supposedly makes training them in future fortresses easier. I would love to see total domestication to the point you can order the creatures from the embark menu possible at which point I would mod all the domestic creatures into wild ones and try to control a single civ throughout the history of the world and get them access to everything.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."