Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 3.0.0  (Read 58326 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 2.0.0
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »

The first three are exactly what they say they are in your error log, you tried to use 3 different tokens which aren't valid in a material definition, just like it says.  The wiki (search "material definition token") has an exhaustive list of the valid tokens.  You actually want STATE_NAME, STATE_NAME_ADJ, and DISPLAY_COLOR but look up the syntax and/or copy from a working material.

The rest of the errors, and the broken materials in the world, are because you have duplicated raws.  You probably left an extra copy of (at least 3) whole files in the same directory.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:50:50 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »

The first three are exactly what they say they are in your error log, you tried to use 3 different tokens which aren't valid in a material definition, just like it says.  The wiki (search "material definition token") has an exhaustive list of the valid tokens.  You actually want STATE_NAME, STATE_NAME_ADJ, and DISPLAY_COLOR but look up the syntax and/or copy from a working material.

On closer inspection you do actually have the correct tags a couple lines under the wrong tags, so to fix the cupronickel you just have to delete the 3 tokens that the error log is telling you are broken.  NAME , ADJ, and COLOR.

You also have at least one other copypaste error, where you define SPEC_HEAT and MATERIAL_VALUE and then overwrite them a few lines later.  That won't crash or anything, but I don't know which values you intended.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 04:40:42 pm »

Yes, already solved it, what messed up my install were the backup files i kept inside my folder, i removed the duplicated tags, they weren't really causing any troubles, but just to make sure it was all tidy.

Thanks for all the help.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:29 pm »

Whelp, I'm playing again and working on 2.1.0. 

Main problem right now is I'm experiencing an abnormal amount of crashes so I haven't gotten to test bonemeal -> limestone much. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:25 am »

Hrm, so this is 40.01 eh?
Dang, PTW & welcome back Evaris!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:41 am »

Hrm, so this is 40.01 eh?
Dang, PTW & welcome back Evaris!

You can patch v2.0.0 to 40.24 without issue, the RAWs weren't an issue in my experience. 

2.1.0 has stability issues for me though, but it -might- be my computer as I've had significantly less crashes on less resource intensive worlds while having nothing but DF running. 

Still doing more testing though..

Oh and bonemeal -> lime is working. 

Also, I've transitioned to Phoebus given the lack of updates in Obsidian.   
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2015, 09:55:16 am »

..don't suppose you could point me in the direction to learn about patching it up?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:21 am »

..don't suppose you could point me in the direction to learn about patching it up?

first off, 2.0.0 was in the end already patched for 0.40.19

And .24 didn't change any raws to my knoweldge.

so you should be able to just copy+paste Orichalcum 2.0.0 without issue.  But there are various patch utilities out there to merge files. 

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »

Good news!

It appears my crashing is unrelated to the mod, but instead to DFhack.

Currently trying to think of something else to add to make the wait for 2.1.0 worthwhile, but it shouldn't be too long till I can release it.

Edit:  It does seem that I forgot to update the old raws with geldability for animals.

whelp, that's a problem that will need to be fixed. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:07:01 pm by Evaris »

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2015, 07:46:13 pm »

When going to install this mod, a number of files in the vanilla game are trying to be overwritten with smaller files / older files from the mod; should I just ignore that and go ahead, or are parts of DF 40.24 deleted by Orichalcum?

And I feel stupid for asking this, but will this mod work fine with the base ASCII graphics?

Thanks~
The silver is responsible for this How?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:29 pm »

When going to install this mod, a number of files in the vanilla game are trying to be overwritten with smaller files / older files from the mod; should I just ignore that and go ahead, or are parts of DF 40.24 deleted by Orichalcum?

And I feel stupid for asking this, but will this mod work fine with the base ASCII graphics?

Thanks~

It's older since orichalcum 2.0 is based on 40.19, not 40.24.  However, the only thing missing in the RAWs is gelding, to my knowledge. (Though I will double check this before 2.1.0 releases.)

As for ASCII... No clue to be honest, I've never tried it without a tileset. 

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:21 am »

Update, with gelding for cats and dogs, bonemeal to flux is in.

Going to consider this something of a beta release as I'm going through the files to add in gelding tomorrow, while continuing to try to think of what to add next, since there's very little change for an update, aside from moving to Phoebus, the formentioned bonemeal, and the beginnings of geldability.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8602

Have fun, ideas would be wonderful. 

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 2.1.0
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2015, 01:34:54 pm »

How do you gather the Peat to turn it into Peat Bricks?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2015, 02:00:12 pm »

How do you gather the Peat to turn it into Peat Bricks?

Collect it as clay

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »

I modified some of the files a little before implementing it, so this may be due to my tinkering, but I noticed two odd things:

1. The 'make coke out of peat bricks' reaction used stone bricks of any variety in my fortress.
2. At embark and when talking with an outpost liason, two new items are available for trade / purchase:
MISCELLANEOUS contains 'metal bars'
POWDERS contains 'sand'

Have you experienced these?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11