Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 3.0.0  (Read 57914 times)

iru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 2.0.0
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:21 pm »

This is exactly the kind of mod I've been looking for: just sensible additions. However, I'm not bothering with DF2014 until DFHack supports it, so does anyone still have v.1.2.1 of this mod (the last supporting DF2012) handy for me to try in the mean time? There doesn't seem to be any way to download old versions from DFFD. Thanks in advance.

I second this, just selectively using files of the 'wrong' version didn't work for me, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could make v1.2.1 available somewhere.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 09:00:32 pm »

My gosh!  This looks awesome!  I particularly love that you implemented nethercap pykrete.

Thanks for making this.  :-)

fasquardon

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:44 am »

On grinding boulders some rock contains significant trace elements, would it be possible to implement a way to get a small chance to have any ore in the game as a product?

Edit: oh and grinding bones to bone meal for flux would be cool too..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:56:13 am by Manzeenan »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 01:56:25 am »

On grinding boulders some rock contains significant trace elements, would it be possible to implement a way to get a small chance to have any ore in the game as a product?

I'm hesitant to make it easier to access ore, but I might consider say, a 1-5% chance.  Maybe. I'm not sure on that one, you'll have to sell me on that point given you're grinding boulders for sand in the first place.

As for bones to bonemeal, that is something I may well do.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

I'm hesitant to make it easier to access ore, but I might consider say, a 1-5% chance.  Maybe. I'm not sure on that one, you'll have to sell me on that point given you're grinding boulders for sand in the first place.

Edit: i agree with that getting much higher than 5% would be overpowered
Edit2: sorry for noobish posting skills
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:10:34 pm by Manzeenan »

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:46 pm »

The sand is the main product while a small chance for a random ore as a byproduct, many metals come as byproducts such as silver in tetrahedrite (or vise versa) or lead as a massive byproduct when extracting silver from galena, there are byproducts in almost every mineral processing, one alternative is you could make byproduct dusts to be compressed into blocks like the iron sand idea, so infinite* random ores for
those with the patience time and fuel

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »

The sand is the main product while a small chance for a random ore as a byproduct, many metals come as byproducts such as silver in tetrahedrite (or vise versa) or lead as a massive byproduct when extracting silver from galena, there are byproducts in almost every mineral processing, one alternative is you could make byproduct dusts to be compressed into blocks like the iron sand idea, so infinite* random ores for

I understand the idea and all. 

I'm also thinking of adding sharp wooden spears for, you know, spears. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »

I understand the idea and all. 

I'm also thinking of adding sharp wooden spears for, you know, spears.
Makes sense if only effective against unarmored opponents, are these spears going to be fire hardened or is that implied

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »

do ironwood training swords function the same as iron shortswords?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 04:05:23 pm »

do ironwood training swords function the same as iron shortswords?

No, all "training" weapons are blunt.  They lack edge attacks.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 12:23:38 am »

so how does ironwood take an edge?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:53 am »

so how does ironwood take an edge?

Elf magic.  At least, that's how elves give any sort of wood an edge, according to the lore.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »

Greetings, is there a mirror for the 1.2.1 update?

If not, does the 2.0.0 update work with FD 34.11?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2014, 09:47:32 am »

Greetings, is there a mirror for the 1.2.1 update?

If not, does the 2.0.0 update work with FD 34.11?

Unfortunately 1.2.1 is not mirrored, and I do not have a copy as the hard drive I kept a copy of it on kind of died. 

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2014, 11:20:23 am »

Unfortunately 1.2.1 is not mirrored, and I do not have a copy as the hard drive I kept a copy of it on kind of died.
Well, just leave the drive near a necromancer's tower.  You probably still won't be able to read the data, but at least it will try to bite your face off.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11