Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 3.0.0  (Read 57899 times)

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress v 2.0.0
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2014, 11:24:04 am »

Greetings, is there a mirror for the 1.2.1 update?

If not, does the 2.0.0 update work with FD 34.11?

Unfortunately 1.2.1 is not mirrored, and I do not have a copy as the hard drive I kept a copy of it on kind of died.

Well that sucks, can anyone kind enough possessing a copy of the 1.2.1 version mirror it somewhere? I do really want to play with this mod, but 40.13 runs too slow on my computer, can't even get a fortress past year 3 and have more than 20 fps...

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 02:56:39 pm »

I have found a bug with clubs. You have duplicated the ATTACK:BLUNT, so any attack "6000" the enemy and passes straight through.  ;D
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 12:49:29 am »

I have found a bug with clubs. You have duplicated the ATTACK:BLUNT, so any attack "6000" the enemy and passes straight through.  ;D

Alright then, i'll take care of that soon.

I've started actually playing DF again, so you can expect at least some updates, such as the bone meal bit earlier. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2015, 01:31:21 pm »

Any updates coming up?

Also, is this compatible with 40.19?

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2015, 06:32:23 pm »

Any updates coming up?

Also, is this compatible with 40.19?

Still wanting to add more content before updating a new version, but yes, an update is coming.

And it is compatible with 40.19, it is what I'm running right now.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2015, 02:33:43 pm »

I'm having trouble with the new armors, no matter how many times i make a world, my dwarven civilization doesn't know how to craft certain pieces, sometimes it's great helms, other times it's double chain mails and so on... How can i solve this? I want my dwarves to be able to craft ALL the armor stuff you added.

Also, is uranium better than silver/platinum for blunt weapons?

EDIT: Well i just added the tag FORCED to each armor piece you added in my entity_default.txt and it seemed to work, still don't know if uranium is the superior material for blunt weapons though.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:21:00 pm by gopp »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2015, 12:35:15 am »

I'm having trouble with the new armors, no matter how many times i make a world, my dwarven civilization doesn't know how to craft certain pieces, sometimes it's great helms, other times it's double chain mails and so on... How can i solve this? I want my dwarves to be able to craft ALL the armor stuff you added.

Also, is uranium better than silver/platinum for blunt weapons?

EDIT: Well i just added the tag FORCED to each armor piece you added in my entity_default.txt and it seemed to work, still don't know if uranium is the superior material for blunt weapons though.

Uranium is superior for blunt weapons in my testing compared to silver and platinum. But yeah, dwarves are weird in the state, was not aware of FORCED being something you could do, with that I'll have to add it in for the next release, among other things.

Hrv123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2015, 08:55:40 am »

Stupid Q, what version of DF is this and do it have working DFhack and Dwarftherapist???

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2015, 11:36:27 am »

Stupid Q, what version of DF is this and do it have working DFhack and Dwarftherapist???

DF 2014 (any subversion is fine)

And this mod only has you're RAWs change, so no, you'll need to have them downloaded separately or start with LNP, then just write over the RAWs via copy + paste.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »

Oh yes also, how do i make coke out of peat?

Every time i try to make bricks outta peat in a kiln i get earthenware bricks, and i need "peat peat bricks" to make coke.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2015, 07:00:27 pm »

Oh yes also, how do i make coke out of peat?

Every time i try to make bricks outta peat in a kiln i get earthenware bricks, and i need "peat peat bricks" to make coke.

Collect the peat from the kiln, but you make peat bricks at a screw press after that step. 

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »

alright, thanks

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:35 am »

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to remove some features i don't really like or won't used and instert those i like/use (anthracite, useable cobalt, useable peat and cupronickel) but failed to do so, i modified the entity_default, inorganic_metal, inorganic_stone_mineral and reaction_smelter, sorta just copypasting the raws about the stuff i said before, but i always en up with world corruption when generating a new world.

Am i missing something here? Maybe i missed stuff to copy from another raw? When using the "prospect all" script from dfhack i get a bunch of corrupted stuff like "vile something" vein and the surface soil turns into stone and soil veins.

EDIT: to give you an example of what i'm doing, i'm trying to mod in just cupronickel, adding this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To entity_default.txt under mountain.

Adding this:

Into inorganic_metal.txt

And adding this:

Into reaction_smelter.txt

Yet all of this breaks my world gen, and when using prospect all like i said before, i get a buncha corrupted stuff. What am i missing?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:53:43 am by gopp »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 01:54:30 am »

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to remove some features i don't really like or won't used and instert those i like/use (anthracite, useable cobalt, useable peat and cupronickel) but failed to do so, i modified the entity_default, inorganic_metal, inorganic_stone_mineral and reaction_smelter, sorta just copypasting the raws about the stuff i said before, but i always en up with world corruption when generating a new world.

Am i missing something here? Maybe i missed stuff to copy from another raw? When using the "prospect all" script from dfhack i get a bunch of corrupted stuff like "vile something" vein and the surface soil turns into stone and soil veins.

EDIT: to give you an example of what i'm doing, i'm trying to mod in just cupronickel, adding this:

To entity_default.txt under mountain.

Adding this:

Into inorganic_metal.txt

And adding this:

Into reaction_smelter.txt

Yet all of this breaks my world gen, and when using prospect all like i said before, i get a buncha corrupted stuff. What am i missing?

Honestly I'm not sure what exactly is up - you might have deleted something else by accident, but those files seem fine on their own.  Also you'll want to double check inorganic stone soil.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2015, 12:27:58 pm »

inorganic_soild lies unmodified, i haven't touched it ever since i tried to mod the peat fuel. And i just deleted the faulty one and replaced with a clean one afterwards.

The only stuff i removed from the orichalcum raws are

Because i'm neither adding the guns nor the beds, and i honestly think removing that doesn't break anything.

Just in case, i'm using 40.23, is the mod as a whole compatible with that version, right? Gotta double check.

This is one of the error logs i got when tried to mod the stuff in:

And as i said before, when i mod this little thing in, soil gets changed into veins and some weird crap gets changed into soil like "never-still cloth" and so on.

EDIT: Would you mind if i take this discussion about your mod to the DF modding forum? The more responses, the merrier.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:44:04 pm by gopp »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11