Poll

Are you enjoying the LP(s)?

Yes, it is candy to my eyeballs.
- 1 (100%)
Boo.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Let's Play - Tactics Ogre [GBA] AND Castlevania: Circle of the Moon  (Read 8980 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Alright suckas! We'll be playing via YouTube!
Got a good few choices here, stranger:

Native PC Games
X-COM UFO Defence - You know what this is. Never completed a playthrough to this day, highest difficulty I've played is Veteran.
Playthrough 1 Playlist

X-COM TFtD - Cha. Right. Too hard. And it's straight given that you buttheads will pick Superhuman.
Playthrough 1 Playlist

Machinarium - A very pretty, modern point and click adventure. Very impressive game and very cute main character who is a little babby robutt who can stretch his little babby robutt limbs. So amaze. Much <3.

Lone Survivor - 8-bit horror game. Absolutely terrifying. Emergent gameplay and lots of checking maps. The game is a throwback to early Silent Hill games.

Creeper World 3 - A sci-fi strategy game where you use advanced technology to hold back the unstoppable lifeform known as The Creeper. Millennia have passed since the creeper first appeared, and by now all human life has been eradicated from the galaxy. Empires rose and fell, humankind grew stronger with each million years, but it was never enough to stop the creeper. Now only a single human is left after a 5 billion year sleep to try and rid the universe of the monstrosity. How could he possibly succeed..?

DS Games
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Point and..tap? It's on a DS so I can't click. D-: It's a riddle game. Fairly challenging. Pick if you want to watch me squirm beneath the weight of the puzzles! Probably boring without commentary, so I'll use text overlay to tell you how confused I am at any given moment.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - Second instalment to the PL series.

Professor Layton and the Last Specter - Third instalment of the PL series.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Gameboy Games
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - Love Fire Emblem. Beat the first one though I had to cheat like an ass on the final boss. Have been saving this one for later. :3

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis - IN PROGRESS
Playlist

Zelda: A Link to the Past - Don't even think I beat the prologue. I can't make any progress on this.

Zelda: The Minish Cap - Beat the first dungeon, then got stuck as fuck. These Zelda top-downs kick my ass.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - IN PROGRESS
Playlist

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:44:22 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: :D
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:39 am »

Tactics ooogggreeee.

Though it's worth noting the original SNES Tactics Ogre game, or the PSX or PSP remakes, are probably better than the GBA game (The PSP one in particular seems to be a bit of a culmination of the game. Definite improvement, imo.). GBA one's still fairly solid, but it's definitely different. Also a bit smaller and more contained, though, which might be a better thing for a LP...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:13:28 am »

Tactics Ogre is best ogre.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:16:22 am »

I'm going to vote for GB, as well because of Tactics Ogre. I felt like it would be pretty "Let's Play"-able when I had played it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:20:47 am »

Did anyone ever beat any Zelda topdown without using a wiki? It's damned well impossible I say! D:

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:32 am »

Did anyone ever beat any Zelda topdown without using a wiki? It's damned well impossible I say! D:
Not when you have too much time on your hands and no internet. But it is pretty darn frustrating.

I'm voting A Link to the Past, simply because I lost my copy a few months ago and really wanna play it again. The next best thing is watching someone else play.
Take a closer look at this text!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:42 am »

I almost beat Minish Cap without a guide, I think. I wasn't man enough for the boss, so I technically didn't complete it...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:24:38 am »

Eeeehhhh... it's great. It really is. But... I have to admit. I like Ogre Battle better. It's just... its battle system is my favorite thing ever, that basically bloody nobody has bothered to copy or improve upon over the years. Both the SNES(/PSX, I guess) and the N64 ones were wonderful. I really wish someone would get around to translating that one that never made it over here. Was on... some handheld system or another.

They didn't have wikis when I beat LttP for the first time :P On the actual SNES. It took a while.

Or link's awakening. I think they may have had them by the time I got around to playing the seasons ones (gamefaqs was definitely around by that point, at least), but don't remember if I availed myself or not. Can't recall how far I got through minish cap, though... have played it, but it was a while back.
Ask not!
Ask!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 03:35:08 am »

Eeeehhhh... it's great. It really is. But... I have to admit. I like Ogre Battle better. It's just... its battle system is my favorite thing ever, that basically bloody nobody has bothered to copy or improve upon over the years. Both the SNES(/PSX, I guess) and the N64 ones were wonderful. I really wish someone would get around to translating that one that never made it over here. Was on... some handheld system or another.

They didn't have wikis when I beat LttP for the first time :P On the actual SNES. It took a while.
I was entirely joking when I said that. :3 FFT is the greatest isometric RPG of all tizzime.

One of my brothers and I went back and forth on our gameboy for a whole week on the first Zelda gameboy game. Never got past the second or third dungeon.

---

Gosh dang it to heck of course everyone votes dah gameboyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 03:41:27 am »

Jeez... awakening wasn't that hard... was it? It had a few parts that were pretty nasty, but it overall wasn't that bad, from what I recall.
Ask not!
Ask!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 03:44:09 am »

Okay, maybe it was just a five hour car ride..

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 03:48:17 am »

Jeez... awakening wasn't that hard... was it? It had a few parts that were pretty nasty, but it overall wasn't that bad, from what I recall.
I remember giving up on that one puzzle in Bottle Grotto, where you have to kill the enemies in a specific order. I think I only got it by chance when I went back to it a year or so later.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 03:51:47 am »

Spoiler: Bottle Grotto (click to show/hide)

Hm. Seems familiar.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:24 am »

I think Tactics Ogre could be fun, even though I don't really know what it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 06:45:52 am »

Hooray Tactics Ogre with the convoluted game mechanics concerning unlocking endings and stuff!

I'd recommend the SNES version though, but if GBA it is, then GBA it is.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7