Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today  (Read 16324 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

Every now and then, you are waiting for something eagerly, being almost at the edge or at least midly excited, and when it eventually comes...It turns to be crap.

And you end up being disappointed.
Like, Hercules level of disappointed.

Have you been DISAPPOINTED by something today?
Well, probably not a bad idea to share it, I suppose?

...Though I'm not sure if this falls under the category of RAAAAAGE/sad/WTF?, but you don't have to be exactly angry or sad or confused when you're DISAPPOINTED.

(As is the case with emotional threads, PLEASE don't post anything that may be considered offensive, not-disappointing or otherwise inappropriate for the thread. Thank you very much.)

==================================

Starting off with me kinda-ranting about Awesomenauts.

See, there's this relatively-recent thing on their website called Voltar's Vault (of Omniscient Revelations), which in short is a place for them to post updates about the upcoming patch, with each new version of the Vault covering a different patch (in this case 2.5).
And they don't update it exactly regularly.

The previous update was on May 21, which was them announcing a livestream showcasing something uber awesome about the patch. It happened two days later and showcased a new character and some smaller things. That was 13 days ago (the announcement, not the stream). The beta for the patch launched soon after the stream and everyone who bought beta access could play that character.

You would think that after such a long period of waiting (and sometimes new updates come multiple times per day, mostly in the case of those blurry sneak peeks though) they would reveal something awesome...What did they come up with?
Revealing the character and one of his skills. Both of which everyone knew about for well over a week.

I understand they needed to post those up anyway to keep the Vault consistent, but after such a long period of waiting you would have expected something a BIT less DISAPPOINTING.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:47:07 pm »

What disappointed me today was my exam. It had questions like "What is an avalanche" and "Identify three aspects of this lower course"
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »

I realized that I do not have any root beer. So much disappointment.
Take a closer look at this text!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 02:24:42 pm »

"Oh, we're not hiring, but come and check in later!"

"No, we're not hiring, do you want an application?"

"Oh, you have to be 21 to work here, sorry."

"We're full as it is, but do you want an application?"

*sigh...*

"Oh, we're hiring! Here's an application, we'll call you if we wish to continue."

:D

A month later...  >:(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:27:19 pm by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:59 pm »

Is that even legal?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:30:33 pm »

Is that even legal?

I'm pretty sure that there are certain kinds of places that require it (maybe bars in some states? I know that their age limit is at least 18 from what I've heard in my state).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 09:39:03 pm »

Legally, age discrimination only exists in the discriminated party is over 40
(As per ADEA of the US legal code)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:16:29 am »

A specimen of bad design in the wild: Livemocha requires you to enter and confirm your email when signing up for an account, but only enter your password once.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:10:49 am »

One time, I spent an entire day looking forward to eating a leftover barbecued cheese sausage. When my anticipation was at its peak, I went to get it from the fridge only to find that someone else had eaten it.

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe the maelstrom of emotions that overtook me.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 07:58:42 pm »

Packed my stuff. Went to my dad's.

Discover that even though I brought my desktop and monitor, I did not bring the cables to hook them up.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 06:38:27 pm »

Saw GTA4 Complete on sale via steam for 6 yuro.
Decided its a good price for me to finally see how the series changed after San Andreas.
After a loooong download and some messing around with secu-rom i finally get the game to work... after saying no to several social network wannabes i get into the game... or the tutorial to be more exact.
15 minutes later i'm ready to save and start playing the game for real!

You have a windows live account to save.
As i have been affected by a massive password leak earlier (after whitch i decided to delete my WinLive account) i just can't be arsed to register there again.
6 yuro well spent!
At least hopefully they will let me save the game once WinLive is closed completely.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »

Spain lost.
Fuck.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 07:05:04 pm »

Walked over to the Mexican restaurant down the street to get a burrito, only to remember that they don't open for another hour.
I was tempted to get something else instead, but well... I haven't eaten there in a while
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 07:20:23 pm »

This thread.

To be serious, I'm rather disappointed in myself for having slept until half an hour past noon today (kinda wanted a morning today). At least I got a good half-day rest, given my recent dentist appointment; so at least it's not a total loss. Still trying to recall my dreams during that time for the dream thread. So far, kinda disappointed I can't recall anything yet. That's quite a bit of sleep I lost memory of.

EDIT:
All I can remember is that that same girl (and maybe the others along with her) was in there, and kept me company during my recovery. As far as I can tell, we were mostly BS'ing and chilling out in all sorts of unusual places, and doing random crap with reality warping and such. Kinda like a shared server in GMOD, with locations and such based on experience. They provided some interesting stuff from their world/realm; music I never heard, food and drink not native to our world, and so forth. Good taste in stuff too, despite the exotic (relatively speaking, on my/our end) nature of the stuff. For being alien/off-worlders, they're really not too different from us. Hell, if I'm clairvoyant to any degree, regarding any dreaming, I wouldn't be too surprised that if I do meet any aliens of these sorts, we'll just grab some booze, and BS the night away; and given they're female in this case, maybe see about going out for a more personal adventure.

In that case, however, the disappointment is that the dream is just that... utter crap.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:14:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

Tator tot won't let me use the laptop. :(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11