Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today  (Read 16288 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »

Two rather cruddy Steam games I've tried in a row, that I'll probably end up getting refunds for.
One of them, I'm really not sure what I was thinking when I bought it. I guess I couldn't see/hear the clunkiness/awkward silences whilst watching the trailer. The other one actually looked pretty decent, though!

Both seem to have far more positive reviews than I would have expected. :-\

...I am also deeply Disappointed in myself for shamelessly necro'ing this.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2017, 03:52:19 pm »

There's a few metal covers of Holding Out For A Hero, one of my favorite songs of all time that could totally be my favorite metal song of all time too. They all unfortunately don't live up to my (really nitpicky) standards. They're all totally listenable but none of them match the original in intensity and feeling. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »

Two rather cruddy Steam games I've tried in a row, that I'll probably end up getting refunds for.
At least Moon Hunters has turned out to be really good from the brief look I've taken so far!
Seems so much better than I expected... honestly, that soundtrack is beautiful enough that it's probably worth the price of admission on its own. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2017, 01:22:16 am »

I used to think that the song "Nehanshika" by Deino3330 must be really deep, based on a translation that used to be the most common one (it's the first section, I couldn't find a better source). Now however a new translation has come out, which totally contradicts the earlier one and reveals the lyrics to be broken Buddhist prayers, anime and pop culture references, and nonsense. The line that was "random consonants grouped together" in the earlier translation literally is random Japanese characters.

Not being a Japanese-speaker of any description, I have no idea which one is more accurate and can't translate the song for myself. :(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:23:53 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2017, 05:01:33 am »

The wonderful vegan bakery down the road was closed, after I gathered up all of my coins and trekked down there in the hopes of acquiring one of the amazing, amazing mushroom pies and a loaf of bread, and I wound up going to some other bakery further on and getting bread there, along with a thoroughly mediocre vegetable pastie instead of the mind-blowing pie experience I had planned on. :(   

I guess the place is closed on Saturdays. I couldn't see any opening hours for Saturday on the window... maybe they simply decided not to mention on the sign. Odd that they apparently open on Sunday (at least 'til 4 pm), but not on Saturday. Curious. I should have checked first.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2017, 02:09:05 pm »

Odd that they apparently open on Sunday (at least 'til 4 pm), but not on Saturday. Curious. I should have checked first.   
There's a Costa Rican restaurant (that's freakin' amazing) where I live that's open on Sundays, but not Saturdays, as well. It is very odd.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2017, 03:00:20 pm »

Maybe they're Hasidic Jews?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »

I almost witnessed my first bar-room brawl today.
Keyword is almost.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2017, 12:56:48 pm »

Did you scream and run away?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2018, 05:19:51 am »

Comic I borrowed from the library has awesome art and aesthetics, but rubbishy writing and whiny, douchetacular characters.

If I remember correctly I just stood there, eagerly watching to see if a proper punch-on would actually occur. Unfortunately not - I think the publican intervened.
Probably wouldn't have been much of a brawl anyway, the place was almost empty and one party was far more physically intimidating than the other.
Would have still been entertaining to see him pulp that other twerp, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2018, 06:41:42 am »

You do appear to have been so traumatized by the event that it took you a year to reply, though :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2018, 05:46:35 am »

Comic I borrowed from the library has awesome art and aesthetics, but rubbishy writing and whiny, douchetacular characters.

If I remember correctly I just stood there, eagerly watching to see if a proper punch-on would actually occur. Unfortunately not - I think the publican intervened.
Probably wouldn't have been much of a brawl anyway, the place was almost empty and one party was far more physically intimidating than the other.
Would have still been entertaining to see him pulp that other twerp, though!

I saw a barroom brawl once.

I was the chef in an open walled kitchen. At the back, there was pool, a jukebox, and other more electronic games. Two large groups of drunks were back there, 3 to 4 each. Something happened and two medium sized guys started pushing each other. One tripped over our Death Step (random step 4noraisin) and fell into a small candy machine. As he did, the other guy performed an Olympic class, perfect form kick to the face. Fell guy jumped up and they all started brawling. One lady was whaling on a guy with her pool stick, fell guy stumbled into the kitchen wall and turned to glare at me murderously, right over our rack of knives.

So I snatched the entire rack and threw them in the freezer and sat on it. He went back to their fight, then cops came.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 07:23:23 am »

I saw a barroom brawl once.

I was the chef in an open walled kitchen. At the back, there was pool, a jukebox, and other more electronic games. Two large groups of drunks were back there, 3 to 4 each. Something happened and two medium sized guys started pushing each other. One tripped over our Death Step (random step 4noraisin) and fell into a small candy machine. As he did, the other guy performed an Olympic class, perfect form kick to the face. Fell guy jumped up and they all started brawling. One lady was whaling on a guy with her pool stick, fell guy stumbled into the kitchen wall and turned to glare at me murderously, right over our rack of knives.

So I snatched the entire rack and threw them in the freezer and sat on it. He went back to their fight, then cops came.
You absolute fucking legend, you probably saved some lives that night

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 07:31:01 am »

My boss was pissed cuz I ripped the rack out of the drywall and she made me repair but yeah I felt pretty good about the whole "no one got stabbed" thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11