Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today  (Read 16289 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2018, 10:45:39 am »

Life
*points to the "today" part of the title*

That is a disappointment every day! You'll have to be more specific, chum.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:06 am »

I'm really disappointed that I don't have any disappointments to express today. Contentment sucks!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »

Got results of bloodwork today.  I am happy that there are no horrible you are going to die in 2 weeks things.  But I apparently need to cut bread out of my diet, as my cholesterol is completely out of whack.  So I skipped my celebratory 'good news' McDonalds trip after a doctor's visit, so disappointing.

I instead bought a frozen pizza at the store when I was checking my work schedule...  But it's thin crust, that helps right?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:38:36 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2018, 05:07:49 pm »

Got results of bloodwork today.  I am happy that there are no horrible you are going to die in 2 weeks things.  But I apparently need to cut bread out of my diet, as my cholesterol is completely out of whack.  So I skipped my celebratory 'good news' McDonalds trip after a doctor's visit, so disappointing.

I instead bought a frozen pizza at the store when I was checking my work schedule...  But it's thin crust, that helps right?

Yeah it helps a little. No bread is apparently better but. Ya know. QoL too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2018, 12:56:34 am »

You can make pizza crust alternatives out of mozzerella, too.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2018, 01:05:58 am »

LMAO that'll help his cholesterol fo' sho!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2018, 04:24:24 pm »

That does not even sound good.  There is such a thing as too much cheese.  Heresy I know. :P

A friend dragged me to burger king.  Still in my 'slightly healthier' kick I ordered a chicken sandwich instead of a burger, without the mayo because I hate mayo anyway and it's an easy way to make it healthier.  While it was not as good as a burger,(and was thus disappointing at the time) looking up the nutritional info that turned out to be 'almost' healthy, relatively low in cholesterol, and still reasonably good.  I might be able to pull this off long term after all.

...nah probably not.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »

That does not even sound good.  There is such a thing as too much cheese.  Heresy I know. :P

A friend dragged me to burger king.  Still in my 'slightly healthier' kick I ordered a chicken sandwich instead of a burger, without the mayo because I hate mayo anyway and it's an easy way to make it healthier.  While it was not as good as a burger,(and was thus disappointing at the time) looking up the nutritional info that turned out to be 'almost' healthy, relatively low in cholesterol, and still reasonably good.  I might be able to pull this off long term after all.

...nah probably not.

Mate, wake up in the morning with a smoked kipper or mackerel on a bed of lettuce, or some have salmon for dinner, chunked and rolled up in raw spinach leaves.  Fish is delicious, easy/quick to cook and good for you, and it'll drive your cholesterol down.  People whinge that healthy, easy and tasty foods is rare, but it's literally swimming all around us.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »

And it literally grows on trees

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2018, 08:19:19 pm »

...nah probably not.

Mate, wake up in the morning with a smoked kipper or mackerel on a bed of lettuce, or some have salmon for dinner, chunked and rolled up in raw spinach leaves.  Fish is delicious, easy/quick to cook and good for you, and it'll drive your cholesterol down.  People whinge that healthy, easy and tasty foods is rare, but it's literally swimming all around us.
I mean, assuming you don't mind mercury build up

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2018, 10:30:35 pm »

...nah probably not.

I mean, assuming you don't mind mercury build up
What is life without the risk of being poisoned by the greed of men?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2018, 04:48:37 am »

Bread? Cholesterol? How many breads does your chicken lay in the morning?

On a similar note, I'm disappointed that my breakfast cereal options are basically either "40% sugar by volume" or "dry flavorless grains: now with extra boredom". Additionally, the dry flavorless grains option is generally supposed to be made more appealing by a flavored milk of some kind, like one of the probiotic cultured milks... except there again, the selection is between "a spoonful of sugar helps the sweetener go down" and "freshly fermented from the teat of an incredibly misanthropic cow". And of course I just read the bit about how recent studies aren't showing a whole lot of good from probiotics, so there's that.

The reason I'm looking at cereals as opposed to bacon and thyme omelets is because cereal is the least labor-intensive option and thus actually stands a chance of being eaten in the morning... A mediocre meal is better than no meal at all.

And for anyone scoffing at cheese-bottomed pizza, let me just say that my girlfriend recently went through a keto diet weightloss period. She made a lasagna that substituted cabbage for the lasagna sheets.

Cabbage.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:29 am »

That sounds monstrous.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2018, 11:04:31 pm »

Kagus, carbohydrate intake can affect your cholesterol levels. Small note. Also, in defense of cheese crust: it doesn't taste like cheese, as mozz is pretty mild, and it's just like a greasier thin crust. :3

I am very leery of the lasagna cabbage deal, me and the fiance will likely never try that one.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2018, 12:22:00 am »

I mean, I'm all for inventive substitutes for food items, and I actually quite like cabbage, but... why would you swap out the pasta for it?!
What did pasta ever do to you?? :( Carbs are your friend, people.

Edit: oh yeah, and I somehow managed to sleep through all three of the alarms I had set today. Unless they just didn't fire somehow?
Doesn't really matter since I didn't have plans for today apart from maybe reading a book and making a start on a certain art-ish project I've been planning, but still. The phone was right by my bed and everything. I guess this could just as easily fit the WTF thread...   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:23:41 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11