Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today  (Read 16322 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2018, 12:57:51 am »

If it's anything like me when I set my alarms expect them to go off exactly 12 hours from the point you meant to set them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2018, 01:03:16 am »

This is why you use 24-hour clocks for alarm setting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2018, 02:29:35 am »

Bread? Cholesterol? How many breads does your chicken lay in the morning?

On a similar note, I'm disappointed that my breakfast cereal options are basically either "40% sugar by volume" or "dry flavorless grains: now with extra boredom". Additionally, the dry flavorless grains option is generally supposed to be made more appealing by a flavored milk of some kind, like one of the probiotic cultured milks... except there again, the selection is between "a spoonful of sugar helps the sweetener go down" and "freshly fermented from the teat of an incredibly misanthropic cow". And of course I just read the bit about how recent studies aren't showing a whole lot of good from probiotics, so there's that.

The reason I'm looking at cereals as opposed to bacon and thyme omelets is because cereal is the least labor-intensive option and thus actually stands a chance of being eaten in the morning... A mediocre meal is better than no meal at all.

Go full müsli. Never look back. The only reason you think ordinary cereal is bland is that you are used to and desensitized by the hyper sugarized ones. Lowering your sugar intake will make you more sensitive to sweetness again.

Also filmjölk is your friend. Don't you dare say anything bad about it.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2018, 03:53:20 am »

Bread? Cholesterol? How many breads does your chicken lay in the morning?

On a similar note, I'm disappointed that my breakfast cereal options are basically either "40% sugar by volume" or "dry flavorless grains: now with extra boredom". Additionally, the dry flavorless grains option is generally supposed to be made more appealing by a flavored milk of some kind, like one of the probiotic cultured milks... except there again, the selection is between "a spoonful of sugar helps the sweetener go down" and "freshly fermented from the teat of an incredibly misanthropic cow". And of course I just read the bit about how recent studies aren't showing a whole lot of good from probiotics, so there's that.

The reason I'm looking at cereals as opposed to bacon and thyme omelets is because cereal is the least labor-intensive option and thus actually stands a chance of being eaten in the morning... A mediocre meal is better than no meal at all.

Go full müsli. Never look back. The only reason you think ordinary cereal is bland is that you are used to and desensitized by the hyper sugarized ones. Lowering your sugar intake will make you more sensitive to sweetness again.

Also filmjölk is your friend. Don't you dare say anything bad about it.
I'm currently eating "4-grain". Ingredients: Barley, wheat, oats, rye. Nothing else. Not even roasted.

It's a bit bland... But almost every other müsli in stores has about 30-40 grams of sugar per 100. There are one or two hand-crafted vintage rustic free range granolas with less added sugar, but they're about $14 for every 137-gram bag or however they're packaged...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2018, 08:25:12 am »

If it's anything like me when I set my alarms expect them to go off exactly 12 hours from the point you meant to set them.
Nope, I checked and they were set for the right half of the day. I should really set my phone's clock to 24-hour time, though... that's what I normally use.

It's a bit bland... But almost every other müsli in stores has about 30-40 grams of sugar per 100. There are one or two hand-crafted vintage rustic free range granolas with less added sugar, but they're about $14 for every 137-gram bag or however they're packaged...
Muesli is abhorrent and I'm not sure I should encourage the consumption of such a substance, but couldn't you just buy the cheapest non-sugary version and smash some maple syrup in there or something?   
My current cereal is actually not that far removed from muesli, to be honest... but it's clusters of oats with actual flavour added, so it's not nearly as bad. Recently I discovered this awesome brand of shredded-wheat-rectangle-things-type cereal which is delicious, with only four ingredients, but I tend to just buy whatever's on special (within reason, of course).

I've been trying to eat more cereal/fiber in general.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2018, 10:07:11 am »

Why would anyone dislike müsli

It is literally one of the cornerstones of life

Disliking müsli is saying you dislike fruits and nuts

And what kind of person doesn't like nuts or fruits
Love, scriver~

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2018, 10:59:01 am »

Depends on the nuts and the fruits.  Cashew, cherry, apricot - Great.  Plum, kumquat, hazelnut - Hhmmmm.  Raisin, monkeypuzzle, date - The Devil's Arse.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2018, 03:47:51 pm »

Raisins are probably the best fruit of all, though... dates are pretty tops, too, though I admit I may be biased in their favour due to their pun potential.

Muesli is just cereal ingredients that have tragically failed to realise their potential. Shit, they didn't even manage to form a muesli bar.
If you wanna eat oats you could at least go for a bowl of delicious porridge without much more effort.
Booze is Life for Yoink

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2018, 03:54:47 pm »

Here in Brazil, there's a typical fruit called "Açaí" which can only be found here or in some few places around Africa. BOOOOOOOOY is that thing good, when you make Ice Cream out of it, it definitely feels like tasting heaven!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »

Oooh, I've only tried açai like once or twice, probably in a smoothie or a muesli bar or something. I'll have to try it again, they're little red berries that look kinda like goji berries, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »

Acctually they're pretty blackish, the fruit itself isn't that good, but when turned into a juice or smoothie, ice cream or pulp, it becomes incredibly good, especially with bananas and granola :)
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »

Depends on the nuts and the fruits.  Cashew, cherry, apricot - Great.  Plum, kumquat, hazelnut - Hhmmmm.  Raisin, monkeypuzzle, date - The Devil's Arse.

apples is the altar of any musli temple
Love, scriver~

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2018, 09:55:31 am »

Started playing slither.io, so of course the wifi decided to go to absolute wank for no readily discernible reason.

Curses. I was starting to get big and I heard steps coming towards my office.  Score ruined.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2018, 03:59:57 pm »

Started playing slither.io, so of course the wifi decided to go to absolute wank for no readily discernible reason.

Curses. I was starting to get big and I heard steps coming towards my office.  Score ruined.
Ack! The omnipresent threat of boss battles!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »

As expected, response to the new Venom movie is...not good.
Typical Sony, fucking shit up yet again.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11