Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today  (Read 16203 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you DISAPPOINTED today
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2018, 04:53:39 pm »

I think I'm more disappointed than WTF, so posting here: The state of computer software vendors just deciding to change features or make settings that users can't change is starting to just annoy me.

Windows 10 updated itself and disabled the fn+# keys that let me change screen brightness.

My trackpad driver updated and now 2-finger scrolling has this "momentum" feature where it keeps scrolling after I lift my fingers. I can't disable it... despite looking at the Internet for registry settings, etc.

Seriously people, stop messing with stuff!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2018, 08:31:36 pm »

I think I'm more disappointed than WTF, so posting here: The state of computer software vendors just deciding to change features or make settings that users can't change is starting to just annoy me.

Windows 10 updated itself and disabled the fn+# keys that let me change screen brightness.

My trackpad driver updated and now 2-finger scrolling has this "momentum" feature where it keeps scrolling after I lift my fingers. I can't disable it... despite looking at the Internet for registry settings, etc.

You see, your problem is your expecting them to care about the end user, and act in a way that would logically please said end user

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2018, 04:02:48 am »

You see, your problem is your expecting them to care about the end user, and act in a way that would logically please said end user
I've also been having some Microsoft woes with my new laptop... It automatically decided that I should log in to the computer as my Microsoft account (my Skype account, basically) rather than a local user profile unique to the machine, which I don't like from the get-go, but also means I can't use a simple easy-to-write password for opening the machine since that's also my Microsoft account password, which needs to be somewhat secure.

It's also been bugging me every time I start the machine that one of my Microsoft accounts requires "fixing"... What's the first step on fixing and account? Providing and email address or phone number for some reason (in addition to the one already associated with the Microsoft account). Mysteriously asking me for personal contact info without giving a reason? Miss me with that shit.

Also whenever I start a Steam game, I get FOUR different pop-ups for game control bars with Steam, a built-in package from this gaming laptop, and two different alerts for Windows' own game bars (which I don't need or want and that I just know is going to catastrophically fail to actually jive with the game).

The computer itself is still an upgrade over my last one, in that I went from not being able to even start up Witcher 3, directly to running it on all ultra settings, so I'm happy. Also there's sound now and it doesn't take two minutes to boot anymore.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2018, 05:47:06 am »

BLOTA HIMMEL! BLOTA MYLLA! BRAKAR OCH BLIXTAR!
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2018, 05:02:17 am »

I had a dream where I stumbled upon an absolutely golden play on words/pun, a fat joke of incredible proportions.

I giggled and snickered my way through the rest of the dream before partially waking up during the early morning, and realizing that I'd used vocabulary that doesn't exist in order to make the joke work.

I am disappoint

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2018, 06:28:34 am »

Oh, I hate it when that happens! You start to slowly wake up, thinking how damned clever your subconscious is, and then as soon as you think about it consciously you realise you've been duped with fake words and the whole joke falls apart like a wet paper bag. :-\

Is is strange that I find that experience so relatable? I know I've had at least two such moments, probably many more.

My Disappoint: King Arthur's Gold does not have controller support. WTF. I re-downloaded it and everything, thinking I could use my new gamepad with it. Weak. Guess it's back to Kero Blaster...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2019, 04:07:02 am »

Tokyo Ghost is currently disappointing the hell out of me.
I want to see more of the hectic setting and the folks who manage to make the most of it, not die of boredom trying to slog through this excruciatingly lame attempt at a doomed romance between two very bland characters.

Also, the action scenes suck.
At least the art is nice. Oh and I didn't pay for this book, so that's a definite plus.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]