Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: civ members joining merchants  (Read 727 times)

Cheiftain121

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
civ members joining merchants
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:49:15 am »

hi recently while playing Masterwork DF I received a this message

I did not know this could happen, is their anyway to get them to re-join my fort?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: civ members joining merchants
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:13:39 am »

It's a result of the experimental new emigration script - unhappy dwarves can leave the fort of their own accord with the next caravan.

There's no non-cheaty way to have them rejoin the fort, but you can always select them, and type "tweak makeown" into DFHack.

The levels of emigration can also be set in DFHack.  Typing "emigration 0" should turn it off; higher values will lead to progressively more emigration, but I'm not entirely clear how high is 'high'.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:33:47 am »

wow!
i can already foresee situations where the legendary weaponcrafter and the best trained, candy-arm-and-armored fighter will decide to leave because their dog died.
(Nooooooo! Urist come baaack!)

Cheiftain121

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 05:20:21 am »

wow!
i can already foresee situations where the legendary weaponcrafter and the best trained, candy-arm-and-armored fighter will decide to leave because their dog died.
(Nooooooo! Urist come baaack!)
That was one of my best armorsmiths/chief medical dwarf
I do not think they were unhappy either unless they got upset by me trading all the armor they made.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:22:54 am by Cheiftain121 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::