Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183891 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

IG, dude. You've hit -11 on my scumometer. Nobody, nobody ever, hit's below -8.
Meanwhile, 4mask has hit full green (+5.1 or above).

Know what? Full list of reads:
4maskwolf: +6
Jack AT: +5
Toaster: +4
Persus13: +4
NotQuiteThere: +3
Jiokuy: +3
Ottofar: +2
Toonyman: +2
ZU: +1
Imperial Guardsman: -11
Where everybody starts at 0.
Erm...

Hang on a second...

What, exactly, did I do to hit full green?

Because you seem mighty quick to buddy up with another highly active player.

PPE:
PPE:
4maskwolf and Imperial Guardsman, what's the deal here?
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.  That should answer your question.
Can you think of why this isn't actually a good thing?
In a word: time.  I simply don't have the time or attention to maintain conversations with everyone at once.  So I pick and choose the battles that I fight.
How do you pick and choose?
I pick and choose the battles that seem most important.  And try to stay out of ones that are irrelevant.

Doesn't always work, since I'm a fairly confrontational person.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

@Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?
Yes.
Is this because of a lack of time or lack of interest/effort?
Time.
Do you think this will hurt your play?
Flabort may have very well just ****ed me and him.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

Jack, you just seem simply too gung ho for Day 1. While my attacks were to get you to spill the beans and let me know about you, yours were just to get me killed, because you are either overconfident ( WHICH IS A SCUMTELL. ) or scum.  You may also very well be a third party, and I have my eyes on you.  Nobody knows ANYTHING D1 and this is the time to ask questions, scan posts and playstyle, and think. The power roles will help us day 2, and give us some basis and some alibi before we start the debate again.
Imperial Guardsman: Thank you for explaining your read.  You're wrong, but at least now I know what makes you wrong.  See, here's the thing.  You're right that at the start of Day 1, there's an utter lack of public information.  However, every post anyone makes adds information to the public's eye.  Most starting stuff (RVS) is not very informative, but it is information.  Attacks, like your initial one, are more information.  I asked you questions.  You gave information.  I asked more questions.  I got more info.  Then Persus came in, attacked you, and you leapt away from your initial attack.

So I applied pressure.  Increasing pressure, to get information.  And the information I have acquired is quite alarming.

What makes you believe that my questions and eventual attacks were purely to kill you?  In your reading of theory that you love to throw around, have you ever seen any references to a "pressure vote"?

PPE X ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH: Unvote for now.  Kingmaker 4 flashbacks en masse have led me to believe that I need to reevaluate.  (I'm noticing, across multiple games, that there seems to be something about my votes that makes inexperienced players break down)

<readlist snipped>
Flabort: That's nice and all, but can you explain these reads?  I've seen your process before, but dumping a list of numbers isn't very helpful without reasons.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2014, 05:57:00 pm »

@Imperial Guardsman:
It doesn't seem too bad. If Flabort is a weak investigation role like he claims, then scum will still have to decide whether that's good enough to kill or not.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »

Toony: can you reiterate the points behind your vote on me, por favor?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

Jack, you just seem simply too gung ho for Day 1. While my attacks were to get you to spill the beans and let me know about you, yours were just to get me killed, because you are either overconfident ( WHICH IS A SCUMTELL. ) or scum.  You may also very well be a third party, and I have my eyes on you.  Nobody knows ANYTHING D1 and this is the time to ask questions, scan posts and playstyle, and think. The power roles will help us day 2, and give us some basis and some alibi before we start the debate again.
Imperial Guardsman: Thank you for explaining your read.  You're wrong, but at least now I know what makes you wrong.  See, here's the thing.  You're right that at the start of Day 1, there's an utter lack of public information.  However, every post anyone makes adds information to the public's eye.  Most starting stuff (RVS) is not very informative, but it is information.  Attacks, like your initial one, are more information.  I asked you questions.  You gave information.  I asked more questions.  I got more info.  Then Persus came in, attacked you, and you leapt away from your initial attack.

So I applied pressure.  Increasing pressure, to get information.  And the information I have acquired is quite alarming.

What makes you believe that my questions and eventual attacks were purely to kill you?  In your reading of theory that you love to throw around, have you ever seen any references to a "pressure vote"?
No, but a pressure vote is a vote to purely cause pressure and get information.
Also, for the love of god, someone doc flabort.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2014, 06:03:51 pm »

@Toonyman Everyone has a positive lean; however, anything between -3 and +3 (yellow) is a null read, which includes you.
Between 3 and 5 in either direction is a lean (orange and pale green), and anything beyond 5 is a likelihood (red and full green).

@IG I said I have an information role. Does that make me a cop? An oracle? A sage? It could be nearly anything, it's not a claim.
How does me part-claiming doom both of us? I understand it might make me a scum target that is easily negated by a doc; it doesn't make you a target. My infodump makes you a target, and allows you to correct your actions and improve.

@4mask I believe that the accumulation of posts with lots of content that furthered the discussion did that for you. You have been fluctuating more than anyone else, but the overall trend has been upward.

@Jack AT as everyone posts, I keep track of my opinion of each post. This opinion swings the number up or down, into 5 distinct areas, that tell me whether I should be suspicious or not.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

@IG I said I have an information role. Does that make me a cop? An oracle? A sage? It could be nearly anything, it's not a claim.
How does me part-claiming doom both of us? I understand it might make me a scum target that is easily negated by a doc; it doesn't make you a target. My infodump makes you a target, and allows you to correct your actions and improve.
Maf WILL kill their only lead and I need you alive.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2014, 06:07:23 pm »

flabort: I know.  What are the reasons for your current reads on each player?

Imperial Guardsman: A pressure vote is a vote primarily to cause pressure and get information.  I never vote, outside of RVS, for someone I wouldn't accept a lynch of at the time, but my votes can still primarily be tools of pressure.

Now, would you be so kind as to actually answer the first question I asked you in that post?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »

flabort: I know.  What are the reasons for your current reads on each player?

Imperial Guardsman: A pressure vote is a vote primarily to cause pressure and get information.  I never vote, outside of RVS, for someone I wouldn't accept a lynch of at the time, but my votes can still primarily be tools of pressure.

Now, would you be so kind as to actually answer the first question I asked you in that post?
The questions and votes seemed less inquisitive and more murderous.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: I'm aggressive (though I'm having trouble seeing how my long pre-Persus set of questions could be seen as primarily murderous in intent) (could you explain in more detail?).  People tend to be aggressive on this forum.  Deal with it.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »

Jack:
Toaster was the first to start leaning town, because he's been quite helpful in conversation; however, he hasn't been posting much. So he's still not in the full green.
Next came NQT. Not entirely helpful as a whole, but logical and sound.
Jack, you were the next to pass +3, and it's not because of being unhelpful. You haven't done anything that's an outright town read, but you've been towny.
Persus has been absent, with not many posts, but is a low-post-high-content player, which I believe you said could be scum or town.
4mask has been a mid-high-content, high-post-count player.

Now I'm confused.
Previously you had called me the 3rd party you were so afraid of.
Now you want me alive.
And is "their only lead" you or me?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014, 06:15:28 pm »

Now I'm confused.
Previously you had called me the 3rd party you were so afraid of.
Now you want me alive.
And is "their only lead" you or me?
You.
Imperial Guardsman: I'm aggressive (though I'm having trouble seeing how my long pre-Persus set of questions could be seen as primarily murderous in intent) (could you explain in more detail?).  People tend to be aggressive on this forum.  Deal with it.
IF I MEANT AGGRESSIVE I WOULD HAVE SAID AGGRESSIVE

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

Both of you are acting overtly agressive, and that is scummy.
This isn't true at all.

IF I MEANT AGGRESSIVE I WOULD HAVE SAID AGGRESSIVE
You said aggressive in the post I linked above.

Imperial, Tiruin, Zombie Urist, Jiokuy, Jim, Flabort
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.
Why are you saying this like it was a sure thing? Also "everyone else" is kindof strange considering you're asking half the players.

Where is Tiruin, as it happens?
Isn't it too early to chase lurkers?
You also never responded to this.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2014, 08:15:02 pm »

Imperial, Tiruin, Zombie Urist, Jiokuy, Jim, Flabort
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.
We need a role flip, I dont mind, but I dont like that flabort vote.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 80