Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 185685 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2014, 02:02:03 pm »

Do you have any reason to say that besides it makes you less of a lynch target?
It would be dumb.
Oh no I cant kill the cult god I got myself exiled over, KILL EVERYONE/ IF YA CANT BEAT EM JOIN EM

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »

Never sleep in. Never sleep in. Never sleep in. Unvote Imperial Guardsman

Flabort
4mask wolf is no longer in the yellow. That said, he's not in the red, orange, or full green, either; he's in the light green, so I trust him right now. I don't want him to be lynched day 1. Maybe I'll change my mind on day 2 or 3, but I trust him right now.
I take it you're using your numbered colour-coded spreadsheet method to determine aggregate scumminess? Have you refined your criteria since the time you were scum? Only, it didn't seem to be very effective at actually picking out scum.
Some, not as much as I still need to.
Also, that time, I started the sheet far before I knew I'd be scum, as I had replaced in.

Flabort:'
Persus: Yes, I have played with 3Ps before, but rarely have they ever actually been a major threat or player in the games I've played.
Yes, the proof leads to why IG is scum: Lynch the guy with lots and lots of low content posts.

IG: I am not a third. I am a town information role. A rather weak one, but a information role nonetheless.
Well, third parties are dangerous, although Imperial does seem to be overly concerned about them.
And so instead of citing actual content from IG to back up your reasons, you cite... a post from two more experienced players? That's definitely where I'd apply the Misuse of authority scumtell.
And lots of low content posts build up over time. It's also how someone plays, and if there's one thing I really dislike it is people trying to lynch someone based on playstyle.

Also, I'd like to echo NQT's concern about how accurate your scoring method is. How do you determine the score a post receives? DO you account for meta, or context? Have you tried doing the scoring method to a finished game and then compared the scores with flips?

Finally, why are you roleclaiming (albeit slightly) this early? There's no real point from a town point of view, as it doesn't really add anything to your argument while it makes you more likely to be NKed.
I determine whether a post gets a positive or negative score mostly be opinion, which is probably innacurate. I need to write up a chart of "town hints" and "scum hints", plus "tells", to more accurately gauge posts. Accounting for meta, no, for context, yes.
I should try applying this method to a finished game to polish said method.

I am soft claiming this early because IG was adamant that I was third party. It certainly changed his opinion of me, though it didn't change anyone else's opinions, it seems.

Alright, I guess you all are getting the hints and piecing it all together. I'm a third party, specifically our new element ( I think ). The D1 attacks were to keep heat off of others ( I was assuming flabort was town at that point ). My Wincon is for both me and flabort to survive to the end of the game, no matter who wins. I have an ability with a 50 percent chance of failure that I will not disclose. The focus on third parties was to keep me safe from scum and vigs, etc. There it all is. Look at that how you will and consider it how you will.
Well this begins to make a bit more sense. Is your ability harmful to town?

Can anyone else shine some light on this? Flabort?
'Fraid not.
I know nothing about anyone else's roles yet, including IG's. It does seem inconsistant with what I do know, but what I do know is little enough yet, so I can't really say whether he's lying or telling the truth.
It does seem consistent with his claim that I've doomed us both, and that the last thing he wanted is for me to claim.
Wrong there, I get a different wincon on his death.
Its unstable magicks. That is all.
Though this does seem consistent with what I know. The second part, not the first.

Imperial Guardsman:
My wincon is the towns wincon, and vice versa. Read back.

Oh really?

My Wincon is for both me and flabort to survive to the end of the game, no matter who wins. I have an ability with a 50 percent chance of failure that I will not disclose.

This is emphatically not a town wincon.  Make up your mind which it is.

4mask:  Actually, I don't see an issue at all with his Flabort vote.  This isn't a hammer game, so it's not like he didn't have plenty of time to remove it.  Plus, it provides a bit of distancing if he didn't want to have the connection known.

Flabort:  Do you have any knowledge of this?
Only what discussion so far has told me, because I have no control over my power and it hasn't told me anything useful yet.

Tiruin What power benefits town the most: Information, Death, or Prevention?
I'd say they are all in the same box, sans the third. Information is gleaned upon the death of a townie as it confirms what they said or did, like in the matters of a massclaim and contradicting claims. Death, without much instance of information gained (ie Townie w/ God complex just gets 'imself killed) still has its merits as it shows how reactions and interactions follow--though this can be dissuaded by a change of pace or mannerism from the scumteam (and even then, if they worked in 'is death at all!)
I have no idea what you mean by prevention ._.
Roleblocking, Doctoring, Jailkeeping, etc.

IG:
You're awfully assumptive of the goodwill you've fostered.  If I was a doc, I wouldn't protect you.  If I was a vig, I'd probably shoot you.  In fact, I'm almost certainly going to vote you; I just want to hear from Flabort first.

On the other hand, if I was a guard, I might lock you in.
Why does your opinion of him weigh so heavily on my opinion? The question you asked me is pretty vague, so I don't think you're really waiting on me.

Wait... does he win if you win and town doesn't?
Idunno.
Also, what's your role name?
Exile Mage
Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies were posted. You may wish to review your post.
Makes sense. However, said name only means you're not directly town; doesn't mean you're not scum or not third party.
I'm currently inclined to believe 3rd party, but I'd like to wait for more information now.

I for one think IG's probably telling the truth. He reminds me a lot like Tiruin's Life Mage in that Witches game: incredulous that anyone should think him anything but benign.

This means there are bigger fish to fry. We win if we lynch scum, not 3rd parties, and IG can prove his role ability by raising tonight in case we mislynch town.

Whoever is on the IG lynch: why not kill scum instead?
Because I was asleep when he claimed. And it's taken me two hours to read what's been posted since I woke up!
It was page 3 or 4 @ 50 ppp when I went to sleep. It's now page 6!

Concerning IG's flavor, where I'm a descendant of such and such... not inaccurate.

Toaster[/b] You have been sliding down my scumometer as I've logged each post this morning. I find you have been aggressive and possibly even actively wanting a mislynch. What are your reads on everybody?

4maskwolf You dropped a pretty strong cult-hint earlier. When you suggested that you would indoctrinate IG into your cult if you were part of one. This dropped you back into the lime green area of my scumometer. However, what you said was just "would you like that to happen", so I'm not thinking you're actually scum/cult yet. What are you reads on everybody?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »

Tiruin What power benefits town the most: Information, Death, or Prevention?
I'd say they are all in the same box, sans the third. Information is gleaned upon the death of a townie as it confirms what they said or did, like in the matters of a massclaim and contradicting claims. Death, without much instance of information gained (ie Townie w/ God complex just gets 'imself killed) still has its merits as it shows how reactions and interactions follow--though this can be dissuaded by a change of pace or mannerism from the scumteam (and even then, if they worked in 'is death at all!)
I have no idea what you mean by prevention ._.
Roleblocking, Doctoring, Jailkeeping, etc.
...I read that in context of metaphysical note, not role powers >_>

Where did you
I know he is town because PM. I voted him to make it less prominent that I have association with flabort, and then he claims town investigative. I was thinking Im hunting thirds therefore i cannot be a third! But didnt work. Also, townside means to side with the town. TO win with them, help them, whatever furthers their goal.
Why did you claim in the first place?
Flabort claimed, and I was in immidiate danger.
o_O?
He did?
*cough*
Query here. Because I'm really wondering where he claimed (or I missed it in all its entirety despite multiple check backs)
^

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

Tiruin Toaster already pointed it out.
IG: I am not a third. I am a town information role. A rather weak one, but a information role nonetheless.
The Cyan Menace

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:07 pm »

Imperial, I don't really think your flavor seems plausible. First, Meph has never really referenced any previous games in his Supernatural flavor (or if he has, I must have missed it), and that flavor doesn't sound like his style to me. Secondly, your claimed revive power sounds a lot more like a Priest then your claimed role. Plus, on looking back at your vote on flabort, it does seem more like it was intended more as a lynch vote then anything else. If you were trying to get him to back off, I would have expected it to be more of an OMGUS and without the part where you trumpeted to the skies that you had found a third party. I think you were convinced you were going to be lynched, and so you fakeclaimed a third party role in order to prevent yourself from getting lynched.

In short, I think you are scum, probably a priest as well.

PPE:
Toaster[/b] You have been sliding down my scumometer as I've logged each post this morning. I find you have been aggressive and possibly even actively wanting a mislynch.
It's only a mislynch if said player is town. Imperial hasn't been proven to be a third party anyway. And Imperial can be blackmailed by another third-party, or scum (also, vigs, but vigs aren't certain). I would hardly call that a mislynch.

Also, are you saying your flavor matches with Imperial's?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:11 pm »

Imperial, I don't really think your flavor seems plausible. First, Meph has never really referenced any previous games in his Supernatural flavor (or if he has, I must have missed it), and that flavor doesn't sound like his style to me. Secondly, your claimed revive power sounds a lot more like a Priest then your claimed role. Plus, on looking back at your vote on flabort, it does seem more like it was intended more as a lynch vote then anything else. If you were trying to get him to back off, I would have expected it to be more of an OMGUS and without the part where you trumpeted to the skies that you had found a third party. I think you were convinced you were going to be lynched, and so you fakeclaimed a third party role in order to prevent yourself from getting lynched.
You do note he paraphrased it right?

Tiruin Toaster already pointed it out.
...mph :I
I look at the post directly above that. What IG did is solely before the post quoted.
But looking back [and by that I mean the post below this quote]--it is implied you two have a quicktopic chat, mm?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »

You do note he paraphrased it right?
Yes
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2014, 02:47:24 pm »

I know he is town because PM. I voted him to make it less prominent that I have association with flabort, and then he claims town investigative. I was thinking Im hunting thirds therefore i cannot be a third! But didnt work. Also, townside means to side with the town. TO win with them, help them, whatever furthers their goal.
Why did you claim in the first place?
Flabort claimed, and I was in immidiate danger.
[/quote]What was the merit of your claim for?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

Ill happily give you more information, but too bad I can never play supernatural again because I would quote a PM.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »

4maskwolf You dropped a pretty strong cult-hint earlier. When you suggested that you would indoctrinate IG into your cult if you were part of one. This dropped you back into the lime green area of my scumometer. However, what you said was just "would you like that to happen", so I'm not thinking you're actually scum/cult yet. What are you reads on everybody?
Cult... hint...
When did I...
Can you link this?  I'm pretty sure I said that the scum would kill IG and then he said "well they are likely a cult and could just convert me instead".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2014, 02:55:35 pm »

Oh, just read what you meant.  I was trying to see if IG was worth lynching by gauging his reaction to that question.  He kept saying how he was town-sided and stuff, then brought up that the scum would convert him instead of kill him.  So I asked to test his supposed town-sidedness.

As for reads?  Gimme a little, I need to see more posts from everyone, I'll post them by the end of the day.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PPE: You found it yourself.

But looking back [and by that I mean the post below this quote]--it is implied you two have a quicktopic chat, mm?
Pchaw. I wish.
We would have coordinated and not voted for each other if we had a chat.
Or at least neither of us would be flailing so bad.
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »

Flabort:
Why does your opinion of him weigh so heavily on my opinion? The question you asked me is pretty vague, so I don't think you're really waiting on me.

It has nothing to do with your opinion.  I was waiting to see if you were going to corroborate his claim.  I didn't think you would, but I was curious.

So you have no evidence at all of anything he's said in your flavor?

Toaster] You have been sliding down my scumometer as I've logged each post this morning. I find you have been aggressive and possibly even actively wanting a mislynch. What are your reads on everybody?

I will answer that question when you answer this one: just who am I trying to mislynch?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »

Toaster] You have been sliding down my scumometer as I've logged each post this morning. I find you have been aggressive and possibly even actively wanting a mislynch. What are your reads on everybody?

I will answer that question when you answer this one: just who am I trying to mislynch?
*chuckles*

Flabort, check your sources, according to my chart and the lurkertracker the last and only person voted by Toaster is NQT.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »

world cup is on so post later
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80