Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183863 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2014, 10:50:37 am »

What happened to RangerCado?
pfp

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2014, 12:49:48 pm »

Ottofar:
The4maskSheep, 4maskwolf was somewhat panicy, and not always too well argued, but active. Wetsheep's twisting my words and overinterpreting me. Otherwise looks active, and pretty good. Townish.
The only things you go into specifics in on this slot are bad things, but you say I'm townish? "Active" means nothing about alignment, and "pretty good" is incredibly vague.

Also, do not twist my words. I said he might be a likely D1 lynch, and that's because newbies often are.
Why do you immediately assume I'm twisting your words instead of just misinterpreting, yet not call me suspicious for it? Looks like you're trying to make me look bad without actually suspecting me. I'm not actually misinterpreting just your words, either, it's the question and your interpretation of it, which is kindof vague:
Ottofar Who do you think scum will lynch tonight?

Eh, if you mean scum nightkills, I'm guessing Jim would be pretty high on that list.
If you mean D1 Lynch, I could guess 4maskwolf or this new guy, Jiokuy.

Flabort:
TheWetSheep Also same question.
Nobody, really, except Tiruin(because replacement). It means she doesn't have the ability to post, because I trust her to be as active as possible. It says nothing about her alignment. Why are you asking three people what is essentially an RVS question?

NQT:
Toaster, Sheep, Ottofar, what do you think about the players you didn't mention?
Null. That's why I didn't mention them.
I see, so they're exactly as town as they are scummy to you then...? Initially I thought not being able to express reads might be a scum tell but I went and double checked my grid of reads for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, and Deathsword, the town patsy, was the worst at forming reads by a long stretch. Are you a patsy?
I replaced in two days ago. I sarcastically apologize for not having good reads on twelve players so far. If you don't think having bad reads is a scumtell anymore, why are you voting Jiokuy, who has newness as an excuse for poor reads, over it?

I see, so they're exactly as town as they are scummy to you then...?
It means that I've seen nothing to shift me either way.

How have ZU's recent posts changed your opinion on him?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2014, 01:01:10 pm »

TWSOh, my bad on that one then, misremembered. Active and useful then? Active and scumhunty? Active and aggressive? I don't suspect you because you seem like town trying to get a read on me, by pushing whatever you can.

Toaster ,  I just kinda forgot about it. It was for pressure, in any case.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »

Flabort:
TheWetSheep Also same question.
Nobody, really, except Tiruin(because replacement). It means she doesn't have the ability to post, because I trust her to be as active as possible. It says nothing about her alignment. Why are you asking three people what is essentially an RVS question?
Because I'm trying to glean more information without pursuing the same things everyone else is.
And I'll keep asking random questions to people until a new case surfaces.

Jiokuy Did you expect the day would be ending this way, with only a few hours to lynch and you the leading candidate?

Jim Unvote Did you think that by the end of the day the leading case would actually be "you OMGUS'd twice and were genuinely absent"? Were you actually afraid you might get lynched? Do you feel that maybe there is still reason for me to keep my vote on you, or am I justified in unvoting?

Toaster If it were you with 4 votes on you right now, for similar reasons of not pursuing any genuine cases, how would you be defending yourself?

Ottofar Are you OK with Jiokuy being killed? You did predict that he might get lynched, after all, what is your opinion on it?

NQT You believe that whoever gets lynched, it's everyone's responsibility. How equally is the responsibility spread? Are YOU ok with a Jiokuy lynch? If he flips town, will you consider it your fault? If he flips scum, will you take credit?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

Hmm I might not get another post in by day end. I think I'm ok with a Jiokuy lynch.

Flabort still needs to explain why he said IG is confirmed benign 3rd.
NQT needs more thorough analysis on the reads.

Ohh looking at Toasters post I noticed another smallNQT contradiction He said to Toaster he was unsure of end time which is why he asked but said to me if nothing else happened that day IG would be lynched.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »

Also Flabort I'm not gonna let you good you don't vote this close to day end
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:15 pm »

@Toaster:
Toony is being really uncharacteristically quiet.  Besides his vote on 4mask and ZU (the latter not strong), pretty much all the content he posted was in his read post, which was minimum-effort and noncommittal.  Just look at these:
Spoiler: Toony's read post (click to show/hide)
About the only real stands he makes here are NQT and 4mask.  Toony, why are you coasting through D1?
I'm not. I gave my honest feelings.

@JiM. Bison:
@Jim Groovebot:
You're being way more childish than normal! Where's our ultra competent Sigma?
More childish than normal? Then what's the average level of childishness that people expect out of me?
Also, this isn't Sigma, this is M. Bison, and I feel like recently (i.e. the past couple of years) I have not played well in games of mafia.
Why did you throw a fit at Jiokuy? Just say you were away.

@Jiokuy:
You probably want to role-claim.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »

What happened to RangerCado?
pfp

I checked with him, but unfortunately his schedule hasn't opened up enough for him to play. So we're still in need of a replacement.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »

Flabort still needs to explain why he said IG is confirmed benign 3rd.
"All but". I said he's "All but confirmed". At least, he's benign until I die, and furthermore, I don't see any contradictions between his flavor, my flavor, or what other information I can glean from anywhere.
Also Flabort I'm not gonna let you good you don't vote this close to day end

Then I'm just going to go with my gut. Toaster. I can't support my case against him, but I suspect him more than I do Jim or Jiokuy. Or NQT or IG, TWS, Toony, or Zombie for that matter. My gut says Toasty is scum. My (flawed) scumometer says Jim and Toony are scum. The evidence seems to say that the scum is not who is being most scummy (NQT, Jim, Jiokuy). So I'm going with my gut in this short time.

Also, did you mean "good" or "go".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »

Everyone

The current lynch target is Jiokuy. If no one does anything for the next four hours, he's going to be lynched. If anyone has any major objection, now's the time to put forward a compelling counter-case on someone else.

Sheep-- Jiokuy has played in other games, he's not a complete newbie. I'm not voting him for his lacklustre reads, but rather his lack of cases all day, that's just icing on the cake. He hasn't been terribly engaged with actually finding scum.

ZU I still find suspicious, but a small bit less than Jiokuy.

(In case I don't get back by day's end, though I should, if I die in the night then look who's given who a null or town vote, or said someone was  'mild scum' without making any serious attempt to press a case.)

PPE 7 replies.  On phone so will try to respond soon if possible.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »

I'm okay with the lynch, though it's happening for different reasons than I thought it might. I'm getting a town lean from him, but the lynch is okay with this little time left. Pfp  again

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2014, 01:30:53 pm »

Ottofar:
Toaster ,  I just kinda forgot about it. It was for pressure, in any case.

I see.

Flabort:
Jim Unvote Did you think that by the end of the day the leading case would actually be "you OMGUS'd twice and were genuinely absent"? Were you actually afraid you might get lynched? Do you feel that maybe there is still reason for me to keep my vote on you, or am I justified in unvoting?

Toaster If it were you with 4 votes on you right now, for similar reasons of not pursuing any genuine cases, how would you be defending yourself?

Oh no, you don't get to unvote and leave no vote anywhere so close to day end.

I would respond by explaining who you should be voting instead of me.  Also, I'd say that "not pursuing any genuine cases" is false applying to me, but I doubt that's what you had in mind.

Then I'm just going to go with my gut. Toaster. I can't support my case against him, but I suspect him more than I do Jim or Jiokuy. Or NQT or IG, TWS, Toony, or Zombie for that matter. My gut says Toasty is scum. My (flawed) scumometer says Jim and Toony are scum. The evidence seems to say that the scum is not who is being most scummy (NQT, Jim, Jiokuy). So I'm going with my gut in this short time.

So you think that no genuine cases is a legitimate reason for accumulating a fatal four votes, but an unsupportable case is worthy of your vote?

Also, if you have evidence that scummy people aren't scum, then either your evidence or scumhunting methodology is flawed.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

(In case I don't get back by day's end, though I should, if I die in the night then look who's given who a null or town vote, or said someone was  'mild scum' without making any serious attempt to press a case.)
Could you give us a link to that spreadsheet table? One of us could continue it if you died.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2014, 02:22:09 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
flabort: Ottofar
Jim Groovester: Jiokuy
Jiokuy: Imperial Guardsman, Jim Groovester, notquitethere, Persus13
notquitethere: Jack A.T.
Ottofar: TheWetSheep
Persus13: zombie urist
Toaster: flabort
ToonyMan: Toaster
zombie urist: ToonyMan

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (About 3.5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2014, 03:02:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My motivation for attacking was to stir up the game. This was my first time building a serious case on this board without another's help. He even seemed to slip up, it would have been fun to pursue it. Alas life intervened. I've found it hard to post without parroting another post's ideas.

Enh, I'm a good policy lynch I guess. I'll see if I can help with my last few hours.

Wrong.Unvote, Jiokuy, king of lurkers
That is not a very compelling reason to bandwagon. I can understand a policy lynch, but that seems downright lynchhappy. Watch him closely day 2 guys.

@notquitethere: Yeah, I've been playing poorly. I learned quite a bit though. It was a good game to play. I apologize for playing poorly enough to be the D1 mislynch.

@Flabort: Shoot, I was really hoping to participate for longer. It was certainly abrupt, but not unexpected I say.

To: everyone, if I could avoid lurking I would so it. Alas I guess I've been intimidated. Nothing like imminent death to remove most of the pressure though :).

Jim: Even with your OMGUS, overall I found you towny. I was trying to recreate RVS a few days late. I shouldn't have left so many clauses for backing out though. This is defiantly a game of confidence.

Toaster: of all the higher skill players, your actions have seemed the scummiest. (I'll post my reasons in my next post)

I understand the policy lynch, but is a mys-lynch really better than lynching a third though?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 80