Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183839 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #450 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:43 pm »

Hapah: When you've read through the game, I'd like your reads please.
Working on it.

Hapah Welcome, feel free to let us know if Tiruin/you had/have a night action that worked in town's favor last night.
That's an awfully loaded statement, isn't it? Why ask me and only me?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 18, 2014, 05:36:53 pm »

ZU: Yeah. Because it's implied by my information that the evil team has strong power roles. So to find the scum find the roles.
And also because I can process of elimination the information from role fishing to figure out who might be lying about their roles, and who might be scum.

Hapah: Sorry, I assumed that as the fresh replacement, you'd be willing to cooperate with the town for a while. I assure you, you're not the only person I intend to thoroughly investigate for role powers and loyalty to the town. I felt you were a good starting point, as I know nothing about you yet.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 18, 2014, 07:11:46 pm »

Imperial Guardsman I trusted your claim earlier, and am still willing to; but are you SURE you're planning on using my blood for good? You're not part of this cult? The stars are not aligned right for you?
I need your blood to kill a cult god. Nothing but good comes out of that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:34 pm »

NQT:
Toaster: Shooting from the hip, if you had to day kill someone right now, who would that be?

IG, no question about it.  Worst case, we lose an unreliable res that might be used in our favor.  Best case, we get rid of a dangerous non-town.

IG:
Imperial Guardsman: other than flailing about and shouting in all caps, how are you going to earn your survival through this day?
I already told you that Im acting as a Priest for the town, I just want flabort alive.

That's really not worth much at all.

notquitethere - THE MAN MADE AN ENTIRE SPREADSHEET AND DISTRIBUTED IT TO THE TOWN.

This is irrelevant to his alignment.

Flabort:
Toaster If you were scum, at this point, which team mates would you most believe to be capable of recovering from not killing last night? Or, if you're a mechanical cult (as in, converting), who would you have most liked to convert last night?

Not sure what you mean by the first question.  Do you mean those most able to avoid a scumslip after a theoretical failed kill?  If yes, then anyone experienced should handle that no problem.  For the second question, I would convert Jim because he's my ultimate Mafia-bro, or Jack because everyone thinks he's town.

Flabort:
Jack Should I survive to day 3, do you think my power might reveal who is in the scum team? Do you have a flavor you'd like to claim? Maybe something to do with... golems? Vampires? Werecreatures? Witches? I'm guessing wildly here, but I suspect you have a power role of some sort.

If he does, why are you pushing him to reveal it?  This is some damned heavy rolefishing, even among a post filled with it.

ZU: Yeah. Because it's implied by my information that the evil team has strong power roles. So to find the scum find the roles.
And also because I can process of elimination the information from role fishing to figure out who might be lying about their roles, and who might be scum.

Well, at least you're honest about it.  But here's the thing; if the scum team has strong roles, so does the town.  Are you willing to expose town hard counters?

Hapah: Sorry, I assumed that as the fresh replacement, you'd be willing to cooperate with the town for a while.

That's an extremely presumptive view.

Jim:  Now that you've had plenty of time to settle in, what's your views on things?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 18, 2014, 08:20:44 pm »

Rather exhausted at the moment, sorry.

Alright.  Looks like we probably have a cult (that is to say, a conversion-based primary scum type).

Now Jack, I resent your comment about my  competency. I was trying a new strategy, and if you don't like it you should say so rather than insult me.
4maskwolf: Right, I've been a bit excessively grumpy and snippy while playing lately.  Sorry about that.  Your strategy is still terrible, though, considering how it was actively harming your ability to read other players (pretending pressure votes are lynch votes and basing your thoughts on other players on that is not exactly going to help you), actively harming your ability to build convincing cases against other players, and actively harming your ability to avoid being lynched (just look at all the adverse attention you got for jumpiness with every pressure vote).  Bad play is bad play, and I came to the conclusion that you were playing badly in a way probably not intended to be anti-town.

NQT: While your defense has generally been weak (there was little to conflict with my accusations, your evidence of your story tended to be weak, and your desperate spinning was astounding at times) (I need to look through your defenses in prior games and see how you normally defend yourself, I think), your activities at the end of Day 1 (specifically, your high-speed attempt to figure out how to best handle Jiokuy's claim, and the rapid shifting of your opinion) seem like an honest effort to figure out how to get the most town-friendly resolution of that issue.  You've moved to a wary neutral read.

Unless a response is requested, I'm going to leave your last defense alone.  I completely agree that we'd hit an impasse, and frankly, I'm tired of inane discussions at an increasingly great distance from any case of mine.

Jiokuy really broke town to me in this post.
Toaster: Please explain.

Ottofar: Do you have some more in-depth reads now, now that it is day 2?

Looking back, I find a couple people particularly off-putting.

ToonyMan: Near the end of a long, high-activity day, your main suspects were three lurkers.  For lurking.  Two of those lurkers, zombie urist and Ottofar, you said were playing as they normally did, but could "easily" be scum based on that.  After that, you FoSed Jim for being really angry.

Toony, was there anything about zombie urist's play that made you specifically think he was scum when you voted him, or was your vote just based on not liking his "usual" playstyle?  Can you explain why you suspect(ed) Jim, including how his anger indicates scumhood (if it does)?  What are your current reads?

zombie urist: When you finally started posting real content, you finally gave a case that wasn't "What Jack said": a case against Persus for being lazy and useless.  To justify your vote, you accuse him of parroting me when dealing with Guardsman (which he didn't) (for instance, Persus accused Guardsman of having just skimmed the thread to find something to accuse me of, which I had not accused Guardsman of), say his Jiokuy vote went nowhere (true, as far as I can tell), and cherry-pick a few low-content posts (only one of them being close to a clarification request) from the million posts a minute part of the game.  Quite a case.

Persus13 responds by asking a bit about your case (see the bottom of his post).  Your next post... no response.  Finally, at the end of the day, you continue not mentioning Persus as you... note issues with Jiokuy's claim, but decide for some reason to vote Imperial Guardsman.

Do you disagree with my assessment of your Persus13 case?  If so, how and why?  If not, why did you vote for him?
What is your current position on Persus13?
Why vote for Imperial Guardsman?
What was your position on Jiokuy when you voted Imperial Guardsman?

PPE:
NQT: I did not confirm any scum overnight.

Flabort: Regarding your power, I just looked at Supernatural 2 and the sage there.  Back in that game, the sage IronyOwl got some information on what third parties were in the game over 4 nights, dying night 4 as he got information on a demon.  I doubt you'll have much information by Day 3, but you might have a few hints toward the identity of the main scumteam or know what Guardsman is by that point.

I shall avoid claiming/part-claiming/flavour-claiming for now, as I see little reason to.  Is there a reason, aside from you having allegedly seen some flavour about evil magic, why people should be claiming?  Have you considered the game balance implications of your assumption that the scum has high-power roles?
Hapah: Sorry, I assumed that as the fresh replacement, you'd be willing to cooperate with the town for a while.
Wow, you're being heavy handed with the "you're not being a proper townie by not telling me about your role" manipulation, flabort.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »

Flabort: Just out of curiosity, what would have happened if I said "Yes, I used a power and it was super townie helpful." What's the angle? Where do you go from there?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 18, 2014, 11:55:04 pm »

Flabort:
Toaster If you were scum, at this point, which team mates would you most believe to be capable of recovering from not killing last night? Or, if you're a mechanical cult (as in, converting), who would you have most liked to convert last night?

Not sure what you mean by the first question.  Do you mean those most able to avoid a scumslip after a theoretical failed kill?  If yes, then anyone experienced should handle that no problem.  For the second question, I would convert Jim because he's my ultimate Mafia-bro, or Jack because everyone thinks he's town.

Flabort:
Jack Should I survive to day 3, do you think my power might reveal who is in the scum team? Do you have a flavor you'd like to claim? Maybe something to do with... golems? Vampires? Werecreatures? Witches? I'm guessing wildly here, but I suspect you have a power role of some sort.

If he does, why are you pushing him to reveal it?  This is some damned heavy rolefishing, even among a post filled with it.

Well, at least you're honest about it.  But here's the thing; if the scum team has strong roles, so does the town.  Are you willing to expose town hard counters?

That's an extremely presumptive view.

Not sure why you bolded my name twice. To make sure you have my attention?
Yeah, that's what I meant by that question. Makes sense. But who do you consider "experienced" enough to avoid that scumslip?

I'm "pushing" to reveal to test who's willing to put their own lives on the line to assist in putting the pieces of the puzzle together, and find out who's willing to lie about what they may have done, and who's too cowardly to make a risky move. I'm a man of risky moves, Toaster, I prefer puzzles and gambits to waiting out and finding out who flips. Because if we wait, too many flips could be town.

Saying that I'm "exposing" town's "hard counters" is a tad... let's say that how you put it sounds riskier than the way I see it. I understand if nobody's willing to reveal for fear that scum might misuse that information, but if every towny claimed, scum would have no choice but to claim, and once the scum claimed, we'd have all the information we'd need to root out every lying scum. So I guess I'm asking for a Mass Claim.

By "cooperate", I meant "blend in", "help", "answer the questions of". I guess it was presumptive. I guess that not everyone plays that way.

Flabort: Regarding your power, I just looked at Supernatural 2 and the sage there.  Back in that game, the sage IronyOwl got some information on what third parties were in the game over 4 nights, dying night 4 as he got information on a demon.  I doubt you'll have much information by Day 3, but you might have a few hints toward the identity of the main scumteam or know what Guardsman is by that point.

I shall avoid claiming/part-claiming/flavour-claiming for now, as I see little reason to.  Is there a reason, aside from you having allegedly seen some flavour about evil magic, why people should be claiming?  Have you considered the game balance implications of your assumption that the scum has high-power roles?
Wow, you're being heavy handed with the "you're not being a proper townie by not telling me about your role" manipulation, flabort.
Right. So it's even weaker than I thought.

The balance implication is that there aren't many of them. Town probably outnumbers scum by a greater degree than normal, OR, there is more than one scum faction (unlikely considering the lack of a kill, unless one is a convert and the other was blocked), OR there is an abundance of powerful roles on both sides. If there are powerful roles on both sides, which seems to be what you are suggesting, then mass claiming will result in most people claiming strong roles (that the scum may want to get rid of), but the scum picking roles to blend in; these roles may or may not clash with any other claimed flavor so far, and should be easier to deduce than blindly shooting lynching in the dark.

Oh, sure, accuse the hand of being fat. :P That wasn't entirely the message I meant to infer. I meant, "I hoped you'd be willing to answer my questions, since you're newer". I did not mean "If you don't answer I'll immediately throw you into my red area of the scumometer", which wouldn't be possible anyways.

Flabort: Just out of curiosity, what would have happened if I said "Yes, I used a power and it was super townie helpful." What's the angle? Where do you go from there?

From there I take what you said, I compare it to what I already know, and I move onto another target. Once an inconsistency between what you said and what someone else says comes up, I revisit your case and grill both of you.
Since you didn't claim, I move on anyways and come back to you later.

Jim Can you claim, are you willing to? Will you help me solve the puzzle?

Toony What flavor have you got? Do you have a passive or active role?

Sheep Do you have a night kill? Do you have a preventative role (blocker, doctor, etc)? Are you willing to drop your flavor for me?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2014, 12:07:51 am »

@Notquitethere:
ToonyMan: Should we lynch Zombie Urist today?
Yeah. Zombie Urist.

@Zombie Urist:
Can you please give me your impressions of Toaster and Jack AT? (I ask again, and again)

@Jack AT:
ToonyMan: Near the end of a long, high-activity day, your main suspects were three lurkers.  For lurking.  Two of those lurkers, zombie urist and Ottofar, you said were playing as they normally did, but could "easily" be scum based on that.  After that, you FoSed Jim for being really angry.
Look, I never suspected anybody for lurking. I questioned Ottofar for putting off his investigation (which is ridiculous), I questioned Jiokuy for not giving a vote late into the day, and I put forth a question towards ZU and used my hefty "lynch vote" to goad a response. If I were to vote a player for lurking it would be Tiruin (now Hapah) or Persus13.

A lurking player isn't posting, maybe you mean active-lurking?

Toony, was there anything about zombie urist's play that made you specifically think he was scum when you voted him, or was your vote just based on not liking his "usual" playstyle?  Can you explain why you suspect(ed) Jim, including how his anger indicates scumhood (if it does)?  What are your current reads?
I'll get back to you on the first part when ZU finally notices I exist. Ignoring somebody is scummy.

I still suspect Jim, he's usually a bit more competent than he has been. He was right about Jiokuy, but he was a special Werebear SK so that doesn't really prove there was any relationship between them, good or bad.

Reads on suspects, hmmm:

Scummy

Zombie Urist - Most importantly, disregarding me.
4maskwolf/TheWetSheep - I left 4maskwolf as a target because he replaced out and I have a policy not to target people who aren't playing, I didn't expect TWS to replace so soon but it's fine. I don't have a read on TWS so this is a placeholder sadly.
Notquitethere - In contrast to Jim, posts a five chain "train of thought" spasm that shouldn't happen. Trying to change the lynch an hour before day end is really skirting the line, even if you believe their claim.
Ottofar - Waiting for that promised delivery (this is why you don't wait until Day 2)

Middle Ground

Imperial Guardsman - claimed third-party, don't really trust, maybe they could actually help town?
flabort - as trust-worthy as IG really, maybe slightly better
Jim Groovester - wrote a completely logical reason why Jiokuy's claim is garbage which looks good, a complete contrast to his RAGE posts that were hard to uh, read coherently
Tiruin/Hapah - give them a day to post some
Persus13 - bumped down a bit since they haven't been contributing much lately

Good Feels

Toaster - I'm starting to agree with his view of IG really, while IG is probably telling most of the truth he's just a big liability and his latest posts have been mediocre
Jack AT - scumhunting looks solid

PPE:
Flabort a mass-claim is retarded.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:52 am »

Has anyone confirmed scum in the night? I'd assume you'd say anyway, but you know, it can't hurt to ask.

Noooooooooope.

Jim: Are you pleased with the resolution of the Jiokuy lynch?

On one hand, yes, on the other, no.

Lynching SKs is pretty usually a good thing, but when there's a cult about it, having some firepower pointed in their direction is handy even if that same firepower is also pointed in ours. It probably would have worked out well, at least for a little bit, since Jiokuy was apparently willing to pretend to vig for a while.

I think we're better off anyway since counting on hostile third parties to help with the town's wincon is usually a pretty bad idea in the long run.

ironically

That's not irony at all!

Jack Should I survive to day 3, do you think my power might reveal who is in the scum team?

There's pretty much zero chance of that happening.

Jim, Zombie, Otto It is day 2. What information can you share with the town? What changes in your reads do you have? Do you have any reason to be silent today?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Can you claim, are you willing to? Will you help me solve the puzzle?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I guess I'm asking for a Mass Claim.

I disagree entirely with your brazen rolefishing, but I have considered mass claiming as an option in fighting a cult.

My conclusion is that I think it's too early for a mass claim to be useful. If there were anything useful that could come from N1 results only, it would be somebody getting caught red-handed doing something during the night and somebody would have already claimed it.

Claiming early when there's a cult also lets the cult cherry-pick their targets, and then from there on out the usefulness of a mass claim diminishes since claims can no longer be trusted.

Jim:  Now that you've had plenty of time to settle in, what's your views on things?

I've been forthcoming with my opinions so what I've said so far has been my view on things.

In any case, not having a kill muddies the water, so I think I'll need a reread to regather reads.

Brain agrees with people about zombie urist that his vote on Imperial Guardsman at the end of the day was bad. Gut says Persus13 for his vote on Imperial Guardsman on Day 1 that he later retracted.

I'll be looking into things soon.

I still suspect Jim, he's usually a bit more competent than he has been. He was right about Jiokuy, but he was a special Werebear SK so that doesn't really prove there was any relationship between them, good or bad.

I can assure you that if I am playing poorly I am not doing so intentionally.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2014, 02:23:44 am »

@Zombie Urist:
Can you please give me your impressions of Toaster and Jack AT? (I ask again, and again)
I already answered that when I gave my list of reads and nothing has really changed since then. I noticed both times but I already responded to everything in other posts so I didn't really bother quoting you.

zombie urist: When you finally started posting real content, you finally gave a case that wasn't "What Jack said": a case against Persus for being lazy and useless.  To justify your vote, you accuse him of parroting me when dealing with Guardsman (which he didn't) (for instance, Persus accused Guardsman of having just skimmed the thread to find something to accuse me of, which I had not accused Guardsman of), say his Jiokuy vote went nowhere (true, as far as I can tell), and cherry-pick a few low-content posts (only one of them being close to a clarification request) from the million posts a minute part of the game.  Quite a case.

Persus13 responds by asking a bit about your case (see the bottom of his post).  Your next post... no response.  Finally, at the end of the day, you continue not mentioning Persus as you... note issues with Jiokuy's claim, but decide for some reason to vote Imperial Guardsman.

Do you disagree with my assessment of your Persus13 case?  If so, how and why?  If not, why did you vote for him?
What is your current position on Persus13?
Why vote for Imperial Guardsman?
What was your position on Jiokuy when you voted Imperial Guardsman?
I fail to see how Jack's not asking you a question to do with third-parties means he is a third party himself. Since I don't understand that leap  plus you dived into the game attacking someone for something I don't understand and admitted you haven't been reading everything lead me to wonder if you were lazy scum.
Here's where he covered the "didn't ask about third parties". I suppose the "skimming the thread" part is original, but thats not much.

List of Persus posts which are clarifying or otherwise low content. If you disagree please point them out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5368795#msg5368795
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5368777#msg5368777
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5368340#msg5368340
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5368293#msg5368293
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5367835#msg5367835
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5366606#msg5366606
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5365302#msg5365302
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5365252#msg5365252

Note that Persus only has 14 posts total, of which the first 2 are RVS.

I didn't respond at that time because I didn't feel like rewriting my case and instead focused my time on end-of-day stuff, especially since no one else seemed to agree with me. I did notice Jiokuy's claim didn't match, which is why I asked for a flavor claim. I wanted to be sure if he accidentally claimed the wrong role function or actually slipped. I decided to vote IG because I wasn't completely sold on Jiokuy since a lot of the mistakes he made looked like noob mistakes. IG claimed third party and also said he could be the "new element" which would be informative. I still think Persus is scummy, but right now there's more important things.

NQT: I covered your post in my response to Jack. I also look forward to your analysis of the read table.

Flabort: What's your next step now that no one is going to claim?

I'm going to claim because I think this information is important and my role isn't very powerful or useful. I am the sexton. Jiokuy's body has gone missing. NQT do you know where it went?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2014, 02:34:29 am »

Quick post: LurkerTracker is completely failing when applied to this game, missing many of the posts of some players (definitely including Persus13 and Jim Groovester).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2014, 04:57:23 am »

Flabort
I'm going to read some of the relevant parts of the previous games and come back to you on your interpretations there.

Mass claim is not the right strategy when there's this many players still alive.

Toaster
Toaster: Shooting from the hip, if you had to day kill someone right now, who would that be?
IG, no question about it.  Worst case, we lose an unreliable res that might be used in our favor.  Best case, we get rid of a dangerous non-town.
That's reasonable— but you're not in favour of lynching him today, right?

Toony
Notquitethere - In contrast to Jim, posts a five chain "train of thought" spasm that shouldn't happen. Trying to change the lynch an hour before day end is really skirting the line, even if you believe their claim.
I'm not sure what your problem is here: I believed the deadline to be minutes away so I was trying to get the most out of the claim in the while there was still a chance. You can hardly accuse me of being in league with Jiokuy, so what scum incentive would there be from trying to delay his lynch?

ZU
Big analysis post is forthcoming. Probably this evening (GMT), in the next 12 hours. I can see why you'd vote 3rd party, but now we know there's probably a cult would you still want to press a 3rd party lynch?

I'm going to claim because I think this information is important and my role isn't very powerful or useful. I am the sexton. Jiokuy's body has gone missing. NQT do you know where it went?
Completely missing or just that his grave was disturbed? I can't think why the body would be gone— is it just ghouls and priests that remove bodies? Why do you think I'd know something about that?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2014, 07:52:18 am »

Set Up Speculation

Spoiler: All prior scum teams (click to show/hide)

Given that there was no kill last night but all players in the game were active, we can assume it's either one of two things:

1. A kill-team who were blocked by a guard
2. A convert-team who converted.

Flabort has claimed this sage info:

"Night0: We're in the middle of a big honking ley line. People who want powers have tried to use it before. (This may support reference to previous games, and may support the GolemCult theory; though the former is more likely than the latter)"

The Golem Cult theory isn't a theory, but a joke. Previous supernatural games don't contain golems— that's Witches Coven. There's no mention of ley lines in previous games. But this does point to a power-seeking cult as in Super 6 or 2. If it's like in Super 2 then we're laughing: scum were blocked last night and we'll just win this like a regular game. If they're a charismatic cult then we're in some small trouble depending on who they converted last night.

"Night1: I went stargazing. A wandering constellation (known, ironically, as "Viliir, The Wanderer") has intersected another constellation (Known as the Mirror), forming another (Called the Death's Head). I also felt chills and an evil crackling. Even after I heated the fire up. Apparently, at this time, evil magic is at it's most potent. This is a vile omen indeed."
Evil magic again points to generic cultists who sacrifice their victims and have a team kill and may or may not have a one-shot conversion.

Does anyone else have any insight on all this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:27 am »

Jack:
Jiokuy really broke town to me in this post.
Toaster: Please explain.

His words and actions felt awfully genuine to me in that post, as if he was really trying to do something useful in his dying hour.  I was starting to doubt his lynch enough to make an effort to get on and see if there was a last-minute switch (my vote alone at the time wouldn't have done anything.)  Then he bungled his claim.  I would have voted him over that but I got on right as the day ended.  Oh well.

Flabort:
Not sure why you bolded my name twice. To make sure you have my attention?
Yeah, that's what I meant by that question. Makes sense. But who do you consider "experienced" enough to avoid that scumslip?

A consequence of working in multiple tabs- sometimes I lose track a bit, and it slipped through a preview.

Honestly, I don't think it's a likely scumslip for anyone to make.  Of the living players, I can't vouch for your experience and IG might slip.

I'm "pushing" to reveal to test who's willing to put their own lives on the line to assist in putting the pieces of the puzzle together, and find out who's willing to lie about what they may have done, and who's too cowardly to make a risky move. I'm a man of risky moves, Toaster, I prefer puzzles and gambits to waiting out and finding out who flips. Because if we wait, too many flips could be town.

How do you determine between scum, townies with power roles who have nothing useful, and townies with a vested interest in not claiming?  (Knights jump to mind as an example of that; a role who is useful only in surprise.)

Saying that I'm "exposing" town's "hard counters" is a tad... let's say that how you put it sounds riskier than the way I see it. I understand if nobody's willing to reveal for fear that scum might misuse that information, but if every towny claimed, scum would have no choice but to claim, and once the scum claimed, we'd have all the information we'd need to root out every lying scum. So I guess I'm asking for a Mass Claim.

I disagree with your premise that a mass claim will provide all the information we need.  You're assuming that there are enough town power roles to confirm everything and insufficient scum power roles to disrupt this.  The fact that we may be dealing with conversions compounds this problem.

In any case, if there was great information to report today, you would probably see a post of "I inspected [vote]Player[/vote] and he is scum."

Do you think your portent of Evil Magic could be referring to IG's role?

NQT:
Toaster
That's reasonable— but you're not in favour of lynching him today, right?

While I'd love to see him gone, he's sadly not a good lynch, especially if we're dealing with a cult.  It's not totally impossible that he's a cult leader, but that'd be awfully ballsy of him to stick his neck out like that, given he painted a giant "PLEASE VIG ME" sign on his own back.

Hapah:  What's your preferred method of dealing with a cult?

NQT:  How does the potential for conversion affect your aggregate suspicion tracker?  Does it invalidate anything that's not the current day?

Sheep:  Do you still think Ottofar should be lynched?  Who else do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:04 am »

Dammit all the good pressure points are taken before I get to post.

NQT:
TheWetSheep: did you really think Ottofar was the best candidate for lynching yesterday?
Not really. I was just trying to get a read on him, and there wasn't really a danger of him being lynched. I still don't really have any leads; Ottofar doesn't look too bad.

I still feel like you're hiding under all your "helpful content". Compiling reads and speculating on scumteam composition is something anybody can do.

Why are you disregarding ZU's information in your last post? I would think that it would be pretty important.

Jim: Why are you so sure there's a cult?

Flabort:
Sheep Do you have a night kill? Do you have a preventative role (blocker, doctor, etc)? Are you willing to drop your flavor for me?
Who's interested in finding town nightkill powers? Converters of course! Why are you trying to give a cult the perfect target to convert?

PPE: Toaster, see answer to NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 80