Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183878 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #645 on: June 25, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »

I asked for an explanation, not a repetition.

You and ToonyMan could not have both dug up zombie urist, like both of you claimed.

Ergo, ipso facto, concordantly, apropos, one of you is lying and it's probably you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2014, 08:28:51 pm »

Didn't I just explain?

Why, yes I did.

RTFT

Revives do not happen simultaneously. If two priests attempt to revive the same target, who gets to do the revive is randomly chosen, and the other finds an empty grave.

And since you tried to resolve your flavor inconsistency with ToonyMan by casting doubt at the moderator instead of accuse ToonyMan of lying, you're probably scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »

Didn't I just explain?

Why, yes I did.

RTFT

Revives do not happen simultaneously. If two priests attempt to revive the same target, who gets to do the revive is randomly chosen, and the other finds an empty grave.

And since you tried to resolve your flavor inconsistency with ToonyMan by casting doubt at the moderator instead of accuse ToonyMan of lying, you're probably scum.
See, problem is, I dont think like you and I did not think to do that.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 26, 2014, 01:14:50 am »

There is indeed a Necromancer among us.
Thank you for this and the followup information in your later posts.

PFW

IG: So you shot off your 1-shot maybe-revive on someone that wasn't the person you need alive to win?
He's claimed several times that he can't use it on Flabort. Weren't you paying attention?
I must've missed it; was it D1? It makes more sense now.

Also, I don't believe I caused Jack to asplode.
I don't know why you would have heard about it otherwise.

A necromancer is inconsistent with jacks death since necrosis beats ppl up and Jack got burned. So I assume there's a killing scum team.
This may be dumb, but does SuperNat have an Arsonist role? I'm sure it wouldn't be called Arsonist but you know what I mean. It's also not explicitly stated but I don't know that he could be ressed from that, has anyone been brought back from something equally bad (like total dismemberment or something)?

IG: You do see the contradiction in your claim and Toony's, right? One of you is lying.

Bed time for me.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 26, 2014, 02:24:27 am »

Bed time for me.
I forgot to say: Thanks so much Hapah for replacing in for me...As in, so much.
._.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:09 am »

Everyone on the IG lynch
I don't see the contradiction, though IG could have been clearer. He uncovered ZU's face, started the ritual, was disturbed, Toony comes along, digs him up and then revives him. Where's the contradiction?

Incidentally, the only person who hasn't ever voted IG is Toaster, which suggests to me at least that he's probably not scum (or there was some earlier unnecessary bussing going on, which isn't wholly out the question).

Quick Reads

Most Like To Lynch
ToonyMan - Has pressed only two cases, rode the ZU wagon on my suggestion but didn't seem to give it much critical thought. Lots of WIFOM start of day 3 about the scum team being a kill team, focusing the town's attention on IG which is a sideshow.
Hapah - Has pressed only two cases. Currently continuing his IG hunting, which is highly unlikely to lynch us some genuine scum
Toaster - Has only pressed two cases, quite disengaged, would be happy to lynch. Only person who hasn't voted IG.
---
Ottofar - Ottofar started out strong, but his later preoccupation with Flabort seemed a bit off to me.
Persus13 - His final case on Toaster yesterday looks fairly legitimate but his current ZU case is misguided.
Jim Groovester - Pretty solid overall play, lots of attacks, but his sudden leap on to
Sheep - I was suspicious Sheep all yesterday, but that feels misplaced now. His argument against Toony at the end of D2 makes a solid point. I'd know more if one of the two flips.
---
flabort - Flabort is vouched for by Imperial, who I provisionally believe at this time and has investigative info, so would be a poor lynch candidate. His detailed night investigation results suggest he hasn't had his role converted to vampire slave.
Imperial Guardsman - I think his third party claim rings true
zombie urist - Although his alignment might have swapped when he resurrected, it's best to kill the original scum team before we turn on our potential allies
Least Like To Lynch

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 26, 2014, 09:07:14 am »

Also, me making an entire role out of nothing is entirely out of the question. Let me try to make my night as clear as possible without quoting it.

I leave the house and walk to the graveyard, and see the Sexton's grave. I proceed to uncover ZUs face and begin the Blood Ritual of Restoration. My life drains a little, but ZU is beginning to revive. Something blows up and I hear a crackling not long after. I proceed to stop the ritual and run back to my house.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 26, 2014, 10:58:50 am »

Did anyone else hear an explosion last night?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 26, 2014, 11:23:21 am »

@NQT:
Everyone on the IG lynch
I don't see the contradiction, though IG could have been clearer. He uncovered ZU's face, started the ritual, was disturbed, Toony comes along, digs him up and then revives him. Where's the contradiction?
ZU's grave wasn't disturbed when I arrived. I had to do "a good bit of digging" to unearth the body.

Awfully protective of your partner, eh? Your scum read of me went from neutral a week ago into top lynch target? Why is IG better left alive than me?

@ZU:
Did anyone else hear an explosion last night?
The light from the moon "explodes" onto ZU's body. That's it for me.

@IG:
Also, me making an entire role out of nothing is entirely out of the question. Let me try to make my night as clear as possible without quoting it.
I leave the house and walk to the graveyard, and see the Sexton's grave. I proceed to uncover ZUs face and begin the Blood Ritual of Restoration. My life drains a little, but ZU is beginning to revive. Something blows up and I hear a crackling not long after. I proceed to stop the ritual and run back to my house.
Believe you me, I cannot see how that doesn't conflict my claim. If Meph says there's no issues then there's some trickery involved, or you lied without thinking of the possibility that a priest would claim. Now, which do you think I believe is true?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:28 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Imperial Guardsman: Jim Groovester, Hapah, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: notquitethere
zombie urist: Persus13

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 26, 2014, 11:46:08 am »

this is madness
no this is mafia

Okay, you had to do a good bit of digging, yes, to uncover the whole body. If I were a third who interferes with the graveyard, I wouldn't claim a revive, I would let the Priest claim. Im not dumb. My revive failed and yours succeeded, but ZU may have a bit of bad juju. Whos to say I didn't ghoul or demon him and he went into the ground, or meph flubbed up, or you overlooked his face? However, instantly accusing me of being scum? You are too gung ho on scum hunting, you are Too Townie. Also, we know very well that NQT will not stick out his neck for his maf partners and he will sometimes actually bus his partners, so me and NQT being maf is out of the question. Flabort claimed entirely and there is nothing that contradicts my survivor/un-lyncher claim. I for one, think that you are a scum priest or something else with ulterior motives.

Hapah, you seem to not like me at all. I suspect a Lyncher, which is perfectly possible, considering its in the role list, or a hyper tunneling scum. Perhaps look beyond your two cases and actually do some investigation, hmm?

Jim Groovester, you use lots of emotion, mostly anger and hatred, to attempt to crack others and get truth out of them. I have told you everything I know, and you still wish to lynch me. You appear to be a Mafia Ally jumping on a bandwagon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 26, 2014, 12:08:25 pm »

Why would you revive a buried man?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »

Toony
ZU's grave wasn't disturbed when I arrived. I had to do "a good bit of digging" to unearth the body.
Still, he both claimed that he revived ZU AND that the revive failed before you even said anything about being a priest: if he hadn't attempted some kind of revival he wouldn't have claimed the revive in the first place.

Awfully protective of your partner, eh? Your scum read of me went from neutral a week ago into top lynch target? Why is IG better left alive than me?
IG's play and people reactions to him really don't point to him being scum. You on the other hand have been standoffish, narrowly focused AND you're pushing a lynch on the person least likely to be mafia. Obviously my reads are going to change as my understanding of the other players changes.

EVERYONE should we be lynching IG over the Toony-IG conflict? I say no, but I'd be interested to see what others think.

IG, Too Townie is a fallacy, also just because people are voting you doesn't mean they're scum or third party, you're seriously diving off the deep end. It's nice that you think I'm like Humphrey Bogart at the beginning of Casablanca, but really I'm more like Humphrey Bogart at the end of Casablanca: I'll ready to defend the Victor Laszlos of the world and fight the Nazis, even if it means working with a former collaborationist French Policeman. Now are you sure you've told us everything that's relevant? Reread you initial PM and the revival failure PM. Anything you've missed?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »

Im certain.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 80