Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183905 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #765 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:57 am »

Really? I'm trying to stay in good humor about replacing in just to die and I'm being scolded.

It was a shitty joke people. I am a necromancer. That's not a joke. The neck romancer is a joke. My favorite joke. Sorry if I tried to give you all a giggle and just made an ass out of myself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 30, 2014, 05:47:10 am »

A Plan

(Extend)

MOWE claims necromancer. We've got a tool: an additional night kill against the probable cult. Let's not throw away that tool before eking as much as we can out of it.

Let's lynch likely-scum Hapah today, and get MOWE to off targets of our choice. If she kills the wrong person, we can just lynch her tomorrow.

I'd like her to kill Toony: worst case, we'll have gotten rid of a spent town player; best case he's scum like I think. Alternatively, Ottofar the Lurker would be an OK target.

What do people think to this?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 30, 2014, 06:06:09 am »

I'd be willing to comply with this. I don't think my zombie burned Jack so the scum might have a kill. I might not last long if they see I pose a threat. Regardless, my zombie is yours to command everyone.

Extend.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 30, 2014, 06:47:35 am »

Jim
Necromancers can be converted. By Vampire Lords anyway. (See Supernatural 3)
I see your point, but from where I stand if she's only going after the NK targets we select, we'd have to be damned unlucky to pick town targets every time. If there's a cult and we lynch MOWE then we can be certain to have one non-cult killed and one non-cult converted. If we get MOWE to do our bidding then we have a chance not only to kill the actual scum team tonight, but also we might hit a second scum with a necro-kill. What do you think to that?

Meph does the town wincon require just the scum team to be killed, or all threats to town? I.e. if we'd let Jiokuy live until the end, would town have to have killed him as well as the scum team to win?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:43 am »

Relying on SKs to act in our interests instead of their own is never a good idea.

MOWE cannot be trusted to act according to her part of the plan because acting in the town's interests is not the most expedient way to a victory for her. If I were her, I would feign agreement with our plan, and then kill town targets in preparation for getting converted, because that would be a pretty EZPZ way to win.

But, there is an alternative.

Now, this is still a terrible idea, but a necromancer's zombie is a valid night action target. If there was an Illusionist they could target Jiokuy and redirect him to targets of choice.

The problem is, there's no guarantee that there is one or that they are not already converted or that they are capable of good night killing decisions, and if we knew there was one (because they claimed or something like that) then they would be high priority conversion targets. It would be an unreliable gamble. Maybe not as bad as cutting MOWE loose to ignore our bidding, but an unreliable gamble nonetheless.

I think lynching MOWE is still the best option.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 30, 2014, 09:26:11 am »

PFP

Yay I was right about IG.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 30, 2014, 09:55:21 am »

Toony, do you still think killing a necromancer is more important than killing scum when there could be a cult?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 30, 2014, 10:49:17 am »

Meph does the town wincon require just the scum team to be killed, or all threats to town? I.e. if we'd let Jiokuy live until the end, would town have to have killed him as well as the scum team to win?

All threats must be defeated for a town victory.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:38 am »

Really? I'm trying to stay in good humor about replacing in just to die and I'm being scolded.

It was a shitty joke people. I am a necromancer. That's not a joke. The neck romancer is a joke. My favorite joke. Sorry if I tried to give you all a giggle and just made an ass out of myself.
Oh in that case MOWE oppose extend
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 30, 2014, 10:59:00 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
MyOwnWorstEnemy: TheWetSheep, Jim Groovester, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, ToonyMan, zombie urist
Hapah: notquitethere
ToonyMan: MyOwnWorstEnemy

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:20 am »

So MOWE has to be offed at some point.  We have two choices there; lynch her or hope a non-conversion scum team exists and kills her.

Problem 1) A conversion-based scum team.   If they convert MOWE, then they can just kill with her every time the town elects their target incorrectly, then misfire when they don't.  Then we'd have to lynch MOWE anyway, except after townies are dead.

Problem 2) We're forced to trust a SK.  This is someone who wants all the town dead.  She will be constantly looking for a way out of this and to screw us over.  Again, town cannot win while MOWE lives.

You're going to be hard-pressed to convince me that MOWE isn't the best lynch for today.  There MIGHT be a cult, but then are we assuming that a zombie, of all things, caused Jack to burn to a crisp?  I think we had a crosskill instead.

Nah, nah, let's lynch MOWE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 30, 2014, 11:14:22 am »

I'd hoped to get some use out of the necromancer while there was still the possibility of using them to off scum members: we never got that use of Jiokuy.

We definitely need to kill MOWE at some point, she knows that and has little reason to follow through on any overtures of co-operation. But still, this means we'll wake up on D4 without having touched any of the proper scum team.

If there's a hybrid scum team like last time, we'll be at MYLO tomorrow. Scum converted one night, and will kill tonight (assuming there was only one wizard), bringing us down to 4 scum and five non-scum. If Toony is a scum priest and successfully raised ZU as scum and there's a hybrid team, then we'll have lost: scum will have 5 members, town will have 4. Worst case scenario, this could be a very short and frustrating game of Supernatural.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 30, 2014, 11:21:04 am »

What I'm saying is, we really want to kill a member of the scum team today and encourage MOWE to lynch another tonight.

Look at it another way: who opposes the MOWE lynch? Me. Just me. Maybe Ottofar if he was actually playing, but probably not. I, on my lonesome, do not make up a scum team. Doesn't this unanimity strike anyone else as Bloody Suspicious? Scum see a Necromancer as a threat and if attention is wrapped up with MOWE it's not on them and they get another night of doing whatever the hell they like unmolested.

YES we need to kill the necromancer, but it's way more important that we kill the scum team first.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 30, 2014, 11:25:19 am »

Reading now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 30, 2014, 11:26:13 am »

Toony, do you still think killing a necromancer is more important than killing scum when there could be a cult?
Yes. Not even a town vig should be shooting every night. Look at good vig play (my play) in Limerick Mafia. How can we trust a killing third-party role when you can't even rely on a town version? Lynch them.

Here is what I believe:

D1:
Jiokuy the SK Werebear is lynched

N1:
IG resurrected Jiokuy
Jack AT protected the scum team's kill target (he would have been the best conversion target and yet that didn't happen)

D2:
ZU the town sexton is lynched

N2:
Flabort investigated Jiokuy's remains with their sage ability and found necromancer traces
I resurrected ZU back
IG uses his new kill to target Jack
Scum team target Jack

Going over it, I have two questions.

Zombie Urist: Did you get any results Night 1? I forgot if you mentioned it.

Flabort: What were your results Night 1 again?

If there's a hybrid scum team like last time, we'll be at MYLO tomorrow. Scum converted one night, and will kill tonight (assuming there was only one wizard), bringing us down to 4 scum and five non-scum. If Toony is a scum priest and successfully raised ZU as scum and there's a hybrid team, then we'll have lost: scum will have 5 members, town will have 4. Worst case scenario, this could be a very short and frustrating game of Supernatural.
This doesn't work in my perspective, since I can honestly say I am a town priest. And I can confidently say that ZU is town still.

There may still be a scum priest, like in one of the past Supernaturals, but if somebody else claims priest now I'm going to be helluva suspicious of them.

Look at it another way: who opposes the MOWE lynch? Me. Just me. Maybe Ottofar if he was actually playing, but probably not. I, on my lonesome, do not make up a scum team. Doesn't this unanimity strike anyone else as Bloody Suspicious? Scum see a Necromancer as a threat and if attention is wrapped up with MOWE it's not on them and they get another night of doing whatever the hell they like unmolested.
Or maybe you're a cult leader who hasn't been able to convert anybody!!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 80