Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 186262 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #780 on: June 30, 2014, 11:33:44 am »

My zombie didn't kill Jack. Jack was already dead when he got there. There's someone else out there with a kill.

I've accepted my loss. I accepted it the moment I replaced in. I you lynch me, that's fine. If you want to use me as a second lynch and kill me later, I'm fine with that too.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

N1 Jiokuys body went missing.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 30, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »

My zombie didn't kill Jack. Jack was already dead when he got there. There's someone else out there with a kill.
What happens to your zombie friend after you die?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:29 pm »

Hapah: Thoughts on MOWE? How about NQT?
MOWE needs to hang, replacement or not: IG really stepped in it. If he heard Jack explode it was likely his doing, which means at best - at absolute best - he accidentally killed him. I can't believe a word that IG said, and I've got no reason to wipe that slate clean just because there's a different person in the seat. (PPE: Nevermind she's the Necromancer. Gotta lynch it.)

On NQT, it still feels like he knows something I don't. But I'm starting to come to the conclusion that we might just have a disagreement on a fundamental level; and that's not scummy.

Hapah is my top pick for today. His slot has only pressed two cases in the whole game: Tiruin voted Toaster for suggesting 3rd parties side with scum and then votes IG for fakeclaiming priest, and Hapah's been lazily voting IG ever since, D2 and D3. Focusing on 3rd parties is a super scum tell. Having bugger all in the way of cases is a super scum tell. Having cases that make no sense (i.e. Tiruin's) also doesn't help. He's the person we should be lynching.
Yeah, and turns out I was right about his claim being BS too. Funny how that works.

We've got a disagreement on a base level. You are playing with the belief (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you win by killing the biggest threat first; the main scum team. Sure, fine. It is my belief that all threats must be eliminated as they appear, you take what the game gives you. I thought IG's claim was a lie; and claimed third parties telling lies are, in my opinion, threats and good lynch targets. He's now a confirmed Necromancer, and so he needs to die. It's not complicated.

Should everyone with their neck in the noose claim SK so that you can try to play puppetmaster? You've got no way to grab the strings, unless you're in a Cult and have conversions left!

Necromancers can be converted. By Vampire Lords anyway. (See Supernatural 3)

You have to be lynched.

Why are you claiming? You're not playing to your win condition by doing that.

*face palms*
It was a joke... I like dumb jokes and that happens to be one of my favorites since I'm a huge fan of vampires.
If it's a joke, it's not a very funny one. (PPE: Oh I gotcha. The Neck-Romancer was kinda funny, but you really shouldn't have claimed it. Just let it show on the flip, try to make that last-ditch townie appeal)

A Plan

(Extend)

MOWE claims necromancer. We've got a tool: an additional night kill against the probable cult. Let's not throw away that tool before eking as much as we can out of it.

Let's lynch likely-scum Hapah today, and get MOWE to off targets of our choice. If she kills the wrong person, we can just lynch her tomorrow.

I'd like her to kill Toony: worst case, we'll have gotten rid of a spent town player; best case he's scum like I think. Alternatively, Ottofar the Lurker would be an OK target.

What do people think to this?
I disagree with this plan not only because it gets me killed, but because you've got no way to ensure that MOWE goes along with it. I mean, really: what world are you living in where MOWE says "Hell no I won't help, kill me now!"

Jim
I see your point, but from where I stand if she's only going after the NK targets we select, we'd have to be damned unlucky to pick town targets every time. If there's a cult and we lynch MOWE then we can be certain to have one non-cult killed and one non-cult converted. If we get MOWE to do our bidding then we have a chance not only to kill the actual scum team tonight, but also we might hit a second scum with a necro-kill. What do you think to that?

Meph does the town wincon require just the scum team to be killed, or all threats to town? I.e. if we'd let Jiokuy live until the end, would town have to have killed him as well as the scum team to win?
Bolded for emphasis. You've got no leverage, unless we live in a magical land where townsfolk and necromancers can get along MOWE has zero incentive to actually work with you.

Relying on SKs to act in our interests instead of their own is never a good idea.

MOWE cannot be trusted to act according to her part of the plan because acting in the town's interests is not the most expedient way to a victory for her. If I were her, I would feign agreement with our plan, and then kill town targets in preparation for getting converted, because that would be a pretty EZPZ way to win.
This. I hadn't even considered the conversion angle.

Look at it another way: who opposes the MOWE lynch? Me. Just me. Maybe Ottofar if he was actually playing, but probably not. I, on my lonesome, do not make up a scum team. Doesn't this unanimity strike anyone else as Bloody Suspicious? Scum see a Necromancer as a threat and if attention is wrapped up with MOWE it's not on them and they get another night of doing whatever the hell they like unmolested.
Scum see MOWE as a threat because they probably die the same as anyone else. Town see MOWE as a threat because we also die the same as anyone else.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 30, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »

Flabort: What were your results Night 1 again?
Night one was dark omens of evil magic. Valli the Wanderer crossed the Mirror forming the Death's Head, meaning dark magic is really strong right now.

And if you forgot Night zero, we're sitting in the middle of a big honking ley line. One that people have tried to use for their own ends before.

...these pieces don't fit together. Day 1 does not fit with day 3. My puzzle... it's not right. Something is wrong, something doesn't match up. This does not feel correct. MOWG, this information does not fit. Why would you claim that, even if IG's claim of Exile Mage was a fake claim, it made sense. The pieces of the puzzle fit up, Toaster was cult leader, Jim was second cultist, IG was protector. With this new information marking you as the necromancer, your piece changes shape; it doesn't match up with IG's play towards me, it doesn't match up with Toaster being scum, none of these pieces fit right. I'm going to have to reread everything. MOWG, your flip will be vital information. It will make the pieces fit again, one way or another.

Toaster, while my case on you does not change, my gut feelings on you change if MOWG is the necromancer. However, that leaves me with no target after MOWG. Who do you suggest I focus my scumhunting on? Who would you consider to be most towny, and who would you do the least scumhunting on?

Jim, Toony Same question as Toaster, basically.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 30, 2014, 01:39:05 pm »

You have to be lynched.

Why are you claiming? You're not playing to your win condition by doing that.

*face palms*
It was a joke... I like dumb jokes and that happens to be one of my favorites since I'm a huge fan of vampires.
If it's a joke, it's not a very funny one. (PPE: Oh I gotcha. The Neck-Romancer was kinda funny, but you really shouldn't have claimed it. Just let it show on the flip, try to make that last-ditch townie appeal)
I ran out of ideas. No matter what I said, you guys wouldn't believe me. IG dug a hole I can't get out of. I made my appeal to innocence. Everyone still says I'm a liar. No matter what I say, they'll keep thinking I'm a liar.

What happens to your zombie friend after you die?
I have no idea. I would think he dies with me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:29 pm »

Toony
This doesn't work in my perspective, since I can honestly say I am a town priest. And I can confidently say that ZU is town still.
It's still MYLO if there's a hybrid team.

Or maybe you're a cult leader who hasn't been able to convert anybody!!
No.

Well, there's close to three hours until the end of the day. I think you're collectively making a mistake here and I've explained clearly why I think this. I'm disappointed we've got this far in the game and no useful scum-team flips and you're all set on wasting our momentum for today.

In case I die, here's some rough and ready reads.

If I had to shoot from the hip and get the scum team, I'd say:
Toaster
Toony
Hapah
Possible Flabort as convert (have you read what he's been typing?)

I think ZU, Persus, Jim and Sheep are best candidates for being town.

I liked Ottofar Day 1 and hated him ever since, maybe he's converted, maybe he's just busy, his play has plummeted.

If I die in the night, Hapah or Toaster would be a good bet for Day 4. We're probably screwed now anyway.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 30, 2014, 02:45:10 pm »

Flabort: What were your results Night 1 again?
Night one was dark omens of evil magic. Valli the Wanderer crossed the Mirror forming the Death's Head, meaning dark magic is really strong right now.

And if you forgot Night zero, we're sitting in the middle of a big honking ley line. One that people have tried to use for their own ends before.

...these pieces don't fit together. Day 1 does not fit with day 3. My puzzle... it's not right. Something is wrong, something doesn't match up. This does not feel correct. MOWG, this information does not fit. Why would you claim that, even if IG's claim of Exile Mage was a fake claim, it made sense. The pieces of the puzzle fit up, Toaster was cult leader, Jim was second cultist, IG was protector. With this new information marking you as the necromancer, your piece changes shape; it doesn't match up with IG's play towards me, it doesn't match up with Toaster being scum, none of these pieces fit right. I'm going to have to reread everything. MOWG, your flip will be vital information. It will make the pieces fit again, one way or another.

Toaster, while my case on you does not change, my gut feelings on you change if MOWG is the necromancer. However, that leaves me with no target after MOWG. Who do you suggest I focus my scumhunting on? Who would you consider to be most towny, and who would you do the least scumhunting on?

Uh. what? Why are you so certain of these things, or more accurately, why were you so certain about these things? Also, you have a question from me you haven't answered. And why are you buddying Toaster, and asking him who to scumhunt?

Well, there's close to three hours until the end of the day. I think you're collectively making a mistake here and I've explained clearly why I think this. I'm disappointed we've got this far in the game and no useful scum-team flips and you're all set on wasting our momentum for today.

In case I die, here's some rough and ready reads.

If I had to shoot from the hip and get the scum team, I'd say:
Toaster
Toony
Hapah
Possible Flabort as convert (have you read what he's been typing?)

I think ZU, Persus, Jim and Sheep are best candidates for being town.

I liked Ottofar Day 1 and hated him ever since, maybe he's converted, maybe he's just busy, his play has plummeted.

If I die in the night, Hapah or Toaster would be a good bet for Day 4. We're probably screwed now anyway.
Can you provide backup on some of these reads, especially flabort and Toaster?

I agree that I'm disappointed that there hasn't been any scum flips yet, but I'm more concerned about the fact that very few people have focused on anything that hasn't been IG/MOWE. No one is trying to get a good foundation for tomorrow going.

Hapah, Jim: You planning on contributing anything today that doesn't have anything to do with IG/MOWE

Toaster, Jim: Why did you drop your case on TWS today?

TWS, Ottofar: You two still here?

ZU, Toony: Who would be your second lynch pic at this point in time if MOWE wasn't a viable lynch?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

Part of me wants to say that IG, NQT, and Flabort are the scumteam.

If IG is a necromancer, I think we should then look at Persus, TWS, and Toonyman.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 30, 2014, 03:31:22 pm »

Uh. what? Why are you so certain of these things, or more accurately, why were you so certain about these things? Also, you have a question from me you haven't answered. And why are you buddying Toaster, and asking him who to scumhunt?
I'm not certain of these things, the pieces just don't fit. I'm not buddying Toaster, up until now he's been my prime suspect. But this personality change from MOWG has completely shifted all my gut reads, so I'm asking my three previous top scum picks (Toaster, Jim, and Toony) who they think I should focus on, to better read them and others.
I did not know I had an outstanding question from you. Could you please quote this question?
The Cyan Menace

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 30, 2014, 03:40:54 pm »

PFP

NQT:
How could ZU be town if I'm not?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 30, 2014, 03:41:51 pm »

@Flabort:
What the heck are you asking?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 30, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

Toony:

Who would you suggest to focus the most scumhunting on? Who is most towny? Who requires the least scumhunting?
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 30, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »

NQT:
Look at it another way: who opposes the MOWE lynch? Me. Just me. Maybe Ottofar if he was actually playing, but probably not. I, on my lonesome, do not make up a scum team. Doesn't this unanimity strike anyone else as Bloody Suspicious? Scum see a Necromancer as a threat and if attention is wrapped up with MOWE it's not on them and they get another night of doing whatever the hell they like unmolested.

One, there's WIFOM inherent in the question.  Two, Flabort wasn't voting MOWE at the time you said that (though he is now) so it wasn't complete.  Three, you could be opposing it to grandstand.  Four, scum could be on it just to blend in.  Five, it could be in the honest best interest of everyone for a SK to be gone.  Six, maybe Toony is scum and they don't want him offed by MOWE.

In short, no, I don't read anything in that.

Flabort:

My old scum reads still stand (NQT, Toony, you, not ZU any more though) so they're a good place to look.  That said, I'm not going to hold your hand.  You're a big boy; you can find scum on your own.

Persus:
Toaster, Jim: Why did you drop your case on TWS today?

Because we have bigger fish to fry.  I'll be revisiting him tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 30, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »

Flabort:
I'm willing to believe MOWE for now. But one more suspicious act from MyOwnWorstGuardsman (I will use the accronym MOWG for the remainder of the game), and I will return my vote to MOWG in an instant. Thank you for answering those questions.

Unvote.
So, if you aren't going to vote IG/MOWE, what's your alternative to that, aka who do you want lynched today, aka who is your current vote? You have a vote for a reason, use it, don't just let it sit unused. Voting is our greatest weapon.
Even though you have vote MOWE again, who would be your secondary choice to this.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 80