Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 186226 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #795 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:10 pm »

I don't know anymore. I would answer with Toaster, but I don't know anymore.
My gut has ceased it's jumble and says Toaster again, which is good, but I still feel lost and confused about it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 30, 2014, 03:59:58 pm »

I still think MOWE is lying. Being a necromancer makes no sense looking at IG's actions and claims D1. Also, that's a whole lot of flavour to come up with. Which means that there's a pretty big chance that flabort is sinister as well.

TWS I did and your reason sucks and is really lazy. Who are the scummiest people in this game and why?
Oh, actually, my reasoning is in this post. Scummy people are Jim(See 2nd last post D2) and flabort(See above).

Sorry for brevity, I'm sick. Also, Request 4maskwolf Replacement - I'm leaving tomorrow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 30, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

4maskwolf is on site and ready to go.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 30, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »

Night one was dark omens of evil magic. Valli the Wanderer crossed the Mirror forming the Death's Head, meaning dark magic is really strong right now.

Maybe we have an evil wizard scum team. Jack A T getting roasted to a crisp would be in line with this idea.

Toaster, while my case on you does not change, my gut feelings on you change if MOWG is the necromancer. However, that leaves me with no target after MOWG. Who do you suggest I focus my scumhunting on? Who would you consider to be most towny, and who would you do the least scumhunting on?

Jim, Toony Same question as Toaster, basically.

Do your own scumhunting.

IG/MOWE being a necromancer and also not being responsible for Jack A T's kill clarifies things somewhat, so I'll probably be returning to my reads and cases on TheWetSheep/4maskwolf and Persus13. You can look there if you want to be lazy and untownlike.

Hapah, Jim: You planning on contributing anything today that doesn't have anything to do with IG/MOWE

I would have liked to but the day is quickly running out and I won't have the time.

Toaster, Jim: Why did you drop your case on TWS today?

Because IG happened.

I still think MOWE is lying. Being a necromancer makes no sense looking at IG's actions and claims D1. Also, that's a whole lot of flavour to come up with. Which means that there's a pretty big chance that flabort is sinister as well.

Who fakeclaims necromancer?

Really, who fakeclaims necromancer?

It's a tragedy you're replacing out because I won't get your explanation to this question.

Who fucking fakeclaims necromancer?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 30, 2014, 06:27:43 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
MyOwnWorstEnemy: TheWetSheep, flabort, Jim Groovester, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, ToonyMan, zombie urist
Hapah: notquitethere
ToonyMan: MyOwnWorstEnemy

There seems to be little disargreement about who to select this day.

MyOwnWorstEnemy steps forward, a sneer on her face. "Do what you wish, Priest. Your petty gods can only stop me for a time!"

The High Priest scowls at her and draws the symbol of Justice upon her brow. "They will punsish you for such blasphemy!"

She stands there looking expectant for a moment, and then her eyes turn white. Her mouth opens up into a silent scream for a few moment, and then she crumples to the ground. She seems...deflated a bit, as if the substance of her soul is gone with her life.

The High Priest looks grimly down at her body. "A Necromancer for sure. The gods will met out appropriate justice to one who corrupts the natural laws in such a way. She shall not have the vengeance she seeks." He turns to face the rest of you.

"Another threat down. But a greater threat still looms. May the gods keep you safe this night."

Again the compulsion grips you, and you return to your homes.

Night has fallen, send in your actions!

4maskwolf, I'll send you the Night Action PMs that you missed while TheWetSheep was covering for you so you can take over for Night 3.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Night 3
« Reply #800 on: July 02, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

The circle is smaller today. Jim Groovester is not among you.

The High Priest looks grim. "His body was found, burned to ash and bones. The same way that Jack died."

"He was a heathen, it is true, a Lone Witch practicing a nearly dead religion. Be he was a good man, for all of that, and I fear we will miss his council in the days to come."

"Find whoever or whatever is doing this!"

Day 4 has started. I will be out on a camping trip starting Thursday afternoon and won't be back until Monday night, so it will go until ~4pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

Flabort: any new information?
ZU: do you still have sexton powers?  What happened at the graveyard, if anything?

Everyone: I have a claim to make.  There are nine players left in the game, and I can clear at least two of the other players right now.

I am a town seer.  Night one Sheepy inspected Toaster, who revealed benign intent towards the town.  Him, I'm not sure of being cleared, but if there are no cults this game (and massive burns would indicate the lack of a formal cult, but instead some other scum team) then he is in the clear.

Next night, sheepy investigated Toonyman: benign intent.

Last night, I investigated NQT: benign intent.

If you want, I am willing to be lynched to prove this.

As to my strategy: I found myself in possession of a town investigative role.  In order to keep myself from being scumkilled, I intentionally drew attention to myself.  Not enough attention that I would be lynched for my behavior, but just enough that the scum would not choose me as the target for their nightkills.

I think it worked out quite admirably.

Thank you, and goodbye.

Oh, and Persus13.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »

To explain the vote:

There are nine players left.  I do not believe there is a cult, so there are four (including myself) confirmed townies.  ZU is probably not scum and likely town-sided, so no vote going in that direction.  Which leaves four players.  If we mislynch today, it is LYLO tomorrow, so we can afford to lynch them all one by one and see which one isn't scum.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:06 pm »

Flabort: any new information?
Indeedilydoody, neighboroony.

I wanted to find out why Jack was burnt to a crisp, according to my ability. I "swam through a sea" of information, myriad books and texts. As I made connections between various journals and scraps, my heart apparently sank.
The only explanation is a Dark Magus (This was bolded in my PM), a person of "considerable power", who presumably doesn't have town's best interests at heart.
I then don't sleep very well, because while I know my enemy, I may not be able to face someone of that great power.

So this leads me to believe that our scum team is one really strong person, or one strong person and their weak lackey. This is probably not a cult, no. This is, however, a new team for Supernatural, I believe, true to the guesses from the charred corpse.

Toaster, assuming 4mask is telling the truth, you are safe. Sorry for suspecting you.

4mask I don't count as confirmed? OK, I guess not, but I guess this means I have to work harder to maintain your trust.

More in a few minutes.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2014, 01:55:49 pm »

@4maskwolf:
Cool. Because we've eliminated most likely all of the third-party killing roles, the scum team have to reveal their hand. I believe ZU and Flabort are town too so that leaves:

Persus13, Hapah, and Ottofar as our scum team. Anybody have any problems with this? Specifically, the people I'm accusing.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

No graves were disturbed last night. Why didn't you inspect ottofar?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 02, 2014, 02:06:58 pm »

Pfp

There was no kill on N1, so some form of Charismatic Cult seems dangerously possible. That means we need to lynch scum today or lose. I'm not sure whether to believe Wolf's claim just yet (I find Toaster and Toony very suspicious), can anyone corroborate this? Any other info roles out there to shed some light on this?

There's a lot I want to say and respond to here: full follow up coming when I get to a computer.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »

NQT if you believe this to be lylo why aren't you pushing for a massclam?

I have a bad feeling...

Wait the dark Magus is only 1 person. Hmm
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 02, 2014, 02:13:47 pm »

I've mentioned this a lot, but it's possible that Jack AT blocked the N1 kill.

A one-shot conversion is also possible, but then that means we'd only have to watch out for Toaster. We can force him to claim if we have to.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 02, 2014, 02:33:12 pm »

Notquitethere:
In order for your theory to be correct, then the cult would have to be me, Flabort, and quite probably the two people you find suspicious.  However, this implies that Flabort just came up with information for us every day on the fly and used it to connect back into the game.  I highly doubt this, and as such am inclined to save Flabort for last if we lynch everyone else and they are not scum.

I believe that Jack blocked the N1 kill, or that the dark magus has the power to pseudo-cult (taking an apprentice?).  If the dark magus can do culty things N1, then we can't take Toaster for granted as safe.  HOWEVER, the dark magus will be one of the four people who have yet to be revealed.

There is another theory I have, though I'm not sure how much credence to lend to it.  Would it be possible to have a scumteam made up of entirely of disparate third-party killers, meph?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 80