Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183873 times)

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - SIGN-UPS - 13/9 (16 max)
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »

Out

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 10:37:24 am »

Aw I thought he started peppering his posts with the sound of music.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 10:51:23 am »

Im the only person who recognized the KDF symbol his AVI is.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

Well, that was interesting.

I'll leave the signups open until ~4PM Pacific today, at which point I'll start getting the game set up.

Game will start tomorrow morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:48 pm »

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - SET UP
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 09:57:05 am »

In the US its Hokey Pokey.
I will remember this. I hope the theory that new knowledge displaces older knowledge is incorrect...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - SET UP
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 12:45:00 pm »

Dark times have come to this town. Last night five priests were found dead outside the temple.

A message?

The act of a madman?

A declaration of war?

You're not sure. What you do know is that the High Priest has invoked The Pact of Earth and Sky. An ancient ritual, the Pact symbolizes the Duty Man has to the Gods, and the Duty the Gods have to Man. Those of you who have been summoned represent both the Hope for the Town, as well as those who bring it Doom.

While the Ritual is in effect, the Thirteen of you are bound to one another. You cannot act for or against anyone not of the Pact, and you must work together to rid the town of whatever Evil has infested it.

Each day you will deliberate, and at sundown you shall decide one of you who shall die. Choose wisely, and the threat to the town can be eliminated. Choose poorly, and you only hasten your own downfall.

And so you stand in the Chamber of Justice, staring at a circle of faces. You thought you knew one another, but now? Now you cannot be sure who is friend and who is foe.

Good luck to you, and may the Pact bring us all salvation!

Day will end ~4pm Pacific Friday

Fair warning, there is at least one potential new element in the game this time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 12:49:15 pm »

Ottofar:  Would you rather kill scum yourself or get them lynched?

Flabort:  If you were a miller, would you claim it ahead of time?

Jiokuy:  I don't recall playing with you before.  Have you read the previous Supernatural games?

Imperial Guardsman:  What have you learned from the P/KotM games that you will apply here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:43 pm »

Jack A.T. Day 1 most often ends in a mislynch. What are personally going to do to prevent this?

Jim Groovester What style of play does a Supernatural game best suit?

ToonyMan Do you think not voting is ever a scum tell?

flabort Do you trust your own judgements?

Persus13 Do you intend to talk to everyone on Day 1?

notquitethere What's hiding beneath the hood?

Tiruin  Which is the greater town virtue: clarity, suspicion or honesty?

King Toaster What do you think the outcome of D1 will be?

zombie urist If you're a benign third party, would you claim?

4maskwolf Is lynching an absent player a good plan on D1?

Ottofar Who do you think scum will lynch tonight?

Jiokuy You're scum aren't you? Better save us all some time and admit it now.

Imperial Guardsman Are you going to vote for someone today?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 01:43:28 pm »

Jack A.T. Day 1 most often ends in a mislynch. What are personally going to do to prevent this?
notquitethere: I will play like I normally do: hunt for scum, re-evaluate reads constantly/be open to the idea that I'm erring in my reads, and try to make sure that any lynch going through is for good reason.

Hypothetical situation: You're town at 3 person lylo.  One of the other players has posted many, many posts throughout the game, and is always online when others are.  That player's posts, however, are low on game-related content both individually and as a group.  The second player has a job that prevents them from posting much, and usually manages one post per real-time day.  Their posts, however, are high on content and well-reasoned.  Based on that evidence alone, who do you vote to lynch?

Toaster: Of the previous Supernatural scum types, which do you consider the most dangerous?

Jiokuy: I don't recognize you.  Please summarize your previous mafia experience, both on and off this forum.

Ottofar: I remember you.  Still lurky?

Persus13: What did you learn from Supernatural 6, if you can remember that game, that you think you can apply here?

flabort: You stated recently in the Banter thread that you consider yourself to be, in part, a survivalist when it comes to your playstyle, with survivalist defined in a way that focuses on trying to stay alive.  What effect do you think that will have on this game?

Tiruin: What third party type do you most fear?

ToonyMan: What sort of cues will you look for in the flavour each day, if any?

zombie urist: Toaster is the King of the Mafia.  How does this make you feel?

Imperial Guardsman: Which of the players here do you consider most dangerous, assuming you're town and they're scum?  How about if you're scum and they're town?

4maskwolf: As scum, which players here would you most want on your team?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 02:17:48 pm »

Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?

Persus13 Do you intend to talk to everyone on Day 1?
I have no idea. I just make things up as I go along, Indiana Jones style.

Persus13: What did you learn from Supernatural 6, if you can remember that game, that you think you can apply here?
Well it was my second game ever, and the first full game I played. I learned that sometimes you just have to trust someone, sometimes you have to not trust someone, reevaluate what you think you know at least once a day, don't trust Tiruin, don't get on Jim's bad side, avoid posts with ambiguous wording, scumhunting is regarded differently in many ways, sometimes mods forget stuff, some people tend to tunnel when they're scum, don't use cult in a Supernatural game without specifying which type, and don't trust Tiruin.

Also, scum might let slip the scumteam type by repeated insistence that it can't be that.

Toaster: What are your thoughts on the Devil/Demon SK roles?

Notquitethere: What do you think about the Priest role in Supernatural games. If you were a priest, how would you play differently from Supernatural 6?

Toonyman: What Supernatural game is your favorite? Why?

Ottofar: Has any Supernatural game had a sorcerer? If you could choose a role, what would you pick?

4maskwolf: You read any previous Supernatural games? Have any favorites?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »

nqt: if i needed to
jack: like toast
persus: no
pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:  What have you learned from the P/KotM games that you will apply here?
I have seen the various town and mafia tactics of other players and will attempt to remember and apply what I can.
Imperial Guardsman Are you going to vote for someone today?
With proof, or to scumhunt, certainly.
Imperial Guardsman: Which of the players here do you consider most dangerous, assuming you're town and they're scum?  How about if you're scum and they're town?
If I'm Town and they are Scum, NQT, Toaster, and Perseus are my 3 picks for most dangerous.
If I'm Scum, and they are town, NQT role fishes and looks at the claims to see if other peoples claims and arguments are true. Toaster has shown to be extremely competent, from his work in the King of the Mafia game.
Also, not considering the possibility of a Cult or SK is ignorant. If you looked at the past games, you know very well that there is a good possibility of a hostile third being in play.
Jack A.T. for Third Party.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »

Flabort:  If you were a miller, would you claim it ahead of time?

Oh, definitely. I'm not, though.

flabort Do you trust your own judgements?

85% of the time. Yes. Mostly.

flabort: You stated recently in the Banter thread that you consider yourself to be, in part, a survivalist when it comes to your playstyle, with survivalist defined in a way that focuses on trying to stay alive.  What effect do you think that will have on this game?

Same effect it always has: someone will confuse me with scum and I'll get lynched.

Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?

On their victory? No, not really.

Jim Groovester If there is two anti-town teams or a serial killer, what would your response to hunt them be?

Toonyman If there were a kingmaker, and the king had 5 votes to use, would you try to lynch the kingmaker?

Tiruin What power benefits town the most: Information, Death, or Prevention?

Zombie Urist What kind of scum role would you most like to be?

4maskwolf If you were suicidal, would you claim?

Ottofar What kind of faction would you most want to be a part of?

Jiokuy I DO recognize you. Have you ever played on Giant in the Playground forums?

Imperial Gaurdsman If you had two votes on you for no reason given, how would you respond right now?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80