Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183959 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 02:36:50 pm »

Also, not considering the possibility of a Cult or SK is ignorant. If you looked at the past games, you know very well that there is a good possibility of a hostile third being in play.
Jack A.T. for Third Party.
Imperial Guardsman: And is there a reason why you think I'm not considering the possibility of a Cult or SK?
Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?
Persus13: Huh?
Also, scum might let slip the scumteam type by repeated insistence that it can't be that.
How will you tell the difference between legitimate questioning of the scumteam type and scummy false insistence?
flabort: You stated recently in the Banter thread that you consider yourself to be, in part, a survivalist when it comes to your playstyle, with survivalist defined in a way that focuses on trying to stay alive.  What effect do you think that will have on this game?
Same effect it always has: someone will confuse me with scum and I'll get lynched.
flabort: So, how do you intend to make sure people don't think you're scum?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 02:37:58 pm »

NQT:
King Toaster What do you think the outcome of D1 will be?

Going on past experience, derping around, pointless theorycrafting on the nature of the scum team, then a mislynch.  If we're lucky there will be some worthy data points to look back on come D2.

Jack A T:
Toaster: Of the previous Supernatural scum types, which do you consider the most dangerous?

The Vampire Lord type.  Cults are dangerous, especially if the recruits keep their role.

Persus:

Nope.

Toaster: What are your thoughts on the Devil/Demon SK roles?

They're very different.  The Devil is a true outsider, and doesn't care at all about scum/town interplay beyond reasoning who is likely to accept his deals.  He also departs when his wincon is fulfilled and allows the game to continue.

The Demon's just a SK, with all the expected effects on the game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 02:49:32 pm »

Also, not considering the possibility of a Cult or SK is ignorant. If you looked at the past games, you know very well that there is a good possibility of a hostile third being in play.
Jack A.T. for Third Party.
Imperial Guardsman: And is there a reason why you think I'm not considering the possibility of a Cult or SK?
Well, jack, if you WERE, you would have asked me about them!

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

@King Toaster: I play around one game each season. I was last in the battle for Orbfalls.
I've read the first supernatural, and I will be looking forward to reading the rest in the future.
How did you earn your title Lord Toaster?

@notquitethere: Quick to accuse aren't you? Afraid you will slip up and reveal your true nature?

@Jack A T: I'm an intermediate player. I am not a strong scum hunter (primarily due to inexperience), I do however have a strong command of the various mechanics (E.G. obscure roles and things like WiFoM).

@flabort: Alas I have not played on GitP (although I enjoy Oots), however we did play together in the Battle of Orbfalls. ( I was killed night 3 I believe) Did you enjoy the Battle of Orbfalls?(Delays aside)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Imperial Guardsman: What would you consider the tells of a cult? (I have read several games that included them, but never played against a cult myself)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

@Notquitethere:
ToonyMan Do you think not voting is ever a scum tell?
Yes. A vote is usually the only thing town can use to kill scum.

@Jack A T:
ToonyMan: What sort of cues will you look for in the flavour each day, if any?
I don't know. I can't remember being able to do well just from reading flavor in Supernatural.

Have a wild guess in what this potential new element is?

@Persus13:
I bet it's a cult with something random thrown in.

Toonyman: What Supernatural game is your favorite? Why?
Supernatural Mafia 4. I wasn't in this game, however there were devils and demons and everybody died horribly.

Also this happened.

In terms of my past history with Supernatural:

Supernatural 6 - Town Warlock who got totally owned by a super overpowered mafia team. My first lose.
Supernatural 5 - Incredibly bizarre game that ends up stalling and dying, the outcome is a draw I think. I started as a Town Knight and ended up getting revived by a Werewolf Priest to become a Werewolf Knight. My scum buddies were Orangebottle, Tiruin, and Think0028 who was replaced by Flandre who was replaced by Webadict.
Supernatural 4 - not in
Supernatural 3 - not in
Supernatural 2 - Cult Sexton with scum buddies Toaster and Org, I randomly lied about seeing something that turned out to be true, scum win after Toaster gets us the victory. I did not survive again.
Supernatural 1 - Human Vampire Hunter in a game with no vampires, town win though I did not survive.

Out of a total of 4 games I've finished so far:

2 wins - one as town, one as mafia
1 lose - as town
1 draw - as mafia

@flabort:
Toonyman If there were a kingmaker, and the king had 5 votes to use, would you try to lynch the kingmaker?
Uh, if I thought they were scum, yes.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 03:09:55 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?

Jiokuy: Alright.  Where have you played before?

Have a wild guess in what this potential new element is?
ToonyMan: One possibility is a new scumteam type, likely undead or religious in nature.  However, I lean more towards a new role (whether possibly town or third party) with ties to the temple (our situation is centred around the temple and clergy), fitting the "potential" part better.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 03:11:27 pm »

@Imperial Guardsman: What would you consider the tells of a cult? (I have read several games that included them, but never played against a cult myself)
NO cultist wants ANY buddy of his to die. A good giveaway of a cult is a stupidly strong attachment with each other. Vote one cultist, the rest of his buddies come to defend. Cultists rely on secrecy, and if that secrecy is lost, its not uncommon for the town and an exposed maf, or town and other thirds, or maf and thirds to team up to take the cult down.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »

flabort: You stated recently in the Banter thread that you consider yourself to be, in part, a survivalist when it comes to your playstyle, with survivalist defined in a way that focuses on trying to stay alive.  What effect do you think that will have on this game?
Same effect it always has: someone will confuse me with scum and I'll get lynched.
flabort: So, how do you intend to make sure people don't think you're scum?
By continuing to improve myself and my tactics, and asking less dumb questions and more smart questions.

@flabort: Alas I have not played on GitP (although I enjoy Oots), however we did play together in the Battle of Orbfalls. ( I was killed night 3 I believe) Did you enjoy the Battle of Orbfalls?(Delays aside)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah! That's why your name is familiar. Yes, it was quite fun. I learned a lot from that one alone.

@flabort:
Toonyman If there were a kingmaker, and the king had 5 votes to use, would you try to lynch the kingmaker?
Uh, if I thought they were scum, yes.
Good enough. However, if they were lazy town and kept appointing confirmed scum as king, would that change your mind?
Would you lynch any form of lazy town that was being helpful to scum?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

4maskwolf Is lynching an absent player a good plan on D1?
We've had this argument before.  I don't like it, but I'm not going to push the issue.  We've had a difference of opinions since GBU and it isn't going to change now.

4maskwolf: As scum, which players here would you most want on your team?
Erm...
*checks players list*
NQT and Tiruin: both strong players who I've seen play in the past.

4maskwolf: You read any previous Supernatural games? Have any favorites?
Nope.  Moving on.

4maskwolf If you were suicidal, would you claim?
Depends on if you mean in real life or in game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »

Lol quoting fail.
4maskwolf Is lynching an absent player a good plan on D1?
We've had this argument before.  I don't like it, but I'm not going to push the issue.  We've had a difference of opinions since GBU and it isn't going to change now.

4maskwolf: As scum, which players here would you most want on your team?
Erm...
*checks players list*
NQT and Tiruin: both strong players who I've seen play in the past.

4maskwolf: You read any previous Supernatural games? Have any favorites?
Nope.  Moving on.

4maskwolf If you were suicidal, would you claim?
Depends on if you mean in real life or in game.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?
It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 06:39:11 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Jack A.T.: ToonyMan
Jiokuy: notquitethere
Ottofar: Jack A.T.
zombie urist: flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2014, 06:47:14 pm »

It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS
Imperial Guardsman: I did ask about third parties.  I asked Tiruin about what third party type she feared the most.  You seemed to be focusing on the fact that I didn't specifically ask you about third parties.

As a side note, for the purposes of Supernatural, I consider cult to be one of the types of main scumteam (these games have tended to have either a classic mafia team and third parties or a cult team and third parties), and to fall within the general "scum" umbrella.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: I did ask about third parties.  I asked Tiruin about what third party type she feared the most.  You seemed to be focusing on the fact that I didn't specifically ask you about third parties.
where

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 09:01:03 pm »

where
Imperial Guardsman: In my first post in this thread.  Here's a quote:
Tiruin: What third party type do you most fear?
How carefully did you read my initial post?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 80