Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183941 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:30 am »

Ottofar Why do you think Jiokuy or Wolf are most likely to die today?

Jiokuy, if he's not familiar with the playstyle here. Now that I read this thread, he seems to have played here before. Also, with the funeral and PFPing he won't likely do anything stupid.
4maskwolf, on the other hand, because question dodging, no matter how trivial is annoying at best. Also, one could argue that there could be a slippery slope on that. Also, the latest post.

maskwolf

4maskwolf If you were suicidal, would you claim?
Depends on if you mean in real life or in game.

Hmm... nothing really stands out right now, Toaster.  How would you answer this question?

Answer the questions, will you. Also, deflectish, this latter one.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

maskwolf

4maskwolf If you were suicidal, would you claim?
Depends on if you mean in real life or in game.

Hmm... nothing really stands out right now, Toaster.  How would you answer this question?

Answer the questions, will you. Also, deflectish, this latter one.
Hi there Ottofar.

First of all, what the hell do you mean by the first question.  If I had a better idea then I could answer it.

Okay, for the second question, how about this:
Wolf
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.
4mask:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now
Well of course nothing's going to stand out if you don't press people. I'd like to see you talk with everyone so when you flip scum I can better root out your scum mates. Read the thread and use your imagination: what's the scummiest thing?
This bullshit here.  NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.  On top of that, he makes the assumption that I am scum, and it is a long leap from ignoring one question to being confirmed scum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

Wolf
This bullshit here.  NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.  On top of that, he makes the assumption that I am scum, and it is a long leap from ignoring one question to being confirmed scum.
You're more than capable of talking to everyone on Day 1. I think any of you could potentially be scum and I want to wring as much content out of everyone. You seem awfully jumpy. So, are you going to ask everyone a question or what?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2014, 10:44:08 am »

Wolf
You're more than capable of talking to everyone on Day 1. I think any of you could potentially be scum and I want to wring as much content out of everyone. You seem awfully jumpy. So, are you going to ask everyone a question or what?
That was also my first game as scum and I felt like blending in with the crowd, I might note.  My strategy has since shifted quite dramatically.  You forgot to link the game you personally ran in which I did basically nothing day 1 and then found the converter through process of elimination the following day.  And as I am quite busy right now doing other things, no, I won't ask questions at the moment.  Perhaps later today.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2014, 11:03:05 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: notquitethere, Ottofar
Jack A.T.: ToonyMan
Ottofar: Jack A.T.
Toaster: 4maskwolf
zombie urist: flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2014, 01:02:26 pm »

If I think the lower post count person is more engaged in the game as a game of mafia and there was literally nothing else to go on, I'd vote the mass poster, but more generally scum are almost never the most frequent posters (last year, by my count, only one game had scum as the most frequent poster). What would you do in that situation?
NQT: I'd vote for the high-post count, low-content player.  Through playing many games, I've come to the conclusion that the primary factors leading to any given player's post count are their real life situation (see: Pandarsenic and midterms, NativeForeigner and his job, Tiruin and bad internet...) and their personality.  What times other players play is also a significant factor.

My prior experience (including, among other things, both having seen scum being the most frequent posters and having been the most frequent poster as scum) has left me regarding alignment as less of a factor.

I modeled both hypothetical players around people I've played with.  The high-post count, low-content player is based on SaintDraze as scum.  He tended to have very high post counts for the times he lived to (sometimes being the top poster), but most of those posts were things like smiley dumps and bacon jokes, and he'd constantly double/triple/quadruple post.  The low-post count, high-content player is based on a way NativeForeigner often plays whether town or scum.

Your answer, by indicating some thought with regard to post counts and activity beyond your stats, has lessened my worries about you a bit.

Jack
Ottofar: I remember you.  Still lurky?
I try not to.
Ottofar: Good.  As a townie, which two players here would you most want on the same side as you?  As a cultist?

Another question: at the time that you FoSed me, Toaster's only post had RVS questions, but none about third parties.  Were you aware of this?  If so, what made you choose to single me out?
No, I was not aware.
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?

NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.
4maskwolf: So, what exactly is it that is so wrong with trying to get people to talk?  Is Day 1 so abhorrent to you that the act of trying to make you contribute during it is somehow scummy?  Basically, what makes this specific point evidence against NQT?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2014, 01:16:11 pm »

Imperial Guardsman, you missed my question: why do you think Jack is third party?
He didnt ask about one, not wanting to bring it up to the attention of others, I would assume?
Imperial Guardsman:  That's not really an answer to my question.
Then thats unfortunate.
Another question: at the time that you FoSed me, Toaster's only post had RVS questions, but none about third parties.  Were you aware of this?  If so, what made you choose to single me out?
No, I was not aware.
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?
Yes.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:27 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: ... Why were you reading only things addressed to you?  Are you still only doing so?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: ... Why were you reading only things addressed to you?  Are you still only doing so?
I prefer to leave scumhunting to others and apply what I learn to the capabilities of the particular role I recieve and use what I have learned to scan for targets or people to accuse. I will check what everyone else is saying.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »

Where is Tiruin, as it happens?
Isn't it too early to chase lurkers?

ZU
nqt: if i needed to
Phone post. I've been there. Do you think you're going to be engaged enough with the game to be able to give your reads on Friday?
Probably.

Zombie Urist What kind of scum role would you most like to be?
SK of some sort.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  One more question: Before you joined your first Bay 12 Mafia game, you stated that you had "read up on a lot of guides" to determine the difference between online and offline Mafia.  Were these guides from the EpicMafia wiki, by any chance?  If you can't remember, feel free to say so.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2014, 01:56:30 pm »

Hooray free day tomorrow. Will get a post in soon-ish. Bleak weather + bleak rain + bleak self = not good.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2014, 02:03:28 pm »

@_@
Ottofar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Toaster: In addition to improving my general skills, I have learned to be less hesitant in using my role powers. (I died with 2 1-shots unused last game)

notquitethere: I'm a slow voter, I tend to FoS till I've got reasonable suspicion.(I've played&seen a bit too many games with hammering cut short with suspicion votes.) I won't go a day without voting though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »

Flabort:
Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?

On their victory? No, not really.
Supernatural in the past has had three different flavors of scum teams. Werewolves (Regular Mafia), Vampires (cult), and Cult (Regular Mafia with some perks). Each has appeared in two games so far.

I like to speculate what the scum team will be. Last Supernatural I predicted that the scum team would be Cult flavor, and I happened to be right. I was wondering who would be willing to hazard a guess, as those guesses could provide me with information (albeit WIFOMy information) once the scum team is revealed.

Jack
Persus13: Huh?
See above response to flabort.

Also, scum might let slip the scumteam type by repeated insistence that it can't be that.
How will you tell the difference between legitimate questioning of the scumteam type and scummy false insistence?
If it seems overdone or they get really worked about a small thing, although context and whether or not the player already seems scummy are also factors I'll have to include in my judgements.

Toaster
Toaster: What are your thoughts on the Devil/Demon SK roles?

They're very different.  The Devil is a true outsider, and doesn't care at all about scum/town interplay beyond reasoning who is likely to accept his deals.  He also departs when his wincon is fulfilled and allows the game to continue.

The Demon's just a SK, with all the expected effects on the game.
Would you rather be a Demon or a Devil? What has your favorite role (that you played) been from the past Supernatural games you've played?

Persus:  Let's say you are an Oracle, and can see what faction a player belongs to.  You inspect someone N1 and get a result that's never been seen in a Super game so far.  Would you claim it?
Yes, unless they claimed Miller at the start of the game. Then I'd wait a day to get more info before claiming. If I got a new result, they're still probably scum or third party.

Toonyman:
@Persus13:
Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?
I bet it's a cult with something random thrown in.
flavor cult or converter cult?

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?
It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS
How is that suspicious? Half of the players probably haven't mentioned third parties in their questions.

You and Jack's conversation is making me wonder if you just skimmed the thread looking for something scummy to attack someone on. I find that scummy.

Notquitethere:
Notquitethere: What do you think about the Priest role in Supernatural games. If you were a priest, how would you play differently from Supernatural 6?
I'd be tempted to resurrect early like before, as I'm always worried about dying before I get to use my powers, but maybe I'd wait and resurrect someone who was competent and had a useful role this time. How would you treat a Priest role?
Probably the similar to the way you mentioned, although I'd be worried about the resurrection going wrong. Solifuge managed to get a third-party win because of a bad rez in S4? or one of those games.

Ottofar:
Persus
Ottofar: Has any Supernatural game had a sorcerer? If you could choose a role, what would you pick?
Not as far as I recall, could be mistaken though. Why don't you go check yourself?
I didn't want to trawl through 150+ pages to find out, and was hoping someone with more Supernatural experience would know.

4maskwolf
Wolf
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.
4mask:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now
Well of course nothing's going to stand out if you don't press people. I'd like to see you talk with everyone so when you flip scum I can better root out your scum mates. Read the thread and use your imagination: what's the scummiest thing?
You're getting really mad at a D1 pressure vote? That is scummy.

Also, just because you don't like D1 doesn't mean you shouldn't talk. I don't like D1 all that much, but I tend to try and get as much information as possible out of it. Not talking in Day 1 doesn't solve the problem of no information, it just makes it worse. If everyone didn't talk D1, it would basically cause D2 to be a D1.

You forgot to link the game you personally ran in which I did basically nothing day 1 and then found the converter through process of elimination the following day.  And as I am quite busy right now doing other things, no, I won't ask questions at the moment.  Perhaps later today.
Yeah, but CYOM was extremely focused on roles and logic then just scumhunting. This game has some focus on roles and role powers, but the focus remains on scumhunting. Most mass-claims in this game type are usually D3 or D4, so process of elimination won't really work for you until then or later, assuming you aren't dead by then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  One more question: Before you joined your first Bay 12 Mafia game, you stated that you had "read up on a lot of guides" to determine the difference between online and offline Mafia.  Were these guides from the EpicMafia wiki, by any chance?  If you can't remember, feel free to say so.
EM and Mafiascum, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 80