Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183916 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2014, 02:43:51 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?
It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS
How is that suspicious? Half of the players probably haven't mentioned third parties in their questions.

You and Jack's conversation is making me wonder if you just skimmed the thread looking for something scummy to attack someone on. I find that scummy.
You are accousting me for a random attack during RVS? is this actually serious?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2014, 03:08:27 pm »

EM and Mafiascum, yes.
Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  That explains the EpicMafia tells you've been dropping (night power obsession, twitchy day game with a lean away from actually hunting scum...).  Bit of advice: avoid EpicMafia.  It is a cesspool, and it also uses a very different Mafia format (chatroom-based, which leads to a different play style).

I can't say I'm all that impressed by Persus's attack (I find the idea of scum with over a year of Bay 12 Mafia experience skimming the thread at the very start of LYLO in search of something scummy to attack someone on a bit ridiculous), but this is certainly quite the response.

You carried out an attack, and until now, you have portrayed it as serious and based on perceived evidence.  You don't get to declare it "random" and not worthy of attacks now that you're under attack for it, Imperial Guardsman.  Why pretend it was just "random" now?

Persus13: Alright.  To answer your initial question, if we end up with one of those scumteam types, I'm guessing not the werewolves.  Day flavour fits the cult and the vampires better, I think, with the focus on the temple.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »

4mask:
4mask:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now, Toaster.  How would you answer this question?

Right now, this answer and turnaround feels really lazy to me.

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?
Yes.

This is extremely lazy.

Imperial Guardsman: ... Why were you reading only things addressed to you?  Are you still only doing so?
I prefer to leave scumhunting to others and apply what I learn to the capabilities of the particular role I recieve and use what I have learned to scan for targets or people to accuse. I will check what everyone else is saying.

So is this.

Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  One more question: Before you joined your first Bay 12 Mafia game, you stated that you had "read up on a lot of guides" to determine the difference between online and offline Mafia.  Were these guides from the EpicMafia wiki, by any chance?  If you can't remember, feel free to say so.
EM and Mafiascum, yes.

Take everything you learned from Epic Mafia and throw it away; their suggestions vary from "useless" to "actively detrimental."

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?
It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS
How is that suspicious? Half of the players probably haven't mentioned third parties in their questions.

You and Jack's conversation is making me wonder if you just skimmed the thread looking for something scummy to attack someone on. I find that scummy.

And here you tip your hand; by questioning Jack's attack on you, you reveal that not only your attack on him is random, but probably also not even serious.

So why don't you clarify things for us?  Who do you actually suspect, and why?

Persus:
Supernatural in the past has had three different flavors of scum teams. Werewolves (Regular Mafia), Vampires (cult), and Cult (Regular Mafia with some perks). Each has appeared in two games so far.

To clarify a bit, the Cult and the Werewolf are both regular Mafia teams with roles taken from the town list, but with some team-specific roles (Charismatic Cultist and Werewolf Leader we've seen.)

Toaster
Toaster: What are your thoughts on the Devil/Demon SK roles?

They're very different.  The Devil is a true outsider, and doesn't care at all about scum/town interplay beyond reasoning who is likely to accept his deals.  He also departs when his wincon is fulfilled and allows the game to continue.

The Demon's just a SK, with all the expected effects on the game.
Would you rather be a Demon or a Devil? What has your favorite role (that you played) been from the past Supernatural games you've played?

Devil, probably.  It's a very different game, where you have to predict what individual players are going to do in response to your offers.

Favorite role I've been?  Hmm...

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Probably the Necromancer or Devil.  I'm really not that good at vigging; I hit scum far more often if I'm a SK.  The Necromancer is a "safe" SK, since it's immune to trackers, watchers, PGOs, redirects, and even roleblockers.

Jack:  I can tell you right now that trying to figure out the scum team from the intro flavor isn't going to work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »

NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.
4maskwolf: So, what exactly is it that is so wrong with trying to get people to talk?  Is Day 1 so abhorrent to you that the act of trying to make you contribute during it is somehow scummy?  Basically, what makes this specific point evidence against NQT?
It isn't a point of evidence so much as it is a note that NQT should know better by now, so either he is really persistent or is trying to seem more active than he actually is.  I'm leaning towards the first, since his first question to me was a point we have debated previously.

4maskwolf
Wolf
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now
Well of course nothing's going to stand out if you don't press people. I'd like to see you talk with everyone so when you flip scum I can better root out your scum mates. Read the thread and use your imagination: what's the scummiest thing?
This bullshit here.  NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.  On top of that, he makes the assumption that I am scum, and it is a long leap from ignoring one question to being confirmed scum.
You're getting really mad at a D1 pressure vote? That is scummy.

Also, just because you don't like D1 doesn't mean you shouldn't talk. I don't like D1 all that much, but I tend to try and get as much information as possible out of it. Not talking in Day 1 doesn't solve the problem of no information, it just makes it worse. If everyone didn't talk D1, it would basically cause D2 to be a D1.

You forgot to link the game you personally ran in which I did basically nothing day 1 and then found the converter through process of elimination the following day.  And as I am quite busy right now doing other things, no, I won't ask questions at the moment.  Perhaps later today.
Yeah, but CYOM was extremely focused on roles and logic then just scumhunting. This game has some focus on roles and role powers, but the focus remains on scumhunting. Most mass-claims in this game type are usually D3 or D4, so process of elimination won't really work for you until then or later, assuming you aren't dead by then.
Mad?  Point out where I am mad?  Me calling it bullshit was calling a spade a spade.

I do talk on Day One.  Otherwise I would be ignoring you all right now.  However, in a game such as this, there isn't the massive time crunch that I felt in KotM, so I am content to observe Day One.

If something jumps out at me, I'll chase it.  Otherwise, I will answer the questions of others without asking my own.  I'm sorry if that bothers you all.

I was pointing out the CYOM thing in response to his using my RVS in GBU as an example for his point, not to say that I can repeat what I did in CYOM all over again.

But as you insist:

Notquitethere: Why did you decide to waste a question bringing up a point we have argued to death already?  The question about lynching inactives.

Ottofar: Watch yourself, bud.  You had plenty of time to level an attack against me before NQT launched his salvo, as proven by the fact that you made the first two posts before his earlier in what is for me the morning.  However, you wait until AFTER NQT has voted me, then immediately jump on the 4mask lynching train.  This smacks of scumminess to me.  Not bandwagoning, per se, but you didn't want to be seen as leading a town lynch if by some bizarre twist of fate a RVS lynch went through.  Enough to put a mark in your book, certainly.

I'll get back to you all in a bit.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

4mask:
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now, Toaster.  How would you answer this question?

Right now, this answer and turnaround feels really lazy to me.
If you find it suspicious, then use your vote.  The lynch is the weapon of the town.

Since you responded, I can switch my vote to Ottofar, for reasons stated in my previous post.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »

EM and Mafiascum, yes.
Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  That explains the EpicMafia tells you've been dropping (night power obsession, twitchy day game with a lean away from actually hunting scum...).  Bit of advice: avoid EpicMafia.  It is a cesspool, and it also uses a very different Mafia format (chatroom-based, which leads to a different play style).

I can't say I'm all that impressed by Persus's attack (I find the idea of scum with over a year of Bay 12 Mafia experience skimming the thread at the very start of LYLO in search of something scummy to attack someone on a bit ridiculous), but this is certainly quite the response.

You carried out an attack, and until now, you have portrayed it as serious and based on perceived evidence.  You don't get to declare it "random" and not worthy of attacks now that you're under attack for it, Imperial Guardsman.  Why pretend it was just "random" now?
Word of advice, if its Day 1 attack, its random.
And, after going back to look at the games, there are 3 SKs. the Devil, Demon, and the Necromancer. The Devil wants 3 souls, so he can win and fuck off. The Demon wants us all dead. ( might be mixing them up. ) the Necromancer wants us all dead, but can open up chat with a dead player of their choice, alerts the Sexton the minute he decides to raise a zombie, and begins his work a day late. I also notice the Cult, Vampires, and Werewolf scum teams. After taking a good look at the flavor, and the people playing, I will take a guess and assume the Cult is the mafia team, and our SK is the Necromancer.

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?
Yes.

This is extremely lazy.

How so?

Imperial Guardsman: ... Why were you reading only things addressed to you?  Are you still only doing so?
I prefer to leave scumhunting to others and apply what I learn to the capabilities of the particular role I recieve and use what I have learned to scan for targets or people to accuse. I will check what everyone else is saying.

So is this.

You will see how this works in the future.
Imperial Guardsman: Alright.  One more question: Before you joined your first Bay 12 Mafia game, you stated that you had "read up on a lot of guides" to determine the difference between online and offline Mafia.  Were these guides from the EpicMafia wiki, by any chance?  If you can't remember, feel free to say so.
EM and Mafiascum, yes.

Take everything you learned from Epic Mafia and throw it away; their suggestions vary from "useless" to "actively detrimental."

Ill try.

Imperial Guardsman:

Its RVS, Random attacks to find a players stance on the situation, and more importantly, HIS REACTION TO THE ATTACKS are important.

And here you tip your hand; by questioning Jack's attack on you, you reveal that not only your attack on him is random, but probably also not even serious.

So why don't you clarify things for us?  Who do you actually suspect, and why?
Jack seems like the guy who will act inno and seem inno all game and then something turns around, makes him a baddie, and fucks us, or he was bad all along. 4mask seems bluh. There is something off with him. I will be watching him.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »

Imperial
EM and Mafiascum, yes.

And, after going back to look at the games, there are 3 SKs. the Devil, Demon, and the Necromancer. The Devil wants 3 souls, so he can win and fuck off. The Demon wants us all dead. ( might be mixing them up. ) the Necromancer wants us all dead, but can open up chat with a dead player of their choice, alerts the Sexton the minute he decides to raise a zombie, and begins his work a day late. I also notice the Cult, Vampires, and Werewolf scum teams. After taking a good look at the flavor, and the people playing, I will take a guess and assume the Cult is the mafia team, and our SK is the Necromancer.

And you say this because?  Toaster JUST SAID that the flavor does not lend itself to determining the scumteam.  And what do you mean by "the people playing"

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »

Imperial
EM and Mafiascum, yes.

And you say this because?  Toaster JUST SAID that the flavor does not lend itself to determining the scumteam.  And what do you mean by "the people playing"
Toaster isn't the host. 4mask, its not easy for me to describe, but you are just off. And, there is a difference in play style between a normal maf team, a cultafia, and a pseudo cult team.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 03:25:58 pm »

Unvote Jack A T

@Jack A T:
Have a wild guess in what this potential new element is?
ToonyMan: One possibility is a new scumteam type, likely undead or religious in nature.  However, I lean more towards a new role (whether possibly town or third party) with ties to the temple (our situation is centred around the temple and clergy), fitting the "potential" part better.
Makes sense.

@flabort:
@flabort:
Toonyman If there were a kingmaker, and the king had 5 votes to use, would you try to lynch the kingmaker?
Uh, if I thought they were scum, yes.
Good enough. However, if they were lazy town and kept appointing confirmed scum as king, would that change your mind?
Would you lynch any form of lazy town that was being helpful to scum?
If I didn't know they were actually town then yeah, lynch their lazy scum self.

@Notquitethere:
Toony
Yes. A vote is usually the only thing town can use to kill scum.
I'm glad we're of an accord on this point.

Is there anything from your long Supernatural experience that we should be aware of?
Converts are super dangerous and priest revives seem to work in that team's favor more often than not.

@Persus13:
Toonyman:
@Persus13:
Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?
I bet it's a cult with something random thrown in.
flavor cult or converter cult?
Probably just flavor cult.  <---wishful thinking

4maskwolf and Imperial Guardsman, what's the deal here?

I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.  That should answer your question.
Can you think of why this isn't actually a good thing?

Yes.
Is this because of a lack of time or lack of interest/effort?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

Imperial
EM and Mafiascum, yes.

Toaster isn't the host. 4mask, its not easy for me to describe, but you are just off. And, there is a difference in play style between a normal maf team, a cultafia, and a pseudo cult team.
On the other hand, Toaster has played in (all?) of the supernatural games, all of which are run by the same mod.  I'm going to trust his word on this and this alone.

Everyone else who has played supernatural: Is Toaster right?  Is it difficult to impossible to determine the scumteam from looking at the opening flavortext?

PPE:
4maskwolf and Imperial Guardsman, what's the deal here?

I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.  That should answer your question.
Can you think of why this isn't actually a good thing?
In a word: time.  I simply don't have the time or attention to maintain conversations with everyone at once.  So I pick and choose the battles that I fight.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2014, 03:28:17 pm »

Yes.
Is this because of a lack of time or lack of interest/effort?
Time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »

Everyone else who has played supernatural: Is Toaster right?  Is it difficult to impossible to determine the scumteam from looking at the opening flavortext?
Quickpost: Yes. In Meph's games, the flavor of how the target is killed usually signifies what the killer is, but not what role in exact. Like werewolves do the rippy killy thing. Cultists go stabby stabby and Monster Hunters usually go sword and slash.

Excuse my brevity. 4am.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2014, 03:30:56 pm »

Quickpost: Yes. In Meph's games, the flavor of how the target is killed usually signifies what the killer is, but not what role in exact. Like werewolves do the rippy killy thing. Cultists go stabby stabby and Monster Hunters usually go sword and slash.

Excuse my brevity. 4am.
I thought the cultists were either stab, head chop, or CORE YOUR SOUL LIKE A FUCKING APPLE

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2014, 03:37:25 pm »

It's mostly stab.
Also, language kid. Watch your mouth.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »

It's mostly stab.
Also, language kid. Watch your mouth.
K
Also, then why is it that I have only seen stab like 2-3 times, when I see chopchop much more? And, doesnt the flavor omit the
uh
integrity of the body when day breaks?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 80