Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183961 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

Check last Supernatural. I was a werewolf(?) cultist there. Flavor was fun but the common clues persist.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

Check last Supernatural. I was a werewolf(?) cultist there. Flavor was fun but the common clues persist.
Wait. So that would either imply a third party cult or competing mafia.
But
no
Oh god, headache.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:39 pm »

Quick post just to address the flavor issue.

Here are the intro posts from Supers 2, 3, and 5:

Spoiler: Super 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Super 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Super 5 (click to show/hide)

Compare the flavor; pretty similar, isn't it?  Three different scum teams, though- cult, vampires, and werewolves.  Looking to intro flavor isn't going to help you.

That said, we seem to have broken into two separate discussions here.  Intro flavor; no, there's nothing there.  Kill flavor; now that is potentially informational.  Cults sacrifice their victims, Werewolves eat them, Demons play with the corpses, Zombies beat them to death bloodily, Monster Hunters kill and leave.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2014, 03:47:01 pm »

Monster Hunters kill and leave.
THAT IS NOT IMFORMATIONAL AT ALL

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:41 pm »

Wolf
That was also my first game as scum and I felt like blending in with the crowd, I might note.  My strategy has since shifted quite dramatically.  You forgot to link the game you personally ran in which I did basically nothing day 1 and then found the converter through process of elimination the following day.  And as I am quite busy right now doing other things, no, I won't ask questions at the moment.  Perhaps later today.
As others have pointed out, the I'm just going to sit back attitude is unhelpful and is likely to get you and IG lynched. If you're town, you should do your share of the heavy lifting. Looks like you've got something of substance in your move on Ottofar, I hope you don't forget about everyone else while you're at it.

Notquitethere: Why did you decide to waste a question bringing up a point we have argued to death already?  The question about lynching inactives.
If you'd have been in favour I'd have thought you scum. Was testing your consistency. Also, if you were completely disproportionate in your response I'd have raised an eyebrow. Also, it's not as if questions are a scarce resource I have to try not to waste...

Imperial, Tiruin, Zombie Urist, Jiokuy, Jim, Flabort
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »

I thought victims of a flavor Cult disappeared?

Imperial Guardsman:
You are accousting me for a random attack during RVS? is this actually serious?
When I see something odd I question it. I fail to see how Jack's not asking you a question to do with third-parties means he is a third party himself. Since I don't understand that leap  plus you dived into the game attacking someone for something I don't understand and admitted you haven't been reading everything lead me to wonder if you were lazy scum. I've last seen you play well as town in Prince Mafia,  but you didn't do as well in Round 3 as scum, so I felt your town game was better than your scum game, another reason you might have been lazy scum. I voted you because it would put pressure on you, and so you were more likely to notice my question, which you didn't answer. Now, why is Jack not asking about third-parties suspicious instead of oversight or focusing on going after the mafia/cult team we are facing?

I will take a guess and assume the Cult is the mafia team, and our SK is the Necromancer.
Long as it's a guess, don't take too much stock in D1 assumptions.

I thought the cultists were either stab, head chop, or CORE YOUR SOUL LIKE A FUCKING APPLE
Can you specify whether you mean flavor cult or converter cult? I always find it confusing when people don't specify.

Toaster:
Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Why would I specifically ask you?  Why not, say, ask Tiruin about her most feared third party type?
It just seems suspicious to avoid asking about thirds IN A SETUP THAT HAS A STUPIDLY HIGH CHANCE OF THIRDS
How is that suspicious? Half of the players probably haven't mentioned third parties in their questions.

You and Jack's conversation is making me wonder if you just skimmed the thread looking for something scummy to attack someone on. I find that scummy.

And here you tip your hand; by questioning Jack's attack on you, you reveal that not only your attack on him is random, but probably also not even serious.

So why don't you clarify things for us?  Who do you actually suspect, and why?
That's my attack on Imperial, not Jack's

4maskwolf:
4maskwolf
Wolf
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.
4mask:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?
Hmm... nothing really stands out right now
Well of course nothing's going to stand out if you don't press people. I'd like to see you talk with everyone so when you flip scum I can better root out your scum mates. Read the thread and use your imagination: what's the scummiest thing?
This bullshit here.  NQT knows damn well that I don't like Day one, but he tries to get me to talk anyway.  On top of that, he makes the assumption that I am scum, and it is a long leap from ignoring one question to being confirmed scum.
You're getting really mad at a D1 pressure vote? That is scummy.

Also, just because you don't like D1 doesn't mean you shouldn't talk. I don't like D1 all that much, but I tend to try and get as much information as possible out of it. Not talking in Day 1 doesn't solve the problem of no information, it just makes it worse. If everyone didn't talk D1, it would basically cause D2 to be a D1.

You forgot to link the game you personally ran in which I did basically nothing day 1 and then found the converter through process of elimination the following day.  And as I am quite busy right now doing other things, no, I won't ask questions at the moment.  Perhaps later today.
Yeah, but CYOM was extremely focused on roles and logic then just scumhunting. This game has some focus on roles and role powers, but the focus remains on scumhunting. Most mass-claims in this game type are usually D3 or D4, so process of elimination won't really work for you until then or later, assuming you aren't dead by then.
Mad?  Point out where I am mad?  Me calling it bullshit was calling a spade a spade.

I do talk on Day One.  Otherwise I would be ignoring you all right now.  However, in a game such as this, there isn't the massive time crunch that I felt in KotM, so I am content to observe Day One.

If something jumps out at me, I'll chase it.  Otherwise, I will answer the questions of others without asking my own.  I'm sorry if that bothers you all.

I was pointing out the CYOM thing in response to his using my RVS in GBU as an example for his point, not to say that I can repeat what I did in CYOM all over again.
You seemed to be overworked by the fact that NQT assumed you had scumbuddies, which is a common tactic to provoke a reaction, and one I've used myself. The flimsy nature of the evidence led to believe NQT was just trying to gauge your reaction and didn't actually believe you were scum. Your reaction seemed overblown because you started swearing, and took him much more seriously than I would have expected you to, making me wonder if you had something to hide.

I have played with you talking during D1, however, I do feel that getting as much info as possible is a good thing, especially since I haven't seen a Mafia game this active for a while. You asking questions is a good start, and you make a good point about Ottofar, something I might not have noticed if my pressing you hadn't caused you to point that out.

Notquitethere:
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.
To early to decide. D1 isn't even halfway over yet, and Jim, Tiruin, and Zombie Urist haven't contributed more than a few sentances.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2014, 04:08:08 pm »

Erm... me being lynched?  I have two votes on me...

Wolf
Looks like you've got something of substance in your move on Ottofar, I hope you don't forget about everyone else while you're at it.
Well that's not condescending at all.

I have played with you talking during D1, however, I do feel that getting as much info as possible is a good thing, especially since I haven't seen a Mafia game this active for a while. You asking questions is a good start, and you make a good point about Ottofar, something I might not have noticed if my pressing you hadn't caused you to point that out.
This, too, smacks of condescension.  I get it, I'm not on your level, you don't need to remind me of that every game I play.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »

Nah, I didn't mean to be condescending. I genuinely do want you (and everyone else) to have maximal interaction. It should be pretty obvious why I'd want to see what people think about a possible lynch and I'll continue to ask these kinds of questions as new lynch targets arise.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2014, 04:13:44 pm »

its too early to decide.
nqt
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 04:17:18 pm »

I wasn't trying to say decide, ZU, I wanted your thoughts on the case as it's one of the more interesting things happening right now. At the moment I've no idea whether your vote on me stems from a desire to protect a scumbuddy or a fear I'm scum trying to lead a bandwagon or somesuch. Well?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »

its too early to decide.
nqt
I... this...

You're a forum veteran, right?  Then what's up with this?  If you don't have time for a more substantial post, you can wait until you have the time: there's no huge looming deadline.  Instead, you give us a vote with no follow-up questions and no rational.

I wasn't trying to say decide, ZU, I wanted your thoughts on the case as it's one of the more interesting things happening right now. At the moment I've no idea whether your vote on me stems from a desire to protect a scumbuddy or a fear I'm scum trying to lead a bandwagon or somesuch. Well?
By scumbuddy do you mean me or Flabort (your current vote target).

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »

I thought victims of a flavor Cult disappeared?

Imperial Guardsman:
When I see something odd I question it. I fail to see how Jack's not asking you a question to do with third-parties means he is a third party himself. Since I don't understand that leap  plus you dived into the game attacking someone for something I don't understand and admitted you haven't been reading everything lead me to wonder if you were lazy scum. I've last seen you play well as town in Prince Mafia,  but you didn't do as well in Round 3 as scum, so I felt your town game was better than your scum game, another reason you might have been lazy scum. I voted you because it would put pressure on you, and so you were more likely to notice my question, which you didn't answer. Now, why is Jack not asking about third-parties suspicious instead of oversight or focusing on going after the mafia/cult team we are facing?
Third parties can decide games, the mafia teams are just to give us a game. Lets say its 3 people left. The Necromancer, a townie, and a maf.
There are 3 possiibilities
Townie and Maf kill the necromancer, the Maf win.
Necromancer and Townie kill the Maf, Necro wins.
Necromancer and Maf kill the townie, tie.
Unless the Townie raises up their hands, says **** it, and decides to gamethrow, the first is unlikely, BUT YOU SEE MY POINT. A third party is more dangerous and in the end it can completely eliminate the villages chance of winning. Not saying all third parties are bad, but most of the time they are out for blood and I quote
(From the game The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
A thing to bear in mind: we've got third parties in this game. Third parties don't stick their neck out for nobody.
Yes. You see my point on being worried about our thirds.
I will take a guess and assume the Cult is the mafia team, and our SK is the Necromancer.
Long as it's a guess, don't take too much stock in D1 assumptions.
k
I thought the cultists were either stab, head chop, or CORE YOUR SOUL LIKE A FUCKING APPLE
Can you specify whether you mean flavor cult or converter cult? I always find it confusing when people don't specify.
Whichever cult kills people and shares a night chat.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 04:22:37 pm »

OOOOH NOOOO I FORGOT TO PUT MY ANSWERS IN GREEN

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 04:27:22 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: I CAN YELL JUST AS LOUDLY AS YOU.  Please, stop the all-caps.  It's not the amazing weapon of persuasion so many Internet users are convinced it is.  Just a bit of non-vote-related advice.

Word of advice, if its Day 1 attack, its random.
... what.  So, are people supposed to just ignore your Day 1 attacks, because they're so random they're beyond suspicion and are not to be voted for?
Jack seems like the guy who will act inno and seem inno all game and then something turns around, makes him a baddie, and fucks us, or he was bad all along. 4mask seems bluh. There is something off with him. I will be watching him.
... any reasons for these reads?

Jack:  I can tell you right now that trying to figure out the scum team from the intro flavor isn't going to work.
Toaster: Probably, yeah.  It was a very weak lean.  I will say, though, that while Super 2 could be anything from that OP, Super 3 gives a location of death fits vampires best (though I was there, which means I'm acting with the benefit of hindsight), and Super 5's OP gives me a weak werewolf lean due to the death location.  Quickly checking the games, Super 5 was werewolves and Super 2 was cult.  However, it is a very weak source of information.

Mad?  Point out where I am mad?  Me calling it bullshit was calling a spade a spade.

I do talk on Day One.  Otherwise I would be ignoring you all right now.  However, in a game such as this, there isn't the massive time crunch that I felt in KotM, so I am content to observe Day One.

If something jumps out at me, I'll chase it.  Otherwise, I will answer the questions of others without asking my own.  I'm sorry if that bothers you all.
4maskwolf: Alright, I'm going to get a short rant out that I've wanted to get out for some time.  I absolutely hate this whole "meh, just Day 1, why bother actively trying to generate information" thing I'm seeing around this forum.  I mean, I understand hating RVS like Jokerman did, though he at least was fine with non-RVS stuff.  Leaning away from active participation Day 1, though?  That's terrible play.  It's not the most useful day, true, but sitting back and being a twit only helps the scum.  Yes, you answer questions.  Good for you.  That's not enough.

Day 1 is an important day, in that it is a day we can spend debating and getting reads.  Wasting it is no good way to play Mafia.

Go.  Generate information.  Maximize the chances of something jumping out at you.

PPE X TOO MANY: ...wow.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 04:30:03 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: I CAN YELL JUST AS LOUDLY AS YOU.  Please, stop the all-caps.  It's not the amazing weapon of persuasion so many Internet users are convinced it is.  Just a bit of non-vote-related advice.

Word of advice, if its Day 1 attack, its random.
... what.  So, are people supposed to just ignore your Day 1 attacks, because they're so random they're beyond suspicion and are not to be voted for?
Oh my god. No, Im done with you entirely.
Jack seems like the guy who will act inno and seem inno all game and then something turns around, makes him a baddie, and fucks us, or he was bad all along. 4mask seems bluh. There is something off with him. I will be watching him.
... any reasons for these reads?
Look at their posts.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 80