Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183968 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2014, 04:35:18 pm »

Mad?  Point out where I am mad?  Me calling it bullshit was calling a spade a spade.

I do talk on Day One.  Otherwise I would be ignoring you all right now.  However, in a game such as this, there isn't the massive time crunch that I felt in KotM, so I am content to observe Day One.

If something jumps out at me, I'll chase it.  Otherwise, I will answer the questions of others without asking my own.  I'm sorry if that bothers you all.
4maskwolf: Alright, I'm going to get a short rant out that I've wanted to get out for some time.  I absolutely hate this whole "meh, just Day 1, why bother actively trying to generate information" thing I'm seeing around this forum.  I mean, I understand hating RVS like Jokerman did, though he at least was fine with non-RVS stuff.  Leaning away from active participation Day 1, though?  That's terrible play.  It's not the most useful day, true, but sitting back and being a twit only helps the scum.  Yes, you answer questions.  Good for you.  That's not enough.

Day 1 is an important day, in that it is a day we can spend debating and getting reads.  Wasting it is no good way to play Mafia.

Go.  Generate information.  Maximize the chances of something jumping out at you.
Someone has apparently missed every action I have taken in the past hour and a half.  Please save your rants for someone who will change their mind because of them, all it does right now is make me less inclined to play seriously.

Imperial Guardsman: I CAN YELL JUST AS LOUDLY AS YOU.  Please, stop the all-caps.  It's not the amazing weapon of persuasion so many Internet users are convinced it is.  Just a bit of non-vote-related advice.
This, sir, is a horrible reason for a vote.  And if it's not a reason for the vote, don't put it directly after declaring a vote: that's where people look to see your reasons.

PPE:
Oh my god. No, Im done with you entirely.
Don't be Jim Groovester.  He did this in CYOM and ended up being wrong in that debate anyway.  While I can't say that I am the best example of civility in this game, try and be polite to people and don't do things like that.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »

its too early to decide.
nqt
I... this...

You're a forum veteran, right?  Then what's up with this?  If you don't have time for a more substantial post, you can wait until you have the time: there's no huge looming deadline.  Instead, you give us a vote with no follow-up questions and no rational.

ZU has been posting from his phone since day start.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »

Maybe said new element is an Alarmist or a Deprogrammer?
(Stops its target from being converted and deconverts their target respectivally)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2014, 04:38:13 pm »

its too early to decide.
nqt
I... this...

You're a forum veteran, right?  Then what's up with this?  If you don't have time for a more substantial post, you can wait until you have the time: there's no huge looming deadline.  Instead, you give us a vote with no follow-up questions and no rational.

ZU has been posting from his phone since day start.
Doesn't change what I'm saying.  I've done that plenty of times and my posts are still longer than that.  At least a brief overview of the points would have been nice.

That being said, I'm willing to let the issue go in that case.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2014, 04:39:12 pm »

Votecount, por favor.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »

Imperial Guardsman
Thanks for your post #116, and despite the messed up formatting I was able to figure out what you were trying to say. I understand why you are concerned about third parties, and thanks for being able to clearly articulate what you were trying to say. You didn't completely answer my question, but by that fact you seem very concerned about third parties is enough for me to see why you went on your attack and so I'm going to give you the benefit of an unvote. Also, do you plan on specifically hunting for third-parties and how would you go about that?

4maskwolf
Someone has apparently missed every action I have taken in the past hour and a half.  Please save your rants for someone who will change their mind because of them, all it does right now is make me less inclined to play seriously.
From the looks of the end of his post, it seems like he was writing that for about an hour and a half before posting it.

Meph:
Votecount, por favor.
I too would like a votecount as soon as you can make one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »

Imperial Guardsman
Thanks for your post #116, and despite the messed up formatting I was able to figure out what you were trying to say. I understand why you are concerned about third parties, and thanks for being able to clearly articulate what you were trying to say. You didn't completely answer my question, but by that fact you seem very concerned about third parties is enough for me to see why you went on your attack and so I'm going to give you the benefit of an unvote. Also, do you plan on specifically hunting for third-parties and how would you go about that?
I plan to focus on our third parties problem and leave you all to work on the scumteam. Not saying im entirely ignoring them, but for now Im searching for our thirds.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »

This, sir, is a horrible reason for a vote.  And if it's not a reason for the vote, don't put it directly after declaring a vote: that's where people look to see your reasons.
4maskwolf: True, the post was poorly organized. The reason for the vote was his position on his own attacks.
What Persus just said.

Look at their posts.
Imperial Guardsman: I can't give your reasons for your reads.  Your reasons for your reads are things only you know.  I want to know them too.  Telling me to stare at my own posts doesn't help me know what gives you your read of me.
Alright, I can tell that interacting with me is something you don't enjoy.  Try to deal with me just a bit longer, though.  I still want to know exactly why you seem to consider your Day 1 attacks off limits for others to target.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2014, 05:05:38 pm »

4maskwolf: True, the post was poorly organized. The reason for the vote was his position on his own attacks.
What Persus just said.

Look at their posts.
Imperial Guardsman: I can't give your reasons for your reads.  Your reasons for your reads are things only you know.  I want to know them too.  Telling me to stare at my own posts doesn't help me know what gives you your read of me.
Alright, I can tell that interacting with me is something you don't enjoy.  Try to deal with me just a bit longer, though.  I still want to know exactly why you seem to consider your Day 1 attacks off limits for others to target.
Jack, you just seem simply too gung ho for Day 1. While my attacks were to get you to spill the beans and let me know about you, yours were just to get me killed, because you are either overconfident ( WHICH IS A SCUMTELL. ) or scum. You may also very well be a third party, and I have my eyes on you. Nobody knows ANYTHING D1 and this is the time to ask questions, scan posts and playstyle, and think. The power roles will help us day 2, and give us some basis and some alibi before we start the debate again.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »

Lord Toaster, Toonyman: As two of the most experienced players, and since this "war" is coming to a close, care to share your reads of Wolf and Guardsman.

notquitethere
The grounds against wolf are a bit weak in my opinion.
But, I do agree that while an active day one may not be as useful as later days, but it is still a source of useful information.
And he is defiantly participating.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2014, 05:22:01 pm »

As two of the most experienced players
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Authority
Lol you're funny.

I take everything mafiascum says with a grain of salt because they have a distaste for the actual human element of the game, at least on the wiki pages.

Is that actually what they believe?  Is mechanical balance their mafia god?  Because that's the impression I get.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2014, 05:22:27 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Ottofar, ToonyMan
flabort: notquitethere
Imperial Guardsman: Jack A.T.
notquitethere: zombie urist
Ottofar: 4maskwolf
zombie urist: flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:25:29 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2014, 05:23:17 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Ottofar, ToonyMan
flabort: notquitethere
Jack A.T.: Jack A.T.
notquitethere: zombie urist
Ottofar: 4maskwolf
zombie urist: flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
erm... Jack is voting for himself...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »

As two of the most experienced players
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Authority
Lol you're funny.

I take everything mafiascum says with a grain of salt because they have a distaste for the actual human element of the game, at least on the wiki pages.

Is that actually what they believe?  Is mechanical balance their mafia god?  Because that's the impression I get.
Sorry, that sounds snippy, I just am sick of mafiascum wiki stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 80