Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183876 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »

As two of the most experienced players
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Authority
Lol you're funny.

I take everything mafiascum says with a grain of salt because they have a distaste for the actual human element of the game, at least on the wiki pages.

Is that actually what they believe?  Is mechanical balance their mafia god?  Because that's the impression I get.
Gotcha, 4maskwolf. A little bit of appeal to emotion I think, and you are trying to hide it under the guise of a sort of breadcrumb attack? You can take that to offtopic or ask OP for permission to PM, but in the game? You are trying to make me, what, think differently or take back everything I have said today? I can see you are the confusing scum type, ready to sow confusion and chaos whenever needed?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »

Unvote ZU
It'll be [Persus13] and Tiruin in a satanic Golem cult. I called it first.

Flabort, who's scummiest right now?

First, that's an interesting call. From what little I know, the golem part may actually be plausable, and your suspects are possible, but it seems to be a jest, so I'll let that drop.

As to your question... as of the time of asking, Imperial Guardsman was in the Orange (not red yet), and Zombie Urist in second place.
As of the time of my post, Imperial Guardsman has dropped into the Red. In second place is Zombie Urist again, but he's still at the yellow, where everyone started.

It's clear he is scum, but wants 3rd Party victory far less than he wants a town victory.

Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Imperial, Tiruin, Zombie Urist, Jiokuy, Jim, Flabort
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.
4mask wolf is no longer in the yellow. That said, he's not in the red, orange, or full green, either; he's in the light green, so I trust him right now. I don't want him to be lynched day 1. Maybe I'll change my mind on day 2 or 3, but I trust him right now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2014, 05:29:54 pm »

Also, holy ninjas batman. I had to retype that post 3 times because of "warning X new posts you may want to reread blah blah".
And not to mention the activity while I was asleep. Whew, this is going to make bookkeeping hard for me.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2014, 05:30:11 pm »

Lol you're funny.

I take everything mafiascum says with a grain of salt because they have a distaste for the actual human element of the game, at least on the wiki pages.

Is that actually what they believe?  Is mechanical balance their mafia god?  Because that's the impression I get.
Gotcha, 4maskwolf. A little bit of appeal to emotion I think, and you are trying to hide it under the guise of a sort of breadcrumb attack? You can take that to offtopic or ask OP for permission to PM, but in the game? You are trying to make me, what, think differently or take back everything I have said today? I can see you are the confusing scum type, ready to sow confusion and chaos whenever needed?
...wtf is this. Seriously, what the hell.  That wasn't an appeal to emotion, it was an honest question.  One that, I might note, you haven't bothered to answer.  True, it wasn't the most game-necessary post.  I'll admit that.  But your attack is silly at best and an outright scumtell at worst.  You're always a little bit on the suspicious side, but you're REALLY jumpy this game, Imperial Guardsman.

Can you explain what "confusing scum type" even means?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »

no wait Unvote jack, 4maskwolf.
Unvote ZU

First, that's an interesting call. From what little I know, the golem part may actually be plausable, and your suspects are possible, but it seems to be a jest, so I'll let that drop.

As to your question... as of the time of asking, Imperial Guardsman was in the Orange (not red yet), and Zombie Urist in second place.
As of the time of my post, Imperial Guardsman has dropped into the Red. In second place is Zombie Urist again, but he's still at the yellow, where everyone started.

It's clear he is scum, but wants 3rd Party victory far less than he wants a town victory.
Thats almost laughable.
Almost.
Okay, sure, Flabort, Ill look at your argument and consid- WHAT ARGUMENT? You claim that Im scum because I dont want a third party victory? While I believe one man ( or woman ) in the right place can change it all, thirds are like a salad on the side of the massive dinner the 2-3 mafia will attempt to partake in, but that dinner will fight, and if the mafia arent careful, that dinner will poison them. The third is free to do what it wants while the Mafia focus on the town. It will slip away and wreak havoc on WHOEVER IT WANTS, MAFIA OR TOWN when the time is right! Thirds are DANGEROUS, flabort, and I am only correct in my paranoia against the third parties. But, I look at you. You accuse me for no reason because I want the thirds to lose?
ATTENTION EVERYONE, I HAVE FOUND OUR FIRST THIRD! Unvote 4maskwolf, Flabort.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »

Flabort:
Out of curiosity, have you played any games with a third party?

Also, you're proof spoiler leads to a Jack At post responding to an NQT question, so I think that should be something different?

Imperial Guardsman
Lol you're funny.

Wait, what? You've lost me and everyone else, please explain this post a little better.

Also, you are aware that it's possible for a Supernatural game to not have third parties (ex. Supernatural 6), right?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »

Unvote ZU

Thats almost laughable.
Almost.
Okay, sure, Flabort, Ill look at your argument and consid- WHAT ARGUMENT? You claim that Im scum because I dont want a third party victory? While I believe one man ( or woman ) in the right place can change it all, thirds are like a salad on the side of the massive dinner the 2-3 mafia will attempt to partake in, but that dinner will fight, and if the mafia arent careful, that dinner will poison them. The third is free to do what it wants while the Mafia focus on the town. It will slip away and wreak havoc on WHOEVER IT WANTS, MAFIA OR TOWN when the time is right! Thirds are DANGEROUS, flabort, and I am only correct in my paranoia against the third parties. But, I look at you. You accuse me for no reason because I want the thirds to lose?
What in all flavor of...

Imperial Guardsman

You're jumping all over the place, making no sense, and trying to leap on the slightest hint of a possible weakness.  You're being highly defensive in a game where you never play defensively.  In short, if you aren't scum, you're sure as hell third party, and as you've stated most third parties are bad.

PPE: Flabort has, in fact.  GBOO.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »

Lol you're funny.

...wtf is this. Seriously, what the hell.  That wasn't an appeal to emotion, it was an honest question.  One that, I might note, you haven't bothered to answer.  True, it wasn't the most game-necessary post.  I'll admit that.  But your attack is silly at best and an outright scumtell at worst.  You're always a little bit on the suspicious side, but you're REALLY jumpy this game, Imperial Guardsman.

Scum win in multiple ways.
Confusion, treating the town like puppets to manipulate and throw away.
Deception, lying to everyone and everything and then watching the crowd kill each other over it.
Agressiveness, treating the town like a buffet to chew up and swallow.
Alliances, negotiating with the thirds and winning through bussing and assistance.
You want to win through confusion and you are trying this as we speak, with a little agressiveness and a side of deception. However, again, this is day one, right? Unless someone does something BLITHINGLY OBVIOUS like our friend flabort here, there is no reason to take any of it seriously until you read them more or it hits day two and we have 2 fresh bodies to look at. Also, flabort, we have told you MULTIPLE TIMES, ZU IS POSTING WITH HIS PHONE. HE IS AWAY.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2014, 05:40:51 pm »

Unvote ZU

Thats almost laughable.
Almost.
What in all flavor of...

Imperial Guardsman

You're jumping all over the place, making no sense, and trying to leap on the slightest hint of a possible weakness.  You're being highly defensive in a game where you never play defensively.  In short, if you aren't scum, you're sure as hell third party, and as you've stated most third parties are bad.

PPE: Flabort has, in fact.  GBOO.
u wot m8
Its Day 1, I can jump all over the place, I want to see you all speak! And I see no problem with playing defensively! I see defensive play from townies all the time and at most its small accusations. I can see some of what you cant, and use it to everyones advantage. Both of you are acting overtly agressive, and that is scummy. We know NOTHING. NOTHING. Every single vote and sentence I have typed is pressure or interrogation!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2014, 05:41:07 pm »

Persus: Yes, I have played with 3Ps before, but rarely have they ever actually been a major threat or player in the games I've played.
Yes, the proof leads to why IG is scum: Lynch the guy with lots and lots of low content posts.

IG: I am not a third. I am a town information role. A rather weak one, but a information role nonetheless.
Also, I know ZU is PFP. That's why he hasn't posted any meaningful information to give him a town OR scum lean, whereas everyone but you has more of a town lean than they started with.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »

Lol you're funny.

PPE: IG, we're not saying getting people to talk is bad, we're saying the way you go about it is suboptimal.  Also, you've never  played this way in any game I have ever played with you.

Scum win in multiple ways.
Confusion, treating the town like puppets to manipulate and throw away.
Deception, lying to everyone and everything and then watching the crowd kill each other over it.
Agressiveness, treating the town like a buffet to chew up and swallow.
Alliances, negotiating with the thirds and winning through bussing and assistance.
You want to win through confusion and you are trying this as we speak, with a little agressiveness and a side of deception. However, again, this is day one, right? Unless someone does something BLITHINGLY OBVIOUS like our friend flabort here, there is no reason to take any of it seriously until you read them more or it hits day two and we have 2 fresh bodies to look at. Also, flabort, we have told you MULTIPLE TIMES, ZU IS POSTING WITH HIS PHONE. HE IS AWAY.
Okay, first of all, I called ZU out on the post thing too and you never yelled at me for it.

Second, I'm always aggressive.  Get over it.  That's how I play.

Third: yes, you pegged my scum strategy.  I deceive, I lie, and I bewilder.  But you claim that I am lying and bewildering because I asked you a question unrelated to the game.  I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 05:48:45 pm »

IG, dude. You've hit -11 on my scumometer. Nobody, nobody ever, hit's below -8.
Meanwhile, 4mask has hit full green (+5.1 or above).

Know what? Full list of reads:
4maskwolf: +6
Jack AT: +5
Toaster: +4
Persus13: +4
NotQuiteThere: +3
Jiokuy: +3
Ottofar: +2
Toonyman: +2
ZU: +1
Imperial Guardsman: -11
Where everybody starts at 0.
The Cyan Menace

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

IG: I am not a third. I am a town information role. A rather weak one, but a information role nonetheless.
Also, I know ZU is PFP. That's why he hasn't posted any meaningful information to give him a town OR scum lean, whereas everyone but you has more of a town lean than they started with.
No, thats not what I wanted at ALL. You shouldnt have claimed. As I said, pressure votes, interrogation, and scanning. I didnt want to force a claim. You may have very well doomed us both, flabort.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »

@4maskwolf:
Everyone else who has played supernatural: Is Toaster right?  Is it difficult to impossible to determine the scumteam from looking at the opening flavortext?
I would say so, yes.

PPE:
4maskwolf and Imperial Guardsman, what's the deal here?
I think it is important that everyone talks, but not that I talk to everyone.  That should answer your question.
Can you think of why this isn't actually a good thing?
In a word: time.  I simply don't have the time or attention to maintain conversations with everyone at once.  So I pick and choose the battles that I fight.
How do you pick and choose?

@Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman: Interesting.  Why weren't you aware of that?  Had you not read Toaster's post?  Were you only reading the posts of people who addressed questions to you or something?
Yes.
Is this because of a lack of time or lack of interest/effort?
Time.
Do you think this will hurt your play?

@Jiokuy:
Lord Toaster, Toonyman: As two of the most experienced players, and since this "war" is coming to a close, care to share your reads of Wolf and Guardsman.
I think they both need to calm down. I don't think either of them are smelling like roses either.

@flabort:
IG, dude. You've hit -11 on my scumometer. Nobody, nobody ever, hit's below -8.
Meanwhile, 4mask has hit full green (+5.1 or above).
Know what? Full list of reads:
4maskwolf: +6
Jack AT: +5
Toaster: +4
Persus13: +4
NotQuiteThere: +3
Jiokuy: +3
Ottofar: +2
Toonyman: +2
ZU: +1
Imperial Guardsman: -11
Where everybody starts at 0.
Everybody is town in your eyes except IG?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 80