Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183856 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Imperial Guardsman, ToonyMan
flabort: notquitethere
Imperial Guardsman: flabort, Ottofar
Jiokuy: Persus13
notquitethere: Toaster, zombie urist

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday

Tiruin has requested a replacement
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2014, 12:19:28 pm »

*cough*
I'm still playing though ._.

@IG: That is not a town wincon. That is like a brother-something something tied wincon.
But not a town wincon.

Hello third-party.

I win if a ( supposed ) townie and I live to the end. Therefore I can win ALONGSIDE their wincon is what I mean.

Also, just a note IG, don't play like you are as a third party in the future, you are drawing WAY too much attention to yourself.  If you have a revive, as you claim, the scum might off you tonight, because since you appear to want to townside they don't want a townsided person with that kind of power.  Had you played it safer, you wouldn't have had to claim at all.  Just saying.
Whos to say the scum cant just convert me or keep me roleblocked? Also, its a 50 percent revive, and if it fails, apparently Bad Things happen.
Do you want that to happen?
That would suck if it did but I doubt that the scum would kill me if they had another method to keep me down.
Meh.  Point taken.

Now, on to a bigger point:  What reason do you have for voting me?  Your stated reason was "endangering my wincon", but I was simply asking questions: there was no vote and no direct accusations against either of you, simply an expression of doubt as to your claim.  You're gonna have to come up with a better excuse for that vote, bud.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:29 pm »

*cough*

@IG: That is not a town wincon. That is like a brother-something something tied wincon.
But not a town wincon.

Hello third-party.

I win if a ( supposed ) townie and I live to the end. Therefore I can win ALONGSIDE their wincon is what I mean.

Also, just a note IG, don't play like you are as a third party in the future, you are drawing WAY too much attention to yourself.  If you have a revive, as you claim, the scum might off you tonight, because since you appear to want to townside they don't want a townsided person with that kind of power.  Had you played it safer, you wouldn't have had to claim at all.  Just saying.
Whos to say the scum cant just convert me or keep me roleblocked? Also, its a 50 percent revive, and if it fails, apparently Bad Things happen.
That would suck if it did but I doubt that the scum would kill me if they had another method to keep me down.
Meh.  Point taken.

Now, on to a bigger point:  What reason do you have for voting me?  Your stated reason was "endangering my wincon", but I was simply asking questions: there was no vote and no direct accusations against either of you, simply an expression of doubt as to your claim.  You're gonna have to come up with a better excuse for that vote, bud.
I am explaining as much as I can without directly quoting my PM and you call me a flat out liar.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2014, 12:21:09 pm »

So IG is claiming a third party priest role?

Not sure what to think about it. I can see that being possible, but would Meph make a third-party priest role? Like 4maskwolf, I'm not sure if that is the whole truth.

4maskwolf
4mask:  Actually, I don't see an issue at all with his Flabort vote.  This isn't a hammer game, so it's not like he didn't have plenty of time to remove it.  Plus, it provides a bit of distancing if he didn't want to have the connection known.
Meh.  I suppose.  But calling your third-party partner out on something, in a way that seems to be trying to achieve a lynch, strikes me as rather silly behavior.  Yes, I know Flabort is town, at least according to IG, but that doesn't change the point I am making: don't endanger your wincon.
-snip-
Lolz you are really funny.  I don't even have a vote on you and you are flipping out and voting me.  On no grounds other than picking apart your story.  I have not voted for you or Flabort, and as such am not, in fact, endangering your wincon.  I am merely asking questions and stating my doubts.  You, on the other hand, are GRAVELY overreacting to the slightest challenge.  You still haven't answered my question about how you know that Flabort is the one you are supposed to protect.
-snip-
I treat every vote on me as a lynch vote, and responded accordingly.  I attacked you for having no case against me, as I would for anyone who attempted a lynch vote on me without a strong case.
I think the reasons I've found you scummy so far this game mainly stem from you placing a much higher value on a vote, (especially a D1 vote) than I do. Also, why are you so surprised at IG's vote on you when you're outright attacking his case and completely dismissing it before you said that?

PPE: "Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post"

Holy mother of God.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

*cough*

But not a town wincon.

Hello third-party.

Meh.  Point taken.

I am explaining as much as I can without directly quoting my PM and you call me a flat out liar.
I am entitled to my doubts.  Is that your only reason for the vote?

PPE:
So IG is claiming a third party priest role?

Not sure what to think about it. I can see that being possible, but would Meph make a third-party priest role? Like 4maskwolf, I'm not sure if that is the whole truth.

4maskwolf
4mask:  Actually, I don't see an issue at all with his Flabort vote.  This isn't a hammer game, so it's not like he didn't have plenty of time to remove it.  Plus, it provides a bit of distancing if he didn't want to have the connection known.
Meh.  I suppose.  But calling your third-party partner out on something, in a way that seems to be trying to achieve a lynch, strikes me as rather silly behavior.  Yes, I know Flabort is town, at least according to IG, but that doesn't change the point I am making: don't endanger your wincon.
-snip-
Lolz you are really funny.  I don't even have a vote on you and you are flipping out and voting me.  On no grounds other than picking apart your story.  I have not voted for you or Flabort, and as such am not, in fact, endangering your wincon.  I am merely asking questions and stating my doubts.  You, on the other hand, are GRAVELY overreacting to the slightest challenge.  You still haven't answered my question about how you know that Flabort is the one you are supposed to protect.
-snip-
I treat every vote on me as a lynch vote, and responded accordingly.  I attacked you for having no case against me, as I would for anyone who attempted a lynch vote on me without a strong case.
I think the reasons I've found you scummy so far this game mainly stem from you placing a much higher value on a vote, (especially a D1 vote) than I do. Also, why are you so surprised at IG's vote on you when you're outright attacking his case and completely dismissing it before you said that?

PPE: "Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post"

Holy mother of God.
I'm not surprised, I'm merely curious, because he's trying awfully hard to get me off his case when I don't even have a vote on him right now.  Nor was I planning to unless he slipped up, which he didn't.  He greatly overreacted to being put under pressure and questioned in his claims.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »

Quick post: Please, please cut down the quotes.  Please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:36 pm »

IG:
Flabort is town
I win if flabort and I live
therefore i can townside as a third
TADA

You *can*.  Problem is that no matter how you phrase it, you're a survivor variant, and survivors can just as easily (and in fact, more effectively) side with the scum team.  Think of it this way- the scum team can just hold a kill against your head and threaten to end you unless you vote with them.  Thankfully this isn't an open PM game or they'd probably already be doing that.

I agree with this statement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »

I did my best to try.

4maskwolf:
Next time can you only include the relevant sentence or so you responded too? I had to spend far longer figuring out what you were referring to then necessary.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »

Its less Hmm, IG, I doubt that and more like YOU ARE A LIAR AND I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I LAUGH AT YOU VOTE IG

IG:
Flabort is town
TADA
You *can*.  Problem is that no matter how you phrase it, you're a survivor variant, and survivors can just as easily (and in fact, more effectively) side with the scum team.  Think of it this way- the scum team can just hold a kill against your head and threaten to end you unless you vote with them.  Thankfully this isn't an open PM game or they'd probably already be doing that.
Yes, there IS that possibility. But I know the doctors are watching me and flabort.
RIGHT?
RIGHT?!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2014, 12:37:30 pm »

Addendum to quickpost:
Learn to -snip-, people >_>

but more generally scum are almost never the most frequent posters (last year, by my count, only one game had scum as the most frequent poster)
Did you ever analyze if this varied by player?  (As in high-average post count players versus low average post count players)
As only player was an outlier there was almost no variation. Even high post players like Tiruin don't post as much when they're scum.
This is biased :I
I do post much when I'm scum--and to punch that opinion in the fess, I was once top poster as scum in a game before.
RL just punches my face back I:

Imperial, Tiruin, Zombie Urist, Jiokuy, Jim, Flabort
Everyone else has weighed in: what do you think of Wolf being lynched today? Are there good grounds or is it weak? Let's hear it.
I've checked on that matter and...seriously? Lynching him because 'I'ma relaaax and no D1, I hate you'.
Err, while that would seem like scum making less of himself, I verily doubt that its in 4mask's personality/character to be like that, regarding alignment.
He's just grumpy at times. :v

So lynching someone on the single quotation marks above? No. It's weak.
I mean tell me how you're going to gain something by such a case as that? Explain to me how in the world one's attitude as such equals them as scum?

I'll tell you of one guy I know who was like that: NativeForeigner (I miss you dude). He does that, but he does that both as town or as scum that no manner of statistics can bias the concluding results on where he's coming from if he's like that. Reliance on powerroles is the best reason I can say on why you'd want to lynch 'em (or on why his play is like that :v)

Jim, Tiruin, Ottofar, Persus13, ToonyMan, Toaster— by my count Imperial Guardsman is set to be lynched today now. Are you cool with that?
{You sound like a coroner. Teehee~}

...I'm cool :v but not with that. Judging by recent note (and yeah, this answer is tinged by that idea that he's third-party now), I can say that there are only two major paths into insight with IG. Assume he's Third-party or scum.
In the manner of wincon processing--there's always that chance that in a game of partnership (ie Mafia buddies/Mason buddies or third-party partyers), there will be risks played and lies uttered to conceal information--IG has made a half-claim, as seen by his wincon, and a worm-on-the-hook-on-the-fishing-rod claim pertaining to his 50% thingy. As far as my notes go in knowing IG, he does that thing wherein he puts vague addendums to his claims in order to glean information or in the least, focus on reactions from others--lesser be malevolent intent.

I'm weighing on third-party there, but time will tell. Though my weighing is pretty much more solid than my reads of everyone here (and dear goodness did I skim >_> go self. <_<)

Its less Hmm, IG, I doubt that and more like YOU ARE A LIAR AND I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I LAUGH AT YOU VOTE IG
What did I say about etiquette? :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
IG:
Flabort is town
TADA
Yes, there IS that possibility. But I know the doctors are watching me and flabort.
RIGHT?
RIGHT?!

You honestly think any protection roles are going to waste any time on you?  Really?  Really?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
IG:
Flabort is town
TADA
RIGHT?
RIGHT?!

You honestly think any protection roles are going to waste any time on you?  Really?  Really?
Yes
Dont protect the priest who is entirely obligated ( at this time ) to townside

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

...Townside?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

To clarify, I didn't call you a liar, I said that I didn't believe your story:
I still call bullcrap on this story.  How did you know that it was Flabort you wanted to protect, and if you did know from the start, why in all flavor of damnation did you start a full-on broadside against him?
Assuming you are telling the truth, which I doubt
Yes, I said I didn't believe you.  I was pressuring you, seeing how you cracked.
And I did chuckle at your vote, because it was a defensive vote in the extreme.  However, I'm not voting you because I actually do think now that you are a third party and are just overreacting.
Yes
Dont protect the priest who is entirely obligated ( at this time ) to townside
When there are plenty of other power roles out there, no, you aren't necessarily entitled to a protection from any town guard types.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2014, 12:46:20 pm »

IG:
You're awfully assumptive of the goodwill you've fostered.  If I was a doc, I wouldn't protect you.  If I was a vig, I'd probably shoot you.  In fact, I'm almost certainly going to vote you; I just want to hear from Flabort first.

On the other hand, if I was a guard, I might lock you in.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 80