Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183880 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:33 pm »

And I did chuckle at your vote, because it was a defensive vote in the extreme.  However, I'm not voting you because I actually do think now that you are a third party and are just overreacting.
Thank you! All I wanted you to actually realize.
...Townside?
I already claimed. I am a third party who wins if me and flabort survive to game end. I have a revive with 50 percent chance of failure. Currently, Flabort is a member of the town.
IG:
You're awfully assumptive of the goodwill you've fostered.  If I was a doc, I wouldn't protect you.  If I was a vig, I'd probably shoot you.  In fact, I'm almost certainly going to vote you; I just want to hear from Flabort first.

On the other hand, if I was a guard, I might lock you in.
You are going to lock a third party with a revive in?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »

I am entitled to my doubts.  Is that your only reason for the vote?
Its less Hmm, IG, I doubt that and more like YOU ARE A LIAR AND I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I LAUGH AT YOU VOTE IG
To clarify, I didn't call you a liar, I said that I didn't believe your story:
So you were calling him a liar.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

*reads above post before my post*
Woah wait Toaster. While the option for survivors to side with the scumteam exists, its an option and not a fact that they will side with them.

I question you on what it means if a survivor exists. Does the lethality of the survivor not depend on the player, and thus the principles of a player in that case?

Wait, a Priest resurrects dead people, and said dead people are wildcards right?
And IG's wincon is...
wait.
Err...
Why did you vote Flabort again IG? How did you know he's 'town'? Why did you vote him under the premise that he's a third-party?
Why would you risk that?

PPE x2
...Townside?
I already claimed. I am a third party who wins if me and flabort survive to game end. I have a revive with 50 percent chance of failure. Currently, Flabort is a member of the town.
*sigh*
"What does Townside mean?"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2014, 12:54:40 pm »

I am entitled to my doubts.  Is that your only reason for the vote?
Its less Hmm, IG, I doubt that and more like YOU ARE A LIAR AND I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I LAUGH AT YOU VOTE IG
To clarify, I didn't call you a liar, I said that I didn't believe your story:
So you were calling him a liar.
PFP:
No. I was leaving the possibility of him telling the truth on the table, as you will see if you go back through that. There's a semantics difference, but I'll stop debating the meaning of words.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2014, 12:57:11 pm »

Woah wait Toaster. While the option for survivors to side with the scumteam exists, its an option and not a fact that they will side with them.

I question you on what it means if a survivor exists. Does the lethality of the survivor not depend on the player, and thus the principles of a player in that case?

Wait, a Priest resurrects dead people, and said dead people are wildcards right?
And IG's wincon is...
wait.
Err...
Why did you vote Flabort again IG? How did you know he's 'town'? Why did you vote him under the premise that he's a third-party?
Why would you risk that?

PPE x2
...Townside?
*sigh*
"What does Townside mean?"

I know he is town because PM. I voted him to make it less prominent that I have association with flabort, and then he claims town investigative. I was thinking Im hunting thirds therefore i cannot be a third! But didnt work. Also, townside means to side with the town. TO win with them, help them, whatever furthers their goal.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2014, 12:57:17 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
You are going to lock a third party with a revive in?

Considering the unreliability of Supernatural revives, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Wait... does he win if you win and town doesn't?

Also, what's your role name?

Tiruin:

The kicker is that survivors are opportunists.  They play for the winning side, because they want the game to end as soon as possible, before they have a chance to die.  If the town is winning, sure, they'll side for them.  But what happens if the scum is winning?  Do they go the long shot and risk death?  Hell no.

Principles or no, a rule of Mafia is to play to win.  And from playing with IG, I expect him to play to win.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

Tiruin:

The kicker is that survivors are opportunists.  They play for the winning side, because they want the game to end as soon as possible, before they have a chance to die.  If the town is winning, sure, they'll side for them.  But what happens if the scum is winning?  Do they go the long shot and risk death?  Hell no.

Principles or no, a rule of Mafia is to play to win.  And from playing with IG, I expect him to play to win.
>_>
<_<
Am I seriously the only one who plans, as a survivor, to work on Town's side always?
muhh >_>
mmph <_<
Good answer but.. ;-;

I know he is town because PM. I voted him to make it less prominent that I have association with flabort, and then he claims town investigative. I was thinking Im hunting thirds therefore i cannot be a third! But didnt work. Also, townside means to side with the town. TO win with them, help them, whatever furthers their goal.
Why did you claim in the first place?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »

Am I seriously the only one who plans, as a survivor, to work on Town's side always?

Yep.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2014, 01:00:52 pm »

Yep.
Nope.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »

Then you're not playing to win.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »

Wait... does he win if you win and town doesn't?
Idunno.
Also, what's your role name?
Exile Mage
Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies were posted. You may wish to review your post.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »

And I should care why...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:08 pm »

Quick post (still going through stuff from when I was asleep and trying to keep up with current events): One can plan to win with town at the start, but that is going to fall apart if pre-3p LYLO is hit and the player cares about the rule about trying to meet their wincon.

IG: Flavour for your role, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:35 pm »

Flabort claimed, and I was in immidiate danger.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2014, 01:08:37 pm »

Yep.
Nope.
;-;
But Town is more fun...
*sniff*
Well...fine, I guess I would side with scum...but that'll only be at LYLO and if I have no other choice and Town doesn't want to "cooperate" and scum are literally winning unless there are any wildcards to save town...or town doesn't play good and scum is playing well.

Indiana Persus
Everyone: Anyone willing to bet on the scum team this time around?
It'll be you and Tiruin in a inverted satanic golem cult. I called it first.
...Why does every speculation have the awesome guesses. >_>
No I'm not a cult or a golem :v You are silly.

Flabort claimed, and I was in immidiate danger.
o_O?
He did?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 80