Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 185229 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2014, 03:13:23 pm »

@4maskwolf:
Toony: can you reiterate the points behind your vote on me, por favor?
You're being defensive while also only picking and choosing who to bother with.

Am I seriously the only one who plans, as a survivor, to work on Town's side always?
Yep.
Nope.
Bullshit. Play to your wincon. A scum player doesn't betray his team and reveal them at the start does he?

@Notquitethere:
Jim, Tiruin, Ottofar, Persus13, ToonyMan, Toaster— by my count Imperial Guardsman is set to be lynched today now. Are you cool with that?
I think he's being dumb. I suppose it's a safe lynch (but maybe not the best lynch), since he's very likely third-party and his connection with Flabort is amazingly unclear.

@Imperial Guardsman:
IG: Flavour for your role, please.
Cant quote PM.
IG: Don't have to.  Summarize in your own words.
I am a mage in exile for murdering a guard who was protecting magical resources I needed to attempt to remove the Cultist God in supernatural 6 from memory, removing said gods power. It failed because cultist win in Sup 6. I need Flabort alive because he apparently decends from a long lost tree of warriors who fought the servants of these dark gods and one of his ancestors apparently weakened said god enough to force him into slumber. I must bring him to the point where the first follower of said cult god was contacted by the god, and use my magic and his blood to open a portal to said god's domain to slay him.
What the hell are you doing??? I have a pretty good feeling that you're being upfront about this, but unless you're bluffing the crap out of scum into killing Flabort you've completely screwed yourself and it's only Day 1! Have you read the third Witches' Coven? Do you know what happened to Tiruin after she blabbed about being a third-party helper for the town on Day 1? She fucking lost hard!! I hate big mouths, what are you doing claiming this early and endangering yourself and Flabort? Why can't you keep some damn secrecy from the players who will  be killing us during the night??

I have to agree with Toaster's attacks on Notquitethere, and I'm feeling that 4maskwolf and NQT are working together for some reason.

No, I don't think IG or Flabort are mafia right now.

Also I am mad.

PPE (a million replies have been posted since I started writing this):

@Notquitethere:
I for one think IG's probably telling the truth. He reminds me a lot like Tiruin's Life Mage in that Witches game: incredulous that anyone should think him anything but benign.
This means there are bigger fish to fry. We win if we lynch scum, not 3rd parties, and IG can prove his role ability by raising tonight in case we mislynch town.
Whoever is on the IG lynch: why not kill scum instead?
Actually, yeah, exactly. Who do you think is a good lynch?

world cup is on so post later
*angrily storms out and goes drinking with Jim and ZU

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2014, 03:13:57 pm »

I could full claim to prove that nobody is directly mentioned in my flavor, but that it does hint towards a lot of magic, and that it doesn't directly contradict his claim. In fact, since he claimed before I revealed my flavor, and his flavor points towards complimenting mine, he seems legit. Do you want me to full claim?

Who are you trying to kill?: NQT, 4mask, IG. You are so desperate to get one of them killed, consequences be damned.
You're not actually that desperate, but I'm pretty sure IG is pro-town at the moment, and the other two lean town for me.

@4mask: Grrmble. I know I deducted those points for something, my notes claim aggressive there and there...
I have to go back over them. Thanks.

PPE: Will read ToonyMan's post in a second.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - The Council of 13
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

Am I seriously the only one who plans, as a survivor, to work on Town's side always?
Yep.
Nope.
Bullshit. Play to your wincon. A scum player doesn't betray his team and reveal them at the start does he?
This sounds remarkably like "my fun is more important than your fun" to me.  I can play however I like, thanks.  There are certain social norms governing the scum, but if I was a loner third-party survivor then I wouldn't have any strictures on how I play.  I could claim day one if I wanted to.

@4maskwolf:
Toony: can you reiterate the points behind your vote on me, por favor?
You're being defensive while also only picking and choosing who to bother with.
Mmk.  I don't exactly have the mental capacity to engage in five conversations at once, you realize, so of course I pick and choose.

I could full claim to prove that nobody is directly mentioned in my flavor, but that it does hint towards a lot of magic, and that it doesn't directly contradict his claim. In fact, since he claimed before I revealed my flavor, and his flavor points towards complimenting mine, he seems legit. Do you want me to full claim?
Oh no you don't full claim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2014, 03:21:21 pm »

Alright, I've skimmed the game. So, the big thing that happened is Imperial Guardsman doesn't know how to play mafia. He also claimed.

Imperial Guardsman, so how do you know that the cult god thing you're fighting against is the one from Supernatural 6?

Having a little magic in your flavor wouldn't be unusual for a Supernatural game. In any case, claiming magic is basically claiming a power role.

When I'm up for it I'll dig deeper but I think it's a good idea to get the conversation started. I've ignored RVS questions posed to me because meh whatever so if you really want them answered please tell me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2014, 03:23:18 pm »

Groovester: Now that you are up to date, could you tell us your general feeling about each player?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2014, 03:23:27 pm »

Ugh.
Extend.  Day ends tomorrow and I think we're going to need the extra time the way this is going.

It's not all that I have on him, however, I'd have to go over my notes and cross-reference them in order to form a concise thought.
flabort: Why not do this when you're placing your vote, instead of pointing at me and treating that as an argument?
Toaster You have been sliding down my scumometer as I've logged each post this morning. I find you have been aggressive and possibly even actively wanting a mislynch. What are your reads on everybody?
Telling us that your scumometer says something doesn't mean much.  Explain, please.  With evidence.

Imperial Guardsman: You have claimed to be a quasi-survivor who wins if you and an alleged townie live at the end of the game.  Your claim makes sense, and the flavour is good.  I generally believe your claim, though I cannot consider flabort above suspicion based on your claim alone.

However, quasi-survivor as you have claimed it is not a pro-town role, even if attached to a townie.  It is a role that, should we make it to what would normally be >3p LYLO, can and likely will side with the mafia.  In addition, your behaviour has not exactly been town-supportive.

I suggest that if we have a vig, that vig shoot Guardsman.

Im a survivor lover who doesnt sui when my target dies, but instead I get a different Wincon. I doubt I would get an SK or Mafia wincon if Flabort died.
Guardsman: And other non-town wincons aren't anti-town?  Lyncher, which you lean towards, is disruptive and town-harming even if targeting the scum.
4maskwolf, if you wont bother to listen, you are endangering my wincon, and by extension, the towns wincon. I started a broadside against nearly everybody, with accusations of being a third, to make me un noticed by vigs...
Being a disruptive and useless twit flailing at everything and everyone is not vig repellant.  It's a good way to attract vigs.

Lolz you're funny.  This is actually hysterical.  I'm dying laughing right now.
Because if you knew that you needed Flabort to live, then you wouldn't have voted for him in the first place, because you would have already known and not waited for a claim.  And if you didn't know that you needed Flabort alive, then there was no way his claim was sufficient for you to determine that he was the one who needed to stay alive.  Assuming you are telling the truth, which I doubt your vote for him was frankly ridiculous, and really risky.  If your wincon truly relies on him staying alive, then you would never have taken a risk like that, no matter what.  Because what if we had lynched him.  You would have been the one to lose yourself the game.  I've seen you play this game often enough to know that you wouldn't take a risk like that.
4maskwolf: I'm not very fond of poor-tasting wine.  How much of a risk did you think that vote was, considering how little credibility Guardsman had and how people were treating his inane cases?  Have you ever heard of distancing?  With the astounding and risky way Guardsman has been playing today, do you really think he would never take an action that would decrease his chances of winning as much as his vote on flabort (that is, not all that much)?
I treat every vote on me as a lynch vote, and responded accordingly.  I attacked you for having no case against me, as I would for anyone who attempted a lynch vote on me without a strong case.
Why do you treat every vote on you as a lynch vote?  You've been playing here for a while.  You know there is more nuance than that in voting.

notquitethere: So. People (I'd unvoted, and Flabort was starting to express doubts) were starting to move away from a Guardsman lynch.  There was a move away from staring at the trainwreck.  Two votes remained on the guy, and of those, one was by someone who felt Guardsman was moving towards looking town-like.

And then you come in and tell half the game to look at the trainwreck and start talking about it because it looked like the Guardsman lynch would happen.  At the time, you ask him a few questions, but give no opinion.

You justify the push to focus on Guardsman by saying you want to make sure nobody stays silent on major lynch ideas, yes.  Of course, you were silent on whether the lynch was good when you told everyone to give opinions.  With your justification, at least, you give your opinion of Guardsman: he's not helpful and behaves irrationally.  Not really thoughts on whether to lynch him.

You also take a shot at 4maskwolf, and say you suspect him.  For some reason, though, you would rather sit back and keep your old, reasonless flabort vote, instead of voting for someone you suspect.

You're sitting on the sidelines, telling people who to look at and throwing scattered questions around.  Any time you see much attention on a player, you tell half the game to look at that player.  You give little in the way of thoughts on your own, and you repeatedly try to keep the focus of play on whoever gets attention.  Aside from the initial 4maskwolf vote, you don't vote for any suspects.

Who do you think is scum?  Why?
Why are you voting for flabort?
Why so passive?

PPE x A LOT:
*chuckles*

Flabort, check your sources, according to my chart and the lurkertracker the last and only person voted by Toaster is NQT.
4maskwolf: You are aware that votes are not the only tool for pushing mislynches, right?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: You have claimed to be a quasi-survivor who wins if you and an alleged townie live at the end of the game.  Your claim makes sense, and the flavour is good.  I generally believe your claim, though I cannot consider flabort above suspicion based on your claim alone.

However, quasi-survivor as you have claimed it is not a pro-town role, even if attached to a townie.  It is a role that, should we make it to what would normally be >3p LYLO, can and likely will side with the mafia.  In addition, your behaviour has not exactly been town-supportive.

I suggest that if we have a vig, that vig shoot Guardsman.

Im a survivor lover who doesnt sui when my target dies, but instead I get a different Wincon. I doubt I would get an SK or Mafia wincon if Flabort died.
Guardsman: And other non-town wincons aren't anti-town?  Lyncher, which you lean towards, is disruptive and town-harming even if targeting the scum.
Claim Im Townsiding.
Get murdered by scum.
Claim Im Mafsiding.
Get murdered by town.
How about I keep an eye on flabort, and watch the maf and town sort it all out?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »

Lolz you're funny.  This is actually hysterical.  I'm dying laughing right now.
Because if you knew that you needed Flabort to live, then you wouldn't have voted for him in the first place, because you would have already known and not waited for a claim.  And if you didn't know that you needed Flabort alive, then there was no way his claim was sufficient for you to determine that he was the one who needed to stay alive.  Assuming you are telling the truth, which I doubt your vote for him was frankly ridiculous, and really risky.  If your wincon truly relies on him staying alive, then you would never have taken a risk like that, no matter what.  Because what if we had lynched him.  You would have been the one to lose yourself the game.  I've seen you play this game often enough to know that you wouldn't take a risk like that.
4maskwolf: I'm not very fond of poor-tasting wine.  How much of a risk did you think that vote was, considering how little credibility Guardsman had and how people were treating his inane cases?  Have you ever heard of distancing?  With the astounding and risky way Guardsman has been playing today, do you really think he would never take an action that would decrease his chances of winning as much as his vote on flabort (that is, not all that much)?
I wouldn't know, I don't drink.  As for the vote, I have no idea.  By attacking anyone, even another townie, there is always to possibility they slip up accidently and draw fire onto themselves.  It wasn't a major risk, I guess, but in his situation I wouldn't have even started in on it, at least not on day one.

Yes, I know what distancing is, read GBU.  I unvote-bussed one scumbuddy and spent much of the game attacking the other (sorry Cheese).  I am perfectly aware of the strategy and technique of that particular method.

I treat every vote on me as a lynch vote, and responded accordingly.  I attacked you for having no case against me, as I would for anyone who attempted a lynch vote on me without a strong case.
Why do you treat every vote on you as a lynch vote?  You've been playing here for a while.  You know there is more nuance than that in voting.
Yes, I do.  However, that is the way I choose to play the game.  My apologies if that bothers you.

*chuckles*

Flabort, check your sources, according to my chart and the lurkertracker the last and only person voted by Toaster is NQT.
4maskwolf: You are aware that votes are not the only tool for pushing mislynches, right?
Yes, I am.  It happened to me in my first ever game.  I haven't really had an occasion to use them, but I know it does happen.  I'm taking that into account.  I was stating a fact, and seeing what Flabort did with it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »

hwoarp deoaororoap

Hey how about you answer my question. You know, the one I asked less than half an hour ago.

Groovester: Now that you are up to date, could you tell us your general feeling about each player?

That requires a more thorough read through than I have given and I am capable of doing right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2014, 03:45:45 pm »

Why Toaster has been sliding down my scale:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow that's a weak case. Unvote.

@Jack:
Why not cross-ref and double check while voting: Because PPE "32 posts RAWR".
Why I said my scumometer said that: Because I'm relying too much on an aggregate and not enough on concrete evidence. Because I've never seen a game with so much activity. Because even with tons of free time, I don't have enough time to go back 100s of posts to find one post, even though my tracker tool tells me which posts I upvoted and downvoted.

@IG: That's defeatism and bad formatting. Try not to do either (says the guy who broke a bold tag).

PPE: @4mask: And what did I do with the fact and what did it tell you? I'm losing track rapidly here of who's claiming what.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »

PPE: @4mask: And what did I do with the fact and what did it tell you? I'm losing track rapidly here of who's claiming what.
It moved you towards the scum end of the meter.  A townie would have likely made the exact point Jack did about there being other ways to push a mislynch: instead, you meekly back down.  You're experienced enough that it does put a mark against you.  It's a similar trick to the one LARD loves to use, actually.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »

Imperial Guardsman, so how do you know that the cult god thing you're fighting against is the one from Supernatural 6?
Hyperlinks in the words.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »

Jack basically covered what I think about NQT. He seems to be asking "hey guys whats our opinion on lynching xxx" and not having to form his own.

Flabort: your previous post revealed your meter is hilariously flawed. please in the future post your reasons insteAd of numbers.

IG claimed 3rd party and I mostly believe him so I think Ill ignore him for the rest of the day.

Persus why did u reapond for Toaster?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »

I can be a temporary replacement - I'll be around for a few weeks and then leaving to a place without internet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2014, 06:41:02 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Imperial Guardsman, ToonyMan
flabort: notquitethere
Imperial Guardsman: Ottofar, Persus13
notquitethere: Jack A.T., Toaster, zombie urist
Toaster: Tiruin

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday

I can be a temporary replacement - I'll be around for a few weeks and then leaving to a place without internet.
Tiruin, would this work ok for you? Or would you need a permanent replacement?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 80