Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183989 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2014, 08:40:50 pm »

Tiruin: Your vote is on Toaster, yet you are chasing the imperial guardsmen rabbit that has gotten us nowhere.  We now have a revealed third party, at least to the best of our knowledge.  What do you expect to get out of this questioning?
Someone who thinks.
IG is being deliberately obtuse and obfuscating.
What revealed that third party is, still is not as confirmed as my read on him is, given his demeanor, attitude and cognitive abilities to explain himself.

I mean, as a damn bloody priest, he could just easily resurrect flabort!
'Oooooo I'll take the heat off him by roleclaiming priest <3'
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense IG, and you're being as dense as a wall with that one-liner.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2014, 08:42:27 pm »

Tiruin: Your vote is on Toaster, yet you are chasing the imperial guardsmen rabbit that has gotten us nowhere.  We now have a revealed third party, at least to the best of our knowledge.  What do you expect to get out of this questioning?
Someone who thinks.
IG is being deliberately obtuse and obfuscating.
What revealed that third party is, still is not as confirmed as my read on him is, given his demeanor, attitude and cognitive abilities to explain himself.

I mean, as a damn bloody priest, he could just easily resurrect flabort!
'Oooooo I'll take the heat off him by roleclaiming priest <3'
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense IG, and you're being as dense as a wall with that one-liner.
I specitically told everyone IN MY CLAIM that I cant ressurect flabort.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »

Wolf
NQT: Once more, you sit back on your pedestal and direct others what to do.  You say "it will be interesting to see if he actually does that" with regards to my scumhunting, yet do not scumhunt a great deal yourself in the same post.  I'm smelling a contradiction here.  In fact, I'm pretty sure there are no ? in your entire post.
This is absurd. What do you think reviewing every single player in the game and then voting for the scummiest is called if not scumhunting? An attack and a judgement doesn't have to contain a question mark. I fully anticipate (as Tiruin and you have done) people to respond to my reads and I'll chase up those that don't.

PPE x3: Oh look, NQT asks a semantics question about the plurality of a word.
Nope. I was asking IG to clarify that he only has a one-shot revive. Not just semantics by any stretch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »

Wolf
NQT: Once more, you sit back on your pedestal and direct others what to do.  You say "it will be interesting to see if he actually does that" with regards to my scumhunting, yet do not scumhunt a great deal yourself in the same post.  I'm smelling a contradiction here.  In fact, I'm pretty sure there are no ? in your entire post.
This is absurd. What do you think reviewing every single player in the game and then voting for the scummiest is called if not scumhunting? An attack and a judgement doesn't have to contain a question mark. I fully anticipate (as Tiruin and you have done) people to respond to my reads and I'll chase up those that don't.
I'm not going to get started in a semantics argument about the definition of scumhunting, I'm too tired right now.

Tiruin: yadda yadda yadda Random stuff that makes no sense
Someone who thinks.
Lolz no I don't.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2014, 08:57:23 pm »

Tiruin: yadda yadda yadda Random stuff that makes no sense
Someone who thinks.
Lolz no I don't.
...Random stuff?
Alright, I quit.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2014, 09:38:53 pm »

flabort: Why'd you claim there? You do note that such claims are taken into scrutiny, yes?
Yeah. Every claim I've seen so far has been analyzed to heck and back. I was aware that it would get picked apart. I claimed there because if I didn't, I'd be branded a third party, or worse, I'd get lynched and not be able to put together my puzzle.
Flabort had yet to respond to my question,
Oh, ahah, at first I thought you said "has yet", not "had yet", I was going to ask you what question I missed. :)
Unless I did?
Flabort
Votes Imperial, saying "It's clear he is scum, but wants 3rd Party victory far less than he wants a town victory", but this case is wholly withdrawn when Imperial claims to be his lover watching out for him. Then he makes a loose case on Toaster, which is revoked after being revisited. This willingness to re-examine one's cases is admirable, but the lack of commitment to a lynch is also something we often see in scum who don't want to make enemies. My read on him somewhat depends on what he does next, but right now he's a fair candidate for being town. It's possible his spreadsheet method is used as a false screen to show objectivity where there is none.
At this point I would angrily claim "Oh, you want me to commit to a lynch? Fine!" and vote whomever had the most votes, being, you, and you'd declare me scum and I'd be lynched.
I'm afraid of mislynching. Not of committing.
I don't think anyone that is currently posting a lot is scum. Toaster, maybe, but my case on him is too weak to pursue.

I would like to take a closer look at Jim Groovester and Ottofar.

Ottofar, you claim Jim and Toony are reliable scum hunters. What do you think of their play so far this game?

Jim You have yet to post anything relevant or, dare I say it, new. You jumped on the IG conversation when it was cooling down, and answered some quick questions (mostly with the answer of being too busy to answer). Do you have anything relevant or new to say?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:07 pm »

I can support an extend for getting more out of certain people, especially people named Jim.

4mask:
Flabort, check your sources, according to my chart and the lurkertracker the last and only person voted by Toaster is NQT.

Why the hell did you answer this before he had a chance to?  This is exactly the trap I was setting for him, and you went and warned him off.  It is exactly this reason that people get mad over answering questions for other people.

Flabort:
I could full claim to prove that nobody is directly mentioned in my flavor, but that it does hint towards a lot of magic, and that it doesn't directly contradict his claim. In fact, since he claimed before I revealed my flavor, and his flavor points towards complimenting mine, he seems legit. Do you want me to full claim?

Fair enough.  No, I don't want you to full claim.  I'm about 90% sure what your role is, and I've certainly got it narrowed to a short list.  Considering that, I see no benefit for you claiming further.

Who are you trying to kill?: NQT, 4mask, IG. You are so desperate to get one of them killed, consequences be damned.
You're not actually that desperate, but I'm pretty sure IG is pro-town at the moment, and the other two lean town for me.

Bullshit.  Quote me trying to get 4mask killed.

And that read list I said I'd give:

Scummy, roughly most to least:
NQT
IG *More for his claim.  I really do not trust it.  His play is... spastic.
You, a bit, for spreading bullshit
Something about Jiokuy bugs me a bit, but I'm not sure what.

Townish read:
...Nobody, really. Everyone else hovers around null (or hasn't posted enough to give a read [Tiruin, Jim, ZU])

Wow that's a weak case.

At least you admit it.

NQT:
Zombie Urist
Does he only post from his phone?

Typically, yes.

Toaster, One of my goals for today is that whoever ends up being lynched, every player knows that they are responsible for it. That means everyone has to back a case. I'm not sure IG is the best target yet, hence why I'm still chasing other people up, but I'm sure I'm going to have a vote on someone for a good reason by the end of the day. Getting everyone's insight on the most interesting things to happen during the day increases engagement and gives us all more to work with. Scum want to stay silent when town are getting lynched for bad reasons, and, though they don't want to be obvious about it, they want to prevent their scumbuddies being lynched. Asking everyone about the players up for lynching makes it certain that scum will have commented on the lynch.

Does that all make sense? I'm not saying 'hey everyone, let's lynch such and such', I'm saying 'such and such is looking like they might be lynched, and if they are then you are partly culpable for letting it happen so what are your reasons?'

That reasoning is all well and good, but frankly I'm not sure I trust your intentions.  The first time you did it was two full days before day end.  Just a bit over 24 hours from game start, even!  That's waaay too far in advance to be playing that sort of card.  You then did it again 12 hours later.  Sure, getting people to talk is good, but I don't trust where you are going with this.  It almost looks like you're setting up to drive a mislynch on someone D2 if they're on a mislynch today, especially the underlined bit in the quote above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »

Extend, sorry Toaster  :(.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2014, 09:53:12 pm »

Extend.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2014, 09:57:02 pm »

@NQT I disagree that everyone is responsible for mislynches. At least not everyone is equally responsible. It looks to me that you want to equalize the blame for mislynches.

Extend I actually don't usually post from phone but I've been busier than I expected at work especially since we are launching our product soon.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »

Ooh, which new product?

I have to say I'm neutral on the NQT vs Toaster argument: if someone got mislynched, I'd feel it would be partially my fault, but mostly the fault of whomever I suspect of being scum and/or is voting the lynchee.
Meaning, I agree with NQT that everyone has a hand in mislynching, but not everyone is quite as to blame as the people who push everyone else into the lynch.

@Toaster:
I'm afraid I cannot find where you were pushing for 4mask as a target, but I was thinking at the moment I had seen it.
This is one reason for my scumometer, so I can keep track of who said what, and one reason I need to refine it and my use of it.
Yes, I admit my case is weak, once I actually go over my notes. So I backed down off my vote.
Speaking of Jiokuy...

Jiokuy Where are you? I have your last post # down at 178, that's on page 3. It's page 7 already. Do you want to weigh in? Maybe give us your reads?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2014, 11:20:35 pm »

Holy Moley, we've gotten 200 posts in one day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still seeing Zombie Urist as a null due to inactivity, but I under stand why. Extend for more information. (and to give myself some time to actually hunt now that I am home)

I feel like this game despite being very active, has failed to achieve much of anything. All of the side (not IG / Flabort) hunts seem to be met with deflection, or fizzle out. I'm slightly afraid this might be a game with very few townies in it from how everyone has been playing. I wish I could spark a new debate, I just haven't played enough games to know how to ask the hard questions. . .

Tiruin I really wish you hadn't stirred up the IG pot again. It makes it really hard to get any reads. . .(yeah I know you left)

Ugh, Including myself we have ~5 active lurkers. The 3-4 people who are scum hunting alternate between jabbing each other, attacking IG for information, and deflecting each others jabs. I see barely any straight answers from any of you. I guess I'm used to a lot less emotional mafia. :l I'm looking for the ephemeral good question, but I can't even see who to target. Who do I vote for when the town are acting scummy?

With that said. I'm really curious about the "bad stuff" IG said his revive had a 50% chance of stirring up. Why again would we even consider taking the risk of letting something out?

I'm sorry, this is such a cluster of chaos.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2014, 01:09:08 am »

Jack basically covered what I think about NQT. He seems to be asking "hey guys whats our opinion on lynching xxx" and not having to form his own.
zombie urist: Phone post or not, this is lazy.  I request a detailed response to NQT's defense and reads post.

First note -- stuff stuff flabort third party :O
Tiruin: I do not think this is the post you meant to link to.

Because I'm relying too much on an aggregate and not enough on concrete evidence.
flabort: And how do you intend to fix this?

Ugh, Including myself we have ~5 active lurkers. The 3-4 people who are scum hunting alternate between jabbing each other, attacking IG for information, and deflecting each others jabs. I see barely any straight answers from any of you.
Jiokuy: Please name names.  Also, can you show examples of answers that are not straight?

notquitethere: I recognize that you have given reasons for your attention-pushing behaviour.  I reject them.  There is a disconnect between your expressed views on the importance of everyone's thoughts on lynches being stated and your actions.

You assert that everyone should be open about their opinions on each major lynch push.  For some reason, though, it took Persus pointing out the lack of your opinion on IG for you to give even the vague preliminary thoughts you gave on him.  Why didn't you give at least that much in the first place?  Why hold yourself to a lower standard than everyone else here? 

You also take a shot at 4maskwolf, and say you suspect him.  For some reason, though, you would rather sit back and keep your old, reasonless flabort vote, instead of voting for someone you suspect.
Flabort had yet to respond to my question, I didn't want to unvote before getting a response back. Standard practice really. I knew there wasn't a super hurry as I'd be about to post plenty before the end of the day.
Quick questions: Do you normally prioritize this sort of procedure over voting for suspects?  Did you feel that your vote would do any good where it was?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2014, 02:46:33 am »

Ooh, activity. Anyway, I got a driving lesson, will post after. I think IG should never revive, I'dn't like an extra SK running around.  Also, way to paint a target on flabort, saying his death is bad for town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2014, 03:18:06 am »

unvote
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80