Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183908 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #390 on: June 16, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

IG:
Flabort, why did you feel you had to get IG off yourself?
Offofar, why did you feel you had to vote Flabort? Hes done nothing suspicious and I CONFIRMED HIM AS TOWN MULTIPLE TIMES AND HE CLAIMS INVESTIGATIVE.

Do I really have to explain what confirmed means again?  (Hint: He's not confirmed at all)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2014, 03:00:23 pm »

Anyway, let's look back at NQT:

Here, 24 hours after game start, he's already talking about the vote leader (barely) getting lynched.  He said later on that...

I was a bit confused over how much longer the day was going to be, but that's not really an excuse.

Yet before he first said it...

Do you think you're going to be engaged enough with the game to be able to give your reads on Friday?

...he mentioned the game end time.  Hmm.

Digging deeper on the second time he asked that type of question, I notice all his questions are requests for the target to refine their case and/or read.  While that is all well and good, he's doing so in lieu of offering his own opinions.  This following post is more of the same.  While he does offer "reads" of people, they're actually all noncommittal.

Does commit and read in this post.

Chasing people about their reads (and lack thereof) is a perfectly fine tactic, but not if you don't provide your own.  I'm seeing now that NQT has been postponing his reads up for one "big reveal" at the end.  I'm still digesting on this whether it's truly being done on a scummy level, but he's at best borderline.

To boil it down to one sentence, my vote came because I didn't trust your intentions.

Also, NQT, I'm not going to enumerate people I have weak/no read on; I'm going to be hitting the high points.  If you want to know what I think about a particular player, ask me.

Persus:
notquitethere:
I like your table of reads. Looks like most people think Jack A T is town, ZU is scummy, and Tiruin is null or slight scum.

What conclusions do you draw from this?

Read on Persus:  I'm not particularly impressed with his level of content, but I haven't actually seen him do anything outright negative.  No negative lean, but keeping an eye out for him.

Toony is being really uncharacteristically quiet.  Besides his vote on 4mask and ZU (the latter not strong), pretty much all the content he posted was in his read post, which was minimum-effort and noncommittal.  Just look at these:

Spoiler: Toony's read post (click to show/hide)

About the only real stands he makes here are NQT and 4mask.  Toony, why are you coasting through D1?

Ottofar:  I found one thing odd about him.  During the IG Incident, he unvotes 4mask to vote IG.  He then drops this and never goes back to it.  Ottofar, what happened to your 4mask case?

Zombie Urist has been busy with futbol and product launches.  I was about to rip into him until this post where he finally articulates cases on people.  Still, awfully late to start taking a stand.

He does, however, get a black mark for his case on Persus:

Persus13: Almost none of his posts have any useful comments. He has never built a serious case on any person he voted for.

Until this post, this same statement was true for ZU.

Unvote NQT.  I don't like what I've seen so far out of you, but at least you are coming forth with cases.  Late, yes, but better than people like ZU are doing.  Do know that I still do not trust your intentions, and you're still leaning a bit scummy.

ToonyMan, however, isn't really committing even when he pretends to do so.

As it turns out I dislike posting like this.  I'd rather talk to people than about them.  If someone's name isn't here, my read hasn't changed since last time I posted an opinion of them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Jim, Do you really think so many people are null/neutral?

Yes, really. If people play their regular game, which I've noted that several people are doing, then that tells me nothing and hence I have a null read on them.

Also, having a neutral read, as I clarified to 4maskwolf, means scumminess and towniness in equal parts and is more informative than a null read.

TheWetSheep has replaced in for 4maskwolf.
So 4maskwolf really was a wolf in sheep's clothing...

Badumtiss

@Jim Groovebot:
You're being way more childish than normal! Where's our ultra competent Sigma?

More childish than normal? Then what's the average level of childishness that people expect out of me?

Also, this isn't Sigma, this is M. Bison, and I feel like recently (i.e. the past couple of years) I have not played well in games of mafia.

Jim, his first vote was reasonable, even though it was directed at the guy voting him. The second one is less so, and again an OMGUS. I can sympathize with being annoyed at everybody complaining about the absence, though. Still, a scum, I think, trying to scare his voters away.

Do you disagree with my opinion on Jiokuy?

I want more thorough opinions.

Have you no opinions of your own about those four players? What are you going to do with these opinions once you have them?

Also, why are you voting me?

As for splash, and passive, does not claiming first mean anything?

Not really what I had in mind. There are positive ways and negative ways of attracting attention. I was more thinking of the positive ways, i.e., being aggressive, questioning people, and all that other good town stuff.

Claiming in reaction to an aggressive but nonsensical attack is not a positive way of attracting attention to yourself.

Speaking of "snobby" and "rude".

I have never claimed to be polite in a mafia game. Being rude and abrasive in a mafia games is not a scumtell.

Flabort, why did you feel you had to get IG off yourself?
Offofar, why did you feel you had to vote Flabort? Hes done nothing suspicious and I CONFIRMED HIM AS TOWN MULTIPLE TIMES AND HE CLAIMS INVESTIGATIVE.

You assume that people believe you or that they care about your opinion.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »

Now Jack, I resent your comment about my  competency. I was trying a new strategy, and if you don't like it you should say so rather than insult me.

Also, yay surgery is over. I don't regret replacing out, though, because I'm groggy from pain meds.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled game of mafia. Consider this my "bah" post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 16, 2014, 07:05:22 pm »

Now Jack, I resent your comment about my  competency. I was trying a new strategy, and if you don't like it you should say so rather than insult me.

Also, yay surgery is over. I don't regret replacing out, though, because I'm groggy from pain meds.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled game of mafia. Consider this my "bah" post.
You could do with being less blunt then.
Also heal well! :)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 16, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2014, 07:27:23 pm »

You could do well with watching your language and analogies, IG. Jim isn't Dariush, nor does he exemplify anything Dariush is. Dariush as himself ain't bad either--just frivolent with his...attitude.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2014, 07:31:11 pm »

You could do well with watching your language and analogies, IG. Jim isn't Dariush, nor does he exemplify anything Dariush is. Dariush as himself ain't bad either--just frivolent with his...attitude.
They both hate me for absolutely no reason and are very adamant about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »

I've played with Dariush a lot longer than you, and this isn't Dariush-style.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 17, 2014, 12:35:52 am »

I've played with Dariush a lot longer than you, and this isn't Dariush-style.
^

Also, it isn't hate :V
And even if it was: It's your attitude. NOT YOU.
Please understand that distinction.

@Toaster: Answered your query on the unvote thing back there.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 17, 2014, 02:06:52 am »

The votes look something like this:

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
flabort: Ottofar
Jim Groovester: flabort, Jiokuy
Jiokuy: Jim Groovester, Persus13
notquitethere: Jack A.T.
Ottofar: TheWetSheep, Imperial Guardsman
Persus13: zombie urist
zombie urist: notquitethere, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Toaster

There's a four way tie and the day ends today.

blub
ladies and gentlemen
dariush 2.0

How can I be Dariush when I haven't called anybody a shitlord or told them to die in a fire?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 17, 2014, 05:11:56 am »

Jiokuy: Everything points to you being scum.

1. You don't press a case until after the first deadline.
2. You've only pressed one case in the entire game. Not including RVS, every other player (even Tiruin!) has pressed at least two cases.
3. When you do finally vote someone, you call them 'not as scummy as you're used to', as if you're anticipating them flipping town after all.
4. On your reads, you only think two players are scummy (not including IG, who you believe is a malicious third-party). Town tend to actually suspect other players, scum have to manufacture these suspicions.
5. Your reads are facile at best: you give a read on just Sheep rather than the whole Wolf-Sheep slot, for instance.

In your favour, your initial case on Jim raised valid objections, but it wasn't spoken from a position of personal strength. Jim's play has been passive and reactionary and he refuses to commit when giving reads... but he's still been doing a better job than you.

ZU, I've still got my eye on you. Let's see what happens when Jiokuy flips.

Sheep
NQT: You're not actually adding content, just compiling other peoples'. ZU has started posting; is he still lynchworthy?
I've only got so many hours in the day: I've been sharing my findings as they've come, but I've continued reviewing the evidence and I've since found a stronger case.

Toaster, Sheep, Ottofar, what do you think about the players you didn't mention?
Null. That's why I didn't mention them.
I see, so they're exactly as town as they are scummy to you then...? Initially I thought not being able to express reads might be a scum tell but I went and double checked my grid of reads for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, and Deathsword, the town patsy, was the worst at forming reads by a long stretch. Are you a patsy?

Persus
I like your table of reads. Looks like most people think Jack A T is town, ZU is scummy, and Tiruin is null or slight scum.
That's the general consensus, though if everyone thinks something it may be a bit suspect as some of the players are necessarily lying about what they think.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:19 am »

There's a four way tie and the day ends today.
Wrong.Unvote, Jiokuy, king of lurkers

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2014, 09:16:57 am »

Also, Jioukuy— you said Zombie Urist is "Lurker, seems ok. Null leaning scum." How can someone who is a lurker and leaning scum seem ok?

And why is Flabort neutral AND suspicious but Toonyman just neutral and not suspicious. Surely if Flabort is suspicious there's a reason why and it means they're not neutral?

Imperial Guardsman, just because almost everyone accepts that you're probably an insane third-party player, doesn't mean you get a free pass on not submitting reads. It's possibe someone will kill you in the night, it would be good to see your thoughts on the other players before then.

[size=14]Meph[/size], ifwill Tiruin's slot be modkilled at some point or will the slot remain empty until filled?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 17, 2014, 09:26:44 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
flabort: Ottofar
Jim Groovester: flabort, Jiokuy
Jiokuy: Imperial Guardsman, Jim Groovester, notquitethere, Persus13
notquitethere: Jack A.T.
Ottofar: TheWetSheep
Persus13: zombie urist
ToonyMan: Toaster
zombie urist: ToonyMan

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today

Tiruin's slot will remain open for a bit longer, but if it goes unfilled too long, then, yes, I'd need to remove it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 80