Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183842 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »

I am here but I don't want to vote zombie urist, not even to save a vig claim.

I've been getting a hail mary vibe from the stuff Jiokuy's done this late in the day anyway.

Also, Werebear from Supernatural 5 was a PGO-type role, not a vigilante, but I suppose it's possible that can change between games.

Also, I'd expect somebody with that role to spell it correctly at least.

Meph, are the possible roles in the OP always the same between games, or is there the possibility that they can change?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2014, 05:02:05 pm »

*sigh*

ZU: Certainly another lurker, but I can't prove ZU is scum.

I'm not so sure about this vote, anyone care to chime in?

@NQT Fair point, assuming I'm not protected I'll die tonight anyways. But yeah, I got unlucky regarding the end of the day and the backlash from my foolish attempt at attacking. Except it wasn't really me getting unlucky, but the buildup of suspicion that was forestalled in the earlier days I guess. I'll do better next time. I did learn quite alot from this game.

Thanks for letting me play. :)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 17, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »

AFAIK, the wearbear isn't a vig, its a PGO. Monster Hunter is the vig.

I think it's more useful to lynch Imperial Guardsman. Sorry I can't put much more time in.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 17, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »

AFAIK, the wearbear isn't a vig, its a PGO. Monster Hunter is the vig.

Then why is Joikuy claiming to be a werebear that acts like a vigilante?

Stuff doesn't add up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 17, 2014, 05:07:24 pm »

Jim, I assume because they're vaguely defined in the OP, there can be a bit of variation, though isn't it mainly the knights who are vigilantes?

Next time, Jiokuy, try to press a case earlier and if you're definitely going to be lynched otherwise, consider claiming as soon as it looks that way.

I'm thinking at this stage, ZU & Jiokuy might be scumbuddies given how they're voting...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 17, 2014, 05:09:16 pm »

I'd retract replacement and force myself to play despite real bad net/RL stuff if the modkill is to be the last resort method here. o_o

Though I may be absent until 2 days from now due to...issues.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 17, 2014, 05:12:06 pm »

Jack A.T. - He falls too close to the middle of the line to make a read
Jim Groovester - wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo
ToonyMan - minor scum lean
flabort - town investigative
Persus13 - minor town lean
notquitethere - THE MAN MADE AN ENTIRE SPREADSHEET AND DISTRIBUTED IT TO THE TOWN. HE IS DEVOTING THIS DAY TO SCUMHUNTING.
Tiruin - likely village.
Toaster - broken, wont toast likely town
zombie urist - Most likely village, dead weight though
TheWetSheep - wot
Ottofar - Very townsided on the scale.
Jiokuy - Eradicate.
Imperial Guardsman - Third Party
Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 17, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »

Jim, I assume because they're vaguely defined in the OP, there can be a bit of variation, though isn't it mainly the knights who are vigilantes?

No, Monster Hunters are the Vigilantes. Knights are NK-immune. They have always been this way. As far as I can recall, there are no cases where the roles in the OP vary between games, which is why I'm asking Meph about it. (Okay not completely true. There are Witches and Lone Witches, which are different roles, but even these have been consistent through multiple Supernaturals.)

If there's no possibility for variation for the roles in the OP then Jiokuy is a fakeclaiming scoundrel.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 17, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »

Jiokuy please flavor claim too if you have time

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 17, 2014, 06:28:59 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
flabort: Ottofar
Imperial Guardsman: Jiokuy, zombie urist
Jiokuy: Imperial Guardsman, Jim Groovester, notquitethere, Persus13
notquitethere: Jack A.T.
Ottofar: TheWetSheep
Toaster: flabort
ToonyMan: Toaster
zombie urist: ToonyMan

The sun dips very low in the sky, and time has run out.

The votes are tallied, and Jiokuy has been selected. The high priest walks forward and paints the symbol of Justice upon his brow.

He twitches for a moment, and then shudders, hugging himself and curling down into a crouch as though in pain. Then his body grows rapidly. Clothing tears, fur sprouting along the exposed flesh. His face changes, growing beastial. His hands grow claws. Finally the shape of a great Bear stands before you, growling in pain and anger.

Jiokuy's voice comes from its mouth, but deeper and full of anger.

"You dare pass judgement upon me?! You who cursed me to this form? You who took my life from me and condemned me to nights as a foul beast?! I do not accept it! I reject your judgement, and I give you mine in turn!"

He attempts to slash the High Priest, who has stumbled back in fear, but as his paw gets close his eyes suddenly cloud over and the paw stops. He shudders, great waves wracking the bear's form. And then he collapses, dead.

Composing himself, the High Priest looks out at the rest of you. "Jiokuy was a Werebear, that much is obvious. But he was no friend of this town. It seems the gods had cursed him for his sins, and he in turn took it upon himself to be a force for evil as a Killer. But he was not the threat that the gods are truly worried about. We are safer now, yes, but still all in great danger. May the gods keep the Just safe tonight."

With that he dismissed you, and you feel a compulsion to return to your house before true night falls.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!

@Jim: Roles can change between games, although it is uncommon. Sometimes the changes are minor, sometimes they are not. (Sextons no longer see Warlock activity, for instance, to make them actually useful).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Night 1
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2014, 04:30:44 pm »

The twelve of you return to the Temple, compelled by the Ritual to fulfil your part of this Rite.

No deaths the night before. A good thing, you can only assume, but it means that evil still lurks out amongst the circle.

An evil you must find, if you are to save the town!

Day has started! It will go until ~4pm Pacific Monday

Hapah has replaced in for Tiruin.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #446 on: June 18, 2014, 04:51:01 pm »

Hot damn. we've probably got a cult. Or a highly discriminating guard. It's quite late here and I've got hundreds of books to unpack, but let's get the day rolling...

Has anyone confirmed scum in the night? I'd assume you'd say anyway, but you know, it can't hurt to ask.

TheWetSheep: did you really think Ottofar was the best candidate for lynching yesterday?

Imperial Guardsman: other than flailing about and shouting in all caps, how are you going to earn your survival through this day?

flabort: I know you say you've got a minor investigative role. Would it be safe to share what you learned last night?

ToonyMan: Should we lynch Zombie Urist today?

Jim: Are you pleased with the resolution of the Jiokuy lynch?

Ottofar: Was Flabort really the best person to be after at the end of day 1?

Persus13: Have your reads changed on anyone given their actions at the end of Day 1?

Hapah: When you've read through the game, I'd like your reads please.

Toaster: Shooting from the hip, if you had to day kill someone right now, who would that be?

Zombie Urist: Why were you trying to press a lynch on the player most likely to be a third party. Aren't we here to kill scum?

Jack: So, am I still most likely scum in your eyes?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 18, 2014, 05:09:43 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: other than flailing about and shouting in all caps, how are you going to earn your survival through this day?
I already told you that Im acting as a Priest for the town, I just want flabort alive.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 18, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »

flabort: I know you say you've got a minor investigative role. Would it be safe to share what you learned last night?
Sure, but it's of little enough importance. It would be safe to share what I learned, but there's little enough reason to.
Eh, I'll do it anyways. Why not, right? Don't want to hang onto it too long and die before I share (and in NSBM I successfully as scum claimed cop after the real cop held on too long, so claiming late is bad here too). I'm a sage and I get my information passively; I get information from books and stars, my power comes from learning (magic is not implied to be my power source, but from my night 0 information I know there is magic). I may have been descended from a powerful warrior, but my flavor doesn't mention it.

Night0: We're in the middle of a big honking ley line. People who want powers have tried to use it before. (This may support reference to previous games, and may support the GolemCult theory; though the former is more likely than the latter)

Night1: I went stargazing. A wandering constellation (known, ironically, as "Viliir, The Wanderer") has intersected another constellation (Known as the Mirror), forming another (Called the Death's Head). I also felt chills and an evil crackling. Even after I heated the fire up. Apparently, at this time, evil magic is at it's most potent. This is a vile omen indeed.

So I'm pretty sure this means we've got a flavor cult or a cabal of wizards on our hands, and they've got some strong power roles. Or at least very magical flavors.

Imperial Guardsman I trusted your claim earlier, and am still willing to; but are you SURE you're planning on using my blood for good? You're not part of this cult? The stars are not aligned right for you?

Hapah Welcome, feel free to let us know if Tiruin/you had/have a night action that worked in town's favor last night.

Toaster If you were scum, at this point, which team mates would you most believe to be capable of recovering from not killing last night? Or, if you're a mechanical cult (as in, converting), who would you have most liked to convert last night?

Jack Should I survive to day 3, do you think my power might reveal who is in the scum team? Do you have a flavor you'd like to claim? Maybe something to do with... golems? Vampires? Werecreatures? Witches? I'm guessing wildly here, but I suspect you have a power role of some sort.

Jim, Zombie, Otto It is day 2. What information can you share with the town? What changes in your reads do you have? Do you have any reason to be silent today?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:07 pm »

My previous post got eaten by the internet so Ill rewrite it later but Flabort you are blatantly rolefishing
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80