Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183906 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2014, 07:14:44 pm »

NQT:
Toast, you looked to be voting me accusing me of being a 3rd party. Thus implying you don't think I'm scum. Make your case clear.

Important:  I define "scum" as "anti-town" instead of "Mafia team."

I'm not basing my scum reads primarily on player's reads: those reads just present starting points for cases and a judge of player engagement which is the strongest town tell.

So are most played non-engaged?  How does that affect your methodology?

Jack:  I will gladly answer that after NQT responds to my clarification.

Jim:
My read on [ToonyMan] softened overnight, and I'm less sure now.

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????????

What made you say, 'You know, ToonyMan isn't as bad as I thought despite having voted him.'?

I sat on it, looked over it again, and decided that nothing I accused him of had solid support.  That said, he hasn't really improved things today, so he's still on my scumspect list*.

Remember, I was considering moving my vote even as of the end of D1, so this really shouldn't come as shocking.

Toony:  So where's the Toony Tunnel on ZU?

Speaking of ZU, I really don't see the cases on him.

*Right now, in no particular order, I suspect NQT, Sheep, Flabort, and Toony.  [IG is obvnontown so I hope that goes without saying]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »

I'm really busy again. Sorry. :(

Flabort please never use that cyan color ever again.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

This isn't Cyan, its turquoise.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2014, 07:55:44 pm »

This isn't Cyan, its turquoise.
Regardless, if it bothers me as a spectator, it will bother the players.

Also, the color tag is labelled cyan, so no.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 21, 2014, 08:00:41 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 21, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »

Jim So your post is, in summary, "Toaster is too strong to read, your Ottofar point is invalid, RVS questions have no use outside RVS, no I won't answer them. A good post takes hours to make, get real dumbass. You trimmed a post that has what you say I don't have, I'm a jerk doesn't mean I'm scum, you mention scum hunters that target me in your post."
Is that in essence what you said?
Also, the two people I mentioned, Ottofar and NQT, posted that they suspect you. They did not question or grill you that I can see.
Also, why was my post "Horrible to respond to"? Was it the cyan? In that case, any post with the color navy is horrible for me to respond to. Was it the formatting? I used spoilers to cut down the wall of text.
As to why answer the questions, because you're avoiding them. Because the game went BACK to RVS for a period of time, and may go back in again if this day proves fruitless. Because the questions are hard questions, at least Toaster's and NQT's are.

I don't see what the problem is. However, as I use the darkling theme, I guess it might show up as something glaring on the other theme.

Toonyman What, exactly, makes me "crazy"? My case on Toaster? My case on Jim?

Meph(+Toaster) Since it shows who edited a post last, could Meph spoiler Toaster's big jarring image? It clashes horribly with the dark background.
Toaster Why do specifically suspect the four people you do? Have any of your other reads changed since last time you posted them?

TheWetSheep, Hapah, ZU, Persus, IG Is it crazy that I suspect Toaster and Jim of being a scum team together? Is my case against either of them stupid or unconvincing? What are your feelings on Jim? On Toaster?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

Jim So your post is, in summary, "Toaster is too strong to read, your Ottofar point is invalid, RVS questions have no use outside RVS, no I won't answer them. A good post takes hours to make, get real dumbass. You trimmed a post that has what you say I don't have, I'm a jerk doesn't mean I'm scum, you mention scum hunters that target me in your post."
Is that in essence what you said?

Yes, that is a passable summary. You can add 'And you're WRONG!' as well, but that should be implied.

Was it the formatting?

Yes.

As to why answer the questions, because you're avoiding them. Because the game went BACK to RVS for a period of time, and may go back in again if this day proves fruitless. Because the questions are hard questions, at least Toaster's and NQT's are.

You don't disagree that they're irrelevant but you still want them answered.

Whatever, have it your way. Enjoy learning nothing about the game.

Jim Groovester What style of play does a Supernatural game best suit?

The style that helps your team win. I.E., the usual strong town day game with lots of scumhunting or the scum strong day game with lots of fake scumhunting.

Jim Groovester If there is two anti-town teams or a serial killer, what would your response to hunt them be?

It depends on how much knowledge I already have about the teams, and also what's the bigger threat. I would attempt to find and eliminate the bigger threat.

This is assuming that such scumhunting finesse is possible, which I find it usually is not.

So basically I'm just going to scumhunt like normal.

Jim:  Let's assume you're a Vampire Lord and it's N2.  A couple less "townie" players have claimed strong roles.  Would you base your conversion attempt to pick up a powerful role, or would you rather get a strong town player?

If the players have claimed then the shit has probably already hit the fan, in which case, I would need the strong roles for neutralization and for WIFOM. Under normal circumstances, the strong town players are the better choice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

Guardsman: How do you judge when the time is right for your vote?  What makes this the right time?
Its kinda something internal, It just felt like the wrong time before.
But what made it the right time? You haven't asked ZU anything today. Hell, you haven't asked anyone anything today. Was it the right time just because you thought you could get away with it?

Flabort has claimed this sage info:

"Night0: We're in the middle of a big honking ley line. People who want powers have tried to use it before. (This may support reference to previous games, and may support the GolemCult theory; though the former is more likely than the latter)"

"Night1: I went stargazing. A wandering constellation (known, ironically, as "Viliir, The Wanderer") has intersected another constellation (Known as the Mirror), forming another (Called the Death's Head). I also felt chills and an evil crackling. Even after I heated the fire up. Apparently, at this time, evil magic is at it's most potent. This is a vile omen indeed."
Evil magic again points to generic cultists who sacrifice their victims and have a team kill and may or may not have a one-shot conversion.

Does anyone else have any insight on all this?
Best I've got is that evil lives inside the Wanderer: when he looks within himself (mirror) he finds darkness (Death's Head). Doesn't actually get us anywhere and it's kinda obvious, but you did ask.

@Toaster:
Toony:  Ever since your first post of the day where you vote ZU, you've done pretty much nothing besides answer questions.  What are you doing to get ZU lynched?  Who else would you not mind seeing lynched?
It's true, my pressure is fairly light. I'm only asking him about one question a post. He's getting votes from other players too, and he is up on the chopping block so I'm interested in how he'll react.
Why'd you vote him in the first place, again? For the voteswap at the end of D1, or for not answering your request for reads? Something else?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2014, 01:48:38 pm »

Toast
Important:  I define "scum" as "anti-town" instead of "Mafia team."
OK. I'm town though and have never claimed otherwise. On what basis do you make your attack? You've never denied being a necromancer or ghoul, should I vote you for that?

I'm not basing my scum reads primarily on player's reads: those reads just present starting points for cases and a judge of player engagement which is the strongest town tell.
So are most played non-engaged?  How does that affect your methodology?
No, most players are moderately engaged and some players are only lightly engaged. It's not just the reads I look at, but also (mostly) the cases people actually press.

Ottofar I get that you're busy, but do you intend to make use of your vote today?

Hapah, you've not made a single case all day. Tiruin, while she was here, managed two weak votes which she rescinded. Do you trust the rest of us to lynch scum on your behalf?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
flabort: Persus13
Jim Groovester: TheWetSheep
notquitethere: Toaster, zombie urist
Persus13: Jim Groovester
Hapah: notquitethere
Toaster: flabort
zombie urist: Imperial Guardsman, Jack A.T., ToonyMan

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2014, 06:34:21 pm »

That's around 24 hours, right?

IG, Jack, Toony What about ZU justifies your votes? If you don't change votes, ZU is the current lynch leader. Are you really OK with that?

Toaster, Jim What about NQT and Persus justifies your votes?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »

IG, Jack, Toony What about ZU justifies your votes? If you don't change votes, ZU is the current lynch leader. Are you really OK with that?
IDGAF, ZU has contributed absolutely nothing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2014, 06:39:12 pm »

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. What do you think of his sexton claim?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2014, 06:39:43 pm »

If it isn't a fake claim, we are screwed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »

@Toaster:
Toony:  So where's the Toony Tunnel on ZU?
Hmmm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJSqlkX5tEc
Nice song.

@Flabort:
Toonyman What, exactly, makes me "crazy"? My case on Toaster? My case on Jim?
Telling everybody to claim.

If I'm not pressuring him very hard, he's not trying to do anything about it very hard either. As of this post I am a-okay with a ZU lynch.

@Hapah:
@Toaster:
Toony:  Ever since your first post of the day where you vote ZU, you've done pretty much nothing besides answer questions.  What are you doing to get ZU lynched?  Who else would you not mind seeing lynched?
It's true, my pressure is fairly light. I'm only asking him about one question a post. He's getting votes from other players too, and he is up on the chopping block so I'm interested in how he'll react.
Why'd you vote him in the first place, again? For the voteswap at the end of D1, or for not answering your request for reads? Something else?
Because I wanted to see if he was scum. I'm placing my bets that he's a Cult Sexton at this point.

@Imperial Guardsman:
If it isn't a fake claim, we are screwed.
Why is that?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 80