Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183852 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2014, 07:06:09 pm »

@Imperial Guardsman:
IDGAF, ZU has contributed absolutely nothing.
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. What do you think of his sexton claim?
If it isn't a fake claim, we are screwed.
Why is that?
Because we either have an SK or an SK with an unstoppable attack, both of which are incredibly dangerous.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2014, 07:11:16 pm »

Extend.  We seem to have much left to discuss, and I really want to get a reread in after setting my BYOR up.

On ZU: He's gone from his initial parroting, uselessness (with an odd last-minute third party vote) to his current prioritization of serial killers over the almost-definite cult when it comes to lynching.  The guy even has another suspect he recently spent three consecutive posts (2 of which were massive walls of text) attacking, and he'd rather go for someone he suspects is a serial killer.  He's a fine lynch target, in my eyes.

If you don't change votes, ZU is the current lynch leader. Are you really OK with that?
flabort: Yes.

I must say, I love the "really" there.  Is there a reason why I shouldn't be OK with a ZU lynch?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. What do you think of his sexton claim?
You're a third party who is "we"?

NQT I'm basically 100% sure is SK or at least anti-town. I'm not prioritizing SK over cult because no one's given me convincing evidence that a cult exists. The only evidence is "no NK" which could be explained by so many other factors.

Jack: I already talked about Persus enough and I'm not wasting anymore time on this. I already pointed out that his posts are low content, are mostly clarifying ("so you mean this...") and passive.

If I'm not pressuring him very hard, he's not trying to do anything about it very hard either. As of this post I am a-okay with a ZU lynch.
That's b/c you aren't pressing very hard.  ::)

extend
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2014, 07:52:36 pm »

Toaster, Jim What about NQT and Persus justifies your votes?

I stated my reasons.

Do you think it's a fake claim?

NQT I'm basically 100% sure is SK or at least anti-town.

You have never explained why you think this.

Hurry up and explain it, goddammit.

Extend.

Hrm.

There are several people I want to hear more from but I don't really want to extend the game since they're probably just going to post once if the game does end up being extended.

Meph, can you prod any players who need it? In particular, can you prod Ottofar, TheWetSheep, and Persus13 if they need them?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2014, 08:29:40 pm »

If you don't change votes, ZU is the current lynch leader. Are you really OK with that?
flabort: Yes.

I must say, I love the "really" there.  Is there a reason why I shouldn't be OK with a ZU lynch?

There are probably better targets? If you think ZU is the best target to lynch, go ahead, but I'm keeping my Toaster vote, because I don't believe that ZU is scum. It seems... my brain doesn't process it right, but it seems illogical. It could happen, but I'm not seeing it here.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:50 am »

Post before bed; sorry for the quote-a-mids. I'd like the Extend for the one more full weekday.

Anyone who has been in Supernaturals before or read the previous ones: Have there ever been instances of people with multiple roles? Not like a Cult Sexton (since I think Cult is just an alignment thing and not an ability thing in and of itself), but something like a Sexton-Sage or similar.

Flabort:
TheWetSheep, Hapah, ZU, Persus, IG Is it crazy that I suspect Toaster and Jim of being a scum team together? Is my case against either of them stupid or unconvincing? What are your feelings on Jim? On Toaster?
Jim leans town to me, no opinion on Toaster. Jim's doing alright at taking people to task, but he's a little more critical than I remember him being. Then again, it's been months since I've played, and I honestly can't even remember the last game I played with him. I haven't seen anything from Toaster that raises eyebrows.

NQT
Hapah, you've not made a single case all day. Tiruin, while she was here, managed two weak votes which she rescinded. Do you trust the rest of us to lynch scum on your behalf?
To be fair, yesterday's the first day I had time to properly play and I haven't touched this stuff in months. But no, I don't.

Toony
@Hapah:
@Toaster:
Toony:  Ever since your first post of the day where you vote ZU, you've done pretty much nothing besides answer questions.  What are you doing to get ZU lynched?  Who else would you not mind seeing lynched?
It's true, my pressure is fairly light. I'm only asking him about one question a post. He's getting votes from other players too, and he is up on the chopping block so I'm interested in how he'll react.
Why'd you vote him in the first place, again? For the voteswap at the end of D1, or for not answering your request for reads? Something else?
Because I wanted to see if he was scum. I'm placing my bets that he's a Cult Sexton at this point.
I'm not sure I follow, how does voting him accomplish that? I realize nobody's got anything solid to go on but I don't see it.

ZU: Again, what do you think the best fake-claim for a Necromancer or Ghoul would be?

Quote from: ZU
NQT I'm basically 100% sure is SK or at least anti-town. I'm not prioritizing SK over cult because no one's given me convincing evidence that a cult exists. The only evidence is "no NK" which could be explained by so many other factors.
And how is that? I mean, NQT is rubbing me a little wrong, but I've got nothing I could hang a vote on yet.

IG
IG, Jack, Toony What about ZU justifies your votes? If you don't change votes, ZU is the current lynch leader. Are you really OK with that?
Pot and kettle, IG. What have you done today?

IG
IG: Why were those magical resources that you needed protected, why couldn't you access them without bloodshed? If you don't know, ask Meph and get back to me.
They were extremely powerful.
So, just to make sure I've got this right: you killed a man to steal artifacts of great power, came to a font of magical power (the leyline) which you claim also has ties to the Cult, and you plan to use what I can only assume is unstable blood magic to open a portal to the realm of a sleeping god. And once this is done, you plan to kill it somehow? With flabort's help, I believe you said: but I imagine the sage as a weak old man with no magic powers. How's that gonna work?
Its a sleeping, depowered god. Me and flabort can kill it easily.
And what's he gonna do, run over with with a Rascal? Hit it with his cane? Do you even know that he'd help you? Your claim keeps smelling worse the more I think about it.

I'm torn because lynching you would be an okay short-term play but could very well leave us going into D3 still groping around in the dark.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2014, 01:51:27 am »

Knight I suppose. You wouldn't have to claim actions. I already gave my reasons in nqt in an earlier post. But to summarize lots of IIOA, even his analysis post was a summary, no follow up on questions, super defensive, contradicted himself day 1, didn't deny being an sk when accused, stated another sk was unlikely but then said a necromancer was possible (487), going after inactives late in the day, obviously slanted language (why do you love zu so much)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:22 am »

ZU
This is a Supernatural game with no kill on the first night and you're not concerned about a cult? Essentially what you're saying is that there's a necromancer/ghoul who was messing with bodies last night while the scum team had their kill protected against. Is there any other possibility other than cult?

Flabort
There are probably better targets? If you think ZU is the best target to lynch, go ahead, but I'm keeping my Toaster vote, because I don't believe that ZU is scum. It seems... my brain doesn't process it right, but it seems illogical. It could happen, but I'm not seeing it here.
Expand this point. If you want to convince anyone of anything you've got to unpack your thoughts a bit more.

Hapah
Do you really think a flailing 3rd party is the best target in a potential scum game?

Refutal of ZU's Case
But to summarize lots of IIOA
Giving any kind of information appears to be too much information by ZU's standards.

Even his analysis post was a summary
It's a funny thing to call someone's analysis inadequate and use this as grounds for suspicion when they're one of the few people doing any kind of analysis at all.

no follow up on questions
Not true: I haven't followed up on every answer because it hasn't been fruitful to do this when I've asked questions of 12 other players (11 now). Still, I've followed up on every player throughout the game, something that you'd be hard pressed to say of anyone else.

super defensive
Defending oneself isn't a scumtell, especially when it's accompanied by rigorous attacks on others.

contradicted himself day 1
This is a lie. I've explained why this is a lie and if you don't want to understand that, then you're just compounding lies on lies.

didn't deny being an sk when accused
Initially I wasn't directly accused of being an SK so there was nothing to deny. This is an absurd argument.

stated another sk was unlikely but then said a necromancer was possible (487),
Yes, I didn't know about the necromancer until it was pointed out and I reread the part in the Supernatural game that had one in. When learning new information I revised my opinion.

going after inactives late in the day
Forcing players into action is pro-town.

obviously slanted language (why do you love zu so much)
One example, which was perhaps unnecessary but it seemed striking that Sheep had consistently leaped to your defence.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2014, 09:20:50 am »

Flabort, rolefishing, buddying and lampshading. Just migrained, will post a real post in the evening.
Extend.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2014, 09:39:30 am »

PFW

Quote from: Me
what do you think the best fake-claim for a Necromancer or Ghoul would be
Knight I suppose. You wouldn't have to claim actions. I already gave my reasons in nqt in an earlier post. But to summarize lots of IIOA, even his analysis post was a summary, no follow up on questions, super defensive, contradicted himself day 1, didn't deny being an sk when accused, stated another sk was unlikely but then said a necromancer was possible (487), going after inactives late in the day, obviously slanted language (why do you love zu so much)
And how would a Knight fakeclaim compare to a Sexton fakeclaim?

Quote from: NQT
Hapah
Do you really think a flailing 3rd party is the best target in a potential scum game?
I don't think it's great, but lemme ask you a question. If anybody else - anybody else - had been acting the way he's been acting, do you think they'd get off for free like he has? With the fishy smelling claim and the blatant vote-under-pressure after someone (you?) called him on it. The fact that he matches the sage's info well enough is just gravy. I understand cutting the new guys some slack, but dang.

Will read your stuff about ZU later.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:39 am »

I know I need to post, I just got addicted to playing Town of Salem over the weekend.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2014, 09:54:01 am »

Extend.

I'll post more later today, but I'm sticking to flabort for now, for saying odd things.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2014, 10:29:37 am »

Extend as well.

NQT:
Toast
Important:  I define "scum" as "anti-town" instead of "Mafia team."
OK. I'm town though and have never claimed otherwise. On what basis do you make your attack? You've never denied being a necromancer or ghoul, should I vote you for that?

I think the basis is quite clear; you were asked twice if you were third party and both times did not respond.  That's a huge attention-grabber for me.

I didn't say I wasn't because no one asked me.  (Since you will)  No, I am not third party.  No, I am not scum.  Yes, I am town.

I'm not basing my scum reads primarily on player's reads: those reads just present starting points for cases and a judge of player engagement which is the strongest town tell.
So are most played non-engaged?  How does that affect your methodology?
No, most players are moderately engaged and some players are only lightly engaged. It's not just the reads I look at, but also (mostly) the cases people actually press.

Alrighty, but your definition of engagement isn't coming across well.

Unvote NQT.  I still don't trust you a bit and wouldn't lament your demise a bit, but there's better targets.  That said...

ZU
This is a Supernatural game with no kill on the first night and you're not concerned about a cult? Essentially what you're saying is that there's a necromancer/ghoul who was messing with bodies last night while the scum team had their kill protected against. Is there any other possibility other than cult?

I don't see how the underlined bit is relevant to what you're saying at all.

TheWetSheep is doing everything he can to avoid being in the limelight and not commit; the kind of behavior I expect from a cult leader.

Toony:
@Toaster:
Toony:  So where's the Toony Tunnel on ZU?
Hmmm?

Your world-famous tunnel attack you unleash on people.  I have yet to see anything like that level of commitment out of you this game.  What's going on?

Hapah:
Anyone who has been in Supernaturals before or read the previous ones: Have there ever been instances of people with multiple roles? Not like a Cult Sexton (since I think Cult is just an alignment thing and not an ability thing in and of itself), but something like a Sexton-Sage or similar.

No.  You're also correct about the alignment being just alignment and not an ability- we've had Cult Sextons, Vampire Warlocks, and Werewolf Priests, as well as town versions of all three.

Flabort:
Meph(+Toaster) Since it shows who edited a post last, could Meph spoiler Toaster's big jarring image? It clashes horribly with the dark background.

I probably should have shrunk that a bit more; sorry about that.

Toaster Why do specifically suspect the four people you do? Have any of your other reads changed since last time you posted them?
Toaster, Jim What about NQT and Persus justifies your votes?

Sheep I covered in my last post, plus the bit above where I vote him.  Toony is also above; basically, he's being quiet and thoughtful for a player who is typically loud and in-your-face.  You I also covered in my last post.  NQT is wholly visible above- I could see him either as SK or at least part of a conversion-cult.

TheWetSheep, Hapah, ZU, Persus, IG Is it crazy that I suspect Toaster and Jim of being a scum team together? Is my case against either of them stupid or unconvincing? What are your feelings on Jim? On Toaster?

It's worth pointing out that Jim and I are best Mafia e-bros, and we always treat each other like that.

Ottofar and Persus:
Flabort, rolefishing, buddying and lampshading. Just migrained, will post a real post in the evening.
Extend.
Extend.

I'll post more later today, but I'm sticking to flabort for now, for saying odd things.

You both damn well better use the extend time.

I hate to say anything pro-IG, but it occurs to me that we have a known dead serial killer, an almost-certain living one, a likely conversion-cult, and whatever IG is.  What are the odds that we have four anti-town factions?  A bit low, I'd say.  IG's not a friend, but he may indeed just be an annoyance rather than a threat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:22 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
TheWetSheep: Toaster
flabort: Ottofar, Persus13
Imperial Guardsman: Hapah
Jim Groovester: TheWetSheep
notquitethere: zombie urist
Persus13: Jim Groovester
Toaster: flabort
zombie urist: Imperial Guardsman, Jack A.T., notquitethere, ToonyMan

Day has been extended to ~4pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2014, 11:06:36 am »

Toaster
I think the basis is quite clear; you were asked twice if you were third party and both times did not respond.  That's a huge attention-grabber for me.
Sorry what are you even talking about? Point out where I didn't respond to someone asking me if I was a 3rd party.

I don't see how the underlined bit is relevant to what you're saying at all.
I was outlining the only position ZU had appeared to allow himself. He was saying both that there's a serial killer AND there might not be a cult. To explain the lack of night kills, the serial killer must have been just messing with bodies last night and the scum must have been blocked. Is there another possibility? Essentially, ZU is saying that this very specific scenario is much more likely than there being a cult.

TheWetSheep is doing everything he can to avoid being in the limelight and not commit; the kind of behavior I expect from a cult leader.
I was about to point out that Sheep has pressed more unique cases in the game than you, but looking at them, they're all pretty weak.

I hate to say anything pro-IG, but it occurs to me that we have a known dead serial killer, an almost-certain living one, a likely conversion-cult, and whatever IG is.  What are the odds that we have four anti-town factions?  A bit low, I'd say.  IG's not a friend, but he may indeed just be an annoyance rather than a threat.
Something we agree on here.

Sheep: Do you reeeeaaally think Jim is the best target? If you had to swap to one of the lynch leads, who'd it be?

Now the day's been extended, best make some use out of it. Everyone, if you haven't done this already, please give your Day 2 reads.

(I'm at work right now, but will reread the day and give my opinion on each player as soon as I can.)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 80