Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183962 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2014, 11:35:38 am »

ZU
NQT I'm basically 100% sure is SK or at least anti-town. I'm not prioritizing SK over cult because no one's given me convincing evidence that a cult exists. The only evidence is "no NK" which could be explained by so many other factors.
This is a Supernatural game with no kill on the first night and you're not concerned about a cult? Essentially what you're saying is that there's a necromancer/ghoul who was messing with bodies last night while the scum team had their kill protected against. Is there any other possibility other than cult?
yes. 

Hapah: knight is better bc I think he shows up as killer to fortune tellers
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2014, 11:43:28 am »

NQT: Sure thing. I'll have mine ready sometime later today then.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

NQT:
Toaster
I think the basis is quite clear; you were asked twice if you were third party and both times did not respond.  That's a huge attention-grabber for me.
Sorry what are you even talking about? Point out where I didn't respond to someone asking me if I was a 3rd party.

Okay, miswording on my part- I should have said you didn't answer the question.

(On further study, I'll acknowledge that the first wasn't a direct "Are you a third party" question and the second wasn't a question, but in neither case did you deny that you messed with the body/were a third party.)

This is a Supernatural game with no kill on the first night and you're not concerned about a cult? Essentially what you're saying is that there's a necromancer/ghoul who was messing with bodies last night while the scum team had their kill protected against. Is there any other possibility other than cult?
I don't see how the underlined bit is relevant to what you're saying at all.
I was outlining the only position ZU had appeared to allow himself. He was saying both that there's a serial killer AND there might not be a cult. To explain the lack of night kills, the serial killer must have been just messing with bodies last night and the scum must have been blocked. Is there another possibility? Essentially, ZU is saying that this very specific scenario is much more likely than there being a cult.

Again, considering that the two known SK options are ghoul (can eat a corpse to supercharge next kill) and necromancer (HAS to steal a body to be able to kill), I don't see how that affects his case in any meaningful way.  Calling it a "very specific scenario" is a big stretch since the SK part is essentially a wash.

Now the day's been extended, best make some use out of it. Everyone, if you haven't done this already, please give your Day 2 reads.

I'll get to that.

Also, I owe Jack a response:
Toaster: Thanks for the answer, though that wasn't exactly what I meant by the question.  (basically, the intent was to ask whether you thought NQT was one of the SK types you referred to or not)

Is NQT more likely an SK, or main scumteam member?  Is there anyone you suspect more of being on the main scumteam, or is NQT your top suspect for both SK and main scum?

Sheep's edged up to my top suspect outright.  NQT in particular I'd say is more likely third party than main scum, but he's still a decent contender for either.  I don't have any particular tells I've seen that say "this person is main scum" or "this person is a Cult Leader" more than what I've levelled against Sheep.  I wanted to wait because as of the post I asked you to wait, Sheep had edged ahead; NQT remained the vote for pressure purposes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2014, 12:16:34 pm »

Response Post - Pressure/reads later:

Jim:
Why are you softballing?

There's no point in going after people for what's already been addressed, and people(NQT) are complaining about my lack of cases, so yes I want to find something.

That's exactly my problem with what you said. You want people to visibly see you pressing cases. It's not about scumhunting for you, it's about appearances, and that's scummy as hell.
I admit that it's partly about appearances. I don't want to be lynched, because it'll hurt my team and make me feel worse about myself. I'm pretty sure everyone has this to a degree.

I called you scummy for doing something I thought was scummy. How is this softballing?
You didn't press hard and weren't aggressive.

1. Yes, this is true. But what makes you think I know there is a cult for certain? I do not know for certain, but it's not like thinking there is a cult when there's no N1 kill is an uncommon deduction. Why don't you take a look at all the people who made the same deduction?
Lynching SKs is pretty usually a good thing, but when there's a cult about it, having some firepower pointed in their direction is handy even if that same firepower is also pointed in ours. It probably would have worked out well, at least for a little bit, since Jiokuy was apparently willing to pretend to vig for a while.
I disagree entirely with your brazen rolefishing, but I have considered mass claiming as an option in fighting a cult.
Claiming early when there's a cult also lets the cult cherry-pick their targets, and then from there on out the usefulness of a mass claim diminishes since claims can no longer be trusted.
No conditionals in any of these statements.

2. Yes, arguably true. But that isn't a reason to vote for me. I guess it's convenient to cover your bases by saying 'if he wasn't already on the cult team then he certainly is now' but that's lazy reasoning. If I'm a convert then I'm not the person you really need to be lynching, so you should probably nail down your stance on whether I'm a convert or whether I was on the original team.
If there was a cult, and a person who was almost certainly scum but not the leader, would you lynch them?

These reasons are bad. Why did you bother asking me anything if you were just going to ignore what I had to say? I explained my reasoning for thinking there was a cult and you ignored it and went 'derp herp he's on the cult that's why he knows there's a cult.'
That was my reason for voting you. You've noticed my lack of reads? I'm trying to do something about it. Unvote

Toaster:
So you didn't feel the need to use your vote as a lynch vote?  Noted.
I didn't have anybody I felt certain enough to put a lynch vote on.

Here are your posts since I joined with game analysis/read compilation, answers, useless stuff and clarifications removed:

I note you trimmed out the part where he actually took everyone's reads and analyzed them.  I agree that this wasn't worth a ton, but it wasn't useless.  Why do I get the feeling you're cherry-picking his posts to make him look bad?
I just read through that section of the thread twice and couldn't find what you're talking about.  Could you link it?

There's no point in going after people for what's already been addressed, and people(NQT) are complaining about my lack of cases, so yes I want to find something.

Is it because you're coming up with content entirely to look busy and involved?  I think it is.
If you had nothing to go on would you try desperately to put pressure somewhere?

Jack:
I love how you consider the post where NQT says he suspects you to be one of those and cut it as non-content.  Trying to imply that his suspicion of you is useless, are you?  Justify that cut.
You mean this one?
Toaster, Sheep, Ottofar, what do you think about the players you didn't mention?
Null. That's why I didn't mention them.
I see, so they're exactly as town as they are scummy to you then...? Initially I thought not being able to express reads might be a scum tell but I went and double checked my grid of reads for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, and Deathsword, the town patsy, was the worst at forming reads by a long stretch. Are you a patsy?
Only two questions there, one is clarification, the other is pretty useless.

Or do you mean this one? It came after the post where I said he was hiding under his content, so it doesn't apply.

NQT:
Sheep
How do you parse "Too Townie" from "he's hiding under a bunch of content that could be done by scum as well as town"?
You never adequately explained exactly how I was hiding under helpful content.

I think I got everything. The first post is OK, making a case on Jiokuy. The second one is a bit more at Jiokuy and a softball at IG. The third is a bunch of questions without pressure or substance behind them. The fourth doesn't really contain any pressure either - it's mostly response. So yeah, there's not much there.
I'm sorry my performance disappoints you. Is there a case here?
Your content indicates nothing about your alignment(you've done stuff like this as both scum and town in the past). Removing that content leaves very little, so it's difficult to tell your alignment. It looks intentional, because you're putting more effort "helpful content".

Sheep, yeah I suspect [ZU] a small amount less but I always do when someone makes a conscious effort to up their game.
Blowing off my question like this comes off as not caring much about the actual substance of your case, but keeping it as a reserve to go after.
Am I blowing off your question? I think ZU is suspicious, until we hang someone who's genuinely scum then it's hard to get a solid read on anyone.
This quote was the third time I asked you the question before you gave an adequate response. You made no attempt to give me details, even though how he was playing had changed away from what you had said was scummy in the first place.

And now you're concerned his dubious Sexton claim be taken seriously. I want to hear his clarifications before I take this claim with more than a pinch of salt. We've killed one murderous third party and there's been no night kills so a ghoul is highly improbably. No one's been resurrected, so a town priest raising Jiokuy is out the question, so what else could have moved the body? The only explanation I can think of is if a scum priest raised Jiokuy and the resurrection failed, destroying the body and any kind of scum team can do that.
I'm not saying it should be taken as definite truth, but should at least be considered. And you didn't say anything about disbelieving it when you addressed him about it.
I've since come back round to thinking he's probably telling the truth, but you'll note in the post you linked to I was somewhat sceptical about his account.
What caused the change, and why are you still voting him? Can there be a scum sexton?

Flabort:
TWS: Same question. What can you say about what I've said about Toaster and Jim?
Toaster: I don't have time to read all those posts you've linked. Nothing looks too damning there. Why does NQT's validation of your case matter so much?

Jim: I think he was justified in not answering RVS questions, since conversation was already going by then. Middle point is OK, but not too suspicious. The point about rudeness is irrelevant.

"Night1: I went stargazing. A wandering constellation (known, ironically, as "Viliir, The Wanderer") has intersected another constellation (Known as the Mirror), forming another (Called the Death's Head). I also felt chills and an evil crackling. Even after I heated the fire up. Apparently, at this time, evil magic is at it's most potent. This is a vile omen indeed."
At this time meaning Night 1? Maybe a N1-only convert or something?

PPE:Toaster:
TheWetSheep is doing everything he can to avoid being in the limelight and not commit; the kind of behavior I expect from a cult leader.
You mean like not posting on a weekend?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »

Jack A T Seems pretty active.  Seems well reasoned and confident, leading to a strong day game. Town lean on day 1. Play continues unchanged into day 2, with long posts that don't get "wall of text"y. Town day 2.

Jim Groovester Joins in fairly late, is rude (which he claims is not a scum tell), abbrassive, and noncooperative (all the same thing). Buddies Toaster. Day 1 scum lean, neutral ish. Another slow start to day 2, when he participates again he seems less abrassive, but still somewhat. Still scummy but more neutral.

ToonyMan Seems somewhat active. Much like Jack, his posts are confident. Most replies are shorter, though, or questions to questions. Day 1 neutral. Busy on day 2, but more content in posts. Maybe town.

Persus13 Seems active enough. Barely. Bursts of activity.  Day 1 slight town lean. Accused of inactivity day 2, but manages to get responses up. Then gets addicted to Town of Salem and starts immitating IG. Neutral.

NotQuiteThere Seems active enough. In the same boat as ToonyMan, but more frequent posting, and slightly more content overall. Town lean day 1, although clumsy. Less clumsy and more competent day 2. Probably town.

Hapah Used to be Tiruin, who was innactive. Current activity seems fine. No lean day 1. Short but detailed posts. Infrequent activity. Neutral, maybe slight town lean.

Toaster Seems pretty active. Here is an early town lean post. I don't find another until here. Otherwise seems to have a pretty weak day game, mostly finding information from previous games or calling IG lazy. See my previous posts. Day 1 scum lean, day 2 scum. Suspects Sheep and NQT, manages large posts, but is still the same person.

Zombie Urist Low activity, at least before. Null lean day 1. Absolutely tore apart her suspects day 2 with consecutive posts. Still low activity. Neutral.

TheWetSheep Used to be 4mask. I'm fairly confident 4mask was town, so TWS is probably town. The possibility of a cult, however, requires my reread. Big posts, a bit survivalist, infrequent posts (explains why they're so big), but not exactly overtly scummy. Hostile towards suspects, yes, but not scummy. Neutral.

Ottofar Doesn't seem very active, but isn't innactive. Confusing early day 1 play. Mid day 1 settles into a more standard game. Suspected IG of being 3rd Party before IG's claim. Mild town lean day 1. Far more absent day 2.

Imperial Guardsman Very active, even though his posts are low in content individually.
Likely not lying about his role and alignment, though the possibility still remains open. Third Party claim, and a town ally as long as I'm alive. Something else if I die, vig immediately if I die. Some of his play comes from reading EpicMafia, may still be influenced by it.

The Cyan Menace

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2014, 02:26:58 pm »

ZU
ZU
NQT I'm basically 100% sure is SK or at least anti-town. I'm not prioritizing SK over cult because no one's given me convincing evidence that a cult exists. The only evidence is "no NK" which could be explained by so many other factors.
yes.
Ugh, it's always like pulling teeth with you. The plausible possibilities are: Cult OR Necromancer+Scum who were protected against. What is the mysterious 3rd possibility that you're contemplating? You're hardly the paragon of helpfulness here and frankly you're letting yourself get lynched by pursuing such a blatantly empty case.

Hapah
I don't think it's great, but lemme ask you a question. If anybody else - anybody else - had been acting the way he's been acting, do you think they'd get off for free like he has? With the fishy smelling claim and the blatant vote-under-pressure after someone (you?) called him on it. The fact that he matches the sage's info well enough is just gravy. I understand cutting the new guys some slack, but dang.
He's all over the place and making enemies like it's going out of fashion and you know who doesn't typically act like that? Scum.

Toaster
Again, considering that the two known SK options are ghoul (can eat a corpse to supercharge next kill) and necromancer (HAS to steal a body to be able to kill), I don't see how that affects his case in any meaningful way.  Calling it a "very specific scenario" is a big stretch since the SK part is essentially a wash.
Not that this is an overly crucial point I need to convince you on, but I think we're talking at cross-purposes here. I'm saying his combo (the logical basis of his vote) has to be 2nd SK + No Cult + Mafia Were blocked/protected against last night. He seems to think that specific scenario is more likely than there being a cult, a possibility he seems conspicuously keen not to entertain. Am I being clear now?

Sheep
It looks intentional, because you're putting more effort "helpful content".
It's more that my way of scum hunting needs vote compilations and tables of reads, and so helpfully sharing the findings is easy to do, as I was going to create that content anyway.

What caused the change, and why are you still voting him? Can there be a scum sexton?
Read the lists of roles in the old games already. There has been a scum sexton in the past, scum can have any role. I'm voting for him because he's still behaving like scum, albeit in a slightly different way than before. He has one case that he feels he has to stick to no matter how baseless it is. He doesn't address my counterpoints (how can he?). Typical scumplay. I find it interesting that you keep tacitly defending him. Why don't you think ZU is scum?

Flabort
Do you feel your reads have addressed this question?
There are probably better targets? If you think ZU is the best target to lynch, go ahead, but I'm keeping my Toaster vote, because I don't believe that ZU is scum. It seems... my brain doesn't process it right, but it seems illogical. It could happen, but I'm not seeing it here.
Expand this point. If you want to convince anyone of anything you've got to unpack your thoughts a bit more.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »

Not very well, but yes. I think that my reads provide a number of better targets than ZU.
Even if ZU isn't the most town player, there are still players, such as Toaster, Jim, Toony, You, and maybe Persus, that are better targets for the lynch in my opinion.
ZU seems primarily safe. It doesn't make sense to me that someone who could form strong cases like that could be scum right now.
The Cyan Menace

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »

??? I'm pretty sure there's another SK. (Necro or ghoul)

There's also probably either mafia or cult. I'm not convinced its cult.

To be sure I think its one of the following
1. Sk+mafia (kill blocked, sk didn't kill)
2. Sk+cult
Why don't you think it can be a ghoul?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »

Flabort
Not very well, but yes. I think that my reads provide a number of better targets than ZU.
Even if ZU isn't the most town player, there are still players, such as Toaster, Jim, Toony, You, and maybe Persus, that are better targets for the lynch in my opinion.
ZU seems primarily safe. It doesn't make sense to me that someone who could form strong cases like that could be scum right now.
If you could explain what's so solid about ZU's current case that'd be great because ZU certainly isn't!

ZU
??? I'm pretty sure there's another SK. (Necro or ghoul)

There's also probably either mafia or cult. I'm not convinced its cult.

To be sure I think its one of the following
1. Sk+mafia (kill blocked, sk didn't kill)
2. Sk+cult
Why don't you think it can be a ghoul?
I think it's unlikely, but sure, there could be a ghoul. So you've just outlined the same two damned possibilities I did. If you think that there might be a cult, then why are you pursuing a case against someone you claim to think might be a serial killer? Also, what is it about me that makes me more likely to be a serial killer? Your case has zero substance. It literally amounts to "there might be a serial killer, I voted you previously so you're a serial killer". A town ZU wouldn't be so idiotic!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »

The way your choices are worded sounds like

1 cult
2 sk + mafia

I think the possibility of a cult is significantly lower than that of mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

I was making the assumption if there is a cult, targeting potential serial killers is counterproductive: better to kill the most dangerous enemy. You evidently don't think the same.

On what grounds do you think the possibility of a cult is lower than that of a mafia? Where are you pulling this calculation from?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2014, 04:06:58 pm »

I don't disagree but I think the assumption that there is a cult is wrong. Basing this on games on the sub forum. also I would like to note that converts have been due powered through time ie last games charasnatic cultist had a 1 shot convert

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2014, 05:57:14 pm »

I'm torn because lynching you would be an okay short-term play but could very well leave us going into D3 still groping around in the dark.

And who would you lynch as a longer-term, more productive alternative, and why aren't you voting them?

I don't disagree but I think the assumption that there is a cult is wrong. Basing this on games on the sub forum. also I would like to note that converts have been due powered through time ie last games charasnatic cultist had a 1 shot convert

That was a hybrid team. As I recall they had the one-shot conversion along with the traditional night kill.

There are teams that are full-blown cults, i.e., the Vampires in Supernatural 3 and 4.

I admit that it's partly about appearances. I don't want to be lynched, because it'll hurt my team and make me feel worse about myself. I'm pretty sure everyone has this to a degree.

I like how you fail to mention which team.

Getting lynched as scum is bad for your team too.

No conditionals in any of these statements.

There's a difference between thinking it's the most likely possibility and knowing for certain.

If there was a cult, and a person who was almost certainly scum but not the leader, would you lynch them?

Your evasion of the question is noted.

No, I wouldn't, because not lynching the Cult Leader doesn't solve the problem.

That was my reason for voting you. You've noticed my lack of reads? I'm trying to do something about it. Unvote

This is exactly what Jiokuy did, down even to the target. You know how he flipped, right?

Why should I think of you any differently?

I look forward to the post where you vote somebody you suspect instead of for pressure.

Of course, I don't entirely believe you that your vote on me was for pressure.

Reads blah blah whatever

Jack A.T. - Probably townish. Hasn't seemed as active lately but it's the weekend.
Jim Groovester - Town. Also smart and attractive.
ToonyMan - Sorta townish maybe? Could probably stand to be more aggressive.
flabort - Has a really weak game. Despite this I'm leaning town.
Persus13 - I stand by my vote that his vote on IG during D1 was a lazy scum move. Makes decent enough posts when he actually posts. Hasn't posted recently but it's also the weekend. Slight scummyish.
notquitethere - I don't see the arguments about him being a third party SK. Lean town.
Hapah - Has yet to wow me with his reads and scumhunting yet. Voted IG because of external pressure, it seemed. No real read one way or the other.
Toaster - I couldn't tell you what's changed about his play but I think he was converted. Otherwise it's the same usual Toaster.
zombie urist - I don't understand why he's prioritizing third parties over the scum team. I also don't buy his arguments against NQT. Scummyish.
TheWetSheep - Low activity, bad vote, later claimed it was a pressure vote to get reads. Jiokuy did the same thing. Scummyish.
Ottofar - LURK LURK LURK LURK LURK LURK and then some more LURK LURK LURK LURK LURK. Voted flabort and ran. Scummyish.
Jiokuy - DEAD
Imperial Guardsman - Claimed third party. Probably third party.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »

I've done my detailed reexamination of the game.  Sorry about the wall.

Reads:
*Jim Groovester: Lucky enough to get into the game after the worst of Day 1.  Came in with a competent post and took a reasonable shot at flabort.  Early anger is justified.  Proceeded to tear Jiokuy apart, placing his final Day 1 vote.  Reasons were initially that Jiokuy was refusing to answer questions while doing no more than pushing a terrible case against Jim.

Day 2, Jim voted for Persus based on a mix of Persus's old IG vote being poor and Persus's generally bland day game.  Neither side has done much regarding that vote.  Jim has asked Persus one question since the vote, but has done nothing more to strengthen the case, and his pushing of the case has consisted of the occasional offhand mention.  Even in Day 1, Jim's discussion of Persus stopped when Jim started attacking Jiokuy.

In the middle of my writing of this post, Jim posted a new reads post, placing several people as scummier than Persus13 ("scummyish" instead of "slight scummyish").  Despite that, his vote is still on Persus.

Conclusion: Otherwise fine play is hampered by a troubling lack of effort in his current vote case, which does not seem to be on his top suspect.  Slight scum read pending responses to my new questions.

*ToonyMan: Is activeish when he can be, it seems. Took a shot at 4maskwolf early on, but this got nowhere.  After that, he poked at zombie urist.  Vote has been on ZU since then, but he's been pushing weakly.  He is, however, at least continuously pushing and trying to strengthen his vote.

Conclusion: Huh.  Slight town read, but he's not the most helpful player.

*flabort: Day 1, he went from being controlled by his scumometer to just being confused.  Day 2, he became confused and rolefishy, and also confused and survival-focused.  Based vote targets on how he would look, though he eventually came to understand that that was a bad idea.  Eventually, he figured out that evidence is the best way to convince people of the scumminess of others.  He's not doing all that well at that, but he's trying.  Despite the changing playstyle, he's been consistent about targets: his top suspect has been Toaster since his late scumometer days, and he's held his position on Jim since post 305[/b].  Has been defending zombie urist lately.  Basis: [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139118.msg5403193#msg5403193]ZU forms strong cases (...what?) and there are better targets to lynch than ZU.

Conclusion: While his behaviour has been poor, that seems to be primarily due to ineptitude.  I am troubled by his defense of ZU, but flabort seems to have generally been acting with the intent to help town.  Town lean.

*Persus13: Bland play.  Did some good work pressuring Guardsman at the start of the game, long before IG's claim.  That's probably Persus's best play this whole game.  He later took mild shots at Jiokuy and flabort, pushed a dubious case against IG, and took another mild shot at Jiokuy.  He did try to talk to most people, and actively questioned people, at least.

Day 2, he's still trying to undermine Guardsman's claim, but is focused on flabort.  Activity is low.  More content has been promised.  Doesn't really seem to have a case yet.  I am troubled by a possible bit of buddying towards me.

Conclusion: Bland background player, who has not really pushed much in the way of cases.  Mild scum read.

*notquitethere: Likely breadcrumbed his role in his first post ("What's hiding underneath the hood?"/"Battle bind a pact man?"), which is normal for him.

Not really much to say here that I haven't already said.  I will say, though, that I don't think he's cult leader.  Too attention-grabbing.

Conclusion: Wary neutral read, but probably not cult leader.

*Tiruin/Hapah: Tiruin, who is usually quite careful with her vote, made a mid-Day 1 Toaster vote based purely on a disagreement over how survivors act.  An odd move for anyone, and quite an odd move for Tiruin.  She later voted for IG based on his claim.  Her activity, while high in quantity of posts, was primarily during the high-speed parts of day 1.  Mostly, she was just getting what she could in while awaiting a replacement.  Nothing wrong there except a troubling Toaster vote.

Hapah... is sort of here.  A bit.  Understandably, he had a bit of trouble pulling reads together immediately.  Less understandably, he eventually decided to vote for IG for some reason several days after replacing in.  Apparently, IG's a useless hypocrite and his claim is fishy.  The attack is vague and key points are left completely unexplained.  Hapah's also showing quite a bit of nervousness about actually lynching Guardsman.  Troubling, especially this close to the end of the day.

Conclusion: Tiruin wasn't acting quite right, and Hapah's not doing his job.  Low-moderate scum read.

*Toaster: Consistently active, and has a strong day game.  Pushed a solid case on NQT and then a shot at ToonyMan Day 1, while questioning everyone else as well.  Has switched away from Toony since then, but continues a push against NQT.  His current vote is on TheWetSheep, and it's not an unreasonable vote.

Conclusion: Mild town read.

*zombie urist: It's serial killer hunting time!  YAY!  By the way, there's no cult and focusing on SKs over fighting scum is fine with no cult!  YAY!

I've said a lot already about ZU, and my reread doesn't change much.  I will say, recently, he's gone from arguing that there's not much evidence of there being a cult to arguing that we more likely than not do not have a cult.  An interesting shift he's made as he's arguing more and more strongly against believing a cult is what we're dealing with.

Conclusion: Moderate scum read.

*4maskwolf/The Wet Sheep: 4maskwolf was a hyperactive and flaily mess who reacted excessively to every vote.  This seems to have been in part due to a strategy that, frankly, wasn't very good.  I've discussed that before.  Also, Wolf spent much of his time in the game with no vote placed.

Now, Sheep's far more interesting.  As an actual player, he's posted 7 posts.  Throughout Day 1, Sheep's vote was on Ottofar.  This was apparently not a lynch vote.  Sheep says it was just an attempt to improve reads, and that he felt it was a safe vote because Ottofar wasn't up to be lynched.  So, there was nobody Sheep wanted lynched Day 1.  But at least he got reads to base his Day 2 actions on, right?  ...No.

His Day 2 vote was on Jim.  That vote was, as it turns out, for the same reasons as his Ottofar vote.  So he claims, at least.

Add an apparent greater interest in finding "good pressure points" than finding scum and a refusal to answer at least one question of mine to his positionless voting behaviour and complete lack of suspects and we get probable scum.

Conclusion: Moderate scum lean.

*Ottofar: Apparently, he's one of the people in this game.  He's not exactly showing it.  Has promised content today.  Has sort of been fighting flabort.  Sort of.  Day 1 votes on 4maskwolf, IG, Jim, and flabort were each rather weak.  Says he's swamped with real life, but intends to post today.

Conclusion: Ottofar's lurky once again.  Null read, but he had better give us that content.

*Imperial Guardsman: Useless. Third party.  Not actively hostile, but a LYLO breaker for the scumteam.  Not worth lynching, though.

Questions:
Jim Groovester: Why are you putting so little effort into your Persus13 case?  Do you have any comments on Persus's second Day 1 defense against your accusations?  Is there a reason your vote is still on him?

Regarding my activity, it wasn't so much decreased due to the weekend as it was due to my focus on setting up my BYOR.

flabort: What is it that makes zombie urist's cases strong?  Quantity of points certainly isn't strength when the points end up being "Persus said he used around 8 sentences and he really used 6!" and stuff like that.

Persus13: What is your case against flabort, exactly?  Please provide evidence.

Hapah: What is it about Guardsman's claim that is fishy?  Do you think he is a third party?  Do you have any other suspects?

TheWetSheep: Is there anybody whatsoever who you think is scummy?  Is there anybody you want lynched?  Are you going to do any more of these "I didn't really mean that vote, I was trying to get a read" votes?  Have either of those votes actually helped you get reads?

In response to your question about my question, I meant the latter post.  However, you did not answer the following question, for some reason, despite it being right after the question you did answer:
Furthermore, do you consider NQT's habit of responding to questions with more questions to be useful?  If not, please explain.
Answer it.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2014, 07:14:46 pm »

Hi, everyone. Sorry I couldnt get on today, I have an awful stomach flu right now.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 80