Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183864 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #585 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:53 am »

Hapah:
SuperNatural vets: Two parter! Could you give a couple of examples of Sage results in past games, and what they referred to? I don't even know which of the games contained Sages. Also, has there been a role in any previous SuperNat that matches or is similar to what IG has claimed thus far? Or is his role new/unique?

There was one in Bastard Supernatural, but that doesn't really apply.  Other than that, the only sage was in Super 2, who got some clues as to the nature of the anti-town factions.

As far as IG's role, the closest thing was the Guardian Angel role of Super 4, which he isn't claiming.

NQT:  Okay.  I think there's a bit of a disconnect between what you're thinking and what you're getting on paper, but I see no need to continue this line of thought.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:38 am »

@Zombie Urist:
If I'm not pressuring him very hard, he's not trying to do anything about it very hard either. As of this post I am a-okay with a ZU lynch.
That's b/c you aren't pressing very hard.  ::)
Then answer my questions!

@Zombie Urist:
Do you think Persus13 and NQT are both scum? Who's worse?

I guess it looks like I'm getting lynched. I probably won't have enough time to post tomorrow.
Well, damn.

I still don't think there's a cult. NQT is still scum, please lynch him.
Perhaps.

Don't let Toony and Ottofar get away with being inactive. I have a feeling that Toonyman is scum. Persus probably is too. If someone got converted last night I'm pretty sure its Jack, but if Jack indeed got converted I don't think its Persus b/c its too obvious especially since Persus said Jack is a good convert target. But of course this is all WIFOM.
I agree that Ottofar and Persus13 are good candidates.

@Toaster:
Toony:
@Toaster:
Toony:  So where's the Toony Tunnel on ZU?
Hmmm?
Your world-famous tunnel attack you unleash on people.  I have yet to see anything like that level of commitment out of you this game.  What's going on?
What do you think this is, 2009?

@Flabort:
That's assuming that it is a converting cult, which there's a 50% chance of it being. We won't know until after we lynch someone or after tonight.
Where did this percentage come from??

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

What do you think this is, 2009?

Yes.  Swine flu is raging, Michael Jackson just died, and people are talking about this new little game called Minecraft.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2014, 10:57:01 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
TheWetSheep: Toaster
flabort: Ottofar, Persus13
Imperial Guardsman: Hapah
notquitethere: zombie urist
Persus13: Jim Groovester
Toaster: flabort
zombie urist: Imperial Guardsman, Jack A.T., notquitethere, ToonyMan

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:58 am »

PFW

blub
So you are accusing me of being a http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Usurper, pretty much?
No, I don't think you're anything like that. How did you even come to that conclusion? What is your role even called? Surely you can claim that.

How long until day end? 6 hours?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 24, 2014, 11:53:11 am »

I appear to have an ear infection in both ears.

I will vote TheWetSheep. If I feel well enough to do a more detailed post I will do so, but otherwise I will let this carry me past the deadline.

euararagh my fucking ears arrrrarararaggh
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 24, 2014, 12:46:04 pm »

What is your role even called?
Exile Mage.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 24, 2014, 02:00:27 pm »

@Flabort:
That's assuming that it is a converting cult, which there's a 50% chance of it being. We won't know until after we lynch someone or after tonight.
Where did this percentage come from??
There's two options, a kill-cult or a convert cult. 1/2=0.5, which is 50%. Simple math.

Hapah IG already claimed that Day 1.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 24, 2014, 03:09:27 pm »

Flabort:
There's two options, a kill-cult or a convert cult. 1/2=0.5, which is 50%. Simple math.
Haven't I already yelled at you once for misusing probability? Or was it IG. There are 3 different scumteams with sub-variations on them, only 1/3 is a cult. We do not know the probability of any of these occurring except based on previous results, which is useless anyway because we don't know how many possible variables there are. We don't know it's specifically a cult yet, and anyway, probability doesn't matter because the scum team has already been chosen, so the chance of it being a convert cult is actually 0% or 100%, we just don't know which.

About to have a large post coming up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 24, 2014, 03:38:31 pm »

I'll see if I can get a post in by day's end but work is killing me.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:36 pm »

Flabort:
So I guess I'm asking for a Mass Claim.
Why early mass-claim is bad.
1. Scum can easily pull off a fake-claim (ex. Tiruin in Supernatural 6 fakeclaimed Dreamwalker? [Not sure which role specifically]), especially since only one needs to do so.
2. Scum then targets dangerous/useful power roles with their kill or convert. (For instance, if you're town, I highly doubt scum will convert or kill you because your claimed role is more useless then dangerous)
1) Easily? What perfect role out there can scum "Easily" fake claim? Most fake claims I've seen have been pretty touch-and-go.
2) Assuming they have a kill or convert left. Which they won't if we - never mind. Ugh.
Only one scum needs to fake-claim. Last game Tiruin, the Cult Leader fakeclaimed Illusionist and pulled it off successfully to win the game. She provided a lot of content and fake-claimed a role that would show up the same way her real role would to a Fortune Teller. Said Fake-claim can be helped by the other scum team members and be planned out before it comes time to claim. It isn't extremely easy to pull off a fake-claim, but with a little luck and skill, it can be achieved.

Toony:
@Persus13:
ZU:
Ohh looking at Toasters post I noticed another smallNQT contradiction He said to Toaster he was unsure of end time which is why he asked but said to me if nothing else happened that day IG would be lynched.
Elaborate and quote please.
He's talking about Toaster's post here. Which I actually think is a totally valid point. However, it's still Toaster's reasoning, not ZU's. So he's being incredibly lazy again.
I was well aware ZU was being lazy. That's why I called him for not elaborating or quoting. Thanks for the link.

Jim:
Why did you decide not to rez last night?

Why did you ask the third party reviver why he didn't revive the third party SK?
You should know what a trap is, given that you use them yourself.

Why are you softballing?

There's no point in going after people for what's already been addressed, and people(NQT) are complaining about my lack of cases, so yes I want to find something.

I called you scummy for doing something I thought was scummy. How is this softballing?
TWS does have a point. You haven't been very aggressive with The Wet Sheep on several points, with occasional low-key references to him being scummy or scum, and then you start attacking more aggressively when other people start citing him as suspicious.

Toaster:
There's no point in going after people for what's already been addressed, and people(NQT) are complaining about my lack of cases, so yes I want to find something.

Is it because you're coming up with content entirely to look busy and involved?  I think it is.
Why are you and Jim so passive-aggressive with TheWetSheep?

Persus:
Flabort:
Then I'm just going to go with my gut. Toaster. I can't support my case against him, but I suspect him more than I do Jim or Jiokuy. Or NQT or IG, TWS, Toony, or Zombie for that matter. My gut says Toasty is scum. My (flawed) scumometer says Jim and Toony are scum. The evidence seems to say that the scum is not who is being most scummy (NQT, Jim, Jiokuy). So I'm going with my gut in this short time.
Why Toaster instead of someone else? And why do you cite NQT, Jim and Jiokuy as evidence of scummy non-scum when none of them are confirmed town, then and now? Why does your scum meter say Toony is scum?

Because he suspects me the most?  Why would that be an issue?  I don't understand the issues in any of this.
It's the lack of case plus citing three scummy players as town despite being scummy that I thought odd. Especially with Jiokuy's flip.

Good, I'm glad you noticed the SK flip. Do you plan to use your rez as soon as a town player is lynched or dies, or as soon as a role you feel important is lynched or dies?

I'm not 100% convinced I believe this was a test.  Why invest time in him anyway?  I'm currently busy ignoring him.
I don't trust IG at all and I'd to show people that I'm not a moron for doing so. What is your alternative? I'm not really the type to mess up and then pretend it was my plan all along.

NQT:
I'm certain at this point that NQT is at least an SK. Especially with Jiokuy's body being gone. I will also note that NQT doesn't deny doing anything to the body.
I see. If Serial Killer is the best option you've come up with and we're in a game that most likely has a cult, why are you still voting me?

Very much so not pictured:  you denying the accusation.  So are you a Necromancer or a Ghoul?
If he had denied, wouldn't people have jumped him for being over eager to deny it? I fail to see how NQT not denying a third-party accusation that was without any evidence as scummy.

TheWetSheep is doing everything he can to avoid being in the limelight and not commit; the kind of behavior I expect from a cult leader.
Uh, what? I see a player who has had low content but is attempting to get some more. I would think this would be more true of Ottofar or Toony then TheWetSheep.

Notquitethere:
[Persus
Well, I'm voting him because he said some questionable things at the end of day 1 and his gut-instinct and nothing else Toaster vote. In spite of deciding his spreadsheet method is useless, he hasn't really been questioning things he finds odd, instead choosing to rolefish and call for a massclaim, which could be ascribed to him being inexperienced or him trying to get useful information for his team.
Remember he is a self-identifying puzzle-solver, though of course he could use that as a shield for trying to get away with asking more than is good for town. Still, I see a certain kind of earnestness in his cries for an early mass claim. But you don't?
I do feel that he was earnest at his early mass claim idea, especially as he has been flailing around all game. My main reasons was for the strange stuff he said at the end of D1 and the lack of scumhunting once he realized his spreadsheet wasn't working as said above. The thing about the mass claim being used for nefarious purposes was an afterthought.

Hapah:
Persus:
Quote from: Persus
-snip- ... and we should all talk to Tiruin (now Hapah) more.
So why didn't you talk to me?
Besides this?
Quote from: Persus
When do you plan on finishing your read list.
Have you read through any of the previous Supernaturals?
If you had to day kill someone now, that wasn't IG, who would you pick?
In order: when I can find the time, no, and probably Ottofar (and on that last one, before you say anything: when the pot calls the kettle black, the kettle is still black). If not him then maybe you or flabort.
Also I took a break because I got fairly busy this weekend and Monday, so I haven't been able to talk as much as I'd like.

I noticed you doubted IG's claim as well. Did you ever respond to this?
How's that gonna work?
Its a sleeping, depowered god. Me and flabort can kill it easily.[/quote

Are you going to press a case on anyone else?

Anyone:
Because we either have an SK or an SK with an unstoppable attack, both of which are incredibly dangerous.
Has anyone considered the possibility we have some sort of Necromancy based scum team? Meph did say there would be new elements in this game.

Thoughts/Reads on players:
Someone asked me my case on flabort. After he clarified a few posts I had issues with from the end of D1, he seems less scummy and more like just a  flailing scum hunter who is trying to find his legs, so I'm going to unvote. While I'd love to go with ZU for his lack of evidence for his third party case, the lack of people trying to defend him gives me doubts about him being scum. Right now I'm probably most suspicious of Toaster, mainly because I don't really see his case on TheWetSheep and his interactions with both TheWetSheep and NQT feels more like he's attempting to be manipulative and twisty rather then actual interacting with or scumhunting them.

From Most Town to Not so Town.
Jack AT and NQT both appear to be playing well, although NQT has been on the defensive recently.

Hapah and NQT need to post more cases, especially Hapah

Flabort and TheWetSheep are likely flailing town. IG seems flailing third-party but could be more sinister.

Toonyman and Ottofar need to post more (as do I)

Jim is being passive aggressive, which I don't like, but I don't find necessarily bad.

Toaster and ZU are the most scummy to me for reasons stated in my pick of who I would vote for.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2014, 04:43:11 pm »

EBWOP: The lack of one ] can mess up an entire post. Here's the end of my post with a ].

Hapah:
I noticed you doubted IG's claim as well. Did you ever respond to this?
How's that gonna work?
Its a sleeping, depowered god. Me and flabort can kill it easily.

Are you going to press a case on anyone else?

Anyone:
Because we either have an SK or an SK with an unstoppable attack, both of which are incredibly dangerous.
Has anyone considered the possibility we have some sort of Necromancy based scum team? Meph did say there would be new elements in this game.

Thoughts/Reads on players:
Someone asked me my case on flabort. After he clarified a few posts I had issues with from the end of D1, he seems less scummy and more like just a  flailing scum hunter who is trying to find his legs, so I'm going to unvote. While I'd love to go with ZU for his lack of evidence for his third party case, the lack of people trying to defend him gives me doubts about him being scum. Right now I'm probably most suspicious of Toaster, mainly because I don't really see his case on TheWetSheep and his interactions with both TheWetSheep and NQT feels more like he's attempting to be manipulative and twisty rather then actual interacting with or scumhunting them.

From Most Town to Not so Town.
Jack AT and NQT both appear to be playing well, although NQT has been on the defensive recently.

Hapah and NQT need to post more cases, especially Hapah

Flabort and TheWetSheep are likely flailing town. IG seems flailing third-party but could be more sinister.

Toonyman and Ottofar need to post more (as do I)

Jim is being passive aggressive, which I don't like, but I don't find necessarily bad.

Toaster and ZU are the most scummy to me for reasons stated in my pick of who I would vote for.
Sigtext

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 24, 2014, 05:01:24 pm »

Bluh. Two exams in two days.

Hapah is focusing too much on IG, who is almost certainly not a converter. His case relies only on picking holes in his flavour. He's also keeping his head down, not attracting much suspicion.

Flabort isn't playing great, but getting better, and seems genuine, particularly in this post. Followed by this post, which seems pretty sincere too, I'm getting a good town feel from him.

NQT has raised some flags but his series of five posts before N1 looked like he was genuine looking to benefit town there.

Jim's kindof suspicious, see below.

ZU's denial of a cult is weird. His reasoning is because of "games on this subforum", which doesn't really make much sense. Apart from that, not getting a strong read on him.

ToonyMan is really uninvolved. He parked his vote on ZU late day 1 with minimal reasoning:
Zombie Urist for not engaging in the game and being unhelpful. Have anything to say? What are your thoughts on Jack AT and Toaster?
Early D2 he put it on ZU again with no more reasoning, and... hasn't really done anything since. No real pressure on ZU(a few softballs), or on anyone else. A lot of answering questions and asking things without applying pressure.

Ottofar also hasn't really done anything.

Jim:
I admit that it's partly about appearances. I don't want to be lynched, because it'll hurt my team and make me feel worse about myself. I'm pretty sure everyone has this to a degree.

I like how you fail to mention which team.

Getting lynched as scum is bad for your team too.
So? Getting lynched as town is bad for my team too, so it's a nonpoint. I'll say it if you want: I'm town.

If there was a cult, and a person who was almost certainly scum but not the leader, would you lynch them?

Your evasion of the question is noted.
There was no question there.

That was my reason for voting you. You've noticed my lack of reads? I'm trying to do something about it. Unvote

This is exactly what Jiokuy did, down even to the target. You know how he flipped, right?

Why should I think of you any differently?
He flipped SK, which you specifically said you don't want to lynch.

Anyway, why should you think of me differently? Because you're smart enough to know that one occurrence doesn't make a pattern.

Of course, I don't entirely believe you that your vote on me was for pressure.
You don't? You mean you think my first vote of the day, with this as the only reasoning:
Jim: Why are you so sure there's a cult?
was my lynchvote? Ridiculous.

Basically, your case on me is full of crap that you should know doesn't make me scum. Day one you spent going after an easy lynch with not much of a case(it looked to be mostly based in anger).

Toonyman: Are you confident enough in your ZU vote that you're not going to try to pressure anyone else?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 24, 2014, 05:13:23 pm »

NQT:
Why don't you think ZU is scum?
I haven't been looking at him very hard, to be honest. Looking at how many people were attacking him I decided to pay attention to other people instead.

Jack:
TheWetSheep: Is there anybody whatsoever who you think is scummy?  Is there anybody you want lynched?  Are you going to do any more of these "I didn't really mean that vote, I was trying to get a read" votes?  Have either of those votes actually helped you get reads?
Yes. Yes. If I need to use pressure votes more, I will. Ottofar's wasn't very useful; I still don't know about him. I'm getting a better read on Jim though.

Furthermore, do you consider NQT's habit of responding to questions with more questions to be useful?  If not, please explain.
Right sorry. It's sometimes useful. Their usefulness can be judged the same way any other scumhunting question can be judged.

Toaster:
No lynch targets at day end?  This doesn't help your case.  Is anybody lynchworthy now?
Toonyman, maybe Jim and Hapah.

Okay.  See the spoiler in this post?  That's the bit where you are cherry picking.  The post in mind of NQT's that you left out is this one where he does parse the data he's been gathering.  Do you not think it's worth something?
He posted that after I accused him of hiding beneath content. Yes, it's worth something.

I'd reread until I found something noteworthy, or pick someone and grill them until something shook out.  I wouldn't just invent something and call it a day.
And what do you think I've been doing with Jim and NQT?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
TheWetSheep: Jim Groovester, Toaster
flabort: Ottofar
Imperial Guardsman: Hapah
notquitethere: zombie urist
Toaster: flabort, Persus13
ToonyMan: TheWetSheep
zombie urist: Imperial Guardsman, Jack A.T., notquitethere, ToonyMan

As the sun sinks lower on the horizon you cast your final votes.

zombie urist has been selected. He steps forward, a grim but determined look on his face. The High Priest walks towards him, and as he did with Jiokuy he places the symbol of Justice upon his brow.

Unlike Jiokuy, though, he seems to feel no pain. Instead, he looks calm. His eyes scan each and everyone one of you for a moment, and then he speaks.

"I am no enemy of this town, my friends. I am as I have said, your simple Sexton. Be vigilant, and stop whatever horror is behind this evil! I...I only wish I could have done more.

And with that he sinks down to the ground, lifeless.

The High Priest's expression grows sad. "He was a good man. We shall all miss him. But for now we can do nothing more than redouble our efforts. Be safe this night, I hope to see all of you in the morning."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 80