Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183834 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #660 on: June 26, 2014, 12:52:20 pm »

Did it say anything about putting the soil back over ZU? Or do you think you left him with his face sticking out. Can you tell us more about Hemomancy?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:14 pm »

I put the soil back over ZU, while looking at where the boom came from. After  I was finished, I ran back home.

Hemomancy is simply the manipulation of blood through magic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 26, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »

@NQT:
Toony
ZU's grave wasn't disturbed when I arrived. I had to do "a good bit of digging" to unearth the body.
Still, he both claimed that he revived ZU AND that the revive failed before you even said anything about being a priest: if he hadn't attempted some kind of revival he wouldn't have claimed the revive in the first place.
Yeah, that's the only doubt I have.

@IG:
I put the soil back over ZU, while looking at where the boom came from. After  I was finished, I ran back home.
This would mean you showed up before I did, but wouldn't my character notice the dirt being loose?

Also:
you are a liar i wont listen to you and i am the only person who is right
yeah no
I go to revive our sexton.
I clean away enough dirt to see his corpsey face.
I begin my magic, and start to see red coming to his face.
Jack blows up.
I stop doing what Im doing and run to my house.
This post doesn't hint that you put the dirt back on him at all.

And how do you know that rumbling you saw at a nearby house was Jack's house?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 26, 2014, 02:59:22 pm »

Because jack was found as a charred skeleton, its only logical to assume it was jack who blew up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 26, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

Why would your character see that and not mine? I suppose I showed up after so it would be too late, but what about Flabort?

Let's see:
There is indeed a Necromancer among us.
I found a molten candle at Jiokuy's grave site. The candle had charcoal imbedded in it.
According to the books I consulted, this device can be used to "rekindle [a] soul to life once again." Also, the passage relates to an unholy unlife, rather than a pure and holy life.
Otherwise, my night appeared uneventful.
Nope.

Maybe...perhaps...you're the Necromancer?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 26, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »

Assuming the graves are spaced, that would mean he came before me or after you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #666 on: June 26, 2014, 03:20:53 pm »

Persus:
Why are you and Jim so passive-aggressive with TheWetSheep?

Not sure what you're looking for here; voting him is about as non-passive as you can get.

blah blah IG crap

Eh.  I suppose.  Not really any meat here to chase up anyway.

Uh, what? I see a player who has had low content but is attempting to get some more. I would think this would be more true of Ottofar or Toony then TheWetSheep.

That's why I yelled at them too.

Flabort:
Toonyman, Toaster, Sheep Who do you suspect of being the Necromancer?

NQT's a good prospect, but I don't have anything concrete on him (other than his slow denial of the accusation.)

Hapah:
What does an incinerated corpse point to? I thought the Neccy kill flavor was people getting beat up.

That one is new.  Here's an example Necromancer Zombie kill flavor, for the record:

Spoiler: From Super3 (click to show/hide)

This may be dumb, but does SuperNat have an Arsonist role? I'm sure it wouldn't be called Arsonist but you know what I mean. It's also not explicitly stated but I don't know that he could be ressed from that, has anyone been brought back from something equally bad (like total dismemberment or something)?

Not that we've seen.  Also, I doubt that mechanically that someone would be unressable because their corpse was flavor-nuked unless their attacker's kill specifically said so.  But that's worth a mod-ask.

Meph:  Would the destruction of a player's body prevent their resurrection?

NQT:
Incidentally, the only person who hasn't ever voted IG is Toaster, which suggests to me at least that he's probably not scum (or there was some earlier unnecessary bussing going on, which isn't wholly out the question).

I fail to see the relevance of this.

IG:
Also, me making an entire role out of nothing is entirely out of the question. Let me try to make my night as clear as possible without quoting it.

This is irrelevant.

or you overlooked his face?

You do realize people aren't buried standing up, right?  If his face is exposed or nearly so, that means one of three things:

1) He's buried shallow to begin with
2) He's largely unearthed
3) There's a hole leading to his face

1 and 2 are countered by his claim by his claim of...

"a good bit of digging"

3 he would have noticed.  So yeah, I do say your claims are fairly contradictory.

Remember what I said about your stated inability to whole-cloth fakeclaim a role was irrelevant?  Because you wouldn't need to do so; only faking bits and pieces of it is enough.  Like here, it damn sure feels like you're adding on bits of information as they become relevant, inventing them on the way.

But there's one thing that really bothers me, right here:

I for one, think that you are a scum priest or something else with ulterior motives.

If that's true, why aren't you voting him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 2 Dawns peacefully
« Reply #667 on: June 26, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »

Meph:  Would the destruction of a player's body prevent their resurrection?

Generally, no. The Gods can do pretty much whatever they need to when bringing someone back. The ability to kill someone so they are unrevivable is possible, but it would be a specific Power that would do it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »

Everyone on the IG lynch
I don't see the contradiction, though IG could have been clearer. He uncovered ZU's face, started the ritual, was disturbed, Toony comes along, digs him up and then revives him. Where's the contradiction?

Last night I dug up ZU's body and revived him.
I dug up the grave,

Tell me there's no contradiction.

It's more than just an issue with the flavor though. Imperial Guardsman claimed he no longer has his revive, and of course ToonyMan claimed a successful revive. This isn't how resurrections work in Supernatural, as I've explained. (See Supernatural 5 N2 for an example of priests targeting the same corpse.) They both cannot have used up their revive attempts on the same target.

One of them is lying and not telling the whole truth about his role, and my money's on the guy with the fishy patchwork role claim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 26, 2014, 04:32:04 pm »

ignorance
I told you it was one shot, as in one use.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 26, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »

Perhaps you should also look at Supernatural 5 N2. And then you should look at Supernatural 5 N3. Orangebottle attempted a revive on N2, but since there was no body to revive its use was not consumed. He attempted a revive on N3 and was successful.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 26, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

I think what IG means is that his proc'd first, then failed, consuming it. THEN Toony's proc'd.
There's no contradiction of his ability being consumed that way.
There IS still a contradiction of the dirt having been completely undisturbed when Toony arrived.

And as much as I want to believe IG's claim, it's getting less and less believable. IG, you're going to have to do better than that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 26, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »

Yeah, Jim, what Flabort said.

Flabort, but it'd have been a freshly dug grave either way, wouldn't it? The soil would have been fresh regardless.

Toaster, what I'm saying is, only one person hasn't tried to get IG killed. Someone getting so many votes is either a sign of bussing or that scum are voting them.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 26, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »

Oh, aye, right. The grave was dug at the end of the day, yesterday. That makes sense. It probably didn't have time to settle and get crusty.
So if IG covered it back up in a hurry when his groove was thrown off by an explosion, the dirt would have been indistinguishable from when it got put there barely hours ago.

So, unless anyone has another contradiction to bring up, or someone has another explanation as to why this happened (such as they found the grave and covered it back up between one visit and another), I'll unvote.

And get back on Toaster's case. What did YOU do last night, and why haven't we heard about it yet?

Anyone else besides Toony or IG Surely some of your actions last night are worth mentioning. NQT, Hapah, did you do anything near the graveyard or Jack's house last night?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 26, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

Kills happen before resurrections. why was IG doing the res before Jack got exploded?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 80