Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183889 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2014, 10:20:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The part about me is uncalled for.  The actual report was for the way you were treating other people's posts.  I was simply giving you a heads up.  I am entitled to report to the Toad if I feel it is necessary, and I think that your insulting people within their own quotes, changing the words to fit your view of the post (such as changing Toaster's post to  "I am ignorant") is over the line.  As such, I reported, and the Toad cleared you.  So I have nothing more to say on the issue.

The report was intended to, at most, indicate you needed to calm that kind of thing.  That's all.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 27, 2014, 10:35:07 am »

We can't afford too many info-lynches when there's the a potential cult. Kill mafia narrow the range of suspects for scum hunters, cult teams widen the range. They're the worst.
The thing is, we have very little information about the nature of scum so far. If we do another mislynch, we learn nothing again, and are in the dark tomorrow. If we lynch IG we are guaranteed to learn something at least. I'd say it's for the best.

Imperial Guardsman

Wolf:
yes.  Replacement list for TWS.
Yeah, and I'll be leaving in a few days as I mentioned when I replaced in. You can replace me any time you want.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 27, 2014, 10:40:26 am »

Meph:  Is there a traditional "scum team" this game?

One possibility is that there was a cross-kill on Jack.  He was hardly a unlikely choice, considering that pretty much everyone thought he was town.  I see no reason for a Necromancer to not kill, given that the zombie kill is pretty much untraceable back to him- whoever blew up Jack may simply have done so before the zombie could go make a mess of him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 27, 2014, 11:00:47 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Imperial Guardsman: TheWetSheep, flabort, Jim Groovester, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Imperial Guardsman, notquitethere

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Monday

Nerjin, I'll send you IG's role PM and Night PMs.

@Toaster: There is an actual scum team this game, yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:47 am »

Hat about MOWE? She's above me in the list.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 27, 2014, 11:06:03 am »

Hat about MOWE? She's above me in the list.

....*SIGH* You are correct. My fault for doing mod work before caffeine. MyOwnWorstEnemy, do you want it instead?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:50 am »

MyOwnWorstEnemy has replaced in for Imperial Guardsman
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:12 am »

MOWE answers, please. Was IG lying, and can you explain better, and what's this second ability he mentioned?

Basically, full claim before you get lynched.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 27, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »

NQT: Why are you voting Toonyman when he can't be the cult leader?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 27, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »

NQT: Why are you voting Toonyman when he can't be the cult leader?
Yeah, you make a good point. I hadn't adequately thought that through in light of his claim. Though I still think he's scummy, he's not a vampire or charismatic cultist (unless he's fakeclaiming on behalf of a scum ally, but that's an unlikely ploy given the possibility of a town Thief). As such, there are better lynch candidates today.

Hmm, unvote for now. Gonna do some figuring things...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 27, 2014, 05:53:15 pm »

One possibility is that there was a cross-kill on Jack.  He was hardly a unlikely choice, considering that pretty much everyone thought he was town.  I see no reason for a Necromancer to not kill, given that the zombie kill is pretty much untraceable back to him- whoever blew up Jack may simply have done so before the zombie could go make a mess of him.

But the flavor would tell us if Jack was targeted by a kill from two sources, unless everything I think I know about Meph games isn't true.

Meph, if a player is a kill target from two different sources, the flavor will indicate this, correct?

It sounds plausible, but three thirds isn't a lot more then normal. Maybe there's only a 1 or 2 person scumteam, but I doubt there wouldn't be any scumteam.

Three killer third parties would be more than usual, though.

Yes, but Jim was specifically saying that that isn't how revives work in Supernatural games. All revives are one-shots, and the last time a revive failed, the person was able to reuse it the next night.

I talked to Meph about this.

If IG's power worked like a priest did, where the resurrection always happens but what they come back as is not certain, then this is the case; IG's revive would not be used up.

If IG's power didn't work like a priest, i.e., if on failure the corpse does not get revived and 'something bad' happens, then it's possible that both ToonyMan and IG can target the same corpse and have the role situation we are currently debating, where both their one-shots are consumed.

But I also asked Meph if a random-targeting kill was a potential result of a 'something bad' happening, and he said it was possible but unlikely, and any negative result from revive failure would usually target either the performer or the receiver. But these are by no means hard and fast rules, he said.

This leads me to think that IG's role isn't really what he claimed, and my accusation that he's a killer who uses dead (town) corpses to power a kill.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 27, 2014, 06:10:03 pm »

But the flavor would tell us if Jack was targeted by a kill from two sources, unless everything I think I know about Meph games isn't true.

Meph, if a player is a kill target from two different sources, the flavor will indicate this, correct?

Hmm. Typically if multiple people target the same source I'm pretty sure only the one that wins gets flavor written for it in the day start text. I may not be particularly consistent about that, though.
Come play Mafia with us!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 27, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »

Wow... IG was really flailing...

Fullclaim: I am an Exiled Mage. I require flabort to assist me in dealing with the god because he's a descendent of many warriors who fought the dark gods and such and I need his blood for the portal to get to the god. He is town and I need him alive at the end for this, or I assume my wincon becomes "survive until the end." I do have a one-shot revive, but IG did not use it last night. Why he claimed he did, I don't know. I guess he was trying to make himself seem more innocent because of the pressure and hoped the person who actually revived ZU didn't say anything. The revive I have does have a 50% chance of failing and failing makes something bad happen. My role PM states that I have to eliminate the people that threaten my goals. So maybe I have to make sure the cult(if there is one) is killed off since I'm after a cult god.

I skimmed the thread fairly quickly. If I missed anything, I'm sorry.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 27, 2014, 08:44:22 pm »

MOWE So if IG did not use up his revive last night, where did he get the flavor that he was claiming for it's failure? Was he making it up whole cloth?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

MOWE So if IG did not use up his revive last night, where did he get the flavor that he was claiming for it's failure? Was he making it up whole cloth?
He just made it up and changed the details when people came up with inconsistencies.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 80