Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 183881 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 3 - Balance is maintained?
« Reply #735 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:45 pm »

So what was he talking about with him hearing Jack A T asploding?

And why was he fakeclaiming in the first place?

I mean, thanks for replacing in, but I think lynching you is still a good idea.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »

So what was he talking about with him hearing Jack A T asploding?

And why was he fakeclaiming in the first place?

I mean, thanks for replacing in, but I think lynching you is still a good idea.

While in my house thinking about how it would feel to have my exile revoked, I did hear Jack asplode. That much was true.

As I said, I think he was fake claiming to try to paint himself as innocent. Like "I can do good things for you! I'm your friend!" I think he was trying to emphasize that he isn't an enemy to town by claiming to do nice things. I think even he was hesitant to use this revive for the bad thing it might cause. The main thing is, and I have no proof of this aside from my word, that I'm not town's enemy. I need town to survive so flabort can survive so I can achieve my wincon and to ensure I win this, I need to make sure the evil is defeated.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 27, 2014, 09:29:30 pm »

MOWE: What's your opinion on NQT? TWS? Persus?

What exactly were you doing when you heard the explosion? Why didn't anyone else claim to hear the explosion?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 27, 2014, 10:00:20 pm »

MOWE: What's your opinion on NQT? TWS? Persus?

What exactly were you doing when you heard the explosion? Why didn't anyone else claim to hear the explosion?

I'm going to go back and re read the thread and form my opinions on everyone else. My main focus in reading earlier was finding out what IG had done and said to answer NQT's question.

Like I said, I was sitting at home, thinking about how it would feel to redeem myself by killing the god. I wanted people to like me and understand why I did what I did. I was actually sitting at my desk writing all of this in a journal by candlelight.

I think I was the only one to hear the explosion because it probably wasn't too terribly large if his house is still in decent shape and I was the only one close enough to hear it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 27, 2014, 10:39:27 pm »

MOWE:
And even if you decide to kill me, Ill just use my last ability and put in a replacement for Jiokuy.
Do you have any idea about what he was talking about here?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 27, 2014, 10:49:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The part about me is uncalled for.  The actual report was for the way you were treating other people's posts.  I was simply giving you a heads up.  I am entitled to report to the Toad if I feel it is necessary, and I think that your insulting people within their own quotes, changing the words to fit your view of the post (such as changing Toaster's post to  "I am ignorant") is over the line.  As such, I reported, and the Toad cleared you.  So I have nothing more to say on the issue.

The report was intended to, at most, indicate you needed to calm that kind of thing.  That's all.
Of last note: 4mask, that what you did is doing what I directly said will not address the issue. Toady is a very good mediator//person in that case, however if you don't directly say the cause, the reason and the act itself with what you're concerned with, then it is more than possible in the case of being... penalized(?) that the intent and the reason to learn from the intent will be misinterpreted.
How would IG notice that which you say here? Misinterpretations could go like that. Like how I interpreted his way of 'quoting others and replacing with those one-liner words' as his own...style or playstyle in handling others in Mafia. Yes, it is rude in many ways, but that could be reflective of his playstyle (though since we're not in a BM he's fully open for repercussions in that manner).

The last part is probably called for, on you, due to the details you were operating on (your viewpoint) versus the details he was operating on (his viewpoint). He did not know what you were poking at. This is what I meant by directness/exactness.

At best, you could've either called him out in public or PM'd him to settle the dispute. As such, I'm glad to see you're both handling it maturely. :)

...I do seriously hope y'all will still be friends. Don't let a spat of anger tarnish it, K?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 27, 2014, 11:15:41 pm »

@Hapah:
I'm not sure I follow. You think IG is the neccy?
I'm willing to bet he's something like that, yeah.

Look at what Jim says here:
This leads me to think that IG's role isn't really what he claimed, and my accusation that he's a killer who uses dead (town) corpses to power a kill.
This sounds extremely reasonable. And guess what Flabort found at Jiokuy's grave site last night? Necromancer signs.

@Persus13:
Toony:
Jack AT probably prevented Night 1's kill, good on him.
I doubt it, given that Jack A T said we almost certainly had a cult yesterday. I doubt he'd be so certain if he had blocked a kill.
That's true.

@NQT:
Everyone on the IG lynch
I don't see the contradiction, though IG could have been clearer. He uncovered ZU's face, started the ritual, was disturbed, Toony comes along, digs him up and then revives him. Where's the contradiction?
ZU's grave wasn't disturbed when I arrived. I had to do "a good bit of digging" to unearth the body.
Did it specifically say it was undisturbed?
I wager I don't have to answer this anymore, given how MOWE has admitted that IG was lying about the grave-digging.

@MOWE:
Thanks for replacing in, but there's no reason why IG should have lied so much, unless he was doing something malicious. I don't trust you at all.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 27, 2014, 11:43:33 pm »

I'm willing to believe MOWE for now. But one more suspicious act from MyOwnWorstGuardsman (I will use the accronym MOWG for the remainder of the game), and I will return my vote to MOWG in an instant. Thank you for answering those questions.

Unvote.

Toonyman When did you last post a list of reads? Can you post a revised list?

Everyone else Can you also post revised reads lists?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:04 am »

I'm gonna take the time to post today

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2014, 12:38:02 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
MyOwnWorstEnemy: TheWetSheep, Jim Groovester, Persus13, Hapah, Toaster, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: MyOwnWorstEnemy

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 28, 2014, 11:46:45 pm »

Hmm.m.mm.m....

Persus: Why are you voting IG? What's your read on TWS?
TWS: Why are you voting IG? What's your read on Toonyman?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 29, 2014, 01:07:17 am »

Oh, really.

Everyone else Can you also post revised reads lists?

Blaurgh if Meph says there's a scum team I guess I should try to look for them.

My reads are all jumbled up since I have no idea what's going on in this game. I'll take some time to work on it tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 29, 2014, 01:25:22 am »

Oh, really.
Thank you, Jim, I was going to say the same thing. In essence, at least.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 29, 2014, 10:25:06 am »

Toonyman When did you last post a list of reads? Can you post a revised list?
Not sure why I have a slightly different question, but okay:

Scum

IG/MOWE - Liar and malicious.
Notquitethere - Blatantly defended IG/MOWE.
Ottofar - Zero commitment.
TheWetSheep - Posts better than 4maskwolf, but I still have a bad feeling...

Middle Ground

Persus13 - Lack of activity and weird questions (I was just testing you!!).
Hapah - Posts seem okay enough. Not sure.

Town

Flabort - Most most likely town, it helps that NQT wants them dead. A Town Sage.
Jim - As fine as Jack AT was now. No idea what they are though.
Zombie Urist - I'm confident my revive worked now that IG's claim doesn't involve ZU anymore. A Town Sexton.
Toaster - I'm gonna be honest here, Toaster must either be a form of Mystic or he's converted. I think it's more likely he's a mystic, he inspected me Night 1, and got a town result. A Town Mystic? Otherwise he's scum scum scum-on-a-stick which gives me bad Supernatural 6 flashbacks.

With Jack's death being possibly explained by IG's death magic that makes another night without a scum team kill. It's possible that we've been lucky so far (Jack blocks the N1 kill, both IG and scum kill Jack N2), but that doesn't seem as likely, but still possible.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 29, 2014, 12:30:24 pm »

@MOWE:
Thanks for replacing in, but there's no reason why IG should have lied so much, unless he was doing something malicious. I don't trust you at all.
There's a reason for his lying: he's third party and kinda messed everything up. He was and I am a third party that poses no threat to town and he just had a very bad way of trying to prove his innocence. Isn't IG a pretty scummy player to begin with anyway?

I'm still working on the reads. This is a long game...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 80